Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testro
May 2, 2009

Pistol_Pete posted:

The funniest thing about that film was all the other actors taking it super-seriously, then Rickman's stealing every scene carrying on like a pantomime villain in a Christmas production.

I remember an interview where he said that he showed the script to Ruby Wax and Peter Barnes because it was so terrible, and they came up with some alternate lines for him that the director accepted.

That's where the immortal, "You, my room, 10.30. You, 10.45. And bring a friend!" line came from.

Just incredible stuff; it's as if he's in a totally different (and much better) film to the rest of the cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I wonder if the 16 year old realises what a colossal mistake it was to perform this specific act of vandalism.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Failed Imagineer posted:

Song soft-pops pretty hard. If you stuck a massive donk on it you could bang that in the club tonight

It's an earworm, it is impossible for me to judge the quality of the song because it gets stuck in your head for days & any song that does that I find it impossible to like. Although as someone listening to the crusty powerviolence of Nails' You Will Never Be One Of Us I have to say that soft-rock/AOR is generally not my cuppa. The Fleetwood Mac - Rumours hater is me.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

RDevz posted:

There isn’t directly a cap on price on p/kWh. The caps are on what a bill would be at a nil usage rate and at a standard consumption rate, and as long as those two data points are met, energy companies can fiddle with the standing charge and unit rate to their hearts’ content.

This is the page you want, at the top of the “subsidiary documents” list.

I saw that page but didn't want to wade through a ton of documents to try to find what I wanted.
Still not very clear.

A. If I were variable

I assume this is the standing charge (the nil one)

Single-Rate
Metering
Arrangement
(benchmark
consumption
per annum, k)

then if I were on variable then my South Wales average use standard credit of 2500kWh pa would be:

either (2500/3100)*1064.88 if I am charged single-rate or (2500/4200)*1320.59 if I am charged multi-rate?

(I have switched to the same tariff for both day & night on my eco 7 as my usage at night is very low & doesn't make up for the premium rate on the Eco 7 but maybe I'd still have to go with that cap as I will still have to give 2 readings I assume).

B. But I fixed:

Btw I have this fix:

Octopus Energy
Loyal Octopus 12M Fixed Sept 2023
12-month fix
Existing customers only

Which is - 8% LESS than Cap according to money saving expert.

As I have said before ITT, I'm a satisficer not a maximizer for most things. Could go mad wondering about better deals, but I've fixed now from Oct 7 for 12 months so I'm happy with my choice.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Sep 28, 2023

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Tesseraction posted:

I wonder if the 16 year old realises what a colossal mistake it was to perform this specific act of vandalism.

it’s the kind of crime like being known as the neighbourhood pet murderer which means while the crime isn’t bad on paper, you’d better move far far away preferably with a new identity

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I think people who murder pets are plenty bad on paper tbh. If someone moved into my neighbourhood because in their previous neighbourhood Cat Stranglin' Colin can't help himself I would do my utmost to drive them out.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

Dan Woottoff

wooting softly

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

keep punching joe posted:

The perpetrator was a wee bam

\/\/ Rickman undestood trash and exactly what was required to elevate it

when I saw pictures of it felled I saw no marks where the cut had been obviously wedged or cut to fall a particular way or owt

fucker probably near murked themselves a dozen times doing it

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

willing to bet someone else put this kid up to it

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Who? Why?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tgRXfNFsIM

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Jel Shaker posted:

it’s the kind of crime like being known as the neighbourhood pet murderer which means while the crime isn’t bad on paper, you’d better move far far away preferably with a new identity

Wonder if he is the son/relative of an aggravated local farmer.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

They are fighting among themselves :toot:
https://twitter.com/EssexPR/status/1707416167218884635

I guess Adam is fighting the good fight after Laurence said that he'd said his final word on the matter... oh wait, what's this?

https://twitter.com/LozzaFox/status/1707397382227263775

Ah yeah, that must be his final word.

Oh wait, no...

https://twitter.com/LozzaFox/status/1707401362827342205

:allears:

e: And Carol Vorderman has made a very important point, and is rallying people to complain to OFCOM.

https://twitter.com/carolvorders/status/1707416138051657800

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Sep 28, 2023

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Of course it's in a loving dingy pub.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

Of course it's in a loving dingy pub.

