Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

That Works posted:

They died? Last I heard they were in v bad shape but still living.

He just died? Wow. I didn’t know that. You’re telling me now for the first time. He led an amazing life. What else can you say? He was an amazing person, whether you agreed or not, he was an amazing person who led an amazing life. I am sad to hear that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g4MSYK5d3A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
my Switch broke before I got very far into my third playthrough but whatever build I did meant that Harry did not desire any drugs or alcohol

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

as far as i can find, christman is not dead yet

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Empty Sandwich posted:

my Switch broke before I got very far into my third playthrough but whatever build I did meant that Harry did not desire any drugs or alcohol

a second way to play the game wrong????

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
some of us want to get a good grade in kim

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Cranappleberry posted:

a second way to play the game wrong????

there is no wrong way to play DE. except for the way that guy did it. and also this way.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

death cob for cutie posted:

some of us want to get a good grade in kim

Who is kim and what is she grading

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
kim is a lib

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I played a straight edge sorry cop and it was funny how much you get made fun of for it. was worth it for that alone.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
All Cops means harry and kim

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
dying at the very start of disco elysium just from turning on the lights ftw

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

chapo being involved in de makes me even less likely to play it, tbh. voices made for pantomime.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

NoiseAnnoys posted:

chapo being involved in de makes me even less likely to play it, tbh. voices made for pantomime.

the chapo voices were removed stop being a bitch

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Al! posted:

All Cops means harry and kim

this frankly

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the chapo voices were removed stop being a bitch

i thought they were expanded?

anyhow, i'm pretty anti-voice acting in most games. chapo peeps just annoy me, in terms of sound, like the rlm dorks.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Alaois posted:

I think casting everyone vaguely related to Chapo Trap House isnt a great way to handle voice acting, personally

i liked the original voices for the strike leader and titus better but i guess that's a preference thing. it's more that i thought the way "major" lines were VOed but more in-depth dialogue wasn't worked pretty well

maybe because that's how a lot of older RPGs like the Infinity Engine-era ones handled things

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

NoiseAnnoys posted:

anyhow, i'm pretty anti-voice acting in most games. they just annoy me, in terms of sound, like the rlm dorks.

:goofy:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

NoiseAnnoys posted:

anyhow, i'm pretty anti-voice acting in most games. chapo peeps just annoy me, in terms of sound, like the rlm dorks.

wut

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
do you wish that every game sounded like banjo kazooie?

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
username/post combo I guess

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

NoiseAnnoys posted:

Rich Evans saying "AIDS"

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

NoiseAnnoys posted:

anyhow, i'm pretty anti-voice acting in most games.

Username checks out.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

YES

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Rich Evans saying "AIDS"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Gkaw61fUeA

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

99% i wish i didn't have to wait a minute for a mediocre actor to read through their lines when i've already read the subtitles in like 2 seconds.

when done well (or charmingly badly), voice acting is really cool, but most of the time, it's just a draaaaag. anyhow, that is my opinion and i'm stickin' to it.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

NoiseAnnoys posted:

They were replaced with more professional voice actors later. Also it's really lame to care about that.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

mario: itsa me! mario! wah! yippie!

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

NoiseAnnoys posted:

A few roles, like the Chapo guy's role, were recast for the fully-voiced version.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Terrible Opinions posted:

They were replaced with more professional voice actors later. Also it's really lame to care about that.

care about what? the sound of the voice actors' voices? like that is one of the main things one should care about regarding voice actors.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

NoiseAnnoys posted:

99% i wish i didn't have to wait a minute for a mediocre actor to read through their lines when i've already read the subtitles in like 2 seconds.

when done well (or charmingly badly), voice acting is really cool, but most of the time, it's just a draaaaag. anyhow, that is my opinion and i'm stickin' to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQka4wv6BLw

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

NoiseAnnoys posted:

care about what? the sound of the voice actors' voices? like that is one of the main things one should care about regarding voice actors.

you are going to keep getting roasted for this. if you defend such an absurd position rather than chuckling and going "yeah im hosed up", you will deserve it. god speed on this path you have chosen for yourself

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

The Kins posted:

A few roles, like the Chapo guy's role, were recast for the fully-voiced version.

ah, i thought it was the other way. i do stand corrected.

anyhow, i'm not trying to poo poo on anyone else for liking it, i just do not dig the sound of those voices.

Lady Radia posted:

you are going to keep getting roasted for this. if you defend such an absurd position rather than chuckling and going "yeah im hosed up", you will deserve it. god speed on this path you have chosen for yourself

probably, but "oh no, i got roasted for not liking voice acting/certain voice actors" is pretty far down on the list of things i actually care about lol.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Text is the superior communication method and "voice chat" is for philistines.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
its not really going to help if you dont like amateurish voice acting but its an indie game and its hard to get good voice actors on that kind of budget, unless your game is japanese

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

I do kind of get the voice actor thing. For instance, I'd much rather have no voice work over voice work that's not in english because hearing language I don't understand can be distracting if I'm trying to read/concentrate. However, the real evil in games is unskippable credits.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

ellie: bibi bi!!

ellie: bibi bi bibibibi...... bibibibi bi bibibi bi bibi bi???

joel [sighing]: da dadada da da.... dadada da.. dadada da. dadada da da da dadadada... da da. dadada. da!

ellie: ......bi......

[ellie, realizing that joel may not be the knight in shining armor she saw him as, looks off into the disrance]

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I would rather have competent nobodies doing the VA than the same five voices that appear in every english dub.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Al! posted:

joel [sighing]: da dadada da da.... dadada da.. dadada da. dadada da da da dadadada... da da. dadada. da!

[ellie, realizing that joel may not be the knight in shining armor she saw him as, looks off into the disrance]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Al! posted:

lmao