Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Popy posted:

the pokemon world exists on the back of a Dynamax Torterra

But what's that Torterra standing on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

cptn_dr posted:

But what's that Torterra standing on?

It’s Torterras all the way down

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Endorph posted:

What types are left? Steel, Fighting, and Dragon?

Those 3 are the ones left yeah. I look forward to them blindsiding me because I thought Dark Miku was definitely going to be more emo goth.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I found Bugsy in Radical Red and I got him down to like 1% on his final pokemon before he knocked me out. Scizor is a pain in the rear end when you don't have fire moves!

Anyway Steel-type Miku. Not what I was expecting but very cool anyway.

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1706609619869581343

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ibblebibble posted:

I found Bugsy in Radical Red and I got him down to like 1% on his final pokemon before he knocked me out. Scizor is a pain in the rear end when you don't have fire moves!

Anyway Steel-type Miku. Not what I was expecting but very cool anyway.

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1706609619869581343

Huh, I was expecting big scissor-blade twintails for her hair.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/PokeMikuVOLTAGE/status/1706609565301895522

"Jirachi will awaken from its sleep of a thousand years if you sing to it in a voice of purity. It is said to make true any wish that people desire."

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
I guess Johto is gonna wind up the least musical region.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

DeafNote posted:

I guess Johto is gonna wind up the least musical region.

Fighting:
Heracross
Hisuian Sneasel
Tyrogue
Hitmontop

Dragon:
Mega Ampharos
Kingdra

Doesn't look good for Johto!

Personally I'm hoping for Mienshao/Noivern

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Scholtz posted:

Fighting:
Heracross
Hisuian Sneasel
Tyrogue
Hitmontop

Dragon:
Mega Ampharos
Kingdra

Oh Noivern would be a good call for that one.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Noivern for Dragon, Kommo-o for Fighting.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Scholtz posted:

Fighting:
Heracross
Hisuian Sneasel
Tyrogue
Hitmontop

Dragon:
Mega Ampharos
Kingdra

I want to bet Hitmontop for fighting, due to it being based around Capoera.

I could definitely see Noivern for Dragon. :hmmyes:.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I love adapting Obstagoon back to a singer and going in a completely different direction with it, lol

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I want to bet Hitmontop for fighting, due to it being based around Capoera.

I could definitely see Noivern for Dragon. :hmmyes:.

Just watch them end it with Meloetta again for Fighting.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Has anyone ever used a rare candy?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
no

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

They’re useful if you have a time/location sensitive evolution, and I guess you might as well pop them at the elite four but usually nah, not super impactful past the super earlygame.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Jay Rust posted:

only for lvl99 -> 100 as their final sugar snack, but yes! :blessed:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

this guy uses them to sync disparate timelines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gjsAA_5Agk

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Top and Chan should get an evolution :colbert:.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I like saving vitamins and them up in BW, then lose to N so I can fix my dragon's moveset and stats, then pour a (literal) dozen candies down its throat and steamroll Ghetsis's ambitions

BW2 gets even sillier since there's 18 you can get before the league

A few more if you also do the Battle Subway a few times and check the lost-and-found house in Anville

(and that's not taking Join Avenue into account, where between it and Nimbasa's courts, you'll have more levels than you know what to do with)

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie

Mesadoram posted:

Top and Chan should get an evolution :colbert:.

I would love for them to get a set of convergent species, all 4 of them, I feel like that would be neat, like they're fighters but what if they were divers or climbers or something, I think there's potential there

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Reoxygenation posted:

I would love for them to get a set of convergent species, all 4 of them, I feel like that would be neat, like they're fighters but what if they were divers or climbers or something, I think there's potential there

...Throh and Sawk?

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/pkmncast/status/1706762133340618971

Next 7-Star Raid is... Hisuian Decidueye? Sure okay.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Zuzie posted:

I *guess* but I already have a shiny one from PLA. He is gorgeous.

