Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Restart Steam.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Restart Steam.

still just csgo for me

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

oh there it is

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

https://twitter.com/counterstrike/status/1707133016345338334?s=46&t=108nlaEXShzkgzjMQccD3g

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

hmm

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
did something happen?

demostars
Apr 8, 2020

ArfJason posted:

did something happen?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
it seems the csgo network is down. i hope they resolve this quick

Tenacious J
Nov 20, 2002

Why does it seem like there's no hype about this game. Isn't CSGO one of the most popular online games still?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
There is a lot of hype

rkd_
Aug 25, 2022

Tenacious J posted:

Why does it seem like there's no hype about this game. Isn't CSGO one of the most popular online games still?

Yes but unless someone is already playing the game I don’t think CS2 would be really hype for them.

Also, if you are already a fan, you’ve most likely been playing the public test for a couple of weeks.

Tenacious J
Nov 20, 2002

I'm in the minority then. I haven't been playing or following CS for years but I want to get in on CS2

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
It's so popular we've had to resort to a wheel of shame in order to keep the masses at bay. Too many people want to play dammit.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Tenacious J posted:

It’s so popular that Valve can whisper sweet nothings into their audiences ears via Twitter and stick a bow on it as far as marketing goes.

At some point in the next 24 hours they’ll stick a banner up on Steam and there will be 48 million concurrent players or something

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
is this "counter strike" mod any good?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Tenacious J posted:

Valve doesn't know how to advertise

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Isn't loving running on the steam deck lol. Valve managed to not test it on the one device they fully control

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

quote:

Added an extra bell in Inferno

GOTY

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Tenacious J posted:

For a game that typically does no numbers on Twitch besides esports, it's getting a lot of traction with the children

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

No tic-tac-toe. Unplayable.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Cs2 is good!

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Steam says this game came out in 2012. happy 11 years of counter strike 2 everyone

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Nam Taf posted:

Isn't loving running on the steam deck lol. Valve managed to not test it on the one device they fully control

Oh good, the one machine I own, lol lmao

rkd_
Aug 25, 2022
Why would anyone ever play this game with a controller though, you’re in for a bad time.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

yeah it doesnt have any aim assist so uh good luck with that

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

I don't seem to be able to equip some weapons from my loadouts; like the M4A4, MP7, and a lot of the other mid-tier weapons like the LMGs. I can certainly apply any skins I have to them, but not equip them

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Have you tried this?

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Grimthwacker posted:

I don't seem to be able to equip some weapons from my loadouts; like the M4A4, MP7, and a lot of the other mid-tier weapons like the LMGs. I can certainly apply any skins I have to them, but not equip them
Apparently you drag the alternative option into the spot. Haven't tried it yet but ran into the same thing and looked it up.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

rkd_ posted:

Why would anyone ever play this game with a controller though, you’re in for a bad time.

I play it with a KB+M on a desktop screen, just using the Deck as the computer since it’s the only one I own.

Anyway, it’s fixed, Valve had the wrong Linux Runtime being used. It’s poo poo performance though, a huge amount of stutters and 30-40 fps at 2560x1440 with lowest graphics settings, whereas CSGO held 60-120 with mostly high settings. I’m hoping this indicates a tonne of low hanging fruit for optimisation given the Linux version is apparently brand new and wasn’t part of the beta?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Push El Burrito posted:

Have you tried this?

I think I'm going to be ill.

rkd_
Aug 25, 2022

Nam Taf posted:

I play it with a KB+M on a desktop screen, just using the Deck as the computer since it’s the only one I own.

Anyway, it’s fixed, Valve had the wrong Linux Runtime being used. It’s poo poo performance though, a huge amount of stutters and 30-40 fps at 2560x1440 with lowest graphics settings, whereas CSGO held 60-120 with mostly high settings. I’m hoping this indicates a tonne of low hanging fruit for optimisation given the Linux version is apparently brand new and wasn’t part of the beta?

Oh I see, this makes sense. I think performance should improve yeah.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Push El Burrito posted:

Have you tried this?

XD

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

what sens should i set my touch screen to

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Psycho Society posted:

Steam says this game came out in 2012. happy 11 years of counter strike 2 everyone

man this feels like yesterday

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Some initial thoughts

-It's good!

-SMGs feel insanely good right now, to a hilarious and annoying extent

-Dualies feel BUSTEd as poo poo and it's also very funny

-Wins aren't being tracked properly? A bunch of us MM'd and it only counted one of our three wins, which sucks given the 10-win requirement for ranking, so I'm hoping that irons itself out

-Overpass still sucks rotten rear end in a top hat

-Galil has improved and feels like an actual, good rifle to use. FAMAS is unfortunately FAILMAS

-This game is very pretty

-New bells in inferno are cool

Can't wait to goonman later this week.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

most likely Skill Issue, but the ak feels weird.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I love the new AK. Something about it is just clicking for me. I also like that when you jump throw your little man says "unf".

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

played a couple casual matches to get a feel for it and enabling that crosshair moves with recoil setting has shown me how terrible my AK spray still is whoops lol. on the other hand i feel like i have a better handle on the AWP? feels way meatier when you fire a shot too. it's sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I think it feels great, but I’m having troubles in 1 on 1 engagements at long range. It feels like I just can’t loving hit them sometimes.

It probably has to do with my aim sucking since I haven’t played more than a couple of games in the past year, so im just complaining about being bad.

And yeah the Galil feels really drat good.

I really like abusing the smoke clearing from HE nades, you can get some quick kills when enemies are setting up behind a smoke and a teammate chucks a nade in.

Tetramin fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Sep 28, 2023