Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Quite seriously, apart from everything in their platform they plan to ignore, what does Starmer Labour stand for? Like, do they have any expressed principles at all?

Look you simply have to grow up and stop this blue sky leftie thinking about "policies" or "principles" and be one of the sensible adults in the room who is pragmatic and stops playing student politics so we can get the tories out- get up, go home, I'm opposed to what you are posting

*Edit*

alright that's a lovely snipe so.... 1991 I was about six and there was the first gulf war on, nevermind came out (my sister had the poster), soviet union collapsed ending the first cold war (no poster) and cern became the first website (no posting)

DesperateDan fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Sep 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Being as the zeitgeist seems to be just copying poo poo from American culture wars without understanding differences, like with voter ID and anti-green and woke, or returning to the panics of the early 90s like with bad breeds and solvent abuse and wokePC, I can imagine the next thing will be some bullshit appeal towards traditional marriage as a solution to society, forgetting (on purpose) that

quote:

Olga Khazan noted that one line of thinking suggests it’s not that marriage makes people happy; it’s that happy people are more likely to get married. I’d add that because marriage is no longer obligatory, it’s often entered into for happy reasons — that you are in love with a person who seems to be a good fit — and not because, say, you are young and pregnant and your community demands it.

It’s easy to see why the marriage solution is so appealing. Like telling people that it’s their responsibility to address the climate crisis by using paper straws, or advising Black men that they need to pull up their pants and be better fathers, it off-loads the responsibility for broad and systemic reform by tsk-tskingly placing it on individuals and their intimate behaviors.

It's low hanging grubby fruit appealing to the worst kind of divorced dad cultural conservatives, so I can easily imagine that one coming back, possibly even from the Labour side as one of Johnson's actual good achievement's was passing no fault divorce.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/LozzaFox/status/1707121921148538905
https://twitter.com/LozzaFox/status/1707128049504776370

He's totally not bitter. Not bitter at all.

:allears:

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Sep 27, 2023

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

I watched the Day of the Jackal a couple of weeks ago, and there was a moment when I realized through looks alone that the baddie is Fox's dad. Apparently he's a right wing bastard too.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
nice meltdown

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Albinator posted:

I watched the Day of the Jackal a couple of weeks ago, and there was a moment when I realized through looks alone that the baddie is Fox's dad. Apparently he's a right wing bastard too.

That was his uncle.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

By all accounts his sister is supposed to be ok, although she's married / partnered to Richard Ayoade, late of the 'manages not to say anything to get himself in trouble' parish.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Quite seriously, apart from everything in their platform they plan to ignore, what does Starmer Labour stand for? Like, do they have any expressed principles at all?
they have expressed principles in the same sense that a dogs glands need to be expressed

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Sep 27, 2023

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!

Hell yes, thank you for this. Keep em coming

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Am i so out of touch? No, it’s the other reactionaries who are wrong.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

DreddyMatt posted:

Hell yes, thank you for this. Keep em coming

It's beautiful, isn't it? :allears:

I've been giggling, shitposting and reading other peoples shitposts all day on twitter, and it's been loving amazing for my mental health. To see Wootton and Fox fall like this has been amazing. Wootton has the bright sense to stay away from social media since his lawyer written statement, but Fox?.... lmao....

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Fox is in his 'this is victory wine' phase right now.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Where can he even go from here? He's too much of a toxic loudmouth for the wannabe Fox News channel, so no-one else is going to have him.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Russell Brand's co-host on Rumble?

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Where can he even go from here? He's too much of a toxic loudmouth for the wannabe Fox News channel, so no-one else is going to have him.

Musk replyguy.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

The great thing is that he's currently burning so many bridges. Every other far-right grifter will want to keep on the grifting train rather than associate themselves with the loose cannon, so Fox has pretty much destroyed his presenting career. I can see Russell maybe having Fox in as a guest, but that'll be as far as he'll go. He'll milk Fox for as many viewers as he can squeeze then spit him out.

So where does he go from here? He's hosed his presenting and acting careers. His political career is an expensive vanity project that's going to go nowhere.

I guess he could go back to his successful music career

e: Best comment on that vid

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Sep 27, 2023

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guest on the Alex Jones show baybeeeee

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

He's reached the point of actually having no audience and platform, which activates his trap card of being able to show he has been cancelled, which instantly gives him a bunch of even more insane right wing platforms who'll have him on to talk about being cancelled.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I've been canceled by digging this big hole, I keep trying to dig my way out but I'm only getting more canceled!

Goon in a well theory except he just screams that the well is woke.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Fox: "Help! HELP! I'm being cancelled!"
Goons1-4: "Apologise! Climb up and take responsibility!"
Fox: "I'm thinking I should say the n-word, should I?"

