Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

A dude I play disc golf with has bought in entirely on the offseason chatter that Kamara had lost explosiveness because one of his legs was bigger than the other and that has since been fixed This sounds like woo woo quackery but if you're looking to buy or sell him that's certainly a thing you can find online.

Because it’s true? :shrug:

https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/status/1688321158876143616?s=20

quote:

Kamara connected with Maradiaga late last offseason, and the two worked together for four weeks before the season started. This year, they started their work at the beginning of the offseason, and it looks like everything is clicking. Kamara is running with more burst and has noticeably increased his speed.

Kamara’s problem wasn’t age or, direct wear and tear to his legs. After studying a million data points within his body, it was discovered he had developed an asymmetrical variance between his legs — essentially, he had two more pounds of muscle mass in one leg versus the other. This, paired with the rib injury Kamara suffered last year, created imbalance with how his muscles operated and how he transferred energy.

So, with the variance evened out, Kamara added eight pounds of muscle to his frame training with Swasey, and he worked with Maradiaga to re-optimize how his body operates and how his muscles are firing.

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Sep 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaston Bachelard
Mar 26, 2009

When the image is new, the world is new.
Swapped Achane for Christian Watson, addressing needs for both teams. Unfortunately, the trade is with this week's opponent and the trade processes on Friday, so my opponent can use his new piece against me while I can't do the same!!

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Is Hunter Henry still a start or should I be looking closer at Musgrave?

Really regret not keeping Hock this year!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Because it’s true? :shrug:

I was reading this as one leg was longer than the other and what would you possibly do about that. This makes much more sense!

Gaston Bachelard posted:

Swapped Achane for Christian Watson, addressing needs for both teams. Unfortunately, the trade is with this week's opponent and the trade processes on Friday, so my opponent can use his new piece against me while I can't do the same!!

In most leagues I've been in everyone's cool with asking the commish to rush trades through, cause waiting periods are dumb and bad. But up to your own league rules and norms obviously

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Miles Sanders and Amon-Ra for Josh Jacobs and Terry Mac.

Half PPR. Who wins?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

mega dy posted:

Half PPR. Who wins?

The former imo

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

mega dy posted:

Half PPR. Who wins?

The Sun God-haver for sure

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

👌🏻 this close to dropping Fields for Stroud with Richardson on my bench. Maybe after the Fields vs Denver this week.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Docjowles posted:

I was reading this as one leg was longer than the other and what would you possibly do about that. This makes much more sense!

In most leagues I've been in everyone's cool with asking the commish to rush trades through, cause waiting periods are dumb and bad. But up to your own league rules and norms obviously

Muscle asymmetry is actually very common among athletes and isn't well correlated to performance issues or injury risk.

https://www.mdpi.com/2073-8994/14/10/1993

Symmetry and Asymmetry in Sport Sciences posted:

Asymmetry is ubiquitous in nature and humans have well-established bilateral asymmetries in their structures and functions. However, there are (mostly unsubstantiated) claims that bilateral asymmetries may impair sports performance or increase injury risk. [...]
Bilateral asymmetries are prevalent in sports, do not seem to impair performance, and there is no evidence that suggests that they increase injury risk.

I would take any reporting on Kamara's off season training regime with a grain of salt.

Ayudo fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Sep 27, 2023

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

mega dy posted:

Half PPR. Who wins?

jesus christ, who do you guys play with?!?!?!

st. brown, no question. robbery.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Docjowles posted:

Yeah when the commissioner blew up one league and I restarted it, I just made trades instant when both parties agree. Said commissioner still runs another league and literally ever single trade is “cmon everyone vote please” or “commish please push trade through”

We’ve never ever ever vetoed a trade in that league, never ever ever get enough people to bother voting on a trade to automatically approve or deny it, and for some reason he won’t loving change it. It annoys me to no end!

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
That trade is robbery.

That’s about as bad as in my league where the LaPorta owner traded for Hock and immediately dropped LaPorta.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

mega dy posted:

Half PPR. Who wins?
Miles Sanders and ARSB is significantly more valuable.

Also, Kamara is in the best shape of his life (it is still his off-season).

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Not sure what to do here. I got Achane off waivers, and have Mostert and Derrick Henry.

I'm in a 2RB/2WR/1flex PPR league.

Would you guys start both Mostert and Achane? I got Achane as Mostert insurance.

Also Derrick Henry would probably be my flex over my WR3 but I'm strongly considering trying to trade him for a good receiver. For reference my receivers are D. Adams, Nacua, D.J. Moore (yuck) - bench is all speculative. So I'd probably start Henry as my flex over Moore if I don't trade him - do you guys think it's premature to try and ship him?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

👌🏻 this close to dropping Fields for Stroud with Richardson on my bench. Maybe after the Fields vs Denver this week.

I dropped Fields for Russ and I'm gonna play him this weekend. I think he'll have a decent game.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

vaginite posted:

Not sure what to do here. I got Achane off waivers, and have Mostert and Derrick Henry.

I'm in a 2RB/2WR/1flex PPR league.

Would you guys start both Mostert and Achane? I got Achane as Mostert insurance.

Also Derrick Henry would probably be my flex over my WR3 but I'm strongly considering trying to trade him for a good receiver. For reference my receivers are D. Adams, Nacua, D.J. Moore (yuck) - bench is all speculative. So I'd probably start Henry as my flex over Moore if I don't trade him - do you guys think it's premature to try and ship him?

This sounds like a good opportunity to trade an RB for a receiver. In PPR I generally want to get a WR in my flex if possible

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

abelwingnut posted:

also, if we're talking deep leagues and you're in a superflex, malik willis should be on your radar.

i just don't see how tennessee can keep going with tannehill for much longer, and willis will run at the very least. i also really do like tennessee's receivers, so...there's good upside there.

again, very, very deep leagues.

As an example, I picked up Willis as a stash in my 14-team Superflex with like six bench spots and an extra flex spot. There's basically nobody on the waiver wire, which makes it an easy stash call for me.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

abelwingnut posted:

also, if we're talking deep leagues and you're in a superflex, malik willis should be on your radar.

i just don't see how tennessee can keep going with tannehill for much longer, and willis will run at the very least. i also really do like tennessee's receivers, so...there's good upside there.

again, very, very deep leagues.

Would they move to Willis over Levis?

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Docjowles posted:

This sounds like a good opportunity to trade an RB for a receiver. In PPR I generally want to get a WR in my flex if possible

Ty - Yeah think I'm gonna just needed someone else to agree with me. I'll probably try and ship Henry but maybe one of the other two depending on what I'm getting.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Poque posted:

Would they move to Willis over Levis?

Levis is the 3rd QB he couldn’t beat out Willis.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
I had 10th waiver priority but out in a claim for Achane and surpassingly got him this week, so my team sits as follows, 12 team .5PPR

QB: Watson / Purdy
RB: Walker III, Kamara, Mostert, Achane, Allgeier
WR: JJ, Waddle, Higgins, Flowers
TE: Kittle
D/ST: Patriots

First time doing FF in like a decade, but feel like I have a decent roster with some upside and protection(Achane, Allgeier). Really only feel like my QBs are weak, wondering if I should try to make a move there or not.

Colts D is available too, could add them right now to replace the pats D.

Any thoughts/advice? I did a lot of fantasy baseball back in the day and have the itch to wheel and deal.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I'm about to drop Dillon for CEH and be happy about it lmao. What a weird season.

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
I traded Garrett Wilson and Kenneth Gainwell for Christian Watson and AJ Dillon back in Week 2. Neither Gainwell or Dillon are on either of our teams anymore 🤣

Still not sure how things will turn out but I still feel a lot more confident about the Pack than the Jets trainwreck.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Grabbed Geno to backup TLaw just in case. Geno has a bye next week so it seems sort of dumb but yeah. I still believe in the blonde haired beautiful knight of Jacksonville, Florida but it never hurts to have a little insurance.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Waivers run in one of my leagues tonight. Still trying to get away from Daniel Jones, trade talks have not gotten anywhere. Thoughts on dropping him for Love, Russ, or Stroud? I don't really have bench space to hold him plus another QB.

