Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Endorph posted:

Ohhhh.

The game had a big delay cause of covid so they probably had time to build up a bunch of characters. We'll start getting reruns soon probably.
I hope so. I'm not a big fan of this current pattern where they keep making characters playable in the same patch they're introduced, and therefore have to announce them like two months before they appear in-game at all to preempt beta leaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

The leaks are intentional

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

FractalSandwich posted:

I hope so. I'm not a big fan of this current pattern where they keep making characters playable in the same patch they're introduced, and therefore have to announce them like two months before they appear in-game at all to preempt beta leaks.

So far at least they've been good about introducing 5* characters in the story well before they become playable (well, other than Seele because she was on the launch banner). It's only 4 stars who show up out of nowhere on the banners. Although I suppose that'll change next patch with Topaz.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Clarste posted:

So far at least they've been good about introducing 5* characters in the story well before they become playable (well, other than Seele because she was on the launch banner). It's only 4 stars who show up out of nowhere on the banners. Although I suppose that'll change next patch with Topaz.
I guess I don't know about Argenti, but I definitely assumed Huohuo won't be in appearing in 1.4, given that the story left us standing on the Express literally seconds away from leaving the Luofu, and it would be very silly for us to arrive at our destination only to immediately start hanging out with someone new from the Luofu there. I guess she could be in a companion mission, though.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Futaba Anzu posted:

The leaks are intentional

The way to tell when they aren't is when the lawsuits start flying

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Clarste posted:

Even then I don’t think any gacha characters have been dropped without at least some flavor text about them already in the game, like a light cone or simulated universe event or backstory for another character.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

:hai:

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

the loving truth

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

we will never get more QQ content because working hard to create it is not what she would ever want the developers to do

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

I don't think Qingque has any problem with other people working hard, especially if it benefits her.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

We already experienced the Qingque companion quest in the Artisan commission when Qingque got us to do her job and then left the quest.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

What stats y'all rocking on Fu Xuan?

I'm sitting on 7600HP and 2066DEF and she still seems quite squishy on hard content like difficulty 4 Deer. All my relics are maxed and have reasonable substats (Relic Rater: A), although I could always swap from speed boots to HP or DEF.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

It's not a companion quest until we can invite her to slack off on the express :colbert:

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
got Swarm V abundance down, still not really sure how dewdrop works mechanically, but killed the boss pretty fast.

Just have Hunt, Elation, Propagation left.

how do I get the hidden trails up unlocked

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011

GateOfD posted:

got Swarm V abundance down, still not really sure how dewdrop works mechanically, but killed the boss pretty fast.

Just have Hunt, Elation, Propagation left.

how do I get the hidden trails up unlocked

At the end of each phase where you choose an option that’s associated with a path. You need to select 20 of each corresponding path.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
they all been struck at 16 forever, looks like I need to unlock the ??? on the trails and clear them which all gives +4 to each path.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Mile'ionaha posted:

I'm sitting on 7600HP and 2066DEF and she still seems quite squishy on hard content like difficulty 4 Deer. All my relics are maxed and have reasonable substats (Relic Rater: A), although I could always swap from speed boots to HP or DEF.
My stats are a little lower than that, and I haven't had any trouble. That's with Texture of Memories S5. If anything, non-Speed boots will make things worse, since it hurts her energy generation, and if it's Flamboyant Gore that's killing you, that's more of a DPS issue. Maybe you just had a bad run?

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011

GateOfD posted:

they all been struck at 16 forever, looks like I need to unlock the ??? on the trails and clear them which all gives +4 to each path.

Right this is what I mean. You need to select these options 20 times for each path to unlock the ??? Ones.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

BearPlayingGuitar posted:

Right this is what I mean. You need to select these options 20 times for each path to unlock the ??? Ones.

And be aware that hunt is the hardest to get because there's only 5 options for it. Period. So if you see a hunt option, always pick it.

You'll probably eventually still need to cheese difficulty 1 with the list of which 5 vignettes it can show up on (noting that the vignettes start with 1, 4, or 7 and the next plane will have the continuation 2, or 5 or 8 etc) to finish the hidden hunt goal.

