Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

:shrug: Is there something I am supposed to do with information presented itt about what other fans think about philly fans other than: lol, lmao

nope

same with every gently caress the cowboys. I grow only stronger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Diqnol posted:

Not everyone hates us, simply most people.

New thread subtitle?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

If you want a comp for Dak: Kirk cousins

Kirk Cousins has a better career passer rating than

Joe Burrow
Justin Herbert
Josh Allen
Matthew Stafford

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

blarzgh posted:

Kirk Cousins has a better career passer rating than

Joe Burrow
Justin Herbert
Josh Allen
Matthew Stafford

because he's a good-to-very good QB who has failed to make the leap to greatness thanks to a subpar record when poo poo Gets Real. a 1-4 record in the playoffs'll do that to you.

luckily dak has elevated himself above that sort of mess with *checks notes* a 2-4 record in the playoffs

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

No one cares about passer ratings

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
They do when it supports their arguments

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

beep by grandpa posted:

It's really funny how we keep winning convincingly but all the wins feel like losses cause it really does not feel that they are playing to what they're capable of.
I think it just goes back to speaking to the underlying quality of the team. The Eagles aren't getting judged on "is this team good" or even "could they make the playoffs" because who's loving kidding themselves here, yes they are and yes they will, barring catastrophe. So instead they put up a not perfect Week 1 performance and everyone goes "hmm, can't win the super bowl playing like that" because that's the floor.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Just the existence of a QB who can be a threat without throwing the ball all the time disproves all QB stats but what can you do

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Doltos posted:

Just the existence of a QB who can be a threat without throwing the ball all the time disproves all QB stats but what can you do

; Therefore, we must ban the forward pass in order to usher in the Danny Dimes Era.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Febreeze posted:

They do when it supports their arguments

There has to be a a better OPS-equivalent for QBs.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Vengarr posted:

There has to be a a better OPS-equivalent for QBs.

EPA per play and CPOE

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
EPA is based on historic data of equivalent field position, down, and distance. It's so wildly unreliable.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

QBs should be judged on a three axis compendium: Moxey, wins, intangibles

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Can he ball*

Sex_Marxist
Dec 14, 2016

I LOVE MY DEAD GAY SON
Qb stat: Does he have that dog in him?

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Top 5 QBs ranked by Grit

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Now we are talking

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Trying to think of the best receiver Dak has played with. I think it's Amari Cooper?

Point being that he's made Dallas' passing game greater than the sum of it's parts his whole career. Having Zeke in his prime helped but it only helps so much.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Daks best receiver has been the other teams secondary

(He throws interceptions)

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Lamb is better than Cooper and Dak has had plenty of talent to throw to and is good doing it

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

biceps crimes posted:

Top 5 QBs ranked by Grit

Sorry, I only rank my top five quarterbacks by intangibles.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Doltos posted:

Lamb is better than Cooper and Dak has had plenty of talent to throw to and is good doing it

Lamb is better but God he still has some growing up to do

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Doltos posted:

yup. lacking targets who are clear wins in most man to mans. our defense is vulnerable to deception concepts and to being punished for being relatively small. i think the cardinals did their homework and picked the defense apart really well for being a tanking team. dan quinn's a fraud and im burning all of my cowboys gear

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

edit: misread the post, never mind

Rogue Elephant fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Sep 28, 2023

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

biceps crimes posted:

nope

same with every gently caress the cowboys. I grow only stronger
THIS i s the Posting Spirit I c an respectt. As much poo poo as I talk in here I love you all and tbqh blazghrgh is like my favorite pers on on all of SA, Hope you are all having a fuckin AWESOME NIGHT!!!! :rock:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Thanks, grandpa

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
You're all wrong if you disagree with me and I'm always right Go Cowboys

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

You stink and your worship of meaningless numbers is a texas sized loogie in the eye of god. If Dak were the quarterback you say he is, then your team would be a more consistent playoff presence. Exhibit A: Patrick Mahomes. Exhibit B: Peyton Manning. Both players won superbowls with a limited supporting cast which you cannot claim Dak has had for the majority of his career. Face it, Jerry and his henchmen put together a team that a Mahomes/Manning would have won with and Dak simply fell short.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cousins still has Jefferson and can’t do anything.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Diqnol posted:

Exhibit B: Peyton Manning.

Peyton Manning was 3-6 in the post season going into his age 30 season.

Where he went 4-0 in the post season and won it all.

Dak is 30.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If Dak turns into a better QB then he will be better

Yes good point

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Diqnol posted:

You stink and your worship of meaningless numbers is a texas sized loogie in the eye of god. If Dak were the quarterback you say he is, then your team would be a more consistent playoff presence. Exhibit A: Patrick Mahomes. Exhibit B: Peyton Manning. Both players won superbowls with a limited supporting cast which you cannot claim Dak has had for the majority of his career. Face it, Jerry and his henchmen put together a team that a Mahomes/Manning would have won with and Dak simply fell short.

Exhibit C: Big Dick Nick :smug:

Dak is good and I like him, despite playing for the most hated of franchises. Fair to say if he played in SF or maybe KC he'd have a ring but he's not carrying a team anywhere and I don't think he's a huge difference maker. Nothing he does puts fear into an opponent the way Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Hurts, Jackson or even Herbert do, for instance. No one game plans to take away what Dak Prescott is bringing is what I'm saying. He's never been a serious MVP candidate and never will be.

Blarzgh can post all the charts he wants (cherry picked as they are) but this isn't baseball and, even though football stats have evolved a lot, they still can't really capture the sport in that way since we have 22 moving parts on every snap and just one gently caress up by one guy can blow up a play or lead to points.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He’d have a ring as Mahomes backup yes

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

euphronius posted:

If Dak turns into a better QB then he will be better

Yes good point

Sorry, I'll dumb it down for you.

The narrative around Peyton Manning prior to 2007 was that he couldn't play in the post season. No one regards him that way anymore, but plenty of people were ready to close the book on him before he was 30.

I'm not saying Dak is Peyton Manning. I'm saying that players can improve their post season success well into their careers. Even after we've all decided what we know they can't.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That’s exactly what I said

If Dak gets better at being a qb, then I think most of us will says he’s better

Lots of guys don’t get better tho

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Diqnol posted:

"Dak Prescott Isn't one of the 5 best QBs of All Time" isnt the insult you think it is

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Cartoon Man posted:

Sorry, I only rank my top five quarterbacks by intangibles.

Ignore the Clutch Coefficient at your peril

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Diqnol posted:

If the Cowboys had one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the sport, yes, they'd have a super bowl in this century.

Nobody is saying Dak is a first ballot hall of famer but if you put some talent around him and some things break your way maybe you win a super bowl with him.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Tom already retired so Dak definitely missed his window to earn a ring as Tom's backup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Cash Monet posted:

If the Cowboys had one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the sport, yes, they'd have a super bowl in this century.

Nobody is saying Dak is a first ballot hall of famer but if you put some talent around him and some things break your way maybe you win a super bowl with him.

When Tony Romo came back from injury in the season Dak took over, they had locked up the number one seed and the final game was meaningless. Tony started the game and led the first team offense down to an easy TD. Dak came in and also scored a TD, but it was not as effortless as with Tony. I think Romo looked much better in that one drive that game than Dak did most of the season. Regardless, they went with Dak in the playoffs and lost. I think if they had went with Tony, they would have won. I could be wrong, though.