Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I get what Dame is saying and I also get people saying it's okay for Orange to have a break. I'm fine with Orange maybe getting a short mid card break but it probably should only be for a few weeks and than they should rocket him to the main event scene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Calling John Cena the greatest on the mic is weird because I distinctly remember a lot of different promos with him making a bunch of childish puns and sex jokes and occasional innuendos about his opponent. Which I guess you can defend by saying he probably wasn't writing his own promos, but I would say that also disqualifies you from being the best on the mic.

Edit: I know most wrestlers do this on the mic, it's more that I have memories of his being distinctly less funny and more off-putting than most like an MJF.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I agree with Dame's point but don't think OC is the example to use there.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He's had 47 matches this year so far, spent most of the year wrestling weekly, and was on TV in a match this week. People have lost their loving minds about what momentum is and when someone is losing it. Taking two weeks while staying relevant and spending most of the year defending a title is not "going back to 10". Some real loving "Goku is really losing all his momentum in this beach episode that's in-between arcs" thinking.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Nobody watches Rampage

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Nobody watches Rampage

Okay

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Well, I watch Rampage sometimes like this week, but still maybe he just forgot he had a match this week

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If you think someone lost momentum because you can't be bothered to watch the two hour special event Grand Slam Rampage it might be a you problem.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

This isn't the first time I've seen a hot take boil down to "I didn't watch the show / forgot that person was on TV 3 days ago".

Starting to think social media might be bad for the brain.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Don't take what I said too seriously I was just being sarcastic to agree his opinion is stupid

A Fancy Hat posted:

This isn't the first time I've seen a hot take boil down to "I didn't watch the show / forgot that person was on TV 3 days ago".

The lack of object permanence in wrestling fans is disturbing

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

would have been cool for oc to go onward and upward instead. too late now

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I'd like to know who in the main event they'd want OC to be having a program with that isn't already doing something right now

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Drakkel posted:

I'd like to know who in the main event they'd want OC to be having a program with that isn't already doing something right now

Hmm... is his dad alive?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

A Fancy Hat posted:

Yeah engagement brain and chasing takes is a sickness.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

listen. skip this if you don't like somebody coming up with ideas. this might be considered fantasy booking, and it's cringe. but when edge comes in he should cut his hair and then he dresses up like orange cassidy. and christian joins him and they dress up like orange cassidy. they're called the orangeheads. they follow him around and do his bidding but they get so bored not doing anything and they have funny backstage skits about it. and one of them is the world's champion because that's the best person to do that sort of thing with. the end result is really, it's a CYOA for you. this was made for you. enjoy. let's go bengals tonight.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Cavauro posted:

listen. skip this if you don't like somebody coming up with ideas. this might be considered fantasy booking, and it's cringe. but when edge comes in he should cut his hair and then he dresses up like orange cassidy. and christian joins him and they dress up like orange cassidy. they're called the orangeheads. they follow him around and do his bidding but they get so bored not doing anything and they have funny backstage skits about it. and one of them is the world's champion because that's the best person to do that sort of thing with. the end result is really, it's a CYOA for you. this was made for you. enjoy. let's go bengals tonight.

i like that

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

You know I agree, I think the things he's forwarding are very much probably emails. Not really sure what else he could forward

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

For reference this is about the press releases WBD puts out about AEW Dynamite. Some people are absolutely convinced they're fake.

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1706433419918381453

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I'd love for one of these people to try to explain why Warner Bros would be colluding with so many other companies to pretend AEW is successful. I guess it must tie into the Bischoff thing where he insists WBD secretly owns AEW and for some reason doesn't want anyone to know that they own them???

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
It's totally normal for major publicly traded corporations to lie about ownership interests in businesses in their same sector and tax jurisdiction. Sure, there is no clear benefit to doing this, and it would be a weird breach of trust, but sometimes you have to live a little.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Drakkel posted:

I'd love for one of these people to try to explain why Warner Bros would be colluding with so many other companies to pretend AEW is successful. I guess it must tie into the Bischoff thing where he insists WBD secretly owns AEW and for some reason doesn't want anyone to know that they own them???

There is a good chance that WBD has a small stake in AEW.

https://twitter.com/DJTGUNN/status/1706523832981307495

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

“My dad could beat up your dad” but my dad is instead the WWE, a billion dollar company that I must defend with my life.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Why would TBS/WBD use a metric that makes their show look good. I dunno, it truly is a mystery.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

im nelson metric

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

A Fancy Hat posted:

“My dad could beat up your dad” but my dad is instead the WWE, a billion dollar company that I must defend with my life.

fed fans:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/KXNGAO/status/1706705729493541344

Will let your eyes bug out for a second until you read the rest of the sentence.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I think they meant 'women's match of the year contender'

and yes, I do think Willow is due a bigger moment than winning a secondary belt which she wasn't supposed to win

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Venomous posted:

and yes, I do think Willow is due a bigger moment than winning a secondary belt which she wasn't supposed to win

Yes, they did.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Now I'm just wondering what would be the best ROH women's match of the pre-Tony Khan era. It's definitely not from the RF or Gabe eras. In the back half of Gabe's run they at least started using some decent women's wrestlers but they were rarely ever above the post-intermission match. I remember the later Dean Rasmussen bigging up Rok-C in 2021, although a lot of that was potential. Mayu Iwatani was Women's champion once, but the only matches she had in ROH were with Kelly Klein. I can't imagine Sumie Sakai's run was much to write home about.

I just scrolled through the ROH Matchguide on Cagematch & the first pre-Khan women's match to appear is at #784, Mayu Iwatani vs Kelly Klein from Bound By Honor 2019. The next is Mayu Iwatani vs Deonna Purrazzo at #838, & Allysin Kay vs Trish Adora fat #841, both from episodes of their TV. Sara Del Ray really came around at least a decade too early.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

forkboy84 posted:

Now I'm just wondering what would be the best ROH women's match of the pre-Tony Khan era. It's definitely not from the RF or Gabe eras. In the back half of Gabe's run they at least started using some decent women's wrestlers but they were rarely ever above the post-intermission match. I remember the later Dean Rasmussen bigging up Rok-C in 2021, although a lot of that was potential. Mayu Iwatani was Women's champion once, but the only matches she had in ROH were with Kelly Klein. I can't imagine Sumie Sakai's run was much to write home about.

I just scrolled through the ROH Matchguide on Cagematch & the first pre-Khan women's match to appear is at #784, Mayu Iwatani vs Kelly Klein from Bound By Honor 2019. The next is Mayu Iwatani vs Deonna Purrazzo at #838, & Allysin Kay vs Trish Adora fat #841, both from episodes of their TV. Sara Del Ray really came around at least a decade too early.

Probably Del Rey vs MsChif from Rising Above 2008, or one of the really good four ways they ran in 2006 when they'd do various combos of the best SHIMMER wrestlers.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Cagematch says it's Rok-C vs. Miranda Alize from Final Battle 2021 but I kinda doubt that.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Venomous posted:

She should start this Wednesday by beating that nerd, Julia.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Pretty wild that ROH had Mayu Iwatani for an entire title run and absolutely nobody remembers it

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Benne posted:

Pretty wild that ROH had Mayu Iwatani for an entire title run and absolutely nobody remembers it

I do.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/PatrickEireWres/status/1706750237249831247?s=19

Wait a minute...

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

lol as if they’re comparable

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/Wrestling80s90s/status/1706729891545190725

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

It's true, when I was a small child I consumed media largely uncritically.

I don't understand why this is being held up as a better way of being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
That's not a bad take. We were kids and the Internet didn't exist to ruin everything