Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Schilling’s also been constantly retweeting anti-Semitic and racist poo poo all week, so airing someone’s cancer diagnosis without their consent is almost tame for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

howe_sam posted:

Schilling you absolute preening rear end in a top hat. Stay the gently caress away from the reunions next year.

https://twitter.com/CatherinVaritek/status/1707396629681058174

Tatsuta Age posted:

it's crazy how you'd think that there could never be a bigger baseball fucker in our generation than Aubrey Huff but then Shilling just keeps getting worse and worse

https://twitter.com/SchmendrikLamar/status/1707405185075589344

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Maybe people should not use X since it’s literally a Nazi information outlet

Red
Apr 15, 2003

euphronius posted:

Maybe people should not use X since it’s literally a Nazi information outlet

It also outs Nazis.

https://twitter.com/gehrig38/status/1706399737841160672

"It's okay to own a ton of Nazi stuff because 'we' won. Idiot!"

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I like how he's like "i don't even know if he wants me to share this, but gently caress it."

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Schillings nazi collection was infamous back in the 90s even when he was on the Phillies

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

gonna clinch today

i can feel it

been to O's playoff games in 97, 2012, and 2014

would love to add a WS to that list of O's playoff series I've been to

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I'm kinda surprised Schilling was at the '83/'93 pregame alumni honoring event the Phillies had last month. Thought he'd be toxic enough by now not to invite but nope!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He’s probably second to Carlton in terms of bad opinions so I guess they just kind of look the other way

Red
Apr 15, 2003

euphronius posted:

He’s probably second to Carlton in terms of bad opinions so I guess they just kind of look the other way

When Carlton gets in the booth, he just makes lovely political jokes that the regular announcers ignore, which I guess is the overall SOP for hosting these idiots

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
I like how his profile pic is the USMC, for all his years of service :911:

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
if you're going to have nazi stuff you need to get it the right way like my first gen italian american grandfather did, as an infantryman who did looting in germany during WW2. then he died and we threw it out because gently caress nazis and we don't want that poo poo

Bregor
May 31, 2013

:hmmyes:

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Bregor posted:

I like how his profile pic is the USMC, for all his years of service :911:

They didn’t fight his preferred side so there’s no conflict. It’s like having an AL team and NL team.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Red posted:

https://twitter.com/RandomMagazines/status/1707236524809466098

Curt Schilling: No idea if Tim Wakefield wanted this to be public, but he has brain cancer and I'm the first to break the news, let's pray to Jebus

I feel bad about Tim Wakefield.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/globechadfinn/status/1707432533632209226?s=46

red sox released a statement

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Doug Mirabelli: Curt Schilling seems to make good life decisions, surely sharing intimate health information about my good friend Tim Wakefield will have no consequences.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Just amazing that they had to release a statement to dunk on Schilling

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If you are going to post xs can you make sure they are readable. Or not whatever.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Red posted:

It also outs Nazis.

https://twitter.com/gehrig38/status/1706399737841160672

"It's okay to own a ton of Nazi stuff because 'we' won. Idiot!"

I've never seen Schilling and Anthony Cumia in the same room.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

Just amazing that they had to release a statement to dunk on Schilling

I feel bad for the PR/alumni staffer that had to call Wakefield's family and ask if they wanted them to deal with this bullshit so they can be left alone as much as possible. The "how much do you want me to say?" Convo can't be fun, especially if they knew it wasn't one the family wanted to have.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/OptaSTATS/status/1707275738875863162?t=x1t4ac3rVvgRukRQpKrWPw&s=19

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

This is what happens when you have a bad bullpen

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Honestly shocked the Rangers didn’t manage to do that this year

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

#thatscub

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
The Padres were in Arizona for their 2001 reunion and Don Orsillo tried to bring Schilling into the booth and thank goodness the inning ended.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

those godamn yankees won their 81st game last night so they will NOT finish below .500 this year, for shame

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I'm in disbelief that the Phillies' bullpen didn't also accomplish this

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo

bawfuls posted:

those godamn yankees won their 81st game last night so they will NOT finish below .500 this year, for shame

This past week or so has been a land of contrasts.

I wanted the Yanks to lose games Cole didn't start because gently caress Cashman and Hal.
I wanted the Yanks to lose to Toronto to put more distance between Toronto and the Astros in the WC hunt.

BUT

I wanted the young guys to start hitting so there's some degree of hope for the future.
I find the idea of sweeping Toronto at home and causing them to stumble into the playoffs hilarious.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I know everyone is highly invested in the Twins' chase for the #2 seed in the AL so here is the single scenario where that works out

Twins win out to finish 89-73
Mariners sweep the Rangers, both teams finish 89-73
Houston loses at least two games to the Diamondbacks to finish with 74 or 75 losses.

Texas would still win the tiebreak vs Seattle in this scenario because they are currently 8-1 on the season, and then as the division winner they would lose the tiebreak with Minnesota.

If Houston gets into the tie mix then Seattle wins the division because they would have the highest combined winning percentage against the other two teams, and Minnesota loses the tiebreaker with Seattle.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Do they still do game 163 tie-breakers?

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

Red posted:

No. They determine tiebreakers by whichever team has won more games/series over the other throughout the year.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Red posted:

Nope, tiebreaker goes to the team that won the season series.

e:f,b

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Red posted:

Nope, new CBA changed that

Red
Apr 15, 2003

That's what I thought, thanks!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Braves fan at work saw me and apologized for the last two games, lmao. Told him it has literally nothing to do with Atlanta, this is just how it is for my team #thatscub

Then a Phillies fan saw me and said, "I don't care about the last two games, you got this." I am going to channel his positivity and say that starting tonight the Cubs are BACK

BACK I tell you

Bregor fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Sep 28, 2023

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
easy for him to say, with his team of DHs in the playoffs and Our Beefy Lad hitting bombs for them

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Bregor posted:

I am going to channel his positivity and say that starting tonight the Cubs are BACK

BACK I tell you

Stroman should absolutely beat Smith-Shawver but the Cub bullpen is gonna have to hold one of these

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

elentar posted:

Stroman should absolutely beat Smith-Shawver but the Cub bullpen is gonna have to hold one of these

The most frustrating thing is that the starters have done phenomenal and the bullpen completely undermines it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I feel fortunate I was able to attend last night’s Braves game, and it felt even better having dansby’s brother sitting behind me. Seemed like a nice guy, kept a notepad to jot plays down for some reason though.