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/SaulStaniforth/status/1707024457796116560

.... I have no words....

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

oh good, I was wondering what Former Prime Minister Gordon Brown thought about this

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/AvaSantina/status/1707165269590684106

https://twitter.com/mlothianmclean/status/1707120690996846808

The video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HPaUIHExiE

Moya did brilliantly, and it looks as though another GBaby presenter, Connor Tomlinson might be suspended and also facing a potential defamation suit.

Angepain posted:

oh good, I was wondering what Former Prime Minister Gordon Brown thought about this

It was weird that he was hauled out for this. It indicates that he was bottom of a long list of people who refused to be interviewed.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
This is what happens when children aren't encouraged to develop sociological imagination.

You might as well ask who invented architecture.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I watched the video in full a second time. It's really really good.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Angepain posted:

To be fair, he's somewhat of an expert in giving regrettable opinions about women.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

fuctifino posted:

The video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HPaUIHExiE

Moya did brilliantly, and it looks as though another GBaby presenter, Connor Tomlinson might be suspended and also facing a potential defamation suit.

jesus christ these willfully dense GB News wankers. i'm so glad this important intellectual mind has been given a platform to Just Ask his Questions. Like this is still a win for him he gets to get his shitey talking points out there and pretend he's being shouted down by the wokes.

but of course you have to have a debate when you're discussing news events, those are always helpful ways to explore an issue that are chosen purely because of the format's great ability to help the viewer understand and not because it's cheap and showy and is less time that the people at sky news have to do actual journalism

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Thumbnail giving off very strong chad/virgin meme vibes.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Thumbnail giving off very strong chad/virgin meme vibes.

Check out his Linkedin employment history

He's had 43 positions since 2015

From such beginnings as his summer holiday jobs from school:

He lists everything he's ever done. I've heard of padding out stuff, but that's padded out. But yeah, he's worked alongside some cunts

e: That Moya person is amazing:

https://twitter.com/mlothianmclean/status/1707140575319986309

e2: And with everything else going on, I missed Susan Hall dying live on air https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1706960619788730560

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Sep 28, 2023

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
F*k them:
This is in Peter Oborne's article so I downloaded said document and it is there in b&w:

page 13 of the 2023 LP rule book:

D. Neither the principles of natural justice nor
the provisions of fairness in Chapter 2, Clause
II.8 shall apply to the termination of Party
membership pursuant to Chapter 2, Clauses
I.4.A and C.

Oborne's article:

https://www.middleeasteye.net/opinion/uk-labour-starmer-authoritarianism-alarm-bells-ringing

quote:

UK Labour: Why Starmer's growing authoritarianism should be ringing alarm bells
Peter Oborne , Richard Sanders
26 September 2023 08:23 BST | Last update: 1 day 14 hours ago
Labour leader's purge of the left in his party is deeply disturbing, as is how this intolerance of dissent could shape the way he runs the country

One of my former comrades who has been hanging on to his membership in the misguided belief that you should 'stay and fight' & 'change the party from within' finally hung up his red rosette last week. His particular redline was the PR campaign which he along with many others has been working his socks off getting passed through branch & CLP motions for Starmer just to say 'no debate'.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

wait did starmer actually say any mp joining a picket line would be out of the party? i thought trade unions were an integral part of the party apparatus?

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

lol keep posting through it instead, that'll keep the dignity intact

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

It’s the line “cosplay freedom fighter” that gets me. He is accusing someone else of cosplaying as a freedom fighter, implying that he is in fact the real deal.

What a self aggrandising prick.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
One man's cosplay freedom fighter is another man's masquerade terrorist

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

wait did starmer actually say any mp joining a picket line would be out of the party? i thought trade unions were an integral part of the party apparatus?

Out of the shadow cabinet, not the party

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Scientastic posted:

It’s the line “cosplay freedom fighter” that gets me. He is accusing someone else of cosplaying as a freedom fighter, implying that he is in fact the real deal.

What a self aggrandising prick.

It's the superbly Trumpian "tears in their eyes" shite for me

https://twitter.com/Streettough/status/1707280746916803052?t=MEe6hKmswJphVnyevz1lQg&s=19

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Guavanaut posted:

You might as well ask who invented architecture.

Is it this guy?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

At the bottom of the escalator, staring into my phone, and the people behind me say “keep going! We’re behind you! Stop tweeting and get on the steps, whoever the gently caress you are”

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I regret to inform you that the trains have gone woke

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

It's woke train world, Wilson!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

I just saw some ad on TV for a new drama called 'Partygate' and it reminded me how there's such a strong current in the culture of the UK that people should not be enjoying themselves.