Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

29$ to see who?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

29$ to see who?

hot dog

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

JP Morgan just banned all cryptocurrency transactions through their bank. Lol

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Costco to offer virtual healthcare visits for $29

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/costco-virtual-medical-checkups-for-29/

They're going to reinstall the onion machines except when you turn the crank now they dispense band-aids and sub-WebMD advice

PBUC

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

euphronius posted:

29$ to see who?
*dons wizard hat and lab cloak*

me.

now money in the bag

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

SKULL.GIF posted:

uhhh they allowed them in the first place…? wtf

e: I guess to be generous they mean denying debit/credit transactions to buying crypto exchange sites?

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

for banks, an absurd fraction of cryptocurrency transactions are just straight up cases of old people falling for scams.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Xaris posted:

uhhh they allowed them in the first place…? wtf

e: I guess to be generous they mean denying debit/credit transactions to buying crypto exchange sites?

Had to track down the story since all the idiots on Xitter squawking about it wouldn't link it: https://www.usnews.com/news/technology/articles/2023-09-26/jpmorgans-uk-bank-chase-to-ban-crypto-transactions

Looks like it's just Chase specifically not JPM as a whole?

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

*all crypto transactions for UK Chase Bank customers afaik

https://twitter.com/reuters/status/1706684110356300121

e: Reuters Link

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
sex arses and jellied eels shall be paid for in shillings only!!!

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

euphronius posted:

29$ to see who?

Blessings of the Costco, blessings of the masses.

Skinnymansbeerbelly has issued a correction as of 16:25 on Sep 26, 2023

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

webcams for christ posted:

*all crypto transactions for UK Chase Bank customers afaik

https://twitter.com/reuters/status/1706684110356300121

e: Reuters Link

bitcoin fixes this

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I think this is doomsday Econ related.

https://www.countryherald.com/news/illinois-csl-behring-workers-strike-looms-99-reject-latest-contract/?amp

A CSL Behring drug manufacturing plant a bit South of Chicago appears to be all set to go on strike at some point after their contract expires tomorrow.

I bet some people here can explain what this will mean to the price of drugs. I am guessing they go up, but that was going to happen anyways.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Maybe people are just sad

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Depression isn't really that great

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

Blessings of the Costco, blessings of the masses.

Your own personal Jesus
Someone to hear your prayers
Access affordable care

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

vox make me ik so I can chain probe shrike

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

why the bad vibes?

https://twitter.com/opinion/status/1706695468388933864

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Homeless Friend posted:

we absolutely would not have gotten the same UI program without trump not giving 1 poo poo about signing off on whatever lol. abuela would have made sure to slow roll it and tack on 40 bajillion qualifiers and mean test it to hell to force folks back to work. lol at thinking a democrat would be more reasonable on this

a really fun stat to point out to my decorum poisoned lib friends is that by every metric used, Trump personally oversaw the largest and swiftest reduction in poverty in American history

of course the takeaway isn't "Trump good" it's that giving very poor people a small but significant amount of money without conditions has an absolutely massive impact on their lives and they aren't just spending it on drugs and booze or whatever the gently caress politicians say whenever it comes up

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Zodium posted:

capitalism is when the class of people who make money by buying labor power to make more money (i.e., the bourgeoisie) control the state, and use it to ensure that the class of people who sell their labor for money to survive (i.e., the working class) always need to do that. the bourgeois state is not in the business of ensuring you get what you pay for, but in the business of making sure capitalists have much more money than they need, and workers have less money than they need.

actually, i think u will find that capitalism is when people exchange goods in a "market"--a feature that was unknown to humankind until the the late 18th century

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I sometimes feel economists are like Peter Pan. They can’t spout their made up bullshit unless they are happy. And all those bad vibes are making them unhappy. So they must constantly remind everyone that the economists are never wrong, and that it is the general public who are wrong about everything. Then the economists can continue to live in their happy little bubble of contradictions.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Every economist out there only looks at, at maximum, one year back. They will sit there and pout that inflation over the last 3 months is only 2% so why are you saying the economy is bad??? They completely ignore that prices since 2019 are up 200+% and wages are only up 35~%. It’s infuriating.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

great depression and worst depression mean the same thing? what a country!

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.
almost every crisis we face today has a smiling economist* standing behind bill clinton signing it into law

* - generally larry summers

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

FlapYoJacks posted:

Every economist out there only looks at, at maximum, one year back. They will sit there and pout that inflation over the last 3 months is only 2% so why are you saying the economy is bad??? They completely ignore that prices since 2019 are up 200+% and wages are only up 35~%. It’s infuriating.

That is the only relevant data!

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

things have been constantly bad for a year therefore everything is the same

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
A pretty common thing with American liberal capitalists is ignoring history and only looking forward to next quarter.

It is just in time manufacturing.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

Vox Nihili posted:

Your own personal Jesus
Someone to hear your prayers
Access affordable care

I wish my PCP was as responsive as OMM

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

A pretty common thing with American liberal capitalists is ignoring history and only looking forward to next quarter.

It is just in time manufacturing.

Just in time manufactured consent.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

LIVE from michigan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5TdH4uelpE

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Buffer posted:

* - generally larry summers

really hate that guy

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

FlapYoJacks posted:

poo poo, your wages went up 35%?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

inflation proof beverage hacks, buy loose leaf tea

a pound will last at least six months, probably more

Only registered members can see post attachments!

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Nuclearmonkee posted:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

poo poo, your wages went up 35%?

IIRC that’s the average for wage slaves since 2019? Mine haven’t gone up that much lol.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Nuclearmonkee posted:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lower tier wages have gone up (relatively ) a lot (compared to themselves) I think

I don’t think mid tier and above wages and salaries have gone up as much (percentage wise )

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

The point is to extract money from heirs

Taxing my inherited tax shelter at my marginal income tax bracket is tyranny :qq:

They still let me shelter it by structuring the income over 10 years but it's not enough, apparently.

I want to inherit my wealth for free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Forgot about this. What new way is Brandon going to screw the pooch today, I wonder.