Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

I don’t think I’ve ever seen Dan Wooton before, what’s wrong with his mouth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Does anyone have any budgetting advice or help with funds atm. Just in general.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

loving hell, the fascism dial has been turned up to 10 this morning after Cruella's speech yesterday...

https://twitter.com/TalkTV/status/1706934421939499136

It's racist to stand up to fascism now...

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Sanford posted:

Sometimes it opens and sounds come out

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Sanford posted:

Mouth and anal sphincter got reversed at some point, somebody switched the direction of flow

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the colour saturation seems way too high on that TalkTV show. are they copying the Fox News strategy of insanely bright colours to stimulate the leaden smoothbrains of an older target audience

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
:yeshaha:

x

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

They also appear to have gone for super evil black-and-red livery too in the real build (or are cylons).

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

fuctifino posted:

loving hell, the fascism dial has been turned up to 10 this morning after Cruella's speech yesterday...

https://twitter.com/TalkTV/status/1706934421939499136

It's racist to stand up to fascism now...

Suella's so blatantly positioning herself as the obvious option for Tory leader, once Rishi eats poo poo at the next GE lol.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

LMAO. Even Wootton's issued an apology
https://twitter.com/danwootton/status/1706921854663786573

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
She's obviously betting that the future of the Tory party lies in reaction and culture war rather than any attempt to re-establish the party as a reliable defender of business interests and 'government as usual'.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Pistol_Pete posted:

She's obviously betting that the future of the Tory party lies in reaction and culture war rather than any attempt to re-establish the party as a reliable defender of business interests and 'government as usual'.

The tory party seems like they'll probably go for it as well. Glad we have a strong, principled labour leader that won't let them drag political discourse even further down

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Pistol_Pete posted:

Hmm, that tune sounds familiar :911:

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Cheers to whoever posted that covid vaccines were bookable, got an appointment overnight and when I turned up they gave me the flu jab as well off the cuff.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

lmao, they're so rattled over this

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

ThomasPaine posted:

Can one of you NI goons tell me why there are no ticket machines at any of the stations and you have to queue up to buy one from an actual person? I've nearly missed my train quite a few times now because I forgot about that and saw the line was packed as I arrived five mins before I was due to depart.

Any time I have to use the bus/train in NI I buy the tickets beforehand using the app. Before that existed my local station was unstaffed so I bought tickets on the train.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

josh04 posted:

Cheers to whoever posted that covid vaccines were bookable, got an appointment overnight and when I turned up they gave me the flu jab as well off the cuff.

Same. I had my jabs last night, and they gave me the newer covid jab. I live in a postcode with lots of rich retired people, so that might factor into it somehow. In other news, I feel like poo poo and my arms hurt. 10/10 would stab again.

Necrothatcher posted:

lmao, they're so rattled over this

For good reason. lmao. It's great, as it now puts Wootton directly under the spotlight, which could mean that his own sexual assault/abuse allegations will get a wider airing. And the implications for GBNews could/should be huge, but sadly OFCOM is pretty neutered these days... but lol and lmao over everything nonetheless

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Sep 27, 2023

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Cancel culture comes once again to the unwoke gb news https://www.theguardian.com/media/2023/sep/27/gb-news-suspends-laurence-fox-over-comments-about-female-journalist

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Josef bugman posted:

Quoting this for somebody who knows what they're talking about to answer.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

He doesn't seem to be taking it well. They didn't even phone him.

https://twitter.com/LozzaFox/status/1706958680241914115

lol and lmao

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

*clears throat* Stella Creepy

Stooly Crusty defends Pedo Handles-sons.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Politeness enthusiast Laurence Fox.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

fuctifino posted:

lol and lmao

"Dear Ofcom, this breach of standards was known about in advance and they let me do it anyway" I'm sure that'll help GBBies get off the hook

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

josh04 posted:

when I turned up they gave me the flu jab as well off the cuff.

Strange, it's usually given in the upper arm ...

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

happyhippy posted:

Been 30 years since I used a train regular in NI, so my details on how they work may not be upro date. And it was only manned one end.
I think its because there's no way to keep ticket machines running without being smashed to poo poo within 24 hours.
And with students getting travel cards for price discounts, machines wouldn't recognize them, or fake cards.
So its cheaper to have a single person on the city end to issue and check them.

Fair enough but mainland UK manages it OK and I don't think our ne'er do wells are any less feral than NI's, so ???

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Whenever something seems backwards and self-stifling I tend to assume the DUP are the root cause. Probably thought ticket machines were too similar to catholicism or something.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

Whenever something seems backwards and self-stifling I tend to assume the DUP are the root cause. Probably thought ticket machines were too similar to catholicism or something.

They think the machine tickets are communion wafers in disguise... but i think they really should stop eating their tickets tbh. :shrug:

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

ThomasPaine posted:

Fair enough but mainland UK manages it OK and I don't think our ne'er do wells are any less feral than NI's, so ???

