Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully

MikusR posted:

Smells like veprogames.github.io/idle-mine-remix/

I think the main features are supposed to be homages to various other idle games, the village feature is very similar to kittens game/evolve/whatever their common ancestor is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Looking at the patch notes the dev seems to regard the school mechanic as a "side bonus" rather than anything necessary for progression. Which is good because I'm completely hardstuck at C's on both Math and Literature.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

GetDunked posted:

I think the main features are supposed to be homages to various other idle games, the village feature is very similar to kittens game/evolve/whatever their common ancestor is

Yee

quote:

This game includes:

5 different main features to explore and master, based on popular idle games

How the hell does the mining autoprogress limit work? I thought it means it autoprogresses as long as the next rock will take less time than the seconds I take it to, but it just seems to do nothing

GrossMurpel fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Sep 27, 2023

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
The best part is the resource caps: you still collect at a reduced rate. Admittedly you also can't buy anything that you don't have the capacity for but it is at least something.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Oh the dev actually responded to a comment about autoprogress on that page and it's supposed to work like I thought. Guess it's broken :shrug:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Autoadvance does work but only in very specific circumstances: it only advances if you have yet to break a rock in the next level. It unfortunately won't go forward if you're hanging back at your optimal 1 rock per second level and increase your damage enough to 1 second the next level.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

the number you type into autoadvance is your desired scrap per second, not how many seconds it takes to destroy a rock

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
I am not playing an idle game that makes me do things under time pressure, like that school game. I suppose I will try and see how far you actually get while ignoring that school mechanic.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
Anything came out recently that can be completed in a day/a week at most? I’m not committing to anything intended for literal years.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
re: gooboo

has anyone done the math on how to optimize monster organs? right now im just farming on the earliest possible stage

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

GetDunked posted:

e: I'd also like it if literature class was actual words and not keysmash, while I'm complaining

i figure that's to make it so that the optimal play isn't using autocorrect on your mobile, but i do agree

VictualSquid posted:

I am not playing an idle game that makes me do things under time pressure, like that school game. I suppose I will try and see how far you actually get while ignoring that school mechanic.

haven't seen it contain any actual progression so far, as opposed to side-bonuses

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
you can also just edit your grade in the save file if you wanna skip it while getting the bonuses

tho i kinda like the excuse to brush up on my math/typing (im terrible at it)

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I just went to grade level D and that seems to generate enough books to get plenty of upgrades when I remember to actually go to the school tab. If there was a limit to how many times you get to play or if you have to get so many correct to get the exp I would be with you, but it doesn’t so if it takes you a few extra attempts so be it, the timer is irrelevant. I only stopped at D because progress got slower and getting 12 books an hour has been plenty.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
gooboo seems like a well-designed game but I'm still struggling to contain my desire to click around between all the tabs looking for small gains rather than just coming back in 6 hours like a sensible person

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Sivart13 posted:

gooboo seems like a well-designed game but I'm still struggling to contain my desire to click around between all the tabs looking for small gains rather than just coming back in 6 hours like a sensible person

:same:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Sivart13 posted:

:same: but in other idlers too

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Do cards just work all the time or do you slot them in somewhere?

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

habituallyred posted:

Do cards just work all the time or do you slot them in somewhere?
it looks like you slot them in upon prestige; im guessing the passive set bonuses are persistent though

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most

crime weed posted:

it looks like you slot them in upon prestige; im guessing the passive set bonuses are persistent though

yeah i think you need a duplicate, and then on a reset you can get a bonus from slotting the card into the prestige tab (which you might not have yet).

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Gooboo: does "premium crafting slot" somehow mean something completely different from the pickaxe crafting slots? Naturally I spent all my red gems on one and see nothing changed anywhere

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Sindai posted:

Gooboo: does "premium crafting slot" somehow mean something completely different from the pickaxe crafting slots? Naturally I spent all my red gems on one and see nothing changed anywhere

it makes one of your pickaxe crafting slots glow. it reduces impurity and doubles purity but it doesn't have a massive effect so far (i don't think).

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Does anyone know what leads to the village prestige? I assumed it'd be faith, but it doesn't seem like that's doing anything. Nevermind, it is, you need 50+.

Pigbuster fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Sep 28, 2023

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I can tell I need to use the advanced combo guides for cookie clicker to finish the game in the next decade, but I can't make heads nor tails of them. Can anyone lay out some effective combos without assuming that I've already memorized a list of acronyms?

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most

Discendo Vox posted:

I can tell I need to use the advanced combo guides for cookie clicker to finish the game in the next decade, but I can't make heads nor tails of them. Can anyone lay out some effective combos without assuming that I've already memorized a list of acronyms?

Get the dragon bonus that gives dragonflights, be in grandmacaplyse, keep your mana full.
Get the god shrine that gives a bonus for selling buildings (and probably... clicking and... cheaper buildings for the other two)
On getting a good golden cookie, cast the "get another cookie spell", sell all of a crappy building (probably like... mines or something) for the sell bonus.
Click spell golden cookie, hope it combos with the other one.
Spam autoclicker on cookie

if you're lucky you can get like a several digit boost out of this.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Metis of the Hallway posted:

it makes one of your pickaxe crafting slots glow. it reduces impurity and doubles purity but it doesn't have a massive effect so far (i don't think).
it also adds an entire extra crafting slot, which is pretty significant

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Does anyone have a good way for playing GooBoo on multiple computers? I dont want to have to export a save game file each time if possible.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

NPR Journalizard posted:

Does anyone have a good way for playing GooBoo on multiple computers? I dont want to have to export a save game file each time if possible.
exporting the savefile to dropbox/onedrive/whatever, or copying the raw text into a note-taking app that syncs across devices (notion.so) is probably your best bet

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Sivart13 posted:

same, same

I'm really enjoying it and I think as it gets more I get a few more plates to gently nudge so I'm enjoying it more and more. The UI is like silky smooth and I really enjoy it.

for some reason the caveman sounding notes slightly annoy me. "GOT ROCK. ROCK GOOD."

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Sep 28, 2023

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Dragongem posted:

for some reason the caveman sounding notes slightly annoy me. "GOT ROCK. ROCK GOOD."
there's a genuinely interesting reason for this imo; it should become clear as you progress but basically you learn their language as time goes by & the notes appear to get more eloquent as your understanding grows

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

crime weed posted:

there's a genuinely interesting reason for this imo; it should become clear as you progress but basically you learn their language as time goes by & the notes appear to get more eloquent as your understanding grows

That said, answer me this: is G just God? Or do they get more established.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Dragongem posted:

I also dislike this, though I haven't hit whatever the spoiler revelation is from the previous two posts

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

widespread posted:

That said, answer me this: is G just God? Or do they get more established.
g is for gooboo, of course

what it actually stands for gets revealed after your first completed quest

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
"I'll just stop over in Antimatter," I said. "I've got a lot more Phage now, I should pick up some more antiplasmids to take advantage of them," I said. "How long can it be, it's just one black hole reset," I said.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?
I just discovered that when I closed an re-opened Firefox, my Gooboo game didn't load. Just at the New Game screen. I never made a backup file :(

It might be Firefox, or it might be a plugin that caused it, but this is your reminder to make backups.

Anybody know where the default save game would be stored, so I can dig around and see if it can be salvaged?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Farquar posted:

I just discovered that when I closed an re-opened Firefox, my Gooboo game didn't load. Just at the New Game screen. I never made a backup file :(

It might be Firefox, or it might be a plugin that caused it, but this is your reminder to make backups.

Anybody know where the default save game would be stored, so I can dig around and see if it can be salvaged?

It's a game on itch.io so I just downloaded it and play it through the itch desktop app, much cleaner and doesn't have to deal with being in a browser.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Gooboo:

I'm at 40 in the mine. Confusingly I have copper and all the copper capacity upgrade perks, but, like, it's only at 12 and the upgrades are at 20 or 20+. Am I missing something????

Edit: ok I found it.

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Sep 29, 2023

Zteuer
Nov 8, 2009

Dragongem posted:

Gooboo:

I'm at 40 in the mine. Confusingly I have copper and all the copper capacity upgrade perks, but, like, it's only at 12 and the upgrades are at 20 or 20+. Am I missing something????

There's an upgrade you can buy with scraps, I think it should be available at your level.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Gooboo: Cards: I have a couple, and they mention having a bonus when 'active', how do you activate them?
They're highlighted by default, but I'm only getting the weakest passive based on the amount of cards I have for that category.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
I'm pretty sure you activate them by choosing to consume them when you prestige. it then gives the bonus throughout your next prestige

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baddog
May 12, 2001

SubNat posted:

Gooboo: Cards: I have a couple, and they mention having a bonus when 'active', how do you activate them?
They're highlighted by default, but I'm only getting the weakest passive based on the amount of cards I have for that category.

You've got to burn a duplicate when you prestige, and then its active for the next run.