Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I've been offered Mostert for my Nacua and I'm thinking that's a good deal, right? Full PPR.

QB: Mahomes
RB: Barkley, Etienne, Swift, Warren, Charbonnet
WR: A.J. Brown, Aiyuk, Nacua, Thomas, Hopkins, Dell
TE: Engram

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

accept that 100 times out of 100.

are people forgetting kupp is likely coming back or something? why are they trading for these receivers who are about to lose a lot of their targets? should be selling high on him, atwell, and kyren.

the only reason i wouldn’t do that is because of how stacked your rb are. like, are you playing mostert over those top 3 beyond bye weeks? probably not. but you can way more easily move mostert in two weeks than you can nacua. or hell, even now. package mostert with another rb for an upgrade maybe? mostert plus engram for hockenson? i don’t know, you’ve got options.

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Sep 27, 2023

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Did this, won it. Next highest bid was $20 :suicide:

Who cares? I'm not trying to win 4th place in my leagues, I'm trying to win it all. Getting an explosive rookie on the potential second coming of the Greatest Show on Turf wins leagues. Correctly Min/Maxing my FAB 3 weeks into the season at the risk of missing out on a potential top RB wins 4th place.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Did this, won it. Next highest bid was $20 :suicide:

Good move! I lost it in my league because the winning bid was $883 out of $1000, which was more money than I had in my budget alltogether. And I'm not sure if there was a way to overpay here, but if there is, this is it.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Drunk Nerds posted:

Who cares? I'm not trying to win 4th place in my leagues, I'm trying to win it all. Getting an explosive rookie on the potential second coming of the Greatest Show on Turf wins leagues. Correctly Min/Maxing my FAB 3 weeks into the season at the risk of missing out on a potential top RB wins 4th place.

This being my first time doing this, are there any general guidelines for preserving FAAB through the season? Should I be :homebrew:ing right now, or should I save any money for later in the season for injuries, etc.? Is that questions even possible to answer without more info?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’ll try to save like 10% but I’ll gladly overpay to grab a possible league winning waiver pickup.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

I spent 35/100 grabbing Puka last week, so I have been spending. Just don't know where the line is between buying now and saving for later, or if there really is even a line at all. But saving :10bux: for emergencies seems fine?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Judgy Fucker posted:

I spent 35/100 grabbing Puka last week, so I have been spending. Just don't know where the line is between buying now and saving for later, or if there really is even a line at all. But saving :10bux: for emergencies seems fine?

Buy now. Waiver wire breakouts diminish greatly with each passing week and it's much more important to stay competitive early than to have the most $ for that one or two guys who break out late when your team has started 3-7

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Judgy Fucker posted:

if you're middling to low, you absolutely want to spend more now than later.

however, if it's obvious your team is a top team in your league right now, and i mean it is healthily and unquestionably a top team in your league, and it is actually performing, then it's preferable to spend less now. play waivers now, sure, but only pick up rb2/backups as they come and go. wait for injuries to break your way. then, because of how well you've done now, you're safely in the playoffs. more often than not, one of those rb2 you picked up now has actually panned out. on top of that, you'll have a warchest you can use to shut out other teams on waivers in those later weeks. and if there's a really hot add in those later weeks, you've safely got it.

i'm not saying spend only $10 in the first 10 weeks if you have a top team, but don't go whole hog by any stretch.

at the same time, if you're in trouble, you should not feel any hesitation spending all of your budget in the first 6 weeks.

it's all relative! obviously there are exceptions (someone drops a top 15wr who just hasn't been doing well so far or whatever), but this is generally how i approach my spending weekly.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

abelwingnut posted:

accept that 100 times out of 100.

Agreed and mashed.

I have zero FAB after turning it into Nacua->Mostert, Swift and Dell and I'm very happy with that value even if it means sitting out the rest of free agency.