Ehh NI ner do wells regularly firebomb police vans. They are far in advance of our homegrown bams.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Josef bugman posted:

I'll PM you something later but at work right now.

Meanwhile

Full on rehabilitation of the Nazis going on on twitter at the expense of the Russian/ Soviet role in WW2.
Won't post links but sure you can find it if you need to.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Just Another Lurker posted:

Quoting this for somebody who knows what they're talking about to answer.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Thank you both! Don't mean to interupt, just wanted to ask!

Also, what is a "business analyst" because when I am looking at job roles the term keeps coming up but it seems to just include secretarial things?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Strange, it's usually given in the upper arm ...

Boo.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Josef bugman posted:

Don't be like me and hide from your bank balance, check it everyday even if you know its in the red.

Move all of your direct debits / standing orders to one day, preferably your payday (or equivalent) so you make sure that these are paid and you don't factor them into spending.

Do shopping in bulk, get a delivery of tins, pulses pasta etc. Enough for the month (or two month if you can manage).

Anything left over put in savings, even if it's just a few quid. Get in the habit. (I actually used an app called Chip which forced me to stay aware of daily spending and bank all excess funds every week, it really helped turn around bad habits).

Repeat for the rest of the year.

keep punching joe fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Sep 27, 2023

grobbo
May 29, 2014

fuctifino posted:

lol and lmao

I get why he feels betrayed. They hire you to be a sneering provocateur on far-right TV who runs his mouth off against socially acceptable targets, and then you stray a little too far into fullblown Incel Corner against a journalist and suddenly they fire you.

If he understood why even GB News might not want to be associated with his comments he wouldn't be here in the first place; he's like an attack-dog that doesn't understand why it's getting shot in the head for mauling one of the farmer's chickens.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Meanwhile

Full on rehabilitation of the Nazis going on on twitter at the expense of the Russian/ Soviet role in WW2.

It is deeply on brand for liberals to make excuses for fascists.

It has been unsurprising but still infuriating reading this poo poo, "oh they just wanted to defend their homeland, they only fought against the Soviets".

The Wikipedia page on the 14th Waffen Grenadier Division is something too, there's an Atrocities section but it starts "Although the Waffen-SS as a whole was declared to be a criminal organization at the Nuremberg Trials, the Galician Division has not specifically been found guilty of any war crimes by any war tribunal or commission."

Followed by more apologia, and then you get whiplash from the next paragraph: "The division did destroy several Polish communities in western Ukraine during the winter and spring of 1944" before going into details.

But it's par for the course, western diplomacy is littered with examples of us working with the worst of the worst, just look at Nagorno Karabakh now, Azerbaijan is our all as a quarter of the populace have already left for Armenia

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Josef bugman posted:

Thank you both! Don't mean to interupt, just wanted to ask!

Also, what is a "business analyst" because when I am looking at job roles the term keeps coming up but it seems to just include secretarial things?

Oh hey, I'm a business analyst. In theory it means that you are someone who captures business requirements in order to relay them to IT development teams so they can create and test code.

In practice, these days, it kinda just means someone who can sit in a vaguely IT related role and get stuff done.

I wouldn't really categorise it as secretarial, other than you have to do things like book meetings and coordinate people's diaries from time to time.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Josef bugman posted:

Cook from scratch and cook in bulk.
My wife started bulk making her lunches and has saved a lot of money not having to buy stuff from the hospital cafeteria.

Switch to a bank that allows budgeting in app. I personally rate Monzo. I can put stuff away in instant access pots to seperate it and see breakdowns of my spending. It will notify me if I am spending more than usual in a particular category.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

This is amazing. Laurence Fox is throwing Wootton under the bus

https://twitter.com/LozzaFox/status/1706972987642044714

:allears:

e: And just to reiterate the point I made in a post yesterday, the turnout for Cruella's speech was terrible, as shown by this photo looking at the crowd.

https://twitter.com/MarinaPurkiss/status/1706945030030557360/photo/1

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Sep 27, 2023

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Mega Comrade posted:

Cook from scratch and cook in bulk.
My wife started bulk making her lunches and has saved a lot of money not having to buy stuff from the hospital cafeteria.

I would do this, but my (hopefully soon to be) Mrs cannot really deal with frozen and defrosted food. Autism and sensory issues, that kind of thing.

We are being more sensible and only eating out rarely, and making sure that we cook healthy stuff for evening meals and lunches.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

fuctifino posted:

This is amazing. Laurence Fox is throwing Wootton under the bus

https://twitter.com/LozzaFox/status/1706972987642044714

:allears:

Leftist circular firing squads have nothing on the ol' right wing bag of rabid rats turning on each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Meanwhile

I'd never have thought we'd get to the point where there's liberal centrists "Well, actually"ing the literal SS, and yet here we are!