Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

Bad Seafood posted:

Didn't expect to enjoy the Balatro demo as much as I did. Been a hot minute since I played much Poker, but I picked up what it was putting down pretty quickly.

Any word on whether or not they're porting it to phones? Seems like a good time-killer for when you're trapped on the subway or sitting in a waiting room.

I asked at some point while I was in the playtest (though I can't find the post on the steam forum right this moment) and iirc they said they wanted to do mobile ports down the line but were focused on getting the PC version balanced and out the door before thinking about it too much. I hope it comes sooner after the PC release rather than later even though having Balatro on my phone feels dangerous, it's been a hot minute since a game came out of nowhere and hooked me like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Kanfy posted:

Nobody does that kind of thing anymore grandpa, they just use AI image generation to mass produce them.

Exactly 513 times?

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Macichne Leainig posted:

Exactly 513 times?

Maybe 600 times, maybe 700 times, maybe 1000 times, and then just pruning out the most obviously messed up ones and throwing in the rest, I figure.

At any rate I checked the mod and yeah it's incredibly obviously all AI-generated, even without the disclaimer outright saying as much.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Perestroika posted:

The main thing that brought Btech down for me was the mission design. Like every other contract boiled down to "go here to fight an enemy lance, whoops here's a second lance as well". It almost always devolved into a knock-down drag-out brawl, which in turn meant there was hardly ever any reason not to always bring the absolute heaviest lance you can field. Maybe mods help there, but at the time I hadn't found any that really helped there.

fake edit: I just double-checked nexus in case something interesting dropped since I last played, and literally the very first entry I see in the mod list is this loving thing :laffo:

The only mod you need is BTA3062 which isn't from nexus it has its own website

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Get used to the fact that sex is mainstream now what with Balder's Gate 3 legitimizing it. The days of sex mods for Skyrim being a laugh is way behind us, post bear twink sex.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

KakerMix posted:

Get used to the fact that sex is mainstream now what with Balder's Gate 3 legitimizing it. The days of sex mods for Skyrim being a laugh is way behind us, post bear twink sex.

Eh, give it time and I'm sure the same group trying to deny gay people exist in books will set their sights on games.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I think Bethesda sex mod people will probably still be able to deliver things beyond the norm, if I had to guess.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

ImpAtom posted:

Eh, give it time and I'm sure the same group trying to deny gay people exist in books will set their sights on games.

They'll never get anywhere.

I wasn't trying to paint this negative, by the way. I honestly don't give a gently caress about what people do in real life, how could I care whatever they do in their video games?

The people have spoken, and Balder's Gate 3 is a fantastic, deep and well written game where choices matter and you can sleep with lots of people in various forms. This is how it SHOULD be. I'm not sure how far Bethesda modders can go past mind flayer sex.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I seem to remember people being happy about these?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2395210/Tony_Hawks_Pro_Skater_1__2

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

They made the soundtrack worse but i know its probably licensing bs, otherwise its fine.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

it's a crime that vicarious visions were sent to the diablo mines before they got to remake 3+4

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Ooblets is also releasing on Steam in a week.

I'm excited, those are the only two Epic exclusives I really cared about.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Kingdom Hearts is still stuck on Epic Games Store and both Alan Wake Remastered and Alan Wake 2 will be too.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Wow, I just read the Steam reviews on Cyan's Firnament.

