Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I have some optimism they can strike twice with Hazbin Hotel. The pilot was a tad rough but there were some good bits in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

KORNOLOGY posted:

To binge or not to binge

i kinda hope its staggered but probably binge in a day or two.

Shindragon posted:

I have some optimism they can strike twice with Hazbin Hotel. The pilot was a tad rough but there were some good bits in it.

yeah. helluva boss pilot is super rough and put me off the show until episode 2. i think the show will be solid at least.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Hell yeah :unsmith:

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
Vivienne Madrano and Brandon Rogers being beasties is very emotes to me

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Brandon Rogers seems especially excited to be playing Blitzo. Like I'm sure all the VAs enjoy their characters but it seems on a different level with him.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I need to see another livestream with both Brandon and Richard. They always seem so psyched to be there and the energy in contagious

Rewatched OOPS last night. Super good episode. No notes. The loving Fizz song is so drat funny

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Oct 1, 2023

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
Theater Kidz

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Of course Hell would be full of and run by theatre kids.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I wonder how much Cherri's going to come up, the Addict video made me way more interested in her character.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006

Pyrotoad posted:

I wonder how much Cherri's going to come up, the Addict video made me way more interested in her character.

It's a Joan Jett song about sadness.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/HazbinHotel/status/1713288773885419820

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Just came to post that lol

Also, holy poo poo Stephanie Beatriz :eyepop:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Specific casting:

Charlie: Erika Henningsen
Vaggie: Stephanie Beatriz
Alastor: Amir Talai
Angel Dust: Blake Roman
Husk: Keith David
Niffty: Kimiko Glenn
Sir Pentious: Alex Brightman
Vox: Christian Borrell
Valentino: Joel Perez

Keith David as Husk is the only one I'm kind of unsure about. Keith David is obviously great, but not really the voice I expecting coming out of Husk, especially knowing the voice he has in the pilot.

I do like that Alex Brightman is just fully on board with these shows.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I'm always happy to see Alex Brightman in a thing

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Specific casting:

Charlie: Erika Henningsen
Vaggie: Stephanie Beatriz
Alastor: Amir Talai
Angel Dust: Blake Roman
Husk: Keith David
Niffty: Kimiko Glenn
Sir Pentious: Alex Brightman
Vox: Christian Borrell
Valentino: Joel Perez

Keith David as Husk is the only one I'm kind of unsure about. Keith David is obviously great, but not really the voice I expecting coming out of Husk, especially knowing the voice he has in the pilot.

I do like that Alex Brightman is just fully on board with these shows.

yeah i am curious about alastor actor too but i am sure he will be fine too, its kinda weird seeing a weird pilot thing get picked up and now getting pushed as amazon flagship thing. i feel like keith david is just gonna do a gruffer spawn voice, which i am cool with.

also cool thing, i think its staggered release i believe so its not just gonna binged, s

Happy Landfill posted:

I'm always happy to see Alex Brightman in a thing

what are they also in?

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Alex plays Fizz in Helluva

(And is also Broadway’s own Beetlejuice)

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I'm mostly familiar with Brightman from Bettlejuice and the School of Rock Musical. He's a real talented guy and I was super stoked to recognize his voice in Helluva

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Nikumatic posted:

Alex plays Fizz in Helluva

(And is also Broadway’s own Beetlejuice)

ok now i reconize him. yeah he will be great.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Incidentally, the Teen Titans Go episode with BJ rules because it’s Brightman voicing him, but he’s written as kind of a synthesis of movie, musical, and cartoon.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I'm realizing the once voice they haven't announced is Adam, that golden and white angel. They haven't shown very much of him, but the promo art for him has a guitar. I'm going to make a crazy prediction now:

Adam is going to be voiced by Jack Black

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

I feel like keith david will do just fine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIB7KcT3eWo

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That was vastly improved over the pilot wow. Sure only one minute but alot of improvement and lettng the scenes transitions well instead of going all over the place.

I cannot wait.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
saw that cast list and thought "amir who" but yeah this seems like a pretty obvious fit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BveEANV5CtA

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

saw that cast list and thought "amir who" but yeah this seems like a pretty obvious fit

ok yeah there we go.

Shindragon posted:

That was vastly improved over the pilot wow. Sure only one minute but alot of improvement and lettng the scenes transitions well instead of going all over the place.

