Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
ignore lists are for babies but fighting against wanted cop horde or whatever sections in games just to push the mechanics is ftw nothing moronic about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
frankly if you're in an open world game and you dont do a quicksave massacre to flex you dont deserve the game

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
It's not a coincidence the people who complain about the ignore list are the worst posters

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Ignore List 2 was better

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
They should have just kept making new missions for Metal Gear Solid V forever

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Man all I just said is I didn't like a game and asked if the new patch made it better.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

If anything doing a quick GTA rampage is a key way to test out builds and equipment real quick. I'm liking my mix of pistols and magic quite a bit, especially because I killed a meth cook and he gave me blueprints for an explosive pistol that one-shots every mf I come up against

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

cyberpunk still fun been playing on the hardest difficulty for awhile now and throwing knives with mantis blades as support is suitably intense

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Man all I just said is I didn't like a game and asked if the new patch made it better.

Maybe try doing it better next time?

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

big mean giraffe posted:

It's not a coincidence the people who complain about the ignore list are the worst posters

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm not sure how to trigger Bolt. Wish the UI for it was clearer.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Buck Wildman posted:

cyberpunk still fun been playing on the hardest difficulty for awhile now and throwing knives with mantis blades as support is suitably intense

Do Mantis Arms still kick rear end? They were the only thing I used when I tried to play the game close to launch

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

smarxist posted:

grampa making me check out Dysmantle

it’s fun. not a whole lot of meat on the bone but it’s a great audiobook/podcast game and fun just to mindlessly, zen zone, tear down all the wood huts to make a wood axe to tear down thick timber huts to make a stone axe to tear down brick buildings to make a copper axe to down town multiplex and so on

I felt like it was missing maybe another tier or 2 but maybe that’s in the dlc now

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
core keeper owns too for similar reasons as a terraria game but man it’s still only like v0.6 and has so. long to go to be finished. felt like it’s been EA for awhile

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

DaysBefore posted:

Do Mantis Arms still kick rear end? They were the only thing I used when I tried to play the game close to launch

they're less brutal now that a lot of the stuff to restore stamina and build up to like 300% attack speed have been removed, but still very potent. I'm looking forward to getting the relic power that gives you the sweep attack for them and seeing how that goes. when I'm not sneakin' I do stuff like tossing a knife into a face to blind/poison them (got an iconic throwing knife that staggers now too) and following up with the mantis blades while they're reeling. using the sandevistan (also still extremely powerful but less so than originally, which I approve of) and cloak to skirmish around and take max advantage of the bullet deflection

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

it's only on very hard that I feel like I've gotta really focus and use my powers efficiently on at this point so it's what I recommend everyone switch to once they get into the high levels to have a good time

Buck Wildman has issued a correction as of 16:16 on Sep 27, 2023

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

KirbyKhan posted:

The big skill difference is that you can ignore anybody you want, but when you post about ignoring that makes you a big ol baby bitch.

This is true UNLESS it would really annoy the poster imo

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Flipping your lid over cyberpunk

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

Flipping your lid over cyberpunk

my lid is augmented

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Communist Thoughts posted:

This is true UNLESS it would really annoy the poster imo

you mean like how hootington's still talking about it lol

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

is johnny silverhand in fortnite and, most importantly, can he hit the griddy

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Too busy playing a game on version .06-beta-earlyaccess-test to play something that's on 2.0

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

That's right, version numbers are pretty meaningless.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

They should put Cyberpunk characters in Fortnite. Dexter DeShawn twerking when he gets the Vic Roy

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Gumball Gumption posted:

Too busy playing a game on version .06-beta-earlyaccess-test to play something that's on 2.0

:sam:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Lostconfused posted:

That's right, version numbers are pretty meaningless.

So good they finished it twice

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

DaysBefore posted:

They should put Cyberpunk characters in Fortnite. Dexter DeShawn twerking when he gets the Vic Roy

hell yeah

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Mr Hootington posted:

Now I definitely know the game is still busted poo poo

mad?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

DaysBefore posted:

picking judy since she has the smallest hitbox

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Buck Wildman posted:

is johnny silverhand in fortnite and, most importantly, can he hit the griddy

No he is not. Would be funny if he was. Keanu as Wick is in fortnite.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I didn't twerk for this V

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Gumball Gumption posted:

The Orb of Creation is so so so good. It is the most active idle incremental game I've ever had the joy of experiencing. Bless maple

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Hey cool! Looking at the devs of Dysmantled I learned they are working in a 3rd Dysmantle DLC plus a new fantasy dysmantle/7dtd Mashup called dysplaced.
https://twitter.com/10tonsLtd/status/1704838811685921244?t=P3mLHyzd7eVUbITYCBW34A&s=19
https://twitter.com/10tonsLtd/status/1687476407436271616?t=k8rMiuNevOkNpl43Zl2I4g&s=19
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX76DLWsYyc

I think I'll buy that day 1. It looks like more of the same with some added fun systems.

Edit:

quote:

What would be the EA launch date?

Late 2024 earliest, might be later.

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 16:50 on Sep 27, 2023

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Mr Hootington posted:

Hey cool! Looking at the devs of Dysmantled I learned they are working in a 3rd Dysmantle DLC plus a new fantasy dysmantle/7dtd Mashup called dysplaced.
https://twitter.com/10tonsLtd/status/1704838811685921244?t=P3mLHyzd7eVUbITYCBW34A&s=19
https://twitter.com/10tonsLtd/status/1687476407436271616?t=k8rMiuNevOkNpl43Zl2I4g&s=19
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX76DLWsYyc

I think I'll buy that day 1. It looks like more of the same with some added fun systems.

do the buildings have physics and crumble semi-realistically when you take them down or do the walls break up neatly into discrete sections that fit together like a puzzle

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I always imagine what MGSV would have been like if it got the same quality of post-launch support as, say, Hitman 2016. And then I curse Konami's name yet again.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

do the buildings have physics and crumble semi-realistically when you take them down or do the walls break up neatly into discrete sections that fit together like a puzzle

It just breaks apart into components like 7 days to die. Here is a good youtube short that shows how the tearing apart works.
https://youtube.com/shorts/mROAi5ONQ7E?si=Dm_V5Tq494qZLkVt

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

download the Infinite Heaven mod if youre playing on PC

gives you lots of tweakable settings and a ton of, admittedly bare-bones, custom missions

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

goth smoking cloves posted:

Ignore List 2 was better

don’t get me started on the differences between the NA, PAL, and JP versions

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Mr Hootington posted:

It just breaks apart into components like 7 days to die. Here is a good youtube short that shows how the tearing apart works.
https://youtube.com/shorts/mROAi5ONQ7E?si=Dm_V5Tq494qZLkVt

looks mundanely satisfying, like powerwash sim

personally prefer the Red Faction Guerilla-style destruction, but i can see why ppl like this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008