Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Pretty proud that I have more money that Trump and could get loans in the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Data Graham posted:

Really it’s all just “you all let me get away with this poo poo for decades, why are you all busting my balls NOW all of a sudden??”

He probably would have gotten away with it if he just hosed off after losing in 2020

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

kazil posted:

He probably would have gotten away with it if he just hosed off after losing in 2020

But instead, he did everything right, and "they indicted meeeeEEE!"

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Tree Bucket posted:

my head hurts

Anyway, I'm really enjoying 2023's lol crescendo. At this rate, within a few months, we'll hit the end point of "trumop dies on camera of chronic flatulence while being dragged to prison."
And then, we'll never again have to hear "folks many people are saying it's a tremendous witchhunt like no one has ever seen before"

Basically, this kind of thing isn't terribly uncommon, when a lender underwrites a loan they get an appraisal on the home basically saying it is sufficient collateral for the loan. The lender wants to make the loan, they aren't going to hold it, basically it is a formality so when they bundle and sell the loan they can say they did basic due diligence. Appraisers know this and a lot of the argument that the house is worth what you say it is is the fact that you are willing to buy it for that amount, property appraising has some subjective factors and they can normally get to yes.

Unless you are an idiot and/or doing fraud, the appraisal is basically a formality, I'm sure it happens but I have never heard of a house sale falling through over an appraisal, maybe if it turned out to have major code violations or something.

Trump is saying, look, no one really knows what my Penthouse is worth, this accounting firm says this number is cool and the banks agreed, if they didn't agree, they wouldn't have given the loans.

The problem is Trump wasn't like being generous about the condition of the roof or being a little generous on what they considered a comp, he was just flat out pulling numbers out of his rear end that he knew had no basis in reality, he was coming flat out fraud and arguing if the banks didn't have a problem with it then and he paid the loan back, it's all cool. A system that allows you to commit fraud as long as no one notices is a problem.

Trump is the date rapist that complains that their victim never said no and they totally wanted to have sex and now they are just changing their mind after it happened. Basically, when you are star, they let you do it. These banks wanted to give him the loan and the paperwork is just a little technically, everyone, especially the bank,s knows that people fudge their numbers and they turn their head because they want to make the loans.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Sep 27, 2023

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

kw0134 posted:

It's my belief that there are some right-wing lawyers of actual quality who think they can control him and that's what you see with these sort of hires. So there's an ideological alignment coupled with a hubristic sense of "I'm a great lawyer, I can control my client" and that often leads to lols.

strolling across the spray of bloody goop, confident that i'll be the one who makes it through the woodchipper

Barcley
Jan 26, 2004

---

Soiled Meat
Lol lmao I hope they take the name off his tower

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

All the poo poo arguments/justifications that the Trumps and comment section chuds are bleating about are addressed in the court's order. Far be it from me to expect any of these people to have the ability to read 35 pages, though.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Three Olives posted:

Our old dump is much larger than this new construction so is obviously worth a lot more money.

"mar a lago is plausibly worth 100m" is not a completely insane pitch, and also raises some extremely interesting questions about the property appraiser who, presumably, established trump's property taxes based on a valuation of 20-30m

"mar a lago is plausibly worth 400-900m" is a completely insane pitch

although i'm willing to accept the argument that top secret intelligence and nuclear-secrets documents briefly represented saleable assets

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/uebey/status/1706814249312321687?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Google Jeb Bush posted:

"mar a lago is plausibly worth 100m" is not a completely insane pitch, and also raises some extremely interesting questions about the property appraiser who, presumably, established trump's property taxes based on a valuation of 20-30m

although i'm willing to accept the argument that top secret intelligence and nuclear-secrets documents briefly represented saleable assets

um actually MAL is worth whatever the saudis are willing to bribe pay :smug:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Subjective square footage lmbo

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

If you wanted to say that your 1196 sqft house was 1200 for some purpose, or 1104 was 1100... maybe. I don't think 3x discrepancies are OK though.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Google Jeb Bush posted:

I mean that is part of the whole issue, these properties are worth what he says or they aren't, he can't tell the tax man that they are worth $10M and a lender that they are worth $100M, either the government is getting cheated or the lender is getting cheated.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

MrQwerty posted:

Subjective square footage lmbo

Yeah, subjective, just like height and weight

:lol:

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Are they counting the height of the walls in saying that since they’re 16ft, they can make it a second floor and double the sq footage?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

They are just making poo poo up so money number sound good

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CljsZ7lgbtw

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1706838400962109942

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

It's true, Eric Trump is far too dumb to purposely be doing crimes for the TRUMP family

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

A no good, very bad day for the Trump boys

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Walls closing in from all sides, eh Trumpsters?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Stink Billyums posted:

trump campaign's gonna be paying 9 figures in legal bills
I suppose $0,000,000.00 is technically nine figures

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9O94UTDAJQ

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
"...my father and what he has done for our country, which is rapidly in decline"
:thunk:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

lol Eric has no idea how this act works

Suddenly he has to join the chorus and he is totally out of his element

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Is Eric the one that didn't go to college or dropped out of high school I can never remember.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
You’re out of your element Donny Eric!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
the $18m they're bitching about is the 2014 assessed value - which is the start year of the fraud case iirc.

Mar-a-lago has a current tax value of $33m. Following the 80% rule of tax appraisal, that means the county expects that the property would sell for around $41m on the market. If it sold for more (which it probably would), the taxable value will jump appropriately.

The bottom line is it ain't a billion dollar property.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Twitter has some good ideas:
https://twitter.com/NashIsHereForIt/status/1706843014138835356
https://twitter.com/theangriestbuni/status/1706816863248744597
https://twitter.com/theangriestbuni/status/1706812520944521339

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Old white guys: "Please, PLEASE, tell others how big my big is. Don't let anyone else know my big isn't the biggest."

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
They should convert Trump Tower into a migrant center.

True karma.

TheAwfulWaffle
Jun 30, 2013
The dumb bastard is going to die broke in a Georgia prison.

LOL

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Boooo... get new material

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Michelle Wolf was right

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Someone mail MAL some luger rounds.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Mr. Nice! posted:

The bottom line is it ain't a billion dollar property.
but you forget trump is a billion dollar brand and he lives there

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

TheAwfulWaffle posted:

The dumb bastard is going to die broke in a Georgia prison.

LOL

Trump using pudding and pencil shavings as a pomade.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

This Donald "TRUMP" guy doesn't seem to be on the up & up

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Donald trump: House of Leaves. Tremendous book. One of my favorites. Navidson really robbed that guy. Too bad about the wife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
20-years-ago me would recoil in horror at present day me for my gloating at Trump’s current and future demise but 20 year old me was also reeling with the after-image of goatse imprinted on my retinas after seeing him for the first time and I hadn’t even heard the word “schadenfreude” let alone knew how to pronounce it, so gently caress that guy.

And gently caress Trump and his “brand”