I cannot wait.

i think helluva boss gave them alot of practice to a degree, obviously not the same team but its interesting.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Is it a completely new cast from the pilot?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

MJeff posted:

Is it a completely new cast from the pilot?

i believe so. which makes sense sadly. i think when you become amazon animation flagship stuff you can't have newgrounds actors and stuff.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

Speaking of

https://twitter.com/kaymaldo/status/1713292024609116398?s=20

Cool poo poo! I seriously can't wait to see this in full

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
More Frozen than Frozen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1MT8GZ3c-E

:allears:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Happy Landfill posted:

Speaking of

https://twitter.com/kaymaldo/status/1713292024609116398?s=20

Cool poo poo! I seriously can't wait to see this in full

i do kinda love how all of this came from like weird dumb ideas and comics she did in high school and college and now she has big flagship show for amazon. good for her and her teams.

i will say i like most of the designs more now. espcially vaggie. i didnt really get what her design was in the pilot. now its ton better.

so will the first episode just be a redone version of the pilot?

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

A couple tweets up in that thread she says the first ep will be like a Pilot 2.0--it continues the story of the pilot without necessarily being a retread.

Man, I wish you could just buy individual episodes of Amazon Prime exclusives, separate from having a sub (unless you can and I'm just dumb). Trying to figure out what I'm going to do when the show premiers.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i will say i like most of the designs more now. espcially vaggie. i didnt really get what her design was in the pilot. now its ton better.

Yeah I bounced off the pilot because a lot of the time I literally had no idea what I was looking at. It's why it took me so long to check out Helluva Boss.

But I take the pilot as a 'proof of concept' and they've learned from Helluva Boss and these new designs look great.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Stephanie Beatriz huh?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Happy Landfill posted:

A couple tweets up in that thread she says the first ep will be like a Pilot 2.0--it continues the story of the pilot without necessarily being a retread.

Man, I wish you could just buy individual episodes of Amazon Prime exclusives, separate from having a sub (unless you can and I'm just dumb). Trying to figure out what I'm going to do when the show premiers.

i have prime mostly to get poo poo slightly cheaper so this is bonus. plus the pbs documetary channel for 4 bucks a month.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Yeah I bounced off the pilot because a lot of the time I literally had no idea what I was looking at. It's why it took me so long to check out Helluva Boss.

But I take the pilot as a 'proof of concept' and they've learned from Helluva Boss and these new designs look great.

yeah. its why helluva boss clicked with me more because their are "base" designs for that various species and poo poo. its not just "everyone is wacky and random and messy looking" hazbin seems to have clicked with that too which is nice.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The main issue with the Hazbin pilot was that it ends where it should have started, with them having a backer and attempting to kick-start the hotel with a difficult client to work on. Instead it introduces the basic concept then busies itself with a side cast doing things that largely don't matter (given that Sir Pentious gets immediately wrecked when he turns up at the end, and none of the specifics of what Angel Dust does particularly matter), while the primary duo spend the entire time failing to achieve anything much at all. So starting afterwards is a very good call.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

The main issue with the Hazbin pilot was that it ends where it should have started, with them having a backer and attempting to kick-start the hotel with a difficult client to work on. Instead it introduces the basic concept then busies itself with a side cast doing things that largely don't matter (given that Sir Pentious gets immediately wrecked when he turns up at the end, and none of the specifics of what Angel Dust does particularly matter), while the primary duo spend the entire time failing to achieve anything much at all. So starting afterwards is a very good call.

yeah. i feel like the pilots both hazbin and helluva boss were kinda rough as gently caress. Helluva boss only picked up after episode 2 for me because i was sorta worried it was just gonna be kinda hosed up office type comedy which wouldnt be awful but wouldnt be great.

also i guess these are getting made.
https://twitter.com/youtooz/status/1713264010693358055
never liked these things, but id by a stolas maybe depending on how good or bad they look.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Hoping against hope they are one of the rare ones that don't have have the stupid eyes

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Hoping against hope they are one of the rare ones that don't have have the stupid eyes

same. I hate funko poo poo and that stuff so much. like just give me a mini version of the thing, not your dumb hack version of it. gently caress thats why i commisioned them instead, more exspensive but least they dont look like poo poo.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Get your ipods ready

https://twitter.com/TheCartoonBase/status/1715129216474227110?s=20

Edit: Also, it's apparently a national holiday today. All rise

https://twitter.com/VivziePop/status/1715132004310597639?s=20

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Oct 20, 2023

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
it will never stop being weird hearing Horvitz talk normally

Adbot