Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

twitter user pete o'phile with the hot takes on the highly suspicious anime game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Al! posted:

infodump? you mean the sex offender registry????

i was just referring to the post as an infodump lol

obviously it is trivial to go from A to B here but do that for yourself if you're curious, don't post the address

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Wonder why the mods would be worried about people posting sex offender registry info. Hmm

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

DaysBefore posted:

Wonder why the mods would be worried about people posting sex offender registry info. Hmm

lol lmao etc. we perma for doxxing, in this case gently caress that guy so whatever, but no more please

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ChrisMetzen/status/1706745033905537511?t=CG0s-JvC2LoTn-AFId_qSw&s=19

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

ty mods and admins

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i get the decision and will respect it but i still think its funny

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I wonder how fast Metzen will bring back and refocus corruption/Fel to the main Warfcrat plot. Dude has one crutch, and has leaned on it constantly.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
first go in Cyberpunk I felt like I could never scratch up enough eddies or components to do much of anything, think I was able to upgrade 2 guns and buy 1 car in 80 hours, now I'm swimming in eddies and it's fabulous

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

finally wow lore wont be a autoskip

ive played the last few xpacs i cant tell u poo poo about them lore wise they got no vision imo, need true visionary guy like metzen.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Ben Nerevarine posted:

first go in Cyberpunk I felt like I could never scratch up enough eddies or components to do much of anything, think I was able to upgrade 2 guns and buy 1 car in 80 hours, now I'm swimming in eddies and it's fabulous

It's really good, still amusingly glitchy in small ways but the city feels a lot more filled out. Same with the story.

Did they move the Johnny flashback way earlier? I feel like it was a lot further into the story quests before.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

so is everything gonna go back to purple corruption or what?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Metzen is somehow only 49?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Canderous kicks a lot of rear end, I think he's going to be a full time party member for a bit. Does Carth ever get cool too or at least stop talking about his trust issues? He's a real drag to have around and it truly does not feel like it matters what I say to him because it always ends up with him getting mad at me for ???

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

If your whole thing is going to be brooding and moping around, I just met a dark side weirdo whose brooding and moping (like 10 feet from Jedi HQ lmao, I think these idiots may not be terribly capable) corrupted a whole region, at least get on that level

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Canderous kicks a lot of rear end, I think he's going to be a full time party member for a bit. Does Carth ever get cool too or at least stop talking about his trust issues? He's a real drag to have around and it truly does not feel like it matters what I say to him because it always ends up with him getting mad at me for ???

carth fuckin sucks. carth delenda est. kick his rear end to the curb

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Hatebag posted:

huh, maybe you failed some insight rolls in the conversation because i was able to give him infernal iron to get her all fixed up. maybe exhaust all his dialogue or talk to him with someone else?

Karlach bursts into flame and has to go back to hell at the end of the game even if you do all the upgrades. Wyll and the player can both choose to go with her though. Being Doom Guy and marauding through hell with her buddies is as close to a good ending as she gets

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hatebag posted:

carth fuckin sucks. carth delenda est. kick his rear end to the curb

At least Bastila is a wild card, the only complaint I have about her is that she gives up being a giant rear end in a top hat at the first sign of resistance. You've gotta commit to that kind of thing, but maybe that's why she's still a trainee

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Canderous just competently blasts people all day from a "not hogging the medkits" distance and is always ready with a "hell yeah brother" or "that gun sucks rear end, you're a moron, gently caress you" as the conversation demands, including in the middle of a murder investigation

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Nix Panicus posted:

Karlach bursts into flame and has to go back to hell at the end of the game even if you do all the upgrades. Wyll and the player can both choose to go with her though. Being Doom Guy and marauding through hell with her buddies is as close to a good ending as she gets

hmm, i figured that's what would eventually happen. not my problem!

Epic High Five posted:

At least Bastila is a wild card, the only complaint I have about her is that she gives up being a giant rear end in a top hat at the first sign of resistance. You've gotta commit to that kind of thing, but maybe that's why she's still a trainee

yeah she's plot important, though, so probably worth having in the party if you care about that. probably could just leave her on the ship outside of the jedi type areas. i think i just used the bender murder bot and mission most of the time, but i remember the sulky former jedi guy being funny too

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

what kinda sicko would paint this

this is weaponized trauma

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

If your whole thing is going to be brooding and moping around, I just met a dark side weirdo whose brooding and moping (like 10 feet from Jedi HQ lmao, I think these idiots may not be terribly capable) corrupted a whole region, at least get on that level

carth has such bland whiny white guy energy that they just put him into mass effect to be a boring rear end in a top hat a few years later and nobody remembered carth well enough to notice

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hatebag posted:

hmm, i figured that's what would eventually happen. not my problem!

