Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Will this release be the final episodes? I’d say “season” but Netflix is very weird about how they categorize those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Pants Donkey posted:

Will this release be the final episodes? I’d say “season” but Netflix is very weird about how they categorize those.

Sonic Prime was originally announced as 24 episodes and we’ve gotten 16 so far. So yes, barring the announcement of a sequel or something this is the end of it

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Sep 27, 2023

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

Oxyclean posted:

Does anyone have mods for SADX/Sonic Adventure 2 that are fun/worth getting ? Been tempted to revisit them.

e: Live and Learn slaps so loving hard. Been watching the WayneradioTv Sonic Adventure streams and god the vibes are bringing me back to highschool when I thought this poo poo was so hype.

SA2 has a Randomizer that'll mix up level order and which characters play each level (including a pool of Multiplayer characters and a ton of custom models as well)

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
The last Frontiers update is supposed to drop today. Not sure what time, though.

acetcx
Jul 21, 2011

ZZT the Fifth posted:

The last Frontiers update is supposed to drop today. Not sure what time, though.

People seem to think around 5pm pacific 8pm eastern based on this tweet:

https://twitter.com/moq_46/status/1706821393915253240

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

acetcx posted:

People seem to think around 5pm pacific 8pm eastern based on this tweet:

https://twitter.com/moq_46/status/1706821393915253240

Fffffuck. I have Pathfinder at that time tonight. Guess I'm not checking it out until after work tomorrow. :(

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

ZZT the Fifth posted:

This is also the one I’ve been looking forward to the most. I’ll be curious how the multiple character thing is gonna work (it sort of sounds like a Cannon’s Core/End Of The World scenario where you switch off at various points)

Based on the trailer on the previous page the last stretch of Prime looks good too, weird they didn’t give us a release date though

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
https://twitter.com/IanFlynnBKC/status/1707395859363569739

Yeah, probably maybe 8PM EST.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I wonder how much of the post-launch frontiers content was stuff that was planned to be in the game but abandoned for release date.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So that confirms this is basically a "Last Story" mode for Frontiers (or at least an alternate ending)

Also based on the picture it seems Tails will use some kind of gun when you play as him, not sure how I feel about that

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Larryb posted:

Also based on the picture it seems Tails will use some kind of gun when you play as him, not sure how I feel about that

Looks similar to the arm cannon he had in Sonic Battle I think, and if so then I’m alright with (bonus points if they have dialogue for the reference too, as Frontiers is pretty open about that).

Edit: ok maybe not that close, but I can dream!

Ventana fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Sep 28, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ventana posted:

Looks similar to the arm cannon he had in Sonic Battle I think, and if so then I’m alright with (bonus points if they have dialogue for the reference too, as Frontiers is pretty open about that).

Edit: ok maybe not that close, but I can dream!

I would have liked if they went full Megaman buster cannon like in Battle but this isn't bad. I'll be curious to see how the trio play in this game

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1707424932119142708

Definitely 8pm, probably.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Edit: Nevermind

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Sep 28, 2023

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
click the play button on mine

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Oh gently caress yeah, Tails gets his mech from SA2 back

MorningMoon posted:

lmao

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MorningMoon posted:

Whoops, didn’t realize it was a trailer. Nevermind

New characters look good, I like Amy’s tarot card motorcycle and the return of Tails’ SA2 mech

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

DanielCross posted:

SA2 has a Randomizer that'll mix up level order and which characters play each level (including a pool of Multiplayer characters and a ton of custom models as well)

This sounds awesome

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Oh, y'all had me worried for a second, thought Tails was gonna be locked in his mech but it looks like it's just part of his moveset.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

DanielCross posted:

Looks like they both have randomizers, and SA2 is in the multi-game randomizer Archipelago.
https://www.debigare.com/randomizers/

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I'm here for sonic frontier update
Where is it!!

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Updating now

8.4GB

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I’m here
Downloading the dlc for these new frontiers

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also am I not remembering something or was that a new vocal song I heard in the trailer (seems there will be some new Cyberspace levels as well going by Sonic’s portion)?

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Lmfao Cocos with backpacks. Continuing the trend of not even trying to hide how hard they ripped off BotW, except now for TotK

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Did I just forget how to wall run or is that not a thing Amy has at the start?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I won’t be in a position to play it for a few more days but how is the DLC chapter set up out of curiosity? Is it a Cannon’s Core/End of the World style situation where you swap between different characters at various points in the story?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Larryb posted:

I won’t be in a position to play it for a few more days but how is the DLC chapter set up out of curiosity? Is it a Cannon’s Core/End of the World style situation where you swap between different characters at various points in the story?

Just started, but so far you find a teleport ring that's been placed on the East end of the island, activate it, and start a separate story mode with its own save files and everything. It's started me off as Amy.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Flytrap posted:

Just started, but so far you find a teleport ring that's been placed on the East end of the island, activate it, and start a separate story mode with its own save files and everything. It's started me off as Amy.

Ah, I was thinking it would have been a separate option on the menu or something. So which island is it on and is the ring easy to locate?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Larryb posted:

Ah, I was thinking it would have been a separate option on the menu or something. So which island is it on and is the ring easy to locate?

Ouranos Island, on the bottom right chunk of the map. It's in a little outcropping on the upper right of that island and marked on the map as 3 swirling dots. I already had that part of the map uncovered so I don't know if it shows on a blank map.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I haven't played since launch so I'm learning all the controls again

Lol at Amy's Ayuuuuhuuu whenever she triple jumps and the camera tries to keep up with her

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Good lord the Starfall+ is no joke

Went from level 2 combat/defense to 98 in a single go

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Do Tails, Amy, and Knuckles have to unlock new skills like Sonic or do they have their full trees filled in from the getgo? Also can they enter Cyberspace levels at all

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Knuckles has a way to get infinite height. Glad to see the Boom Knuckles glitch has a successor. :allears:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

amigolupus posted:

Knuckles has a way to get infinite height. Glad to see the Boom Knuckles glitch has a successor. :allears:

I'm intrigued, how does this one work?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Larryb posted:

I'm intrigued, how does this one work?

https://twitter.com/Proto_arts/status/1707580451009814970

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Oh my god it’s almost the exact same method as Sonic Boom too, that’s hilarious

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Vinylshadow posted:

Good lord the Starfall+ is no joke

Went from level 2 combat/defense to 98 in a single go

you're gonna need it, these upgraded mini-bosses are no joke

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Augus posted:

you're gonna need it, these upgraded mini-bosses are no joke

Yep, that's how I learned that you need to unlock basic attacks, cyloop, and parrying

Which is kind of a dick move, devs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Oh god why does the glide control with relative steering instead of absolute direction?