Pretty certain they film it in Adam Brooks' pub

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Nothing wrong with loving dingy pubs.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Just make sure you wear a condom

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

can't be that dingy, you can still see all the pattern on the carpet

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

Necrothatcher posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTtAgk-t_lQ&t=106s

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Tesseraction posted:

You don't go around with a chainsaw to commit on the spur vandalism.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was a planned money making scheme selling wood or something like that.
Two kids in my town killed the fish population in our river when they netted it and tried selling them door to door.
Then dumped the rest BEHIND the local dump, not in it to be disposed of properly, and the town stunk for a few days after.
And they were just doing it to get a few quid.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Oh, and Wootton just sacked by Mail Online.

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

happyhippy posted:

You don't go around with a chainsaw to commit on the spur vandalism.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was a planned money making scheme selling wood or something like that.
Two kids in my town killed the fish population in our river when they netted it and tried selling them door to door.
Then dumped the rest BEHIND the local dump, not in it to be disposed of properly, and the town stunk for a few days after.
And they were just doing it to get a few quid.

There's a few tons of timber there and you'd likely need a forwarder to extract it. I don't think this was the work of local kids trying to make some money. My money is on the landowner.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Landlord probably paid his idiot nephew to do it.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
I hiked along Hadrian's Wall with my dad just a month ago. Our goal on the last day was the Sycamore Gap, and while we didn't make it, we went by it multiple times and had lunch staring out the window at it.

It was a beautiful landmark and it's genuinely very sad that I was one of the last people to see the tree still standing

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

MeinPanzer posted:

I was one of the last people to see the tree still standing

gettim boys

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
Sad news about the tree, I'd almost certainly wager a disgruntled local adult has put them up to it. Destroying a bus stop or trashing a phone box, is feckless yooves business. Cutting down a culturally significant hundreds of years old tree is more tory Councillor, or tory local landowner who simply cannot stand those darn tourists type move.

E: removed some reductive language.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
now I want there to be a detective show solely about finding the culprits to crimes against trees. the 16-year-old getting arrested is obviously the red herring at the halfway mark before the detective looks broodingly off into the distance and says "I don't know... there's something else here...". i bet he didn't even give an entertaining speech admitting to his scheme

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
There already was a detective show where the original suspicion always turned out to be a hoax and the real culprit was usually a disgruntled landowner.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

isn’t the first suspect always the local 16 year old

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Pistol_Pete posted:

The funniest thing about that film was all the other actors taking it super-seriously, then Rickman's stealing every scene carrying on like a pantomime villain in a Christmas production.

And cancel... Christmas! I wish I could watch the real movie these scenes were obviously outtakes from.

How many 16-year-olds in the area have both (A) access to a chainsaw (B) the skills to keep the blade being stuck down halfway through by the weight of the tree?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Teenagers these days more interested in jacking off than jacking lumber.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Arsenic Lupin posted:

How many 16-year-olds in the area have both (A) access to a chainsaw (B) the skills to keep the blade being stuck down halfway through by the weight of the tree?
I blame the tick tocks
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7283689687254846763

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Arsenic Lupin posted:

And cancel... Christmas! I wish I could watch the real movie these scenes were obviously outtakes from.

i think the access to a chainsaw is going to be a big giveaway what the situation is

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Guavanaut posted:

There already was a detective show where the original suspicion always turned out to be a hoax and the real culprit was usually a disgruntled landowner.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Testro posted:

Just incredible stuff; it's as if he's in a totally different (and much better) film to the rest of the cast.
Same thing with the Three Musketeers remake from 2011. Mads Mikkelsen is not even in a different league, he's playing a different loving sport.

It's almost worth bearing a brief cameo from James Corden to compare Mikkelsen's performance to Orlando Bloom absolutely devouring the scenery.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

keep punching joe posted:

Landlord probably paid his idiot nephew to do it.

If I had to bet, some Landlord decided to have the tree cut down.

But he didn't want to pay some professional Ne'er do Wells a bunch of money to do it professionally. But instead, he'd save some money by getting some local lads to do it.

The Question IRL fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Sep 28, 2023

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
If so I don't expect that cover to last long, there's a reason professionals are called professionals.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Necrothatcher posted:

I can't believe Just Stop Oil would do this somehow

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

The Question IRL posted:

If I had to bet, some Landlord decided to have the tree cut down.

But he didn't want to pay some professional Ne'er do Wells a bunch of money to do it professionally. But instead, he'd save some money by getting some local lads to do it.

It's not this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

So remember how Fox has always been going on the attack and said he was going to release a statement at 7.00?
Best we expected him to call for GB News to be burned down?

No, turns out he goes a makes a supremely sour "apology" a bit too late to undo all the damage.

Laurence Fox apologises for ‘demeaning’ comments made about female journalist on GB News https://jrnl.ie/6182037