Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

This looks great.

Also totally forgot my bud Alex (now Al) Warren is in this! He's *so* frickin' good. Total one to watch in the next decade.

Also funny because he's the most nice and kind person I know and he's got a clip from his feature debut (Dogleg) that some jabroni passed around thinking it was real lol. Got almost a million views and finally realized it was from a movie.

https://twitter.com/joerussotweets/status/1645827779173453824

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

As much as I like over the top Nick Cage, naturalistic Nick Cage are my favorite of his performances. This looks like a movie where he gets to do both. Am looking forward to it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

should've used the faye wong version :colbert:

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
It’s been a good few years of Cage. Looks fun.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

should've used the faye wong version :colbert:

Badass

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

The extremely rare trailer that makes me think I might just go to the theater to see something.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Animal-Mother posted:

The extremely rare trailer that makes me think I might just go to the theater to see something.

I watched the first 15 seconds and said to myself "Yup. I'm seeing that. I don't need to see any more."

Which is rare!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1704888785387872476?s=20

CONTENT!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You have to get the extended version to see all the scenes about firing everyone at ESPN, canceling promising shows, not paying labor and lowballing vendors to stop the hemorrhage of cash wasted on streaming.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

kiimo posted:

You have to get the extended version to see all the scenes about firing everyone at ESPN, canceling promising shows, not paying labor and lowballing vendors to stop the hemorrhage of cash wasted on streaming.

not to mention “home on the range”

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
This is specifically for those freaks for whom their primary “interest” is simply Disney as a company. The weirdos who adorn their houses with Mickey Mouse poo poo and want to live in that Disney town.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Hollywood has a loving boner for itself, yes

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Slotducks posted:

Hollywood has a loving boner for itself, yes

And being fair I’d eat this up if it were for, say, Golan-Globus movies instead of Disney

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

They did a better version of this a while ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWr5SLg8hSE

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Goddamn, Nic Cage is just...everywhere now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sElugg3NSsk

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Hope this is not a Bruce Willis situation

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Doesn't look like it yet. Thing is, by all accounts Cage loves being in movies and he's having a sort of popularity boom now.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
It’s his job, even

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Mokotow posted:

Hope this is not a Bruce Willis situation

Bruce Willis wasn't acting in those movies, though. He would only be there for a few days each movie, so each of those weird, fake movies had to figure out how to shoot around him, and work those few days into the shooting schedule. He'd show up, be "Bruce Willis" for your movie, and collect his paycheck. Looking back, it's clear why, but he wasn't doing it for the love of the game. He was doing it to shore up some money while he still could. And good for him, that's a good plan.

That's not what Cage is doing. He's clearly giving it his all each time, even if sometimes it may make you go, "What the gently caress, for this?!" They're not similar situations.

It reminds me of that story Brad Pitt told about shooting Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, where they shot a scene a couple of times (I think it was the scene where Pitt's character gets to the ranch), and Tarantino knew they got it on the last take, but decided to shoot it one more time for fun. QT yelled out, "And why?" And everyone, including QT, yelled out, "Because we loving making movies!"

Cage really loves making movies.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Sep 26, 2023

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Also Nic Cage has been in billions of movies for decades now, it's just that now some of them are pretty good again.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
He was doing his share of Bruce Willis junk a few years ago. I watched many of these and definitely were ones where he did a day of shooting at most. See jujitsu for example ha.

Glad he’s out of that now though.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

checkplease posted:

He was doing his share of Bruce Willis junk a few years ago. I watched many of these and definitely were ones where he did a day of shooting at most. See jujitsu for example ha.

Glad he’s out of that now though.

Okay, good point, I forgot about that era. His recent stuff has wiped it from my mind.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

He’s back on top after bottoming out around RAGE. Hail to the king.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Wow a new western I wanna see

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

well why not posted:

He’s back on top after bottoming out around RAGE. Hail to the king.

I'm guessing he's working with directors that are stoked to be able to work with him, while Cage himself never seems to half-arse any role.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyRxxpD3yNw

New from Disney, the most Disney Movie to ever Disney Movie.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Must have bought another castle that he needs to pay off.

I remember there being 2 Bruce Willis movies with the same leading cast, and he just sat in a chair the entire time.

Like they just sat him in a room, recorded the lines, and called it a day. Was pretty bazar.

Harminoff fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Sep 27, 2023

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Harminoff posted:

Must have bought another castle that he needs to pay off.

He just wants to get the t-rex skull back

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

thrawn527 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyRxxpD3yNw

New from Disney, the most Disney Movie to ever Disney Movie.

I think I get what they’re going for with the animation style but it looks pretty off-putting

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Maybe it's just the trailer but seems like a misfire to me

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
The animation quality looks like a Disney Channel show. And the acting, if that's what you call it, looks awful.

It is funny that Alan Tudyk's just doing his Clayface voice.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Looks dire.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

A decade or so ago Disney developed a system for making CG look like traditional animation and showed it off in that paper planes short you’ve probably all seen. I saw an interview with a Disney animator who was asked why the studio never used it for a feature, the answer was that the studio execs felt that Disney needed to maintain an aesthetic that was consistent across their brand and that the look Pixar had developed would be that going forward (it always seemed like dumb reasoning to me because every CG animation studio had that same look, how could it help consumers identify a Disney product).

Anyway in the last few years we’ve seen Sony have great success with their own take on that approach and other studios have followed suit.

I could be wrong, but 5the aesthetic in that trailer feels like an attempt to compromise with that trend while still maintaining their “visual identity.”

But whatever the reason, it looks awful.

Let’s have a palette cleanser with this traditionally animated trailer that looks gorgeous:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOsZVmVPn4E

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Thank god, I was afraid it would be Zaslav'd after not hearing anything for so long. So pumped for that, gimme all the Moebius ripoffs.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Disney sucks and their creative branding and aesthetic continuity is poo poo garbage. And now Pixar also sucks.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

I liked Luca a lot, but otherwise agree. I especially don’t like the aesthetic. Weird balloon looking CG has never appealed to me.

The good thing is, lots of other western studios are putting out good stuff these days. Really nice after decades of western studios either being Pixar or budget knockoffs of Pixar.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

kiimo posted:

Maybe it's just the trailer but seems like a misfire to me

I’m predicting a hit. It’s hitting some nostalgia buttons from 90’s-early 2000’s that could work perfectly for getting parents to bring their kids.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

first disney movie purchased on wish.com lookin' good

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
not a movie but Im SO hyped for this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvOGkd9I-jY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003