Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

It's kinda funny that the new yogg seems to have brought back a classic play pattern for slow decks. Remember the old days where you didn't want to be the first player to drop sylvanas? It's very similar with the new yogg due to the mind control

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Tin Tim posted:

It's kinda funny that the new yogg seems to have brought back a classic play pattern for slow decks. Remember the old days where you didn't want to be the first player to drop sylvanas? It's very similar with the new yogg due to the mind control

Slapping down 2-3 of the new yogg before like turn 10? feels wrong but it's hella fun and everyone else is doing it.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
i think that's a personal best

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

drat that's just, what, 6 damage off of the possible maximum?

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
I had 54 of a possible 56 with a dream* Recurring Nightmares undead crew. I had 5 RNs and two of the 6 Star undeads left on the board.

* :v:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

What's the go-to Control Priest deck right now, post-mini set?

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

What's the go-to Control Priest deck right now, post-mini set?

gently caress you.

It's very funny playing Big Rivendare Paladin over & over vs Warlock; The entire game is basically playing around the Titan 'Send all Minions to the Twisting Nether' and Movement of Envy. Killing them by running the last Horseman into the Titan after you get them to blow it is extremely satisfying.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I can't get this stupid anomaly quest to complete in any mode. Dag burnit, blizz.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I'm tired already of the anomalies, and I doubt anyone is excited enough to run the 25% anomaly chance legendary after this.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Yestermoment posted:

I can't get this stupid anomaly quest to complete in any mode. Dag burnit, blizz.

Me either, and there's a Blizz forums thread about it too. Is it working for anyone?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
https://x.com/RegisKillbin/status/1706823939224125652?s=20

Because what Hearthstone needed right now was LESS people working on it

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Surely you could've found a better tweet to go along with your statement

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Something's hosed with the RNG for the Yogg anomaly in battlegrounds. It's turn 12 and I've had Curse of Flesh 11 times.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
i mean, game's been going downhill for a while now - mechanics like discover have jacked up the rng factor so high it's pretty impossible to reign it in without removing a bunch of keywords which would only lead to more outrage.

despite making multiple battlepasses, offering ridiculously expensive diamond and signature card bundles, and now even a separate card pack for wild only, it seems like they're not actually getting more players or generating meaningfully more revenue so corporate looks at the results and decides it is better to get the cuts in now (before the end of the quarter) so they can have a clean quarter going forward.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Scholtz posted:

Surely you could've found a better tweet to go along with your statement

Nah I disagree with Regis, this is absolutely the time to point fingers

Last King posted:

i mean, game's been going downhill for a while now - mechanics like discover have jacked up the rng factor so high it's pretty impossible to reign it in without removing a bunch of keywords which would only lead to more outrage.

despite making multiple battlepasses, offering ridiculously expensive diamond and signature card bundles, and now even a separate card pack for wild only, it seems like they're not actually getting more players or generating meaningfully more revenue so corporate looks at the results and decides it is better to get the cuts in now (before the end of the quarter) so they can have a clean quarter going forward.

Yup, if profits don’t increase then they decrease expenses(which most of the time means firing employees)

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
We’re getting Heroes of the Storm’d, fellas. It’s been real.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
They lured me back in from the start of festival, after a break of like 4 or 5 years (I think I quit during rastakan?). but I’m starting to tune out again. I don’t give a gently caress about battlegrounds or wild or twist or all of this other side poo poo, I just wanna play standard, and I’m not a fan of anomalies or the endless RNG stuff. Finally got my legend cardback at least (properly, In standard).

I really don’t have a healthy relationship with hearthstone in any case, the bloody game’s cost me like 2 grand since I’ve been back.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Just got a "All Cards Are Golden" anomaly ... in Standard.

this is actually good, that's what all the anomalies should be.

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!
anyone complete the experience an anomaly q?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Desdinova posted:

anyone complete the experience an anomaly q?

think it’s bugged, hasn’t triggered for me despite several games with one

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

RatHat posted:

Yup, if profits don’t increase then they decrease expenses(which most of the time means firing employees)

One of the people laid off said they just had a huge team meeting last week for leadership to thank them for making HS the most profitable it's been in years.

