Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

R.D. Mangles posted:

My snap reaction is that Milwaukee is going to miss Jrue's defense a lot.

Agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Just when we all thought we were out of Da Motherfuckin’ Deal Zone, Woj pulls us back in.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Would like one (1) jrue holiday please

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I should have waited to fill out the SAS poll.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Didn't see that coming

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

This is why I hadn’t done the survey yet.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Hearty lol at Miami, what are they gonna do now

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

phoenix made their team worse for zero return all so milwaukee could get an extra star? lol what on earth

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1707097159731138830

Phoenix cleaned up huh. got a whole bunch of role players.

While I guess the Blazers got Ayton, and whatever they can get in a trade for Jrue in a mentorship season at the deadline.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

morestuff posted:

Did anyone else with Woj/Shams notifications turned on see some kind of phantom four-team deal that got tweeted out and instantly deleted

Yes it said

quote:

Sources: Portland, Toronto and Phoenix have agreed to a four-team trade:

Raptors get: Damian Lillard
Suns: Jusuf Nurkic
Blazers: Deandre Ayton

But ended there. I am guessing there was some confusion.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Nodoze posted:

Hearty lol at Miami, what are they gonna do now

Trade for Jrue

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

I guess they are hoping that Middleton returns to form and Brook Lopez isn't washed this year so they can have a stout frontcourt defense to make up for Lillard

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I am very happy with this trade both for Portland and for Dame (and for Giannis). This is way better than the Miami package holy poo poo.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
A good trade for all?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Pissed we gave up camara, but he probably wasn’t gonna play this year regardless so whatever.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Trade for Jrue

Yeah what the gently caress is Portland going to do with jrue

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Ghost Dog posted:

phoenix made their team worse for zero return all so milwaukee could get an extra star? lol what on earth

Nurkic and Allen are actual rotation guys, even if they aren't great. Little and Keon are probably just guys, but maybe some upside. So you get some depth, but I think they just wanted to part ways with Ayton which I think was probably dumb.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao imagine the conversation Tyler Herro is having with pat riley right now

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Doltos posted:

A good trade for all?

Phoenix pulled the Ayton ripcord early, I think.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

The Suns got a center who isn't going to complain about touches (even if he kinda sucks after all the injuries), and they got the depth they desperately needed. Assuming it wasn't just Monty who hated Ayton, that's a good deal

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I feel like Phoenix and Milwaukee got worse while Portland just made their pick in next year's draft mediocre unless they get insane lottery luck so it's the rare everyone loses three team trade

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

Lockback posted:

Nurkic and Allen are actual rotation guys, even if they aren't great. Little and Keon are probably just guys, but maybe some upside. So you get some depth, but I think they just wanted to part ways with Ayton which I think was probably dumb.

Yeah, I think the Suns came out okay here, if they're in win now mode they need playable guys for Ayton and those are playable guys.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I don't really get why Phoenix is so into Nurkic. He'll play like 50 games max. Ayton still has some shine on him even tho everyone knows he's unhappy. Felt like they could've got something better without being attached to such a blockbuster deal.
Bucks will miss the defense but I guess it keeps Giannis invested for another 2 years.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

nachos posted:

Yeah what the gently caress is Portland going to do with jrue

Trade him to a contender for a 1st

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

What in the absolute gently caress?

I guess Jrue gets flipped to a contender at some point this season, but I'm not really sure where he fits

Also, I'm really glad I didn't fill out my poll yet

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Papercut posted:

Trade him to a contender for a 1st

jrue/maxey backcourt will feed families

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Lmao Miami bumasses

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Lockback posted:

i mean yeah 2 mediocre rotation players for a dude who while soft has been a star is really really bad

i dont even like ayton but they basically want kd to kill himself in the regular season all so they can watch a different center get roasted in the playoffs?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I don't think Jrue moves the needle enough for Miami tbh

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Jrue rules, big fan, but he was struuuuuggling on offense in the playoffs last year.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

big boi posted:

The Suns got a center who isn't going to complain about touches (even if he kinda sucks after all the injuries), and they got the depth they desperately needed. Assuming it wasn't just Monty who hated Ayton, that's a good deal

with the expected playtime of their other top stars phoenix is probably going to need someone who can absorb some touches for the regular season. maybe a large dude who could easily find space to work in the post?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Nurkic may only play 50 games but they won’t have malcontent ayton complaining about touches and playing poo poo defense. And they really like drew eubanks from what I can tell.

Glad they got rid of ayton. He may be ok but both sides need a fresh start. Aside from being a weeny bitch Grayson Allen is a good piece for this roster and I like nurkic with eubanks just fine.

Eratik
Jun 23, 2004

I like your style.
I hoped Toronto would get Dame but I understand that Portland had the opportunity to banish him to a post-Giannis Milwaukee with no picks. You can't pass up that kind of an opportunity for spite.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I actually think Phx does fine out of this if Nurk is healthy for the playoffs (big if). He's a downgrade from Ayton, but Little and Allen can both play so maybe some extra depth for the regular season.

IDK I don't love it for them but I can kinda see it.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Nodoze posted:

I don't think Jrue moves the needle enough for Miami tbh

They need size. Dame would have been nice but at the end when they're against AD or Jokic they'll lose.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Man…. I was hoping for some conclusion and now we have to trade Jrue.

I would laugh if we basically get Miami’s assets sans Herro for Jrue lol.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Lol weird trade for dame

Eratik
Jun 23, 2004

I like your style.
Hi Giannis we hope this shows our commitment to winning. You're good with losing half your touches, right?

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

lmao imagine the conversation Tyler Herro is having with pat riley right now

this has happened every offseason lmao, herro is gonna be the same player for better or worse

it's a pity cronin apparently won't deal with riley because i would absolutely love jrue in miami

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Wat