Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

im going to deliver bigly amazing actions for these auto workers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
He probably wanted to play both sides and catch a few "union" people by going to a car related factory and meeting with the workers there while not actually meeting with anyone in a union and presumably getting heckled.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

Between this and the FCC stuff I feel like we're finally getting something worthwhile out of this old senile bastard

I'm sure this feeling wont last long, I'm just trying to figure out the angle the disappointment is going to come from

He's showing up for a free PR photo op. What's he doing to help? loving nothing. What's he do to help break labor? Lots.

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

caelxii posted:

lmao did Trump bait and switch Biden into speaking to the unions?

Biden was on board with the UAW strike pretty early on I doubt this was related tbh

He doesn't have the actual power to stop it unlike the rail strike so theres not really anything to gain for him in stepping on the Unions, and the UAW already kinda looks like they're going to get to get what they want so it was probably a very easy decision to support the union here. Shuts down his internal detractors for a little while and gives him some (mostly unearned) credibility in 2024

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

The Oldest Man posted:

He's showing up for a free PR photo op. What's he doing to help? loving nothing. What's he do to help break labor? Lots.

No president has ever done this before, it's not nothing

Like, I don't really wanna defend the guy? But the president feeling free to support a striking union is something new. Not even Obama felt that comfortable once he'd actually taken office.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

hes crushed a strike op visiting for 5 minutes and pretending to care doesn't make up for that and his entire career of being a wall-street stooge, a useless Pr stunt that leads to nothing ultimately is nothing

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Willa Rogers posted:

Those stupid poors, working at jobs without pensions all those years, then becoming homeless.

(Don't look at the demographics of those who worked those jobs.)

You seem kinda whiny and entitled. Have you considered working harder, not smarter? Remember: measure twice, cut once!

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Showing up for a photo op is nothing. Breaking a rail strike is something.

quote:

Like, I don't really wanna defend the guy? But the president feeling free to support a striking union is something new. Not even Obama felt that comfortable once he'd actually taken office.

He didn't support unions either, op

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

Spend a little time reading the succ thread so you understand that Democrats are just decorous Republicans.

If Biden had the means to crush the UAW strike like he could the rail strike, he would've already done it.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

he could of easily had said he was going way before trump (lol) and maybe even gain a little more pr

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

stumblebum posted:

it's true, boomers had a perfect idealized democracy wherein voters had power, and not large-scale systems of socioeconomic interests and institutions that dictated the very structures and forms of society for the sake on an antagonistic ruling class. makes you wonder when the us developed stringent class hierarchy for the first time in its history; 1970? 1980? either way, my oppressors definitely include people without any ownership over the means of production or even physical means of overpowering me

cool cool cool now do the part where boomers could go to college for $50 a semester at a public university, anywhere in the us. and graduate right into jobs. and homes were affordable. and cars.

nothing about our society has changed, so what you said of society then is true now...except that all of the system-provided advantages boomers had, were subsequently removed by boomers.

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Bishyaler posted:

Spend a little time reading the succ thread so you understand that Democrats are just decorous Republicans.

If Biden had the means to crush the UAW strike like he could the rail strike, he would've already done it.

I said this literally one post before the post you were quoting dude

It's on the same page even

caelxii
Jun 20, 2003

Biden was on board with the UAW strike pretty early on I doubt this was related tbh

He doesn't have the actual power to stop it unlike the rail strike so theres not really anything to gain for him in stepping on the Unions, and the UAW already kinda looks like they're going to get to get what they want so it was probably a very easy decision to support the union here. Shuts down his internal detractors for a little while and gives him some (mostly unearned) credibility in 2024

Of course Biden was "on board." But if not for Trump, his support would have stopped at the usual democrat saying some positive words and wearing that red tie at a meeting last week. The only reason he made the trip today was because Trump said he was going to speak to them.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

caelxii posted:

lmao did Trump bait and switch Biden into speaking to the unions?

that has to be the single worst bait and switch of all time because the auto unions are insanely popular and siding with them is probably going to help in the midwest

like bidens got a thousand other problems going on, but this is like... trump tricking biden into helping himself??

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
if simply showing up for an hour or two to a picket line is this amazingly historic thing that requires no actual action that just speaks to the bar being in the center of the earth and whoever is crossing it shouldn't really be congratulated

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Trump is going to lead a unionization effort and one-up Biden.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

anime was right posted:

that has to be the single worst bait and switch of all time because the auto unions are insanely popular and siding with them is probably going to help in the midwest

like bidens got a thousand other problems going on, but this is like... trump tricking biden into helping himself??

maybe if this was like a month before the elections in some of those states sure

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023
I think some of y'all have just been reading the succ thread for way too long tbh

caelxii
Jun 20, 2003

anime was right posted:

Yah in retrospect it feels like Biden called Trump's bluff. But he called that bluff in panic mode.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Consolidated Ed posted:

cool cool cool now do the part where boomers could go to college for $50 a semester at a public university, anywhere in the us. and graduate right into jobs. and homes were affordable. and cars.

nothing about our society has changed, so what you said of society then is true now...except that all of the system-provided advantages boomers had, were subsequently removed by boomers.

make me ik so I can probe posts like this

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

concerning

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

You are dead wrong. Biden has no idea what he’s doing because he has dementia.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

I think some of y'all have just been reading the succ thread for way too long tbh

I think people can not want to shatter their kneecaps to suck off a politician for giving a non-committal speech with zero action in the 2020s United States without having some anti-democrat obsession

This is the campaign event equivalent of rubbing peoples faces in graphs. "DIDNT YOU HEAR THE SPEECH?!?! HE SUPPORTS WORKERS!"

cool, i'm still getting loving destroyed with most everyone else. Personally I think if he felt that strongly and historically about the issue he could do literally anything other than talk about it.

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1706744902581620856

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

err posted:

Trump is going to lead a unionization effort and one-up Biden.

He doesn't have an actual ideology beyond TRUMP! and I would not be surprised if he accidentally did a little bit of this.

:chaostrump:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

why does he keep talking about the middle class

Biden

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

euphronius posted:

why does he keep talking about the middle class

Biden

because he helped destroy it

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

running on a platform of killing landlords, class traitors, generational chatters and people who post about what fast food costs at their american supermarket

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

that's numberwang

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Man I wish the hospitals around me would unionize so I too could go on strike.

Not being on strike is no fun, and watching from the sidelines makes me sad

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

joe "gently caress them railworkers and their bitchass children, they can take time off when they fuckin die" biden

i know it was like 10 months ago but cmon, jack

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

bidens doing it because the workers decided to do poo poo and have a novel strategy. that’s the whole point, workers organizing to take power. your focus on bidens feelings or whatever is some pathetic serf poo poo, have some self respect buddy

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Number has been very sad today and none of you even care!!!

It's always what is number but never how is number.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

its time to destroy number

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

HallelujahLee posted:

its time to destroy number

:mods:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
:rolleyes:

sure thing Target, "organized retail crime" lmao

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

Tempora Mutantur posted:

joe "gently caress them railworkers and their bitchass children, they can take time off when they fuckin die" biden

i know it was like 10 months ago but cmon, jack

doing poo poo like this is why democratic sweet words RE: labor are meaningless

when the chips are down they act, but it's to break the unions

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

starting a presidential run to consolidate the data centers

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

This emote :owned: but it says SUCC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Gunshow Poophole posted:

:rolleyes:

sure thing Target, "organized retail crime" lmao

Target has stolen at least $22,000,000 in wage theft, not to mention several other incidents.

https://violationtracker.goodjobsfirst.org/parent/target