yeah she's plot important, though, so probably worth having in the party if you care about that. probably could just leave her on the ship outside of the jedi type areas. i think i just used the bender murder bot and mission most of the time, but i remember the sulky former jedi guy being funny too

I like having her around but the honeymoon period will be brief, i suspect. The wookie and Canderous have been extremely reliable so far, though finding out that even as the dumb melee Jedi type I can't use any of my force poo poo unless I'm in robes was uncool and means I wasted a perk point getting heavy armor. Should've gone Consular I guess but the combat feels clunky enough with just Flurry, having the first round of buffs and grenades be every round sounds annoying

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Jazerus posted:

carth has such bland whiny white guy energy that they just put him into mass effect to be a boring rear end in a top hat a few years later and nobody remembered carth well enough to notice

really

like 75% of what ive ever heard about kotor is about how much carth sucks

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I prefer Jedi who didn't get captured

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

I like having her around but the honeymoon period will be brief, i suspect. The wookie and Canderous have been extremely reliable so far, though finding out that even as the dumb melee Jedi type I can't use any of my force poo poo unless I'm in robes was uncool and means I wasted a perk point getting heavy armor. Should've gone Consular I guess but the combat feels clunky enough with just Flurry, having the first round of buffs and grenades be every round sounds annoying

yeah i think you want the jedi type where you dual wield lightsabers and jump attack 50m/throw lightsabers. dual wield is v good with the right build. then you have a robot to open stuff and occasionally shoot things and character 3 is whoever seems fun atm

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hatebag posted:

yeah i think you want the jedi type where you dual wield lightsabers and jump attack 50m/throw lightsabers. dual wield is v good with the right build. then you have a robot to open stuff and occasionally shoot things and character 3 is whoever seems fun atm

Yeah that's what I went with, it's great so far, just sad I am going to have to run around in robes or tediously swap all the time just to use 80% of my force powers. I see like 3 are dedicated to just making me tougher so I'm certain that robes end up better than heavy armor, just wish I could get that perk back

I was thinking of using the first double blade I come across, is dual better than that? It's twice as many crystals but on the other hand it'd be nice to have one crystal apply to both hands since it seems like they're going to be a big deal. Only other idea I had was using two lightsabers, one for robots and one for meatbags, so I can just keep hammering away at things without ever thinking or having to be strategic

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Zokari posted:

really

like 75% of what ive ever heard about kotor is about how much carth sucks

i think he's supposed to be an annoying dweeb to get you to try other party members or something. there's no way he was written to be appealing or sympathetic

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

smarxist posted:

what kinda sicko would paint this

this is weaponized trauma

lmao it really is

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Yeah that's what I went with, it's great so far, just sad I am going to have to run around in robes or tediously swap all the time just to use 80% of my force powers. I see like 3 are dedicated to just making me tougher so I'm certain that robes end up better than heavy armor, just wish I could get that perk back

I was thinking of using the first double blade I come across, is dual better than that? It's twice as many crystals but on the other hand it'd be nice to have one crystal apply to both hands since it seems like they're going to be a big deal. Only other idea I had was using two lightsabers, one for robots and one for meatbags, so I can just keep hammering away at things without ever thinking or having to be strategic

dual wielding really comes into its own when you get to the sith planet because you can get some really op crystals there that make up for any detriments from dual wielding. far better than a double blade iirc. the game doesn't really require a minmaxed run, though, so you're probably fine just fuckin around and having fun

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Warcraft 4 when?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I think I used Jolee and Bastila and just had an all-jedi team

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

War and Pieces posted:

Warcraft 4 when?

MS owns it now lmao

never

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Thrall will soon get divorced and re-married

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hatebag posted:

dual wielding really comes into its own when you get to the sith planet because you can get some really op crystals there that make up for any detriments from dual wielding. far better than a double blade iirc. the game doesn't really require a minmaxed run, though, so you're probably fine just fuckin around and having fun

Yeah I'm just wingin it, building for str and durability will always see you through and it's not like there's a hundred different things to choose from. Really liking it so far, I'd say my biggest disappointment was discovering the dark side path options are all total dogshit after hearing the story and stuff was the best part of the game

I'm probably just going to end up doing whatever has "MISS MISS MISS" appearing on my screen less but this IS based on old school D&D rulesets so I knew what to expect coming in

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

corrupted by cocaine, redeemed, now corrupted again

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
was metzen the breastmilk guy

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i dont think their were any accusations about metzen specifically but there's no way he didn't know about the poo poo that was happening

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Jazerus posted:

hey folks please don't post the doxxed information of people itt even if they are loser pedophile gamer bros with bad opinions about Games who are getting slammed all over twitter or w/e

you got it chief

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

Metzen is somehow only 49?

That would make him 21 when Warcraft 2 was released???