Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

blarzgh posted:

Hm yes no good quarterback has ever thrown a desperation pick when the game was out of hand

We will get through this together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

fartknocker posted:

Or Dak is just not good

Hey now, hes a top 5 backup quarterback

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Harlock posted:

Even if White isn't there, there's still two Cardinals who are in front of ball before it gets to the receiver. They might not intercept it quite as easily but it isn't a TD most likely. It was just a really bad throw.

Its a tight window, but they're all tight windows in the red zone, and I think its most likely a TD.

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life
The Eagles look off. Plenty of time to go, and they are 3-0, but it ain't *clickin*.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

blarzgh posted:

Hm yes no good quarterback has ever thrown a desperation pick when the game was out of hand

https://youtu.be/icVJ6Q1v1WU?t=2m05s.

2:05 of this clip even!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Why was the game out of hand against the cardinals

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

i cannot understand why the Eagles are the most boring team to ever watch

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

blarzgh posted:

For dak the game is out of hand when he’s down 10 in the second. I wish this weren’t the case, but the numbers don’t lie.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nice! posted:

For dak the game is out of hand when he’s down 10 in the second. I wish this weren’t the case, but the numbers don’t lie.

What a ridiculous, meaningless stat

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

epic bacon posted:

i cannot understand why the Eagles are the most boring team to ever watch

They've never been that exciting with Hurts, they're just good.

Every Eagles game starts the same with stout as gently caress defense playing their hearts out until the Eagles can just ram run options down the opposing teams throat for 3 quarters. If it wasn't Hurts and out of shotgun it's classic old school football which is synonymous with snoozeville.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah last nights game ended with a 10 min eagles drive that ended on like the 2 yard line

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

euphronius posted:

Why was the game out of hand against the cardinals

Looking back I think they played Micah Parsons like a fiddle. It looked pretty similar to that first Eagles game last season. They set him up pretty regularly with fakes and Micah bit drat near every time.

The defense is more than Parsons but if he's going to be completely neutralized like that then you're going to have a long day. Doesn't help that LVE looked lost reading plays. I think they expected Dobbs to run more than he did.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Is Dak just Baker Mayfield with a star on his helmet?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The pregame hype for baker was nauseating last night

Tbf I was dumb for watching pre game tv coverage

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Doltos posted:

They've never been that exciting with Hurts, they're just good.

Every Eagles game starts the same with stout as gently caress defense playing their hearts out until the Eagles can just ram run options down the opposing teams throat for 3 quarters. If it wasn't Hurts and out of shotgun it's classic old school football which is synonymous with snoozeville.

It's a passing league, but I don't think there's anything more demoralizing than being able to do run for 6 ypc on command and the defense cant do poo poo about it

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

DO NOT DISPARAGE TOÑO ROMO IN THIS THREAD THANK YOU 😡

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Shinjobi posted:

Looking back I think they played Micah Parsons like a fiddle. It looked pretty similar to that first Eagles game last season. They set him up pretty regularly with fakes and Micah bit drat near every time.

The defense is more than Parsons but if he's going to be completely neutralized like that then you're going to have a long day. Doesn't help that LVE looked lost reading plays. I think they expected Dobbs to run more than he did.

The same thing that makes Micah such a terrifying force — the fact that he goes as hard as any human has ever gone, every single play, relentlessly — also creates a lot of problems for him. There's the whole "you can run the ball right by him because he's beelining toward the pocket" thing, there's the fact that he ends up gassed as drives go deeper, and then there's the part where he's apparently getting loving clobbered by his own teammates coming the other way as he gets behind the pocket. That last one happened a handful of times in the Arizona game, and each time looked gnarly.

And even with all of that he's still easily one of the best of his era. Freak.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Shinjobi posted:

Imagine if the Giants didn’t panic and abandon the run after one series. Might of made a game of it. Dabol and Kafka’s play calling and gameplan sucked.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

davecrazy posted:

Imagine if the Giants didn’t panic and abandon the run after one series. Might of made a game of it. Dabol and Kafka’s play calling and gameplan sucked.

