Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

roomtone posted:

I just saw some ad on TV for a new drama called 'Partygate' and it reminded me how there's such a strong current in the culture of the UK that people should not be enjoying themselves.

Are you in the UK? This is about everyone being in Lockdown but the PM & various other No. 10 people partying through covid including the night before Her Maj buried her husband.

Say what you like about Brenda, but at least she showed some leadership regarding what many people were going through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Really feel that picture should be plastered on billboards during the next election. Really rub it in the faces of the flag shagging paedophiles who vote tory.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Yeah. Must of been tough, stuck in one of her several palaces.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
It was Boris going:

There were no parties.
There was one party, that I was never at.
There was one party that I was at but only for a few seconds.
There was one party that I was at for most of it.
There were multiple parties, that I never went to.
There were multiple parties that I went to.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Having to put her husband to rest completely isolated because it was the right thing to do to protect the public health and the perception that no-one was above the rules, while Boris and co were getting wankered and grabby hours beforehand...

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Watch out everyone the professional point-misser has logged on

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The telly news channels are going big on knife crime and bringing back stop search this morning, loving mental.

Like, it's a tragedy and all but London's murder rate isn't exactly NYC in the '70s

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

None of them mentioning the graun's pretty good investigation about gangs sending their guys into prisons as guards to facilitate drug smuggling? https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/sep/27/organised-crime-gangs-uk-sending-recruits-to-train-as-prison-officers-union-warns

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Sanford posted:

Watch out everyone the professional point-misser has logged on

You found the queen's "leadership" valuable during the pandemic. Fair enough. I didn't.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Major outbreak of royal-hugging on this page, lol britane

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

None of them mentioning the graun's pretty good investigation about gangs sending their guys into prisons as guards to facilitate drug smuggling? https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/sep/27/organised-crime-gangs-uk-sending-recruits-to-train-as-prison-officers-union-warns

No, just that we need to lock up all the ethnics and probably one of the call-ins featuring someone demanding hanging being brought back. I'll be honest, I was just skipping through the channels before ending up watching wrestling from May

I did catch someone on Talk TV with a Northern Irish accent insisting that what we need is religion to help bridge divides and I did a real "wait, what the actual gently caress?" Reaction

Al Jazeera were the only one not going on about it, their top story was the wedding in Iraq where they set off fireworks indoors and the building went on fire, leaving over 100 dead.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Lockdown might have been easier on Her Maj, but losing a loved one is the same for everyone, rich or poor.

I can tell you something now that I was legally bound not to say at the time: recruitment for Operation Unicorn, the plan for handling the Queen's death should it occur at her Scottish estate, was put in motion immediately after Philip's funeral. Nobody thought she'd last forever, but he was her rock and when he died it was anticipated that she wouldn't survive him more than a few months.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

Nah just that an old lady, even the most privileged one basically in history, losing a loved one, even the most racist in history, is still gonna be emotionally hard on her.

Doesn't mean I respect bigears as king.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
gently caress the queen glad she's dead, hope the rest follow swiftly in a king ralph scenario.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

forkboy84 posted:

The telly news channels are going big on knife crime and bringing back stop search this morning, loving mental.

Like, it's a tragedy and all but London's murder rate isn't exactly NYC in the '70s
NYC also famously had a former mayor apologize on live TV for stop and search, calling it a waste of police time and public money and serving only to widen community divides and decrease trust, but we will learn nothing.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tesseraction posted:

Nah just that an old lady, even the most privileged one basically in history, losing a loved one, even the most racist in history, is still gonna be emotionally hard on her.

Doesn't mean I respect bigears as king.

keep punching joe posted:

gently caress the queen glad she's dead, hope the rest follow swiftly in a king ralph scenario.

Just imagine a Drake No/Drake Yes meme with these 2 posts

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

"Page 92 is not a page on which I shall look back with undiluted pleasure. In the words of one of my more sympathetic correspondents, it has turned out to be an annus horribilis."

- Queen Elizabeth II :britain:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The only royalty Drake respects is Prince Andrew.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

didn't need to know about her horrible anus tbh

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
You can acknowledge that the royals suck, that the queen personally sucked, and also that he attending the funeral of her husband and rock completely alone must have been very painful and, on a more relevant note, makes boris and the partygate people
look really really bad in comparison. For all it may have been terribly misplaced and misdirected, Brenda clearly felt some sense of duty in a way our current crop of politicians don’t.

