Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
https://twitter.com/ohlode/status/1706396279360598429

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

I'm taking care of a cat for the foreseeable future, which is a bit odd because I've been a dog person at heart, but she's a very good cat all the same:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
What I'm hearing is she's found her forever home, OP.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

This is the best thing ever.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

What a darling, I hope she got pets and pats after the pictures were taken.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Oh my god the way they hold each other when they get scared

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Here's the full video from the Smithsonian Channel on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-jcuKT0P0o

They have lots of good orangutan content like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTtsHKKb-CI

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Hempuli posted:

I'm taking care of a cat for the foreseeable future, which is a bit odd because I've been a dog person at heart, but she's a very good cat all the same:

Oh god is that a tortie? I always wanted one. Hows the legendary 'tortie-tude'?

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

feedmyleg posted:

What about beneath the chin? Anything interesting going on down there?

Also sof

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Is she aware she is a Good Dog and/or Good Girl?

I keep telling her but she disagrees

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk

mystes posted:

It looks like pancake batter

This is what we call "premade pancakes".

Just ask Goons With Spoons. They love that stuff.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
A goon accidentally wound up with guinea piglets.

https://i.imgur.com/iFfrcZb.mp4

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
I can't believe there's no sound. Guinea pigs are messy animals, and their most redeeming trait is that they're furballs that make an adorable sound.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
When my wife was obsessed with Animal crossing on switch, the guinie pigs became to associate her quitting the game with being fed (as she would quit, feed them, then go to bed). So the save and exit tune would make them kick off in a chorus of loud excited squeeks.

(No audio cos it's just me talking to them like their people)
https://i.imgur.com/zJ7KmYc.mp4

Mega Comrade has a new favorite as of 14:47 on Sep 27, 2023

vanquished boner
Mar 11, 2013

https://x.com/papanikki1/status/1705872043286446363?s=20

edit: the welcome home dance :kimchi:
https://twitter.com/e04YzWsyH4zNMis/status/1707015025175781719

vanquished boner has a new favorite as of 18:39 on Sep 27, 2023

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mega Comrade posted:

When my wife was obsessed with Animal crossing on switch, the guinie pigs became to associate her quitting the game with being fed (as she would quit, feed them, then go to bed). So the save and exit tune would make them kick off in a chorus of loud excited squeeks.

(No audio cos it's just me talking to them like their people)
https://i.imgur.com/zJ7KmYc.mp4

When I was a kid, our pair of piggies learned the sounds of the fridge opening or rustling plastic meant VEGGIES!! :byodood::byodood:

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

When I was a kid, our pair of piggies learned the sounds of the fridge opening or rustling plastic meant VEGGIES!! :byodood::byodood:

Yeah they know that one too.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/SHL0MS/status/1705711510192861483

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
When I was a kid, my guinea pig really liked Star Trek: TOS, and would sing along to the sirens whenever the enterprise got attacked

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
I noticed my temporarily-relocated server seemed closer to my chair than it was earlier in the day....

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug

PurpleXVI posted:

I can't believe there's no sound. Guinea pigs are messy animals, and their most redeeming trait is that they're furballs that make an adorable sound.

I haven't had a guinea pig for almost 25 years but I can hear the sounds perfectly.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
https://i.imgur.com/Zwn8kyn.mp4

mystes
May 31, 2006

this is animal abuse

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Give that Good Boy some ice cream!

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

BaronVonVaderham posted:

I noticed my temporarily-relocated server seemed closer to my chair than it was earlier in the day....

Well yeah what's a cat warmer good for if it's not in a good cat-warming position?

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

BaronVonVaderham posted:

I believe that server is no longer temporarily relocated.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What I'm hearing is she's found her forever home, OP.
Quite probable! But the outcome doesn't depend entirely on me so we'll see how things shake out.

PurpleXVI posted:

What a darling, I hope she got pets and pats after the pictures were taken.
I'm sure she did, she doesn't meow much but chirps a lot and does so especially when coming for head rubs or scritches (and I'm pretty sure this photo was taken during such a time). Also it feels like she's baking biscuits all the time.

Blackchamber posted:

Oh god is that a tortie? I always wanted one. Hows the legendary 'tortie-tude'?
Is that a thing? I don't really know my Cat Lore. She's extremely sweet, lets me scritch her tummy at times and generally just wants to chill and get headrubs and scritches and sometimes treats. She's a double-rescue by now so I don't know if she's purebreed or such, though.

Also had a husky visiting yesterday:

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Hempuli posted:

Is that a thing? I don't really know my Cat Lore. She's extremely sweet, lets me scritch her tummy at times and generally just wants to chill and get headrubs and scritches and sometimes treats. She's a double-rescue by now so I don't know if she's purebreed or such, though.

In the same way as orange cats are reputed as being incredible sweet dummies, tortoiseshell girls have a reputation of being incredibly sweet, but also being smart and somewhat needy.

At least that's how all the torties I've met have been, absolutely the sweetest girls, but you are not allowed to ignore them for even a moment if they believe it is attention time. Mrow, chirp, pat pat pat you on the arm, bunt bunt bunt, notice me, pet me and so on. I think it's great.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

PurpleXVI posted:

In the same way as orange cats are reputed as being incredible sweet dummies, tortoiseshell girls have a reputation of being incredibly sweet, but also being smart and somewhat needy.

At least that's how all the torties I've met have been, absolutely the sweetest girls, but you are not allowed to ignore them for even a moment if they believe it is attention time. Mrow, chirp, pat pat pat you on the arm, bunt bunt bunt, notice me, pet me and so on. I think it's great.

And black cats?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Jippa posted:

And black cats?

People just like them. No stereotypes.

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer

Some top-shelf groaking here. Love it.

skyelevator
Apr 12, 2020

PurpleXVI posted:

I house sat for someone a while back and they had a tortie that was very suspicious of me until I fed her, then did not leave my side for the rest of the time I was there. Just constant *pat pat excuse me scritches please*.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Calexio posted:

Some top-shelf groaking here. Love it.

that's a new one for the ol' vocabulary.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

PurpleXVI posted:

Really curious, are there any rumors about Persian Blues (grey cats)?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Pan Dulce posted:

None as far as I know, but then again I don't know anyone who owns any grey cats.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

Pan Dulce posted:

I heard they all need lots of pets and scritches.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

PurpleXVI posted:

None as far as I know, but then again I don't know anyone who owns any grey cats.

that's it then, grey cats murder their owners so you never hear from them

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

The stereotype about grey cats is that there are no stereotypes about grey cats

EDIT: Have some more Vilma

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Yeah. My grey cat is really cuddly with me, but wants to murder my husband, so both those are approximately right.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

BaronVonVaderham posted:

My friend's three polydactyl cats used to cooperate to push one of his speakers closer to the stereo so they could jump on top of the stereo to be warm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
The place to go for enriched owls.

https://twitter.com/foxfeather/status/1707418637840097783?s=20