Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

smarxist posted:

what kinda sicko would paint this

this is weaponized trauma

Instantly recognized this

Just decided to watch a playthrough of that game (probably the first time I've seen it in like 20+ years). It actually holds up pretty well for an NES game. The mechanic where you can switch turtles is pretty interesting.

From watching this video, I think I made it past the underwater part once or twice, but likely died very soon after. The last thing I remember is this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9Bc69J6tSU&t=633s, but I don't recognize the places after that.

edit: Wait wtf, Splinter is turned back into a human at the end? That's hosed up

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 01:10 on Sep 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Ytlaya posted:

Instantly recognized this

me too holy poo poo

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

that ninja turtle game was definitely from the design school that games are not intended to be beaten

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
*plays Donatello, dies*

*plays Leonardo, dies*

*begrudgingly plays Michelangelo, dies*

*hits reset button*

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

"hey should we maybe not make one of the characters objectively 100 times better than the others?"

"no"

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

pickpocketing farmers in Runescape (chuds)

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

War and Pieces posted:

Warcraft 4 when?

they should let gsc handle it once they finish stalker 2

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Well, I guess I should try the new skills they added in the Cyberpunk update.

Oh...

I guess I shouldn't try new skills they added in the Cyberpunk update.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

oh my god I forgot how bad Ada's VA is in the new RE. chuck norris rear end VA work

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

she sounds like a bored teenager

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Yeah I'm just wingin it, building for str and durability will always see you through and it's not like there's a hundred different things to choose from. Really liking it so far, I'd say my biggest disappointment was discovering the dark side path options are all total dogshit after hearing the story and stuff was the best part of the game

I'm probably just going to end up doing whatever has "MISS MISS MISS" appearing on my screen less but this IS based on old school D&D rulesets so I knew what to expect coming in

evil stuff is always going to be underdeveloped because psychos are like less than 4% of the population so there's not a big incentive to waste a bunch of money making content for them. that's why the best rpg builds are chaotic good because that's what people think they want so you get the most options

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Hatebag posted:

evil stuff is always going to be underdeveloped because psychos are like less than 4% of the population

hmm based on what i see on social media, not sure if this true for americans

maybe you inversed the number

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

warhammer knows the opposite

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Zokari posted:

"hey should we maybe not make one of the characters objectively 100 times better than the others?"

"no"

Do any of the other characters have their own advantages, or is it just Donatello with his double reach attacks?

Zokari posted:

that ninja turtle game was definitely from the design school that games are not intended to be beaten

It makes sense, given most NES games of its type would take less than an hour to beat if played straight-through. They basically had to make them the sort of thing that you'd need countless runs to beat (if you ever did).

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Xaris posted:

hmm based on what i see on social media, not sure if this true for americans

maybe you inversed the number

well, that's getting into the difference between psychos and people getting rolled by psychos. only a couple percent of the population are actually psychos, there's just huge swathes of people that are essentially thralls of psychos. and i think they'd choose the good options, mostly

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

Donatello not only had reach, he did double the damage with this attacks versus the other turtles. I'd say Leonardo was also pretty good since his attack had decent reach and had a better attack arc. Sometimes it was hard to use the BO STAFF accurately to hit fast enemies. Mike and Raph were bottom tier, just throw projectiles or use them when you know you're going to take some damage.

I played the hell out of that game as a kid, and yeah it was not meant to be beaten. I got to the technodrome once, but then the game froze when I tried to enter. Watching a playthrough, there's just no way. It's like, battletoads hard and requires some lucky RNG I'd say.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

lmfao that bobby kotick n philly spencer brought back chris metzen shortly after getting the $70 billion dollar bag

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Popy posted:

finally wow lore wont be a autoskip

ive played the last few xpacs i cant tell u poo poo about them lore wise they got no vision imo, need true visionary guy like metzen.

his storytelling is insane nonsense but at least he gives a tremendous amount of poo poo about it. nothing worse than hearing a story from someone who doesn't care about it

still not going to give blizzard any money but this is good news for sickos who do

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

tmnt nes 1 is a horrid game. got some cool poo poo going on though, especially the music which all rules
had to have been weird programming a game for a licensed property from the country that committed genocide against your country that also was making fun of martial arts from your country

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

As the superior turtle, Donatello clearly being the best option in all circumstances is to be expected

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Ytlaya posted:

XB2 also has the best music of all three Xenoblade games (though all three still have top-tier OSTs).
This reminded me that X has such a range between beautiful music (Sylvalum at night) and dogshit music (both hub tracks).

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

gradenko_2000 posted:

That would make him 21 when Warcraft 2 was released???

the video gams of old were developed by literal children

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

sebmojo posted:

yup. john romeo is like 50. a lot of those popular 90s games were basically made by college students

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The more I think about basically everything post-rescue, Bastila is like one spilled drink away from becoming the most powerful Sith in the history of the galaxy, why did these clowns send her out in the field at all, ALONE even? I'm gonna start taking her out with Canderous, I think those two would get along great. I love the wookie but I want some shenanigans and I'm starting to suspect he's not going to deliver anything like that

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

sebmojo posted:

The Prince of Persia was just two brothers recording each other doing karate in the garage.

smarxist posted:

Is this a new Ecco mod?

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

smarxist posted:

I'm too young to recognize this

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Hatebag posted:

hmm, i figured that's what would eventually happen. not my problem!

Finding out she doesnt have a happy ending put my playthrough on pause for a long while

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

It makes sense, given most NES games of its type would take less than an hour to beat if played straight-through. They basically had to make them the sort of thing that you'd need countless runs to beat (if you ever did).

it's also just programmed poorly

the swimming section isn't supposed to be hard at all but they hosed up how the hitboxes work when you're swimming so you take damage when you aren't touching anything damaging and phase through poo poo that should hit you

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Canderous meanwhile looks like Duke Nukem, talks like Duke Nukem whenever you think Duke Nukem would have something to say here, and when the camera goes to him when he's talking he even gets the Duke Nukem angle and grin

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The best part of Carth is that Atton in Kotor 2 looks like a Carth at first and then it turns out he's really really not.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
finally on to ng+ in Starfield and lmao the first time you hit the boost in that ship

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Ben Nerevarine posted:

*plays Donatello, dies*

*plays Leonardo, dies*

*begrudgingly plays Michelangelo, dies*

*hits reset button*

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Nix Panicus posted:

Finding out she doesnt have a happy ending put my playthrough on pause for a long while

well I'm not done with the game yet but if I can kill the avatars of 3 gods and put down half a dozen demigods and demons along the way i can probably free her in a dlc at least, hopefully

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

If we're talking about worst levels in a video game, my submission is the High Road in Crash Bandicoot 1: I don't think I've ever been angrier than when I was playing that level as a kid, trying to angle the extremely high jumps so that Crash would land on the thinnest little plank of wood possible.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hatebag posted:

what other sa things are in there? i know johnny fiveaces, i see that the console command for turning off hardcore mode is "babby", anything else?

4 balls on edge of a cliff

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

euphronius posted:

I’m not going to have sex in a video game. I’m married.

i didnt gently caress in bg3 and the sleleton guy was like bro theres something wrong with you one night so i was like i'll gently caress your bone rear end for bringing this poo poo up and challenging me on it but he was ultimately non romance-able.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Isn't a demigod supposed to be at least level 20? Those characters were just bluffing probably when they said they were a demigod or something.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Grapplejack posted:

oh my god I forgot how bad Ada's VA is in the new RE. chuck norris rear end VA work

yeah its rough as hell.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Bro trust me on this, I'm the real incarnation of a God. All those other mooks that were saying the same thing? Yeah, they were fronting, I'm the real deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
bg3 take: the underdark is boring