Lemurtron
Aug 3, 2017

Tesseraction posted:

Really feel that picture should be plastered on billboards during the next election. Really rub it in the faces of the flag shagging paedophiles who vote tory.

My mum had to attend my dad's cremation with only me and my partner in attendance, all masked, literally while Boris and co were getting over their hangovers from one of their lockdown boozeups.

This same woman later went on to opine (even after the Partygate details were revealed) that they should bring Boris back, because there is no bottom to the depths of mind poisoning this country's media does.

Besides, this is all well and truly memory-holed now, along with the far more heinous complete bungling of the covid response itself. The inquiry is still ongoing, not that anyone would know because it's dropped completely out of the news, and we all know what the end result will be (Lessons learned, a few wrists slapped).

Speaking of which MiL has had her booster, ~80 and diabetic so pretty near the top for vulnerability. Got the exact same Pfizer BA4/5 bivalent the rest of us got. I have no loving idea what the intention is with this season's booster vaccination programme and there is next to no information out there. I think it's noteworthy that when asked no pharmacist has given the exact vaccine name, the patient leaflet about it or anything other than vague "It's the latest one".

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

How do you think she died?

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

It was on fire.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

But I was told she died of ligma...

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Skull Servant posted:

How do you think she died?
Wes Streeting shot her while Liz Truss was attempting to assassinate her but slipping on infinite banana skins in the hallway instead.

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!

forkboy84 posted:

Al Jazeera were the only one not going on about it, their top story was the wedding in Iraq where they set off fireworks indoors and the building went on fire, leaving over 100 dead.

Makes a change from drone strikes causing 100 deaths at a wedding

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Does anyone want to see Aunty Donna: The Magical Dead Cat Tour this weekend? I’ve got two e-tickets available as we can’t make it:

Saturday, 30th September at 7:30pm
London Eventim Apollo, Hammersmith
Stalls Row C seats next to each other

We were asking for £100 for the tickets but I’m very open to offers, wouldn’t want the seats going empty.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Is anyone from UKMT going to watch the Black Sabbath ballet in Brum? Opens today & runs until 21st October apparently. I believe Richard Thomas who was involved with Jerry Springer The Opera is involved

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

forkboy84 posted:

Is anyone from UKMT going to watch the Black Sabbath ballet in Brum? Opens today & runs until 21st October apparently. I believe Richard Thomas who was involved with Jerry Springer The Opera is involved

I'm not but a friend is.

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

It sold out before I found out about it :(

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

killerwhat posted:

It sold out before I found out about it :(

Ah, drat shame. At least the Sabs are getting the love they deserve

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
*Peter Kay voice*
Black Sabbath?
Ballet?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

smellmycheese posted:

I regret to inform you that the trains have gone woke

Yes, bite the bullet Rishi

So when is this election so we can just get this pantomime over with?

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Sep 28, 2023

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lol

https://twitter.com/kevinaschofield/status/1707320206236979443?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Tesseraction posted:

Having to put her husband to rest completely isolated because it was the right thing to do to protect the public health and the perception that no-one was above the rules, while Boris and co were getting wankered and grabby hours beforehand...
I've been thinking a lot about how the Tories were unable to enforce lockdown because one of their own MPs was snapped coming out of Pret without a mask and they refused to punish him in any meaningful way, and also how that MP is now PM.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The Tories really were loving worthless in the pandemic, it's a miracle we're only as hosed as we are.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Tesseraction posted:

The Tories really are loving worthless in the pandemic, it's a miracle we're only as hosed as we are.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I'm a huge fan of Moya

https://twitter.com/mlothianmclean/status/1707336923121877378
https://twitter.com/mlothianmclean/status/1707340297011683606

e: This is going viral. The biggest suspects are local landowners who were upset about tourists taking photos of the tree from their land :(

https://twitter.com/davidrvetter/status/1707328600926548070

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Sep 28, 2023

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

fuctifino posted:

]

e: This is going viral. The biggest suspects are local landowners who were upset about tourists taking photos of the tree from their land :(

https://twitter.com/davidrvetter/status/1707328600926548070

gently caress sake. That should be them done. Everything taken away. Rest of life in prison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

meanwhile auntie is controlling the speech of presenters because Gary Lineker hurt the nazi's feelings https://www.theguardian.com/media/2023/sep/28/bbc-updates-lineker-clause-to-restrict-presenters-airing-political-views