I use Rare Candies if I wanna level someone up from the 90s to 100 or if I really want an evolution to happen or there's some special condition, but XP candies are everywhere now so they feel a bit of a waste at low levels.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Zuzie posted:

Hmm, gotta wonder what it'll have. Leaf Blade/Triple Arrows for sure, Smack Down/Rock Tomb to gently caress over Fire and Flying, a Ghost/Dark move to hit Ghosts? It will need coverage so luckily he won't have Swords Dance as a main move so he can reach +6 almost instantly.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Hmm, gotta wonder what it'll have. Leaf Blade/Triple Arrows for sure, Smack Down/Rock Tomb to gently caress over Fire and Flying, a Ghost/Dark move to hit Ghosts? It will need coverage so luckily he won't have Swords Dance as a main move so he can reach +6 almost instantly.

It'll certainly have Scrappy as its ability, so the coverage specifically for Ghosts isn't needed.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Zuzie posted:

It'll certainly have Scrappy as its ability, so the coverage specifically for Ghosts isn't needed.

oh forgot about that. serebii defaulted to gen viii when i searched it up.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

That being said, it wouldn't hurt to watch out for Dark moves.

Since they seem to be going through each type for 7-star Tera raids, I'm going to predict that we'll get Hisuian Typhlosion with Tera Fire, Hisuian Samurott with Tera Dark, Torterra with Tera Ground, Empoleon with Tera Steel and Infernape with Tera Electric.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I finished the Pokémon sword main story last night for the first time, good fun, but : what did the villain want exactly? It wasn’t quite clear (I was sleepy and I guess I got outsmarted by the plot of this children’s game for kids)

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

I finished the Pokémon sword main story last night for the first time, good fun, but : what did the villain want exactly? It wasn’t quite clear (I was sleepy and I guess I got outsmarted by the plot of this children’s game for kids)

iirc he wanted to redo an apocalyptic disaster to replenish Dynamax energy.

basically like what if the CEO of ExxonMobil was trying to turn all of Earth’s present creatures into oil to put off a future oil supply crisis and you and Messi had to team up to stop him

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

also apparently they still have a millennium left of Dynamax energy, even after the first Darkest Day 3,000 years ago, so he was really overreacting.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

iirc he wanted to redo an apocalyptic disaster to replenish Dynamax energy.

basically like what if the CEO of ExxonMobil was trying to turn all of Earth’s present creatures into oil to put off a future oil supply crisis and you and Messi had to team up to stop him

idk if FIFA games have story modes but that would make a good story mode

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Dave Beckham Shut Up and Goal Gaiden

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie

Zuzie posted:

...Throh and Sawk?

Wait gently caress. I totally forgot they existed

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee evolve into Hitmonali and Hitmonswayze respectively.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Zuzie posted:

Hmm...I've already got one of these in a fast ball with its hidden ability and an adamant nature. Like..if anybody here wants one but doesn't want to deal with the raid I'll gladly catch it for you. Not sure what this thing is going to be running but I mean I'm pretty satisfied with what I have already? I guess this going to come down to whether or not they'r going to give these guys good natures. Might be nice to catch a Hisuian Samurott ngl, but I do want a big boy and all the 7 star raids are standard sized.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Flopsy posted:

Hmm...I've already got one of these in a fast ball with its hidden ability and an adamant nature. Like..if anybody here wants one but doesn't want to deal with the raid I'll gladly catch it for you. Not sure what this thing is going to be running but I mean I'm pretty satisfied with what I have already? I guess this going to come down to whether or not they'r going to give these guys good natures. Might be nice to catch a Hisuian Samurott ngl, but I do want a big boy and all the 7 star raids are standard sized.

I mean it's pretty trivial these days to change natures with Mints.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

I mean it's pretty trivial these days to change natures with Mints.

:bahgawd: IT'S THE PRINCIPLE OF THE THING.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It will never not be funny to me, catching an immortal god pokemon that’s the source of all life on earth, and checking its stat page where it’s like “Sassy! It takes plenty of siestas!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
The point of catching them is the mark. Now that basically every other customization aspect of a Pokémon is customizable (name, shininess, nature, IVs, ball, etc.), the marks are the last thing they can dangle in front of us and say “but you don’t have *this* one!”

And personally, I’m all for it. :colbert: