Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

dont get dependant on alcohol kids

I drink my alcohol from the bottle, idk wtf you're doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I wonder if that giant was unaware it had the parasite inside of it or if the parasite was fully in charge and puppeteering it about?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
aw sweet John Carpenter's The Thing!!

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?

Jerusalem posted:

I wonder if that giant was unaware it had the parasite inside of it or if the parasite was fully in charge and puppeteering it about?

It's basically just

Sally posted:

aw sweet John Carpenter's The Thing!!

So pick whichever one is more horrifying.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Maybe it was waiting for the giants immune system to die off

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Isnt one of the humans implied to be parasitized already, too

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I wonder what's with the lizard men in the prison with Alio. Genetic experiments or creatures from another world?

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
Maybe I'm just not hip to the jive.

Mr. Lobe posted:

I wonder what's with the lizard men in the prison with Alio. Genetic experiments or creatures from another world?

Neo Humanity mentioned they found a bunch of new species since the world changed, so presumably they've been collecting them. When the worlds merged I'm sure more than just the enemies came with, there's probably some other stragglers around.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

im just glad neo-humanity is having a grand ol time

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Mr. Lobe posted:

Grabbed a demon or something I thought.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/one-punch-man-chapter-190/chapter/40358?action=read chapter 190 officially out

I wonder if Saitama is sad that he no longer has his dog

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wish they hadn't lost "just lift" but I do love "The current strongest member of the Blizzard Bunch is their pet dog."

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

Flair posted:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/one-punch-man-chapter-190/chapter/40358?action=read chapter 190 officially out

I wonder if Saitama is sad that he no longer has his dog

Oooof that translation

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

So…have all the giants been wiped out now? I guess Neo humanity survivors were right to call out the giant world survivors for being weak. At present it seems Neo humans, Demons and parasite are the most dangerous.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Darth TNT posted:

So…have all the giants been wiped out now? I guess Neo humanity survivors were right to call out the giant world survivors for being weak. At present it seems Neo humans, Demons and parasite are the most dangerous.

nah, that was just one random group of giants. the giant leader was foreshadowed earlier too, and i think he might make an appearance and retaliate against the neo humans at some point

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Well, one horde of giants have been wiped out. We don’t know how many there are

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I wouldn't be surprised if neo humanity was the top tier threat among the threats that could be described as "people", though. They might even be able to give the mad God a run for its money.

The more abstract threats remain to be seen.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Video games will beat the neohumans.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

No Wave posted:

Seeing as how their whole shtick is being bored sadists, this could be true

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
It's hard to imagine how Neo Humans could be a legitimate threat to guys like the Demon Kings, but I suppose if they have superior human science/diplomacy they could potentially weaponize the Natural Enemies far more effectively than our heroes are planning to do (e.g., hacking the super AI)

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Bucswabe posted:

It's hard to imagine how Neo Humans could be a legitimate threat to guys like the Demon Kings, but I suppose if they have superior human science/diplomacy they could potentially weaponize the Natural Enemies far more effectively than our heroes are planning to do (e.g., hacking the super AI)
Its cause their coordination is so good. Theyre like lips teeth and tongue in baki but a whole species.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

No Wave posted:

That would be the most hilarious option and oddly probably the one they don’t think off. It’s just that they accidentally encounter the videogames and get stuck.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Darth TNT posted:

That would be the most hilarious option and oddly probably the one they don’t think off. It’s just that they accidentally encounter the videogames and get stuck.
Why kill in real life when you can kill in minecraft?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Alternatively they get into mobas and the resulting toxicity ruins their coordination, plunging them into civil war

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Darth TNT posted:

Knowing ONE, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if one of the Natural Enemies is wiped out anti-climactically, in an instant, by another enemy. Whether it's being consumed by the video game world, or turned into salt by the Mad God or something

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
I bet the parasite is going to run through the neo-humans

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I reckon the mad god will fall surprisingly easy just on the basis that ONE's already got a series where God is the big villain.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Eustace posted:

I bet the parasite is going to run through the neo-humans

It's spewing out some sort of gas, that poo poo is gonna spread everywhere in their city and Alio's gonna get infected and miraculously reappear back at their base later on.

Considering how quickly Kiva's arm just laying around in their base is being followed up on, I wouldn't be surprised if an infected Alio showed back up in two chapters (Killing a ton of demons because he himself is now a Natural Enemy as well). I'm such a mark for this premise that I can't stop being excited about the next chapter every time I read one!

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Sep 29, 2023

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

No Wave posted:

:hmmyes:

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
Yeah if it is going to work like a rock paper scissors kind of thing, then it does seem like it could be: Parasite > Neo Humans > Giants And we're cutting away right before that single parasite just wipes out their entire city. Though presumably Neo humans probably have a lot more cities, just as there's probably countless more giants let alone their leaders. So actually removing one of these threats might be easier said then done even if they have hard counters so to speak. And removing one early might in fact be very bad if it's the only counter to some other threat.

But yeah, my money is on Alio returning as a parasite too. The comic has been pretty relentless so far in escalating things as it is.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Raws up: https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/14079602755278351476

Edit: Lmao at whatever the gently caress Genos is doing

pik_d fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Oct 4, 2023

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Just popping out a hole in the wall like it's Pee Wee's Playhouse

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I have an idea how they can survive the crisis approaching in the last panel of the Versus chapter. Spoilered in case you haven't read it yet.

Something to scroll over on mobile

The army charges and as they near the base- bam light switch and the environment changes- Game World hellscape time motherfuckers. Demons kill a lot of people and incur penalties because of that, eventually stacking so many that they're weakened to the point that they can't instantly kill humans like usual. Maybe they get paired together with humans and have to cooperate- refuse to do so and get blown up for team killing- and the humans do much better via teamwork thanks to the the robot army, giants, heroes, and alien invasion people having the ability to help people who are just basic humans with nothing special to them like the nature calamity and parasite/poison world people thanks to their enhanced abilities like giant world superstrength or alien world jet packs.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Translation up: https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/Fma2mxl/1/1/

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Fuckin dragon cubes

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Saitama did a wholeass isekai adventure in like ten pages, idk whether that or the smugass expression Genos had at the end were better.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

God I love this stupid series so much :allears:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
He's still trying to beat King by using giant 'OP' characters and just spamming low kick :doh:

e:

Anime Directly to Readers Worldwide › Onepunch-Man - Ah poo poo. Here we go.

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Oct 5, 2023

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Trying to lance somebody on Heliback

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Takes No Damage posted:

He's still trying to beat King by using giant 'OP' characters and just spamming low kick :doh:

He really IS squandering his potential... It's a wonder King bothers to keep him as a disciple.