Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the letter C?
Despise it.
Loathe it.
Hate it.
Ed Boon's parents were killed by the letter C section of a library and I personally, will not stand for this.
View Results

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

I just got this game on Steam and am making my way through Story Mode. I noticed I'm supposed to be getting customization rewards after each fight, but whenever I back out of Story Mode to look at them, they are not available. DO they unlock after a certain point, or is this a bug?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Will I miss anything exciting from the seasonal content if I wait a few weeks or months to pick this up? Or is it just recolors?

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

bagrada posted:

Will I miss anything exciting from the seasonal content if I wait a few weeks or months to pick this up? Or is it just recolors?

A couple skins that have like smoldering parts on them, otherwise just recolors.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

glitchwraith posted:

I just got this game on Steam and am making my way through Story Mode. I noticed I'm supposed to be getting customization rewards after each fight, but whenever I back out of Story Mode to look at them, they are not available. DO they unlock after a certain point, or is this a bug?

no, i was confused about this too, but i started getting rewards after a certain chapter, i can't remember which one tho. maybe 4 or 5?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Geras is just Too Much Man for me. Watching people play him is nuts, I get absolutely tore up when I try to use.

Reptile is fun, what is his “game plan” so to speak? I’m trying to mix up Force Ball to combo off up, but I find it hard to get an opening.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Geras is just Too Much Man for me. Watching people play him is nuts, I get absolutely tore up when I try to use.

Reptile is fun, what is his “game plan” so to speak? I’m trying to mix up Force Ball to combo off up, but I find it hard to get an opening.

Ive done two things fairly well with him.

1) Scorpion Kameo. The B3,1,3 string is fairly decent mixup with scorpions f-assist. B3,1 f-assist for overhead stagger. B3,1,3 for low mixup. If you do the whole string you can stick a forceball on the end if its blocked for a little more pressure. Its unsafe to do, but it can catch people trying to punish.

2) Motaro Kameo. Punish everything with 1,1, df1. You an neutral teleport on hit of the acid for a combo. I get more damage from this kameo, but its harder to do.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
is there other stuff I should be saving the basic koins for, or should I just dump everything in the shrine? A little gun shy after MK11's Krypt economy haha

also i got some sort of premium kurrency from purchasing the Premium Edition, what's the best way to spend those?

Minidust fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Sep 27, 2023

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

His main mix is his charged B2 and his B3 combo starter but the charged B2 is pretty easy to react to. I posted this earlier in the thread but I like Sub-Zero kameo because if you can get a combo started you can freeze them in the air then go invis and finish with F32 and it sets you up for an invisible 50/50 with the charged B2 and B3 at the perfect range for the B2 to hit and gives you enough time to fully charge it for the popup before the opponent wakes up. F23 4 FK DU4 DF3 F32 is one of the easier ways to set it up. Trying to do invisible at the end of a combo is bunk because it takes too long and they can just wakeup attack to ruin it.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Sep 27, 2023

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I got everything available from the shrine. It just throws a message up saying to check back next season. I also have bought every available seasonal shop item.

I might have played this too much.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Minidust posted:

is there other stuff I should be saving the basic koins for, or should I just dump everything in the shrine? A little gun shy after MK11's Krypt economy haha

also i got some sort of premium kurrency from purchasing the Premium Edition, what's the best way to spend those?

as far as I can tell the different currencies are all exclusive to the shops you can use them on

gold koins are for the shrine
silver koins are for the seasonal shop
dragon krystals or whatever are your real money stand-in for the premium shop

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Minidust posted:

The best way to spend those is to buy mariachi sub zero

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Jerkface posted:

The best way to spend those is to buy mariachi sub zero

I got that and the sindel skin

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1707121037547110449?t=tNnR8fFfMC4ldS5ieUvwZA&s=19

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
Klassic boon W

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Boon is the Best.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

What will I blame my dropped combos on now, Ed?!

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

You really want B3, 1 into [stuff], but the problem is that there is no compelling reason to not be low blocking basically always against Reptile. He has almost no overheads and they don't lead into anything, except Charge B2 which has so many frames of startup that you have to take a number for it, and it doesn't even leave you plus on block... With that in mind, you kinda want a Kameo that either A) threatens an overhead combo start (Scorpion) or B) Lets you 'try' a lot and makes your stuff safe (Goro). The problem with Scorpion is that his overhead startup is reactable, so that'll get you as far 'until people get gud'.

The actual reality of the situation is that Reptile is pretty weak compared to the rest of the cast. He's not the worst character in the game, but he will almost certainly emerge as bottom 5 when the community at large starts to understand what he's doing (or rather, what he *can't* do). So until such a time, mix with fast B2 on oki / B3, and once people figure out what to do against that character, wait for patch notes.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

exquisite tea posted:

What will I blame my dropped combos on now, Ed?!

Wait, people don't blame Raiden or Liu Kang for dropped kombos?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Has there been a solid date announced for when Nedder Realm will be releasing Kombat Pack 1?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

AndyElusive posted:

Has there been a solid date announced for when Nedder Realm will be releasing Kombat Pack 1?

Official release is next year but that should be for when all of the characters have been released and they should be releasing them slowly over time until then.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I wanna wait till my birthday in late October to pick up the game (get as a gift) but I'm concerned with how much the player base might have dwindled by then, especially on PC with no crossplay

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

codo27 posted:

I wanna wait till my birthday in late October to pick up the game (get as a gift) but I'm concerned with how much the player base might have dwindled by then, especially on PC with no crossplay

It's one of the most popular fighting games in the world. They will support it for a few years and people will play it for a few years just like MK11. Hell, KP1 won't even be fully out until next year.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

codo27 posted:

Crossplay is coming.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Regrettable posted:

Official release is next year but that should be for when all of the characters have been released and they should be releasing them slowly over time until then.

wait they're doing the releases one at a time this time around? Didnt they used to just drop everyone at once in the last 4 games they did?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

wait they're doing the releases one at a time this time around? Didnt they used to just drop everyone at once in the last 4 games they did?

Nope.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

codo27 posted:

There were 750 people playing MKX on PC earlier today, if SteamDB can be trusted, and just under 1,500 are playing MK11 on Steam as I write this. You don't have too many concerns on the player base front.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/212Ninjakilla/status/1707221226370793753

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
At that point you're legally required to yell Ultra until you either lose your voice or faint.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

that joker still makes lol

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Hmm, I've played a few Ashrah matches with Sonya and I'm really liking her, too. Super easy combo structure and nice wakeup pressure with her energy rings. Her basic B&B gets almost 40%!

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

TulliusCicero posted:

People have already said this, but Megan Fox is perfectly capable of being a good actress, Jennifer's Body, New Girl etc.

okay haha

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

MID 0.40

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Physical damage: moderate.

Psychological damage: untold.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
That has to be the swaggiest kombo in MK history.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Thing is it's nowhere near even the highest damage combos out there right now.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

exquisite tea posted:

Thing is it's nowhere near even the highest damage combos out there right now.

Yeah but other combos don't have 50 fireballs

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
That combo is intended to make the opponent develop the sheer visceral hatred towards Shang that Liu Kang has.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Romes128 posted:

no, i was confused about this too, but i started getting rewards after a certain chapter, i can't remember which one tho. maybe 4 or 5?

Found the issue. For some reason you have to click a "receive story reward" button in the notifications section of your profile, but that didn't show up for me until the next time I logged in.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Losing every Shang Tsung match by timeout as I watch my fighter get juggled for 90 straight seconds does seem demoralizing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

It only builds like a bar of meter too, so you're not breaking out of that if you didn't see it coming lmao