What I really need now is a 2 for 1 to free up a roster slot for the bye weeks. I've sent out Warren/Hopkins to a dude starting Najee for his benched Pittman and I'm hoping real hard to get out of the Pittsburgh/Tennessee markets.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

also, guy you might want to add now if you have room: keaton mitchell.

he's apparently 'electric' with the ball in his hands. more importantly, though, is he'll be a healthy baltimore raven rb in week 5. melvin gordon is a nonentity, so mitchell'll basically be oft-injured edwards's backup very soon.

purely speculative obviously, and only for deep leagues. but it's easy to see a path here. and god knows baltimore needs some sort of running option.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

abelwingnut posted:

he's apparently 'electric' with the ball in his hands. more importantly, though, is he'll be a healthy baltimore raven rb in week 5. melvin gordon is a nonentity, so mitchell'll basically be oft-injured edwards's backup very soon.

purely speculative obviously, and only for deep leagues. but it's easy to see a path here. and god knows baltimore needs some sort of running option.

Its the Ravens. I'm gonna target that guys backup.

E: lol he's already on IR.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Sep 27, 2023

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I did it, I picked up Achane with an extreme overpay price of 650/1000. Woo!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Is it too galaxy-brained to grab Roschon Johnson off waivers (dropping Allgeier) to flex over one of Olave, Pickens, Atwell?

I feel like it's a boom-or-bust play, don't really trust Chicago's OL, and Herbert is getting more touches. At the same time though, if Denver allows rushing like it did last week...

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I don’t think the the Bears O-line is nearly as good as the Dolphins’

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Dango Bango posted:

Is it too galaxy-brained to grab Roschon Johnson off waivers (dropping Allgeier) to flex over one of Olave, Pickens, Atwell?

I feel like it's a boom-or-bust play, don't really trust Chicago's OL, and Herbert is getting more touches. At the same time though, if Denver allows rushing like it did last week...

you do not sit olave. he's a top 10wr.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

OK, FAAB is one thing, but what do we think the trade value is for Achane at the minute? (to acquire him)

I guess there's probably no worse time than now to try and grab him off another roster, right? Unless he turns into a ROS stud..

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Managed to snag Josh Palmer everywhere I was targeting him. I know he's not some superstar but I'm kinda surprised how muted the interest has been. He averaged 9 targets/game when Williams was out last year and even managed one 30-point game in PPR.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I would not trust a single Bear until they can prove they have an actual functional offense. I mean they have two total rushing TD's after 3 games and one of those belongs to Justin Fields. Even facing a bad defense I wouldn't trust them, but that's me.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Think I had the most funny Achane grab in one of my leagues

Guy added and dropped him from FA twice in the last two weeks and got him back with 85% of his FAAB lol

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Pain of Mind posted:

That last reception Pucua caught brought me from 4th place to 2nd place just based on the points, which is normally good but I need a better waiver spot to replace Mike Williams.

Lost out on Palmer because of this :argh:, not that it really matters much. Both AJ Dillon and Jaxon Smith-Njigba are completely droppable now, right? Dillon's whole selling point was that if Aaron Jones went down, he would be a #1 RB and he ... wasn't, and JSN is just not involved in the offense much.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Sep 27, 2023

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Drunk Nerds posted:

Greatest Show on Surf

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Someone is trying to grab my CeeDee Lamb for their Garrett Wilson and Alvin Kamara. He's just coming off suspension, but I feel like trading an S-tier WR for two A-tier players (RB and WR) is a question when you have a bench full of a-tiers. I'm just gonna say no, but I was curious what people think about that kind of situation. I lost this week due to really bad performances from Allgeier and the Cowboys D/ST, but to me, CeeDee is untradeable. I also really have no idea how good Kamara is. I tried to look up his stats and they weren't outstanding. And Zach Wilson is still the Jets QB.

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
Would it make sense to try to get Taylor at this point, or is he likely not playing this season at all?

I can probably move Sanders or Montgomery for him.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

abelwingnut posted:

you do not sit olave. he's a top 10wr.

He'd be last on the list I would sit him for. Just wanted to give the full picture. (Although he was a complete non-factor once Carr got knocked out last week.)

Bird in a Blender posted:

I would not trust a single Bear until they can prove they have an actual functional offense. I mean they have two total rushing TD's after 3 games and one of those belongs to Justin Fields. Even facing a bad defense I wouldn't trust them, but that's me.

Thank you for this.

ShowTime posted:

Someone is trying to grab my CeeDee Lamb for their Garrett Wilson and Alvin Kamara.

