Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

that follow recoil setting is something ive always been kind of pissy about. the crosshair should be where your gun is aiming not just the center of the screen
so that setting's cool. will also help me with my recoil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incorrect Username
Feb 21, 2011
Very late to CS in general (only started regularly playing this year lol) but something about the gunplay in CS2 seems so much better. Like when I miss shots it's easier to tell what's happening, where it felt more spray-and-pray for a noob like me on CSGO.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

this rubberbanding is making counter strafing impossible. is anyone else having this problem or is my pc just poo poo

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
No rubberbanding for me, except sometimes when I bump into a teammate sometimes there’s a little weirdness, nothing that actually affects anything.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i updated my nvidia drivers and made a firewall rule for it and now it seems to be fine

RATS!
Dec 23, 2008

Anybody mess with the new audio options?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
I appreciate that CS2 now follows whatever my default audio device is instead of having it's own weird selector.

Lets me switch between headset and speakers via my other macros.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
Played my first couple matches with the new build, seems solid enough but I've noticed that the new smoke/flame effects (when nearby) murder my framerate. It's likely my GPU (4GB 1050 TI) but are there any settings or ini tweaks to specifically lower the quality of those effects further? Particles are already set to lowest. Runs perfectly fine in any other circumstance.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

The Joe Man posted:

Played my first couple matches with the new build, seems solid enough but I've noticed that the new smoke/flame effects (when nearby) murder my framerate. It's likely my GPU (4GB 1050 TI) but are there any settings or ini tweaks to specifically lower the quality of those effects further? Particles are already set to lowest. Runs perfectly fine in any other circumstance.
I have also been getting some issues with stuttering at random with my 5700XT, didn't have these hiccups in the beta. Hopefully the next set of drivers will address things.

The skins in CS2 now look more similar to the CSGO versions, at least when it comes to wear. Some older skins have fared pretty well though, skins from old map collections that are lowish float seem to look better. But Valve will may change that.

Also lol at putting Mirage, Vertigo, Ancient and Overpass in the same casual map pool.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
Not releasing any new content is very smart. Whens the last time the counter-strike community had a good reaction to any new content

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Explain to me how Dual Berettas aren't better than the P250 at apparently the same price now. This is the first time I've used them like, at all, and they seem really busted now.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Dualies have always been good

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

The Joe Man posted:

Try dropping down ambient occlusion. I think I read somewhere that that's part of what tanks FPS with flames?

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

ilmucche posted:

Always buy the meme weapons, dualies, P90, nova, auto sniper, etc.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Push El Burrito posted:

I also like that when you jump throw your little man says "unf".

I like to imagine the agents have aged alongside the game and have bad knees/backs too. They're just like us.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Grimthwacker posted:

Explain to me how Dual Berettas aren't better than the P250 at apparently the same price now.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The dualies don't have the Franklin skin. I put a weed sticker on mine.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Just fired this up.

Got 3 kills and 3 assists as part of the losing team so.. lol. I'm back, baby.

I'm playing on Steam Deck (docked with M&KB, I'm not a total loon). It's definitely not "right". For a start there's no sound, although I know that's a known thing with a fix for now. Gameplay wise it just doesn't feel right either. Feels very sluggish. Tinkering with the graphics does nothing to improve things. I know some people are complaining about the game feel compared to GO but I don't think it's that. The game just isn't ready for playing on anything other than a PC yet, I don't think.

Infernot
Jul 17, 2015

"A short night wakes me from a dream that seemed so long."
Grimey Drawer

hbag posted:

i updated my nvidia drivers and made a firewall rule for it and now it seems to be fine

Did you just make an outbound rule for CS2 as a program?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Turns out successfully killing enemies in CS2 feels extremely good.

Everyone on my server was mad about cl_showfps 1 being the most atrocious thing ever.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Played a few matches

-The muzzle flash on some weapons is a bit too much (gsg31 mainly)

-Aug/SG553, when shooting scoped, the bullet tracers seem to come off center of the aim.

-Sometimes I feel like the bullets hitting me are moving me to much

-Gotta relearn how to nade throw cause I'm underthrowing everything compared to csgo

-Deathmatch has too many people.

I'm having some good fun and enjoying it. I look forward to what things they improve and add (Where's my arms race!!!?)

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I really like the bullet path effect from sniper rifles.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Digital Jedi posted:

-Gotta relearn how to nade throw cause I'm underthrowing everything compared to csgo

This doesn't make sense. It's literally the same game.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

ilmucche posted:

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Infernot posted:

Did you just make an outbound rule for CS2 as a program?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Audax posted:

I heard a ton of people also comment that all throws felt much weaker. But people are blaming every misplay on the new game at this point, so who knows.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I heard a ton of people also comment that all throws felt much weaker. But people are blaming every misplay on the new game at this point, so who knows.

im guessing its something to do with this

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Audax posted:

the factor that I'm bad plays into this as well but some of the molotovs i've thrown i feel land short

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Nades are exactly the same. Your character throws them the same arc and number of units. Just placebo + some of the maps have slightly different geometry now so some of your lineups feel different.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Digital Jedi posted:

the factor that I'm bad plays into this as well but some of the molotovs i've thrown i feel land short

The mollys do spread a little different so that might be what you're feeling

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004
With flaming Canadians and such :(
Grenade camera in practice mode is very useful

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The beta ran nice and smooth but the full release seems choppy to me

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
What is better? Premier or competitive? I haven't played in a long long time.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Kwolok posted:

What is better? Premier or competitive? I haven't played in a long long time.

goonman

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

The option to have your crosshair move with the recoil pattern is probably the best thing they added with this iteration. It's done wonders for my target acquisition, and I don't have to guesstimate where my shots are going now. Seriously, go into bot deathmatch and give it a try.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Grimthwacker posted:

The option to have your crosshair move with the recoil pattern is probably the best thing they added with this iteration. It's done wonders for my target acquisition, and I don't have to guesstimate where my shots are going now. Seriously, go into bot deathmatch and give it a try.

after 24 years, valve have finally brought us groundbreaking "crosshair pointing where the gun is aiming" technology

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

are private servers already working?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

There was goonmanning during beta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa