Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

So this is where we institute like for like punishments on the landlords right?

*pulls starter on chainsaw*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Their punishment should be being forced to watch Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Guavanaut posted:

Their punishment should be being forced to watch Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves

That's no punishment Robin Hood: Prince of Theives owns.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Men in tights is better tbh

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Christ that's miserable shite, that tree was worth more to the planet than that woeful cunts wot did it.

E: I like Prince Of Thieves a lot, it's very silly

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
It's bad to treat humans with disrespect but treating nature with disrespect is like spitting in your mum's face. How could you do that

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I saw Costner hood in the cinema with my grandma and she bollocked my mum for letting us see such an awful inappropriate film for children.

Always been a fave

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Rickman is great in in, and Freeman gets to spend a lot of scenes raising his eyebrows at the primitive Christains, theres an evil witch, what's not to love.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

What's the current thinking on energy tariffs? I'm usually extremely dubious about flexible rates but thinking it could be a reasonable choice this time if wholesale prices might really be going down?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It feels like a lot of the fixed price deals at the moment are opportunistically overpriced to prey specifically on the people who are terrified that their bills might double again and are willing to pay well over the odds to hedge against it. I realise that’s literally the point and always has been on the fixed tariffs, but they feel even moreso right now given recent events.

I’m gonna sit on a variable for a while yet, myself.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Failed Imagineer posted:

Christ that's miserable shite, that tree was worth more to the planet than that woeful cunts wot did it.
I'm not having a great day anyway, but finding out some stupid oval office cut down a tree thats been there for hundreds of years and likely would have been there for hundreds more if not for said oval office, is not improving things.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I saw Costner hood in the cinema with my grandma and she bollocked my mum for letting us see such an awful inappropriate film for children.

Always been a fave

This is like when we were 7 my friend's religious family took us to the cinema where we watched Wayne's World. We all thought it was a hoot, they were horrified by this filthy film was rated PG.

keep punching joe posted:

Rickman is great in in, and Freeman gets to spend a lot of scenes raising his eyebrows at the primitive Christains, theres an evil witch, what's not to love.

The song OP. It is impossible to separate the movie from that loving song, which I can't even say the name of or I'll have a wretched earworm for days

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

TACD posted:

What's the current thinking on energy tariffs? I'm usually extremely dubious about flexible rates but thinking it could be a reasonable choice this time if wholesale prices might really be going down?

When i consulted the thread about a month ago there seemed to be a general consensus that yeah, variable is best right now. I think there's going to be some sort of gov intervention in around April to bring rates down further? So you don't wanna be sitting on a fixed.

My fixed tariff ended a week ago so I'll do a trip report when the first variable bill comes in. Exciting!!! *is a middle class dad*

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah I'm suspicious how keen they are for me to go on a fixed tariff now compared to when they were first available but prices were lower.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

forkboy84 posted:

The song OP. It is impossible to separate the movie from that loving song, which I can't even say the name of or I'll have a wretched earworm for days

Song soft-pops pretty hard. If you stuck a massive donk on it you could bang that in the club tonight

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Of course, this already exists on youtube.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

fuctifino posted:

I guess the evening coke is kicking in
https://twitter.com/LozzaFox/status/1707100041985339878

He's really not taking this well :allears:

they’re so silent they won’t even vote for him in case the pen makes a noise on the paper

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Julio Cruz posted:

they’re so silent they won’t even vote for him in case the pen makes a noise on the paper

There are some trolls who are even claiming that this silent majority only exists in his cocaine fuelled head

I love that he's actively amplifying his shame like this:
https://twitter.com/LozzaFox/status/1707355806964887933

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

My favourite thing about Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves and Robin Hood: Men in Tights was they had to have a subtitle because there was that other Robin Hood movie in 1991.

You know, the one with Patrick Bergin and Uma Thurman. The one you had memory-holed up until now.

Still a shame about that tree.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Failed Imagineer posted:

Song soft-pops pretty hard. If you stuck a massive donk on it you could bang that in the club tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOg-6BHxv1I&t=78s

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Told ye

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Failed Imagineer posted:

This used to get regular airplay on GBS-FM. It's easily the worst version of that song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zKIzT6CEbU

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

BBC posted:

Mail Online has terminated Dan Wootton's contract, a day after he was suspended from his GB News show over the Laurence Fox row.

A spokesperson for DMG Media said "following events this week" Wootton's freelance contract had been terminated.

:newlol:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

"it was fine when you were abusing gay men, but we draw the line at defaming top totty"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Dan Woottoff

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

dans le sacked

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
I'm kinda surprised by this. I just expected GB news to pretend to care, some appology and then continue like nothing happened.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s gonna cost them money if/when OFCOM start swinging their giant regulatory dick around about it and that’s the only reason anything is happening

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Microplastics posted:

When i consulted the thread about a month ago there seemed to be a general consensus that yeah, variable is best right now. I think there's going to be some sort of gov intervention in around April to bring rates down further? So you don't wanna be sitting on a fixed.

My fixed tariff ended a week ago so I'll do a trip report when the first variable bill comes in. Exciting!!! *is a middle class dad*

It's just so bloody hard to find out what the caps on price / kWh are - I've looked on ofgem site and all they bang on about is the 'energy price cap for a typical household' which I ain't!
I wish they would give a big obvious link showing what those rates / kWh are.

I fixed mine for the next 12 months starting in October and it means my average monthly cost (based on the last 3 years of readings) is going up by £15 of which half is down to the increase in standing charge. (My increase is over the fix I made 2 years ago). From what I've read, the cap is expected to go up in January and maybe down again in April. £15 a month I can bear.

GBNews:

I wonder if their apparent sudden acquisition of 'values' etc is because for the past few months they've been dancing that line between claiming to be a News channel while Ofcom have them down as an Entertainment channel? If they are edging towards being recognized as News then there's a whole load of regs etc to follow that an Entertainment channel doesn't have to (so I believe without spending an hour on google).

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Sep 28, 2023

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

A local man and woman whose ages appear to match the new owners have been arrested in the wonky pub arson case. Get hosed

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

NotJustANumber99 posted:

A local man and woman whose ages appear to match the new owners have been arrested in the wonky pub arson case. Get hosed

Stake them out across that newly cut down tree at Hadrian's Wall as a sacrifice to the old gods. :black101:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/rockmeamadeus6/status/1707399781495030059

:toot:

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Wooton cancelled by the filthy wokerati at the , erm, Daily Mail

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

quote:

Laurence Fox appearance sparks 7,300 complaints

He also opened his mouth.

Seriously though, if OFCOM did receive more complaints than people who were actually watching is there any danger of it being dismissed as bandwagoning?

RDevz
Dec 7, 2002

Wasn't me Guv

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

It's just so bloody hard to find out what the caps on price / kWh are - I've looked on ofgem site and all they bang on about is the 'energy price cap for a typical household' which I ain't!
I wish they would give a big obvious link showing what those rates / kWh are.

There isn’t directly a cap on price on p/kWh. The caps are on what a bill would be at a nil usage rate and at a standard consumption rate, and as long as those two data points are met, energy companies can fiddle with the standing charge and unit rate to their hearts’ content.

This is the page you want, at the top of the “subsidiary documents” list.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
The perpetrator was a wee bam

\/\/ Rickman undestood trash and exactly what was required to elevate it

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

keep punching joe posted:

The funniest thing about that film was all the other actors taking it super-seriously, then Rickman's stealing every scene carrying on like a pantomime villain in a Christmas production.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Umbra Dubium posted:

He also opened his mouth.

Seriously though, if OFCOM did receive more complaints than people who were actually watching is there any danger of it being dismissed as bandwagoning?

I would assume that the argument of "woke leftists are attempting to cancel us - we got 7,200 complaints and only had 50 viewers" isn't going to be that impressive.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Also, why the gently caress did Robin Hood's dad not just go back inside the castle, bar the gate and wake the servants when those hooded assassins turned up at the start of the film??? Aargh, I'm getting angry about it thinking about it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

loving knew teen-agers had been a mistake