This chart has them all.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

BearPlayingGuitar posted:

Also the path-specific choices during Occurrence/Reward events count too. Like if you're using The Hunt and get the triple trotter event and pick the top option

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
and i just have to guess how far I'm near each one because there's no counter for it in-game..

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

GateOfD posted:

and i just have to guess how far I'm near each one because there's no counter for it in-game..

Just stop picking them when you unlock the bonus. It's not like there's partial credit or anything.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Hunt has a lot of occurrence special gold options, which helps. The drawback is that you need to play hunt.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I finished Swarm V Preservation yesterday thanks to March 7th. She was already somewhat leveled, so I leveled her the rest of the way, bought some trace materials from the embers shop, and had her borrow Fireblazer's gear. I figured I'd test how she did there and I ended up winning. I kind of wish I'd leveled her sooner! I just need to get her A6 trace and an EHR chest. I should probably replace fireblazer's gear too in case I have to use them for a story thing.

Now I only have Propagation left. I'm using it as an excuse to finish leveling Qingque, who is currently level 60 with traces done to that ascension level. I got Qingque's E4 from this month's shop which will be nice.

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

And be aware that hunt is the hardest to get because there's only 5 options for it. Period. So if you see a hunt option, always pick it.

You'll probably eventually still need to cheese difficulty 1 with the list of which 5 vignettes it can show up on (noting that the vignettes start with 1, 4, or 7 and the next plane will have the continuation 2, or 5 or 8 etc) to finish the hidden hunt goal.

This chart has them all.

Thanks for this ! I’ve only just started working on knocking these out so this’ll be good for reference.

I only have the preservation one for now.

Also on my last difficulty V run, finished up elation and preservation yesterday. I’ve just got propogation to go and hopefully that won’t take me too long.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Propogation is very, very easy as long as you're using a character with enhanced basic attacks. Blade, Dragon Dan, Qingque. You'll do blinding amounts of damage very quickly.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Mile'ionaha posted:

I have not run into any situation where she is the first to go down. Like I said upthread, she's soaked a full 5-bug swarm boss ult on Difficulty 5 before.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

None of my 5 star Fu relics rolled hp% :argh:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

get some more

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

I've had my Fu die first, but she's still a bit undergeared. Then again, it turns out that taking 300% (100% of her own hit plus 65%x3) of a big boss AOE is pretty deadly.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I somehow just noticed these gloves. :aaaaa:

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

no speed? eh

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Shinji2015 posted:

Yeah, for the most part I've made my peace with it. Itto from Genshin is the only real casualty of that limitation, if only because his whole character screams "big thick slab of himbo meat," but aside from him I don't think there's any other character so far that should have been a buff dude.

The real downside is that if we can't get buff dudes, then there's absolutely no shot of getting like a fat person or a non-humanoid

They're doing a non-standard model in Zenless Zone Zero (https://zenless.hoyoverse.com/en-us/character/detail?id=102852) so it's possible that we may see more variation backported eventually.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Please add a weird playable alien to this sci fi game mihoyo thank you

I’ll take more robots too

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Tatsuta Age posted:

no speed? eh

Yeah, they're pretty mid. Right now, they're glued to Sushang until I get around to farming a Physical set. They might never come off.

Also, I had to synthesize 13 pairs of boots to get 1 set of speed boots for Bronya, but at least now she's in full Messenger set. I just need another pair for Tingyun, and then I can start farming for Lynx.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Walla posted:

I somehow just noticed these gloves. :aaaaa:

Getting a piece with one fat roll is always good. Those are the pieces you want to have when the other slots have met your minimum requirements, and you just want to stack the gently caress out of something. Good gloves imo

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
someone got hunt swarm V down pretty easy even though it was the most random set of blessings ever

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

El Burbo posted:

Please add a weird playable alien to this sci fi game mihoyo thank you

I’ll take more robots too

I would also accept a Space Bear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
elation too random for me