Word is it's a restructure in anticipation of the merger. Most of the people hit have been in tool and function development.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Sep 27, 2023

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

RatHat posted:

Hearthstone just posted record profits for ActiBlizz by hitting 1 BILLION dollars just recently

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
In other news, they teased a few nerfs for tomorrow. Three previously buffed cards (Symphony of Sins, Craftman’s Hammer, and Spitelash Siren) and two miniset cards (Contaminated Lasher and Sanitize), among others, are getting hit.

I have to say that I’m not too fond of their current buffing approach of picking a deck that’s not quite there yet and giving its already-good cards a push. This has consistently resulted in the deck having no room to grow or develop with new cards without becoming oppressive, and half the time they end up backpedaling. Which I guess is the cost of doing business if you’re committed to frequent balance changes, but it does mean that new card releases become finding out which already-strong deck becomes even more powerful rather than seeing which almost-there decks get to take the next step.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I haven't logged in in ages but I just logged in the other day and had like 160 card packs to open :eyepop:

Guess I'm playing this game again

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
It’s the cost of doing business when you’re fluffing your books so big Bobby K can have his own predator island. Longevity of anything isn’t in Acti’s planning right now, because it won’t be their problem to solve.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
ah, then it's another classic: realizing synergies, cost savings, and streamlining operations and functions through the merger.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Hey guys just wanted to thank you for the great job you all did! With the extra profit we'll be able to fit in your severance packages sooner than expected.

*hands out battlenet credit cards*

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!

Julio Cruz posted:

think it’s bugged, hasn’t triggered for me despite several games with one

yeah read its bugged was posting on the offchance someone knew a way around it.

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.
Huh. Is Sargeras also bugged? I was playing a mage and copied the enemy Sargeras. Sending everything to Twisting Nether did precisely nothing, except for the opponent emoting "Sorry" at me.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

Valiantman posted:

Huh. Is Sargeras also bugged? I was playing a mage and copied the enemy Sargeras. Sending everything to Twisting Nether did precisely nothing, except for the opponent emoting "Sorry" at me.

They made it now so you have to have a twisting nether on your side for any of Sarg's abilities to do anything. So a copied Sarg doesn't come with the twisting nether, causing his abilities to do absolutely nothing for you.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Even if you already have a portal from your own Sarg it does nothing.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23999072/27-4-2-patch-notes

This is gonna be a huge shakeup for wild, poor spirit of the frog but yeah dying on turn 3-4 to shaman was stupid as hell lmao

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

quote:

Tony, King of Piracy

Now banned in Wild.

Cowards

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Firebert posted:

https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23999072/27-4-2-patch-notes

This is gonna be a huge shakeup for wild, poor spirit of the frog but yeah dying on turn 3-4 to shaman was stupid as hell lmao

RIP contaminated lasher lol

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

was it really that strong? I'm only in Plat but I don't think I've seen a Tony deck in weeks

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Halduron Brightwing is showing up with the refund tag, though I dont see it in the patch notes? I have the dumb ugly signature version of it so thats an easy 3200 dust. The golden scargil and signature tony are a cooler looking but that's a ton of dust so goodbye.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I really hope Plague DK doesn't become a thing.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

Boatswain posted:

I really hope Plague DK doesn't become a thing.

I wonder what the best way to build it now is. I want to say UUB feels better than UUF ever did, but maybe UUU is even better? I can’t shake the feeling that what you really want to do is cut Magatha and start putting in enough spells that Yogg is an option, but every time I tried something along those lines pre-patch the result looked just wretched.

I don’t really like the design direction of cutting the multi-rune cards, for what it’s worth. It might make this one deck better, but there being no real incentive not to go all-in on a single rune was always kind of a problem with DK.

Ol' Limber Legs
Nov 20, 2002

PLEASE KILL ME NOW
Logged in an got a notice about the Hunter nerfs from a while back. Very confused but appreciated the reminder that I had a showcase legend to dust for 3200.

EXTRA confused when my warlock decks were showing silverware golem as banned.

Logged out and back in, got the correct nerfs and my silverware golems back.

Small indie yada yada.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Wow is that the highest number of needed cards ever in one patch?