100% agree

Still think the Giants lose with the wacky rear end turnovers, but that opening drive looked no different than any other Cowboys defensive effort from last year. Just run on em, trick Micah, win.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Dak shredded the Eagles defense last year yet the Gannon Cards hold him to 16

Wtf

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
forget it nissan cup nudist, it's the nfc east

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I enjoy watching the eagles defense clobber people but their o is really boring

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Watching running backs average 10 yards a carry is not “3 yards and a cloud of dust” old-school football. This o-line is just dominant.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I wasnt really watching football seriously yet in those days but its funny how any clip 2007-2011 is instantly dated for me by joe bucks awful weird effort to not react at all to anything...hes much better now ofc but why did anyone tolerate this. did anyone find this cool or something??

edit: i love how the first pass they show here the cameraman loses the ball cause the giants receiver just completely blends in with the playoffs graphic on the field, lol

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Sep 26, 2023

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Toaster Beef posted:

forget it nissan cup nudist, it's the nfc east

Clownball giveth, Clownball taketh. Praise be to Clownball. In Eli’s name, gently caress the Cowboys.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

blarzgh posted:

What a ridiculous, meaningless stat

It's true, though. Dak can't win if he gets down by 10 in the second. If you look at Dak's history he has essentially no wins at all where he was down by 10 in the second. It might be specifically down 10 at the half. I can't remember for sure, but basically Dak cannot play from behind. If the cowboys go down early, they're hosed.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

It's true, though. Dak can't win if he gets down by 10 in the second. If you look at Dak's history he has essentially no wins at all where he was down by 10 in the second. It might be specifically down 10 at the half. I can't remember for sure, but basically Dak cannot play from behind. If the cowboys go down early, they're hosed.

What is the baseline win rate for all teams that fall behind by 10 at the half?

I'll take my answer offline thanks!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

davecrazy posted:

Our defense is absolute garbage right now so they couldn't get into a clock game with Dallas. They wanted to air it out early and often but the botched FG killed any hopes of that strategy working.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Ayudo posted:

What is the baseline win rate for all teams that fall behind by 10 at the half?

I'll take my answer offline thanks!

A Hall of Fame QB wins about 30%. Dak is like 6% or something. It's noticeably bad even in a stat full of bad numbers.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Mahomes, otoh, is 14-10 for a 0.583 record when down 10+ points. You can literally never count Mahomes out of the game.

Once the cowboys are down 10, though, oof.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I like how the Cowboys have let us know ahead of time that yes, they will get 10000% pants-ed by the 49ers again in a few weeks. If the Cardinals did that to them, sheesh

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

I like how the Cowboys have let us know ahead of time that yes, they will get 10000% pants-ed by the 49ers again in a few weeks. If the Cardinals did that to them, sheesh

beating the 49ers will complete the circle of wtf (jk, we're not going to beat them)

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Dak shredded the Eagles defense last year yet the Gannon Cards hold him to 16

Wtf

Their 3 best offensive linemen were out with injury, and the game plan appears to have sucked

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nice! posted:

Mahomes, otoh, is 14-10 for a 0.583 record when down 10+ points. You can literally never count Mahomes out of the game.

Once the cowboys are down 10, though, oof.

"NFL QB not as transcendent as Patrick Mahomes!"

- a smart person with very insightful football Thoughts

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Prescott has won like 2/3 of the 100 games he's played in, presides over one of the best records in the NFL during his tenure at starting quarterback, has dozens of fourth quarter comebacks plus game winning drives; an obscure note about a specific lead amount at a specific point in a game represents such a small sample of his overall body of work as to be meaningless.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I believe it was 2019 where he put up quite literally the best passer rating in the fourth quarter in the history of the NFL

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Gonna be honest, I don't really care to argue for/against Dak this week. He had a bad game with a backup line, no doubt about it. But also so did almost everyone on the team. Frankly, given how bad they played 16 points is a blessing. Had they lost 16-24 or 16-17, sure go after him.

He could be better. He should be better. But so should everyone else when playing a winless team. Defense poo poo the bed in a way that confirms they're the exact same as last year. Mozzie Smith ain't gonna fix that overnight.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

blarzgh posted:

Prescott has won like 2/3 of the 100 games he's played in, presides over one of the best records in the NFL during his tenure at starting quarterback, has dozens of fourth quarter comebacks plus game winning drives; an obscure note about a specific lead amount at a specific point in a game represents such a small sample of his overall body of work as to be meaningless.

ok but have you considered

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

We don't really have many redzone playmakers left. Used to have guys like Amari Cooper, Ezekiel Elliott, even Dalton Schultz, but now our guys get beat in the rz and Dak doesn't have poo poo to throw to. Nevermind zeke leaving and the run game being anemic. About to drop $100m on Lamb but he was getting outplayed by the cards. Maybe Arizona ain't so bad, but Dallas O is going to be a problem even with a healthy O line, we're not deep in the skill positions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

blarzgh posted:

I believe it was 2019 where he put up quite literally the best passer rating in the fourth quarter in the history of the NFL

Have you considered perhaps that Dak can be a good QB but also have a noticeable weakness? Wild thoughts I know.