Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i think the idea of the gacha is that playthroughs will vary depending on who you get, and you definitely gen enough free poo poo to have a good party regardless of anything, but people see that and they want to collect every blade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Cyberpunk DLC is mostly good though I am having frequent crashes, but I think that's down to a hardware or OS issue.

Think I've managed to get into the combat flow after playing Starfield. Too bad they nerfed my favorite gun (Comrade's hammer) though in retrospect I probably did want my boss fights to last longer than twenty seconds.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

MonsieurChoc posted:

Doubt anything in 2 tops the Moebius Battle Theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NahBomgb0E

I like 2's environmental and "story" tracks much more (XB3's main vocal track is the best though) , but I agree that 2's combat music in general is below both 1 and 3's (3 is also the best in terms of combat music IMO).

In particular I think its core "story" themes, like "Where We Used to Be*" are great, and stuff like that and environment themes have a bigger impact for me than combat music. There are a bunch of other tracks that are amazing at creating a certain "vibe" for the areas/scenes in which they occur (I think XB3 was probably the weakest in terms of its area themes in particular), and I think music is a huge part of presentation in RPG games like this.

* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDukhKF36nw (there are so many more than this, but I'd be posting a list of like 10+ tracks)

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 20:53 on Sep 26, 2023

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

bitmap posted:

getting PUMPED just looking at my favourite childhood game box art

box art had me renting that game over and over

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

put Fei Fong Wong in the gacha pool then we'll talk.

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there
just restarted Cyberpunk with the new expansion and a new character (thank you gog-games.com for freely uploading every game on GOG like an hour after it actually releases) and it's really weird how short the streetkid start is. the whole corpo story feels really expansive and well done, and it must be at least 60 minutes or so; as a streetkid youre done with the intro in like 10 minutes. what genius thought this was good writing?

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

lol holy poo poo that's the ending of one of the "romance" plots of Starfield? God drat that is dire lol

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

oscarthewilde posted:

just restarted Cyberpunk with the new expansion and a new character (thank you gog-games.com for freely uploading every game on GOG like an hour after it actually releases) and it's really weird how short the streetkid start is. the whole corpo story feels really expansive and well done, and it must be at least 60 minutes or so; as a streetkid youre done with the intro in like 10 minutes. what genius thought this was good writing?

Nomad is also really short IIRC.

Corpo is also pretty fast if you don't spend a lot of time searching around the office, though. IIRC you literally just walk into your boss's office, talk, and then fly to the bar, where it ends.

They're all actually pretty short - Corpo just gives more opportunity for loving around.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

I'm thinking about ditching Starfield right now and just starting up Cyberpunk or Lies of P, that Sarah's companion quest left such a bad vibe

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Jon Irenicus posted:

I'm thinking about ditching Starfield right now and just starting up Cyberpunk or Lies of P, that Sarah's companion quest left such a bad vibe

she's horrible

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
they're all horrible

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Cuttlefush posted:

they're all horrible

markika is good.

immediately dumped everyone else and picked up procgen employees instead

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
lol I got to the high price to pay quest and the twist and I was like oh hell yeah I’m free from the vile british

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m not going to have sex in a video game. I’m married.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

euphronius posted:

I’m not going to have sex in a video game. I’m married.

it’s not cheating if you have sex with big titties in a video game

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

You can get married in Starfield?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Lpzie posted:

put Fei Fong Wong in the gacha pool then we'll talk.

You pulled a SSR Grahf! Does thou desire the power?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
wtf Karlach's heart is gonna splode how do I save her

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

indigi posted:

wtf Karlach's heart is gonna splode how do I save her

what act you in and / or how many Tieflings are not bloody smears on the dirt

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Jon Irenicus posted:

lies of p is so good it's mind boggling that it came from the same studio that made bless

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

some journalist asked his wife if he died horribly like that and she was like "no, my husband definitely didn't taze his balls to death" so now its fake news :shrug:

well of course she'd say that

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Jon Irenicus posted:

You need a dude called dammon and unfortunately there are about 2000 ways for him to die not including the bug category called 'dammon turned into a puddle of goo and I don't know why'

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Jon Irenicus posted:

I think 2, I just got to the shadow lands and I saved the tieflings at the grove but apparently they got jumped on the road by these absolute cucks

e: Dammon is alive he's the one who just told us about her heart

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

can the ox kill dammon? i don't know what that ox's deal was but in spooky town he decided it was time to get greased and revealed his true nature of a pre-dead jelly

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
oh my god sarah...

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

indigi posted:

I think 2, I just got to the shadow lands and I saved the tieflings at the grove but apparently they got jumped on the road by these absolute cucks

e: Dammon is alive he's the one who just told us about her heart

if you're there you should probably have collected what you need to get that ticker ticking right and she'll be good to go

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Jon Irenicus posted:

play lies of p

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

oscarthewilde posted:

by your fourth or fifth restart youll be glad its short. it is good writing, you work for an idiot fixer that to you at the time is big time but everyone else thinks is a loser, then you hang out with the guy who really runs the barrio and threaten some random punk, then you get arrested and the game starts.

imo the street kid has the best dialogue choices and they pop constantly. corpo is only good for bigtiming people and nomad.... i think you get to say "cars ftw" a few times

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Hatebag posted:

if you're there you should probably have collected what you need to get that ticker ticking right and she'll be good to go

he said he can't fix it unless she goes back to A... uh whatever the hell plane is called. with Zariel

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

hey folks please don't post the doxxed information of people itt even if they are loser pedophile gamer bros with bad opinions about Games who are getting slammed all over twitter or w/e

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Jazerus posted:

hey folks please don't post the doxxed information of people itt even if they are loser pedophile gamer bros with bad opinions about Games who are getting slammed all over twitter or w/e

lmfao

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

indigi posted:

he said he can't fix it unless she goes back to A... uh whatever the hell plane is called. with Zariel

huh, maybe you failed some insight rolls in the conversation because i was able to give him infernal iron to get her all fixed up. maybe exhaust all his dialogue or talk to him with someone else?

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
its his loving twitter name you dumb gently caress

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Jazerus posted:

that guy had his full name as his twitter handle lol

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

There are a whole bunch of BG3 sidequests I just straight up forgot about until it was too late

Asked withers where Arabella was and he was like "oh she left because you didn't do her sidequest, and she said to gently caress off"

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Jazerus posted:

who, what, make sense man!

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

his address was in the infodump and it would be cool if we didn't have that in a SA thread i don't give a gently caress about his name or w/e

Nonsense posted:

who, what, make sense man!

the andrew dude that was posted a few pages ago

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Jazerus posted:

everyone already knows Vaush's real identity

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

oh this is another guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Jazerus posted:

his address was in the infodump and it would be cool if we didn't have that in a SA thread i don't give a gently caress about his name or w/e

the andrew dude that was posted a few pages ago

infodump? you mean the sex offender registry????