Looking at several different sites they all still have Jones ranked highest of those options. But I just loving can't even with this guy anymore. I see no indication the Giants are on the cusp of figuring something out. Are people really going to keep running Dimes out there? I think I need to drop him for my mental health, even if this inevitably sets him off on a run of 30 point games.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Docjowles posted:

Waivers run in one of my leagues tonight. Still trying to get away from Daniel Jones, trade talks have not gotten anywhere. Thoughts on dropping him for Love, Russ, or Stroud? I don't really have bench space to hold him plus another QB.

Looking at several different sites they all still have Jones ranked highest of those options. But I just loving can't even with this guy anymore. I see no indication the Giants are on the cusp of figuring something out. Are people really going to keep running Dimes out there? I think I need to drop him for my mental health, even if this inevitably sets him off on a run of 30 point games.

I dropped D. Jones for J. Love and I'm....loving it.

Anti-Hero posted:

Is Hunter Henry still a start or should I be looking closer at Musgrave?

Really regret not keeping Hock this year!

Got any thoughts on this?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Docjowles posted:

Love has been awesome even without his best receiver Watson healthy. Choose Love!

I wouldn’t be mad about Stroud either. The dude is looking great.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Docjowles posted:

If love is available I’d jump on him straight away tbh

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
I belieeeeevvve….that Love is the answer, I belieeeeeve…Love will find a way.

If the packers haven’t started piping that Blessid Union of Souls banger into the stadium at full blast when Love walks onto the field for a game winning drive, then they are missing out on a great opportunity.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Nice. Managed to snag Purdy off waivers to fill in for Herbert's bye week. They play DAL that week. And their defense doesn't look as formidable as the first two weeks.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Thanks for the sanity check. I was pretty surprised to do a lap of fantasy sites and see him consistently still ranked as a starter (although, shoutout to Chris Harris for ranking Jones right next to Brian Hoyer :lol:)

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I have this sneaking suspicion that Love is gonna end up somewhere like QB 9-12, which isn't bad for a guy getting his first full year at starter but if I want that kind of performance I already have Jared Goff. At the same time I picked up Love off waivers in case Goff flat out sucked but now I don't know which one I'd rather keep.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

DoctaFun posted:

If the packers haven’t started piping that Blessid Union of Souls banger into the stadium at full blast when Love walks onto the field for a game winning drive, then they are missing out on a great opportunity.

Either that or the opening riff of Lovesong for a little more subtle nod.

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
I was just offered Dak and Kendrick Bourne for James cook and Richardson in dynasty..

Um, no. I guess you have to start dialogue somewhere, but that’s kind of insulting.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

E: wrong thread

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Anyone stashing Keaton Mitchell on IR?

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
What's the feeling on Goedert? I picked up LaPorta and I know it's tough to trust rookie TEs but he's looked pretty good, while on the other hand the Eagles passing game is still not quite right. I'll have to drop someone for a kicker by Sunday, and it'll probably have to be either one of those TEs or Tyjae Spears. Am I crazy for thinking of cutting bait on Goedert?

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

DoctaFun posted:

*incredibly long piano solo plays while packers fans weep*

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

VietCampo posted:

Anyone stashing Keaton Mitchell on IR?

I know literally nothing about this dude but hearing him on podcasts as “well if you have nobody on IR sure add him I guess :shrug:

I mean he’s an RB on the Ravens and they are down to the Melvin Gordon plan Z already so why not

I keep trying to stash someone in IR but then players already on my roster get hurt and I have to drop Kyler or whoever again in order to put Waddle or Christian Watson in there. It’s not been a great year for speculative IR holds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
So Lexi Watson flying to the Thursday game is a thing and Christian is gonna play tomorrow barring a setback.

Fire him up boys