Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Fireside Nut posted:

... Depending on how much cash they have on hand/need to raise funds/ etc. it makes sense for it to be shorted to hell. But :capitalism: That's my guess on it all, anyways.

Pretty much. Also their management's inability to start getting included in the (Pfizer and Moderna) circle. Investors are losing faith, and if you lose enough faith, sometimes it makes sense to short the stock.

A better malaria vaccine would be good too, but yah, if their management is showing that they can't get product in front of people who want it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

man, i'm just going mrna again if there's zero movement on novavax by the end of the week.

you win, regulatory capture.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
One of my only mask buddies told me 25 members of his family have Covid right now. "But not us, bro. Let's survive." he said.

"Let's survive."

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

weirdly, none of these seven ideas include "filter the air" or "keep kids home when they're sick."

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

VBI might be ready to produce by EOY 2024, let's just hang onto that

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

maybe there are upsides to covid

quote:

AITA for not showering while my bf is sick

Context: my bf has been having a cold since 3 weeks now. I really dislike showering but normally I do shower on a daily basis. Now that he is sick and he cannot smell or taste I have stopped showering… he really dislikes it and refuses to have sex with me or any phycisal contact. I don’t really get why he is bothered by it because he doesn’t smell at all, so what’s the problem?

(stolen from the r/relationships thread)

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
kids in school dot png (two of my best friends, Red M one has a 2ish year old and an infant, other guy has 7 / 5 / 2 year old)

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

See poo poo like that drives me crazy. I remember when having a 'cold' for more than a couple of days is a pretty terrible thing. Nowadays nobody gives a glance for someone who's been sick for weeks

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
yeah and the casual acceptance of just never being well

like, I get the stereotype of kids being little mobile petri dishes but it's out of loving control

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Gunshow Poophole posted:

like, I get the stereotype of kids being little mobile petri dishes but it's out of loving control

we are normalizing it so hard your head will spin

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

Trauts posted:

Coworker got covid. Got told to come back. Had a speech about how he doesn't believe in masks etc but still wore one when he came back and was still symptomatic...for one day. Next day, no mask. Surprise surprise I got covid now. Boss blames me rather than the coworker who he told to come back in, questions why I even tested in the first place, and if I really feel too bad to go work. Dudes a shitbag, and gently caress the coworker for making the effort for one day then just saying gently caress it while knowing you're infectious. God drat America

Ugh, I'm so sorry. People are such unbelievable shitheads, very cool how coworkers and bosses can just legally maim you now.

Go get Paxlovid if you haven't already - your state may or may not have a free telehealth service, but if not, Sesame Care is cheap (~$32 after SESAME20 discount code) and will have a prescription called in to your pharmacy before you're off the phone with them. https://sesamecare.com/medication/paxlovid

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021
COVID totally isn't a workers rights issue though and you're mentally ill if you even suggest that it is.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Why Am I So Tired posted:

COVID totally isn't a workers rights issue though and you're mentally ill if you even suggest that it is.

i cannot believe that people still think about covid as it makes them sick for weeks each year and threatens their ability to remain housed and fed. literal mental illness right there.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
I think I got sick maybe twice a year up until college. It absolutely wasn't constant!

Trauts
May 1, 2010

Ugh, I'm so sorry. People are such unbelievable shitheads, very cool how coworkers and bosses can just legally maim you now.

Go get Paxlovid if you haven't already - your state may or may not have a free telehealth service, but if not, Sesame Care is cheap (~$32 after SESAME20 discount code) and will have a prescription called in to your pharmacy before you're off the phone with them. https://sesamecare.com/medication/paxlovid

Yeah I had thought about that but the op said that it interferes with weed and that's like the one thing keeping me sane right now.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Big shout out to Chapo for normalizing this idea

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Trauts posted:

Yeah I had thought about that but the op said that it interferes with weed and that's like the one thing keeping me sane right now.

Get paxlovid now.

You got a choice on not smoking weed for 5 days, or never being able to smoke weed for the rest of your life if your lungs gets too damaged from Covid.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it just makes your liver unable to metabolize thc

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Trauts posted:

it doesn't "interfere" with weed, it makes your body eliminate THC from your bloodstream more slowly

this is not medical advice and I am not a doctor but if you rely on weed to stay sane the side effect of staying high longer should be encouraging you to get paxlovid now

Trauts
May 1, 2010
Oh. Okay that's cool

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

NeonPunk posted:

See poo poo like that drives me crazy. I remember when having a 'cold' for more than a couple of days is a pretty terrible thing. Nowadays nobody gives a glance for someone who's been sick for weeks

I used to be that person.

My elastomeres ended that, and they'd be worth every cent even without covid just for that... it's also why I am scared pissless of that bug, because I know respiratory poo poo kicks my rear end.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

NeonPunk posted:

Get paxlovid now.

