Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Digital Jedi posted:

-Gotta relearn how to nade throw cause I'm underthrowing everything compared to csgo

CS2 lineups are pretty close to the old 128 tick lineups from CSGO so if you already knew those you're set for everything but Overpass and Inferno which changed geometry. If you only knew lineups for MM in CSGO then you just gotta aim a little higher in most cases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
HANG 'EM HIGH

We're fighting human animals and we act accordingly

Grimthwacker posted:

The option to have your crosshair move with the recoil pattern is probably the best thing they added with this iteration. It's done wonders for my target acquisition, and I don't have to guesstimate where my shots are going now. Seriously, go into bot deathmatch and give it a try.

People laughed at me* for using dynamic crosshair in CSGO, who the gently caress is laughing now losers!

*no one actually gives a poo poo

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'm still laughing at you but for other reasons.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Also while the arcs and such are much the same I'm pretty sure a lot of the invisible skybox walls from Source 1 map optimization have been removed so there are more opportunities to hoof a flash or smoke over rooftops.

Not that I know any of those throws. I haven't played CS in years and I'm still getting the hang of just shooting a man again before I even consider pitching grenades into the perfect place two maps over. Still pretty fun despite spending most of my time face down in a pool of my own grey matter!

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Idk if it's been mentioned here but msaa is a little broken and seems to cause some awful stuttering sometimes, with otherwise good performance

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

as a new goonman enjoyer it is the best way to play this game and i cannot wait for more wheel.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

It seems like smoking garage outside from t side boxes on nuke requires me to throw the smoke MUCH further up than I used to to property cover the opening

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

ilmucche posted:

The beta ran nice and smooth but the full release seems choppy to me

If you have an AMD card apparently shaders are doin somethin weird according to reddit idk

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/16ugv8i/psa_for_amd_gpu_users_launching_the_game_for_the/

Beta was smooth for me too but loading into the full release the first few mins around a map were very choppy but improved after a minute or two.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

for real though the follow recoil setting kicks rear end i can actually land shots now

rkd_
Aug 25, 2022

The hype is real.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
I did the thing where I dropped a frag in smoke and surprised the dude on the other side. Was a very :smug: moment.

Also was there a reasoning for this weird loadout thing? I don't think reducing the buy menu really changes anything?

rkd_
Aug 25, 2022

Revitalized posted:

I did the thing where I dropped a frag in smoke and surprised the dude on the other side. Was a very :smug: moment.

Also was there a reasoning for this weird loadout thing? I don't think reducing the buy menu really changes anything?

It at least allows CTs now to buy both M4A1-S and M4A4. Other than that, yeah, the choice is so limited it doesn't really affect anything else.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDlQUPNYtYE

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

rkd_ posted:

It at least allows CTs now to buy both M4A1-S and M4A4. Other than that, yeah, the choice is so limited it doesn't really affect anything else.

It's obviously not a big deal, but when I was mucking around in casuals, I found myself unable to make a wackier purchase because I didn't have it in my loadout. Was kinda bummed in that sense.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Negev usage dropped through the floor causing wide spread panic on the Bratatat Negev market index

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

wish i could change the players alive ui back to just numbers, and have it on the bottom instead of the top

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

rkd_ posted:

R8 and Deag as well

RATS!
Dec 23, 2008

Slotducks posted:

Negev usage dropped through the floor causing wide spread panic on the Bratatat Negev market index

The negev is meta.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

A very dumb question but how do I even buy things like the negev? I don't see it in the shop and I want to throw my money away damnit.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

DarkDobe posted:

A very dumb question but how do I even buy things like the negev? I don't see it in the shop and I want to throw my money away damnit.

You have to assign your guns in loadout

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

hello internet posted:

You have to assign your guns in loadout

Who thought this was a good idea?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Slotducks posted:

good. gently caress the negev

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

DarkDobe posted:

Who thought this was a good idea?

everyone who doesn't want to drop Augs anymore

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

It's been a long time since I felt the CS itch but playing two rounds at 1am last night definitely brought it back.

Pump shotty/Deagle rush is BACK BABY and now I get to do it as a man wearing a condom on his head (I know it's pantyhose)

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Why did you only play 2 rounds??

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

ilmucche posted:

Why did you only play 2 rounds??

Cause it was 1am and I gotta work lmao
Games not rounds*

In any case not enough. I'll be back.

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

can you still bind buys to keys? i've never used the buy menu in a counter strike

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
god drat my knife looks like poo poo in cs2

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

well i got owned hard in my first comp match but my k/d was almost 1 (wow!!!!)

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

Misc posted:

can you still bind buys to keys? i've never used the buy menu in a counter strike

Yes, please someone help.

Tenacious J
Nov 20, 2002

people are too good at this, where is the noob queue?

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Tenacious J posted:

you're gonna want to wait a week or so for all the more skill players to actually get placed and start moving up. Come play goonmans. We all suck, except those that don't.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Tenacious J posted:

Lose enough and itll eventually place u with noobs

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Anybody else have audio delay on your own shots/knife hits? Sounds super weird

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I think I've still got it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEbrl3EcLVU
(Luck)

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
First CS2 Goonman Shoutcast. Had a ton of fun. I think I wanna try to do this weekly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-woAaKiKzU

Game starts at 5:41

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I walked around and shot some bots last night. It "feels" good which is the main thing.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
cs2 with high ping feels a lot better than csgo with high ping

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i saw a guy with 2 ping last night. my man was sat next to the server or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
idk what the deal is with the in game ping number because the number the steam overlay shows me is always at least 5-10ms higher than what the in-game scoreboard shows, I get 0 ping on the scoreboard when I'm on valve's korean deathmatch servers