Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

MorningMoon posted:

Uncle Ben looking down from heaven, seeing Peter use his powers to get revenge on a bully and make some cash and fame off it.

I don’t think Ben would have been against using his powers for his own benefit. Just be responsible, like if he can help someone he should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

What the hell kind of sport is that in the Bugle?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Murdstone posted:

What the hell kind of sport is that in the Bugle?

it looks like amateur homunculus building??

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Step 1: put a pair of dungarees on a tree. Nice pair of 501s, maybe.
Step 2: wrestle the tree

I am genuinely shocked that MJ's outfit makes more sense in the daily strip over the Sunday
Though working out in flats still seems silly, at least
And doing pilates to the news also seems weird

And also Peter helped save Jameson at a restaurant
Swung from, I dunno, lets say Manhattan to Queens
And JJJ is already on the news
The sky is kinda shaded and what I assume is the moon is in one of the panels before he swings in, so I'm assuming this is dinner in the winter months, so JJJ is doing a 10pm news broadcast maybe
It's all very silly

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

Would grease really do anything? Doc Ock's tentacles aren't clinging to handholds, they're straight-up embedding themselves into the brick wall (and he mentioned as much in an earlier strip).

Also yes, what is Peter trying to prove with this fight? Doc Ock hasn't done anything notable since he was released from prison, so as far as anyone knows Pete is just trying to murder an old man who was paroled.

Heck, even Pete doesn't know for sure that it was Doc Ock trying to frame him, he just got word that he was being suspected for armed robbery and immediately jumped to 'I bet it's the guy loving my aunt' with no real evidence for that reasoning.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

they created a bastard that can no-sell weapon spots, my god...

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"Why does Jameson want to talk about Mysterio?" :thunk:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i guess it is time for the pinkerton strips that didn't age well.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

MorningMoon posted:

they created a bastard that can no-sell weapon spots, my god...

"Now we shall use this miracle of modern science to... win professional wrestling matches!"

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

This about gave me a stroke, That's the big plan?!

I don't even know what else to say.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
Is there a strip missing? There wasn't any confession in the previous one.

Looking at the dates, the grease trap one was 3-7 and this one is 3-10, so yeah, there may be a couple missing.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Step 1: Confront Ock on the side of a building
Step 2: A can of grease
Step 3: ????
Step 4: Use Ock's confession to blackmail him now that he's trapped.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

I really hope we get to see Spidey explain this "confession" to the cops.

"You see officer, I told him that I would drop him to his death if he didn't admit to framing me, and he admitted it!"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

When this arc is said and done, I'll probably go back and compile every panel of Peter walking on his wife's walls.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Inadequately posted:

Is there a strip missing? There wasn't any confession in the previous one.

Looking at the dates, the grease trap one was 3-7 and this one is 3-10, so yeah, there may be a couple missing.
Sundays are always missing from the scans(that'd be 3/8), but I did just kinda forget to post 3/9 in here.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That.... that wouldn't hold up in court, Peter. In fact it's a crime. You're committing a crime!

I mean, he's a vigilante, he's ALWAYS committing crimes, but this one is particularly heinous!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Jerusalem posted:

That.... that wouldn't hold up in court, Peter. In fact it's a crime. You're committing a crime!

I mean, he's a vigilante, he's ALWAYS committing crimes, but this one is particularly heinous!

JJJ was right???????

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Especially since there are hundreds of witnesses watching him extracting the confession under duress

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

:frogbon:

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Jerusalem posted:

Court? This thing wouldn't even get the dignity of getting laughed out of court. The worse thing Spider-Man could do is actually hand this thing over.

Spidey has a literal child's understanding of the legal system.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Ikasuhito posted:

"Now we shall use this miracle of modern science to... win professional wrestling matches!"

I've been staring at this arc for so long now that I kinda forgot how dumb this underground experiment is

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

MorningMoon posted:

I've been staring at this arc for so long now that I kinda forgot how dumb this underground experiment is

Iron Mike over here is going to rob the wrestling club, and spider man is going to just let him go because "hey, I'm not the REAL spider man," before finding out that his inaction caused the murder of a resurrected uncle Ben.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ikasuhito posted:

Great joke, haha, that would be so ridiculous :lol:

:chanpop:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

First the New York City wrestling championship, then...the WORLD.

I'm gonna be away for a few days so here's a week of strips.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

If it isn't my arch-nemesis, a truck

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dude: Turn on the TV, I'm hoping they'll show footage of the story I just heard on the radio about Spider-Man being a loving loser!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

here's carl, i mean, destructo, he has 0 mic skills, is very unsafe to work with, and he is the best ever

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I like that Peter apparently immediately figured out the one dude was a zombie but THAT isn't what is bothering him, he's trying to figure out why his Spider-Sense would be triggered by this woman who is in control of a zombie!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

What a dumb arc and what a dumb conclusion.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

So I know he said he's going to give the (coerced! In front of witnesses!) confession to police and clear his own (badly framed) name after Otto leaves, but then... they'll report on the news that Doc Ock was behind the robbery, and May will assume he was lying to her anyway and it'll break her heart regardless!

The only way this makes ANY sense is if she has no idea that Otto was Doc Ock, but he openly used his tentacles around her without a care in the world so.... I....

Ikasuhito posted:

What a dumb arc and what a dumb conclusion.

:yeah:

Uncle Moley was clearly the superior choice all along.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I've been blown out by dating partners with some really lovely excuses over the years, but this? This is something else. Wow...

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Jerusalem posted:

they'll report on the news that Doc Ock was behind the robbery, and May will assume he was lying to her anyway and it'll break her heart regardless!

May doesn't read or watch the news, for fear of catching a glimpse of that awful Spider-man!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
In the original comics Ock convinced her early on that everything with him being a criminal is a misunderstanding, he was only trying to stop that awful Spider-Man.

May actually defends Ock from Spidey with a gun. Shortly after police arrive and arrest Ock. She talks with him, tells Peter he doesn’t need her but Ock does and stays at Ock’s house to take care of it while he is in jail.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

May: Peter, I can see you crawling from the window. Get in here and stop blackmailing Octavius!

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
A daily letter? Holy crap if anyone I know sent me a paper letter in the mail every day I'd move away with no forwarding address :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

FAPPO!