I wouldn't touch this at all.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Freezer posted:

Would it make sense to try to get Taylor at this point, or is he likely not playing this season at all?

I can probably move Sanders or Montgomery for him.

He's slated to come off of IR next week. I doubt anyone who's held him this long is going to be willing to get rid of him just now.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

abelwingnut posted:

Grabbed him in my 14tm, may as well use the IR slot. I can't handle MG3 again.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Who do I drop from these 2 Saints for Josh Palmer?

Michael Thomas or Shaheed. It’s 1 PPR with return yards scoring, Thomas has been more consistent but Shaheed has been more boom last 3 weeks.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Speaking of Kamara, what are people's expectations for him?

He hasn't looked the same since he became the bellcow. It feels like he needs the complementary back, and they still don't have it.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ok, for my lineup this week this is what I have

JJ and Nacua for WR
Monty and Kamara for RB
J Jacobs for w/r/t

Should I put Zay Flowers or Waddle in for J Jacobs? I know it’s early in the season, but Jacob’s seems to be underperforming projections but is playing the chargers, while I’m worried Zay won’t get many targets against Pittsburgh

Jacobs is projected for 11.18 while Zay is at 9.91.

Or maybe I need to put Jacobs in for Kamara and see how Kamara does this week?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Which D/ST looks better to cover a week 5 bye?

Ravens @PIT
Colts v.TEN

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Got Cleveland defense for free on waivers for the week. For week 5, I'm hoping to grab the Colts next week.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I think about of people are sleeping on Lions as a pick tbh. They have as many points as KC

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.

Quiet Feet posted:

He's slated to come off of IR next week. I doubt anyone who's held him this long is going to be willing to get rid of him just now.

From what I've read there's plenty of speculation on whether he'll play another snap for the Colts. They're still refusing his contract extension.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

wtf don’t

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Dango Bango posted:

Zag when everyone else is zigging. Roschon over Olave.

If you are flexing olave I assume you have the game won and can opt into meme plays without consequence.

Fight Club Sandwich fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Oct 2, 2023

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

also, if we're talking deep leagues and you're in a superflex, malik willis should be on your radar.

i just don't see how tennessee can keep going with tannehill for much longer, and willis will run at the very least. i also really do like tennessee's receivers, so...there's good upside there.

again, very, very deep leagues.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Freezer posted:

From what I've read there's plenty of speculation on whether he'll play another snap for the Colts. They're still refusing his contract extension.

Pre-season I would have figured he'd go to Miami, but I don't think they need even more fire power

on the other hand :unsmigghh:

--

But yes, he's in my IR spot for now and it's fine no matter what they decide for at least another week

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Speaking of Kamara, what are people's expectations for him?

He hasn't looked the same since he became the bellcow. It feels like he needs the complementary back, and they still don't have it.

A dude I play disc golf with has bought in entirely on the offseason chatter that Kamara had lost explosiveness because one of his legs was bigger than the other and that has since been fixed This sounds like woo woo quackery but if you're looking to buy or sell him that's certainly a thing you can find online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

T-Square posted:

Think I had the most funny Achane grab in one of my leagues

Guy added and dropped him from FA twice in the last two weeks and got him back with 85% of his FAAB lol

Had this in one league with Christian Watson last year. The resident Packer homer drafted him and patiently sat on him for half the season. Finally dropped him for a bye week crunch, and to be fair he had done loving nothing to that point. Nobody picks him up. Next week, Watson goes for 107 and 3 TDs. The guy who dropped him spends like $90/100 to get him back :lol:

Pain of Mind posted:

Lost out on Palmer because of this :argh:, not that it really matters much. Both AJ Dillon and Jaxon Smith-Njigba are completely droppable now, right? Dillon's whole selling point was that if Aaron Jones went down, he would be a #1 RB and he ... wasn't, and JSN is just not involved in the offense much.

I dropped JSN for Achane. I think JSN is still a decent stash since rookies sometimes take a while to spin up (see Christian Watson above heh), and if either Lockett or Metcalf gets hurt he's going to get more involved. But yeah if you need space today he's not a must hold

Dillon sucks and didn't do anything even when Jones was out, dump his rear end