Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Boxturret posted:

Please don't ruin a perfectly good woodchipper.

I know, they need it to make those lovely burgers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
MR. BEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST!

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

lol. "Someone short squeezed your brain" is a top tier :supaburn:.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
its me I bought all the BBBQYQQBBQ

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

I've been watching the BBBY saga for frickin' months and at this point, much like many of the "investors", I'm ready for it to be over.

I get the people holding because their position is worth peanuts now and not worth closing. But the guys who jump through hoops calling their brokers, setting up new accounts with shady trading places (what the hell is Moo Moo) so they can place buy orders STILL, like today, boggle the drat mind.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

Might I suggest breaking off the meme stock talk into its own thread? I'm just here for Bitcoin laughs, the meme stock crowd is too broke-brained even for me.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Just call it GME-coin and it fits right in.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sardonik posted:

Probably just a dead cat bounce.

Dead ape bounce.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Dead ape bounce.

Bounces out for Harambe

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

Might I suggest breaking off the meme stock talk into its own thread? I'm just here for Bitcoin laughs, the meme stock crowd is too broke-brained even for me.

If there is gonna be a meme stock thread AND a bitcoin thread I might never get any work done ever again.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Bounces out for Harambe

DRSes out for Harambe

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

zetamind2000 posted:

DRSes out for Harambe

Slurps out for Harambe

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
Here lies Harambe, Slurped too many juices and died.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
They’re pretty linked, the BBBY/GME crowd is big on how they’ll be the new amazon killer on the blockchain. Somehow.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

Okay sure, I can understand why someone might want to read about blockchain nonsense which has led to one of the biggest bankruptcies in U.S. history and the financial ruin of millions but not a bunch of internet losers who scream at each other about failing company stock.

Here's a new thread.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

mega dy posted:

If there is gonna be a meme stock thread AND a bitcoin thread I might never get any work done ever again.

Well, I'd hope there'd be the same number of combined messages, just split across two threads.

Let's hard fork the Bitcoin laughchain!

Edit: didn't refresh between starting to write this reply and posting it; thanks Ariong for the new thread :)

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

The venn diagram of crypto nerds and superstonk nerds is literally a circle.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Well now there's nothing to talk about

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Collateral Damage posted:

Ehh, not entirely. I get the feeling the stonks lot have a lot of people crypto was too esoteric nerd poo poo for, while stonks are something they think they can understand.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
all coinerz have stonks.

but yeah a ton of stonks is probably just stonks.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

titty_baby_ posted:

Well now there's nothing to talk about

There's the ongoing Bankman-Fried/FTX trial, for starters.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Beavis and Buttcoin

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

BallerBallerDillz posted:

lol. "Someone short squeezed your brain" is a top tier :supaburn:.

MO' rear end is good for buttcoin

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Surpirsed no one has mentioned the latest with the arch-grifter Bitboy Crypto.
We've all heard of rug pulls of the coin, but this is possibly the first rug pull of the grift!

Back Story: Bitboy Crypto is the Jim Cramer of bitcoin and crypto.
He had his own show where he would get money to pimp the latest scam coin, claim its 100% to the moon, and then next week its another scam coin.
He has ruined a lot of other's lives. He also throws out SLAPP lawsuits to anyone who posts against him online, then drops them once threatened back.
He's the ultimate crypto bro, flashing rolexes and a lambo his company rents.
Absolute scumbag.

Current: He has his own company taken away over night from him by his business partner.
All his cards stopped, bills unpaid, left without a nickel. So he takes it like a normal person does.
He begs for $20 for gas, to turn up at the business partner's house trying to doxx him live.
Police turn up, is asked live on his stream who is in the car with him, and he stalls answering as its someone who hes cheating on his wife with.
Then he gets arrested

Here it is all detailed, good laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKkOdFx27mI

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

he should be played by Paul Walter Hauser who is purpose built for these kinds of body builds

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

happyhippy posted:

He begs for $20 for gas, to turn up at the business partner's house trying to doxx him live.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
E: wrong thread

MarksMan
Mar 18, 2001
Nap Ghost
EDIT: Wrong thread

MarksMan fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Sep 28, 2023

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

gently caress it, put it here too, I ain't reading two threads

Collateral Damage posted:

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Have to share this, it's :discourse:

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8MdQhYB/

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

As much as I viscerally dislike reading about the cult stonks crazies, this would be a pretty bare thread when the current crypto news usually amounts discussing the latest rug pull.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

SettingSun posted:

As much as I viscerally dislike reading about the cult stonks crazies, this would be a pretty bare thread when the current crypto news usually amounts discussing the latest rug pull.

SBF's trial starts October 3. We'll have plenty of content then.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

happyhippy posted:

Current: He has his own company taken away over night from him by his business partner.
All his cards stopped, bills unpaid, left without a nickel. So he takes it like a normal person does.
Police turn up, is asked live on his stream who is in the car with him, and he stalls answering as its someone who hes cheating on his wife with.
Then he gets arrested

Wow.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Yeah, can we keep all of the BBBQ stuff here, two threads for the same thing is dumb

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

happyhippy posted:

We've all heard of rug pulls of the coin, but this is possibly the first rug pull of the grift!

He had his own show where he would get money to pimp the latest scam coin, claim its 100% to the moon, and then next week its another scam coin.
He has ruined a lot of other's lives. He also throws out SLAPP lawsuits to anyone who posts against him online, then drops them once threatened back.
Absolute scumbag.

Then he gets arrested

LOL, he reminds me of lotax, his speech his looks, it's all there.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

happyhippy posted:

Absolute scumbag.

Then he gets arrested

If that dude had been born into generational wealth, he would be a Republican member of at least a state house, if not the house of reps

Dude is behaving exactly like they do, only reason he is seeing consequences is because his money is tied up in internet fun bux

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
Is there any energy left in crypto besides the die-hards? Feels like the apes ate their lunch

Edit- what if I minted an nft of that lunch, and

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Slow moving corporations are still integrating crypto in their systems which will keep the spark alive. For example among that big Microsoft leak were plans to integrate crypto wallets into the new Xbox environment.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

Is there any energy left in crypto besides the die-hards? Feels like the apes ate their lunch

Edit- what if I minted an nft of that lunch, and

i think a lot of that energy is no being spent on AI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

SettingSun posted:

Slow moving corporations are still integrating crypto in their systems which will keep the spark alive. For example among that big Microsoft leak were plans to integrate crypto wallets into the new Xbox environment.

I'd be amazed if a lot of that doesn't get scrapped. You're already seeing the walk-back from some of the game companies that had planned NFT bullshit in their games and realize it's not worth the effort.