The first three are extremely :smith:

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

I remember finding out about Firmament, being really interested, putting it on my wishlist, then seeing the AI news and removing it, all in the space of like 24 hours. Fun time

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Finally. I was never going to get that on Epic unless it was free.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Got a possible compromised account named KennetH sending CS voting links:siren:
From the Philippines.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Scalding Coffee posted:

Got a possible compromised account named KennetH sending CS voting links:siren:
From the Philippines.

ask him what the frequency is

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Kingdom Hearts is still stuck on Epic Games Store and both Alan Wake Remastered and Alan Wake 2 will be too.

gently caress i forgot that Alan Wake 2 is going to be Epic exclusive, that really sucks

Is it permanent or like Ooblets? (which I believe was said to be permanent and yet here we are)

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

AW remastered and AW2 are published by epic themselves so it's safe to assume they are forever exclusives

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

why do ppl hate Epic? too lazy to use a different storefront?

i like their free games

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

i like their free games

irrational grudge that I will forever hold, caused by Phoenix Point (a game I kickstarted) announcing that it was going to drop the steam store and be epic exclusive instead, when I backed it for the express purpose of getting a steam key.

Thankfully I was later able to get a steam key from that so all is forgiven... but the grudge continues.

e: oh and hitman 3 came out on epic first for a year too. so the grudge got reinforced. I don't mind alternate storefronts (ubisoft, origin) but the way epic went about it pissed me off and I can't let go of that anger.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

Do people ask this question specifically to cause pages of derailment or is the years of arguments on these forums about this not enough?

Mr E fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Sep 26, 2023

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Mr E posted:

Do people ask this question specifically to cause pages or derailment or is the years of arguments on these forums about this not enough?

Some people don't keep up with threads :shrug:

but also yeah here we go

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

not going to repeat the same discussion in here, but Fortune's Run's release date is up in the air as they were rejected by Valve. you can see the Game Industry thread (or Early FPS) thread for more details but it comes down to both a rape scene in the game and poor QA in the tutorial

also My Time at Sandrock's Act 3 Update is out now which completes the story, though the final 1.0 date is still November

and Rhythm Doctor, after a long hiatus, is releasing their Act 5 update on Oct 21st

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

i like their free games

Come on buddy pay even the smallest amount of attention

We are not going to have this derail again, I forbid it

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Anyways, in an attempt to help, I caved and got Iceborne and then I got silly with the character editor:

The fact I can do this without mods is really silly and I love it

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

i like their free games

just reminds me of streaming services where I need multiple log-ins for different games.

its fine and i still use it, but i was already established on Steam

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Fingers are crossed that Final Fantasy 16 and 7 Rebirth don't have that year long Epic Store exclusive period that 7 Remake did when they come to PC. But I'm going to get Alan Wake 2 over there with minimal complaint. This sequel by all rights just wouldn't exist without Epic's funds.

mystes
May 31, 2006

StrixNebulosa posted:

Anyways, in an attempt to help, I caved and got Iceborne and then I got silly with the character editor:

that is extremely wacky, lol

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Please, again, let's not chat about why Epic is good or bad or neither, let's just give that a break for today.

Strix that character is very good

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You can see my face holes in some extremely specific shots and it's great lol

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

You can see my face holes in some extremely specific shots and it's great lol

That owns.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I've hit a point with character creators where instead of trying to make myself or a character, I'll just find the silliest thing I can find and work around that. That way I'm no longer disappointed by body shapes or the inability to find the PERFECT hair style. :argh:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

StrixNebulosa posted:

I've hit a point with character creators where instead of trying to make myself or a character, I'll just find the silliest thing I can find and work around that. That way I'm no longer disappointed by body shapes or the inability to find the PERFECT hair style. :argh:

Street Fighter 6 is incredible for this, you can do all sorts of wacky stuff (and then go beat up random pedestrians with your creation).

It honestly made me disappointed with the BG3 character creator, which is basically just about combining different parts and doesn't let you edit body proportions at all.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

actually it's really good when a character creator has 6 different slide bars for cheekbones and only 4 hairstyles

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I am constantly driven mad because character creators will lack a haircut that is just 'about an inch and a half long all over, slightly untidy'. You can be Fashion Anime Boy or you can be Stern Crewcut Boy but you can't just be a guy.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

never enough genital options

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

YO WTF

YES!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

StrixNebulosa posted:

hell ya, i do the same thing with my monster hunter

makes sense that theyre celestial since they can swing those big rear end weapons