You got a choice on not smoking weed for 5 days, or never being able to smoke weed for the rest of your life if your lungs gets too damaged from Covid.

this, weed is a bad reason to avoid treatment

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Big shout out to Chapo for normalizing this idea

is this so? i kind of dropped off of them after the last dem primary.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Insanite posted:

is this so? i kind of dropped off of them after the last dem primary.

as an armchair spectator, my impression is: bernie getting crushed in the fourth quarter by the whole field collapsing around biden, killed all enthusiasm they had for publicly wading into mainstream politics. their content since is mostly culture war commentary, movie/TV reviews, occasional interviews with labor figures, and jeering at the ridiculous parts of the political world. It's still entertaining if you vibe with their kind of humor but there hasn't been real substance there for a while.

on covid, I don't think they'd outright reject some of the core theses of this thread about the abstract need for an effective public health response, but I think they saw how the political class collectively said "we're not going to care about covid anymore" and concluded "well we can't do poo poo about covid if capital doesn't want to do anything about it, so let's move on to funnier topics".

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Since my kids started school they’ve been healthy for one week in between colds. We also got alerted to a head lice situation in the oldest’s class.

Their doctor has said to us repeatedly “we’re seeing back to back colds, it’s normal”. Except when I was a kid it wasn’t normal?? I never missed much school and wasn’t sick that often.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I had always kinda associated Chapo politically with the group of people that didn't have any theory of change that didn't start with "when Bernie is President--." I don't know if that's actually accurate to them, its just been accurate the people I knew who were the biggest fans of them.

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022
Going to get Corn M'Narty'd today, although there's still time for Walgreens to call and cancel or say wait what updated booster, haven't heard of it, that will be $200 bless

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Death. The capricious dance of Now You Stop Moving Forever.

quote:

KENT, Wash — Over 100 people from Kentridge High School are now recommended to be evaluated for tuberculosis after a school community member was diagnosed with active tuberculosis, according to the Seattle & King County Public Health.

https://twitter.com/KING5Seattle/status/1706890922145829084

Article goes on:

https://www.king5.com/article/news/...a3-675a7907ccc7

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Glumwheels posted:

Since my kids started school they’ve been healthy for one week in between colds. We also got alerted to a head lice situation in the oldest’s class.

Their doctor has said to us repeatedly “we’re seeing back to back colds, it’s normal”. Except when I was a kid it wasn’t normal?? I never missed much school and wasn’t sick that often.

Seriously I was known as Sick Boy forever after the one time I spent a week out of school at the end of the year with double pneumonia, because I had inhaled a piece of plastic and it was lodged in my bronchus.

My folks to this day will tell stories about how I looked like a tiny old man shuffling around for a month as the doctors sorted poo poo out over the summer

And now it's just like, oh yeah Lil Timmy missed most of October 21, a lot of April 22 etc like what the actual gently caress

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

WA state is where the tuberculosis lady went rogue for like a year

huh

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Death. The capricious dance of Now You Stop Moving Forever.
Makes you think.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Zantie posted:

Makes you think.

That's OK, covid makes you do the opposite.

balances it out

RandomBlue has issued a correction as of 19:51 on Sep 27, 2023

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Trauts posted:

The op is a DARE obsessed dipshit who doesn't know what they're talking about. you're fine to smoke weed with paxlovid, just smoke less than normal and see how it goes

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Kent also had the first reported covid cases in North america. what the hell is going on over there

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Glumwheels posted:

I remember getting a rep as a problem sicko in middle school for being out nine days in one year.

I’d really like to see historical data on school attendance—aren’t a huge number of districts now seeing at least a quarter of kids missing 10% or more of the year?

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

The middle school down the block in South Seattle had to be put on remote instruction last year or the year before after a TB case popped up and they had to verify the staffs vaccination status. No, wait, that was Measles. I think the TB thing was a couple years prior to that and they just did contact tracing.

Psycho Society posted:

The op is a DARE obsessed dipshit who doesn't know what they're talking about. you're fine to smoke weed with paxlovid, just smoke less than normal and see how it goes

It took way less weed to get me high while on pax. I didn't mess around with edibles because I did not want to deal with being too high while also sick. My tolerance is pretty high and it took like two hits off a joint to be good.

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran
Getting the new vaccine tonight. How long does it take for immunity to kick in? I'll be safe in the interim and after

CoasterMaster
Aug 13, 2003

The Emperor of the Rides

Nap Ghost

Milosh posted:

Getting the new vaccine tonight. How long does it take for immunity to kick in? I'll be safe in the interim and after

General consensus is 2 weeks from the vaccination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Neil Young has canceled all further potato purchases due to uncertainty about the person handling the produce.