Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cruft

rear end-penny posted:

or just get a pack of gum :shrug:

That would probably work, actually. Hmm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

cruft posted:

The dentist told me that my toothache was due to stress. I don't need a root canal, I just need to stop clenching my teeth.

Today I gave my teams 90 minutes each to finalize their documentation. One team loudly goofed off for 83 minutes; when I asked if they were close to finishing, they informed me that I had said they didn't have to.

I don't lose my poo poo. But if I did, I would have done it then.

Felt. I fired someone today. I did not relish it, and in fact, they deserved it for being a loving creep. On top of that, everything is Lord of the loving Flies with work, and I'm scared shitless that we are going to have a serious gd problem with folks.

Also I wrote someone else up.

I'm just tired.

cruft

Randy Travesty posted:

Felt. I fired someone today.

I dread the day I have to do this, ugh. :glomp:

Escape From Noise

I guess the big boss is coming to the brewery to sample a beer I made for a restaurant that I was scheduled to keg literally a week ago today but had to delay because of a lack of keg and cold room space.

The restaurant manager asked me if said beer was done yet...

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Escape From Noise

Time for another gently caress a Job Friday! :confuoot:

Ass-penny

I'm up on my hours so I'm going to leave early. not early enough tho.

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

rear end-penny posted:

I'm up on my hours so I'm going to leave early. not early enough tho.

ell yeah, same. gonna try to cut out at noon

Escape From Noise posted:

ELL YEAH

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Ass-penny

Sarah Cenia posted:

ell yeah, same. gonna try to cut out at noon

:nice: I reckon I might have to be here later than that but I forgot to check my hours when I punched in. I'll peep it when I get off break.
not that I'm using my break to make this post but :clint:

Ass-penny

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
please be a calm and fast day

xcheopis

I am trying to format a contract and whomever created the loving thing put a loving "section break next page" on every. single. loving page.
The page number/section pages in the footer is both terribly incorrect and were inserted as pictures.
Tables were used where they should not have been and it's not my loving job to fix that mess, so good luck with that to the reviewer.
Why were so many loving line breaks put between the titles and the signature lines? It's headed for docusign, you loving nitwits, there's plenty of loving room with just one line break. loving god drat loving moron
Why the gently caress do you need to add the address of that particular signor? You don't. It is entirely unnecessary. I hate you.
No, we do NOT want to link all footers to the previous section because, and this is clearly going to come as a surprise, each section has to have it's own section numbering. No, that does not mean you should insert a picture with "page 126/1" just because you were too stupid to understand what a loving page break is, you colossal moron.

I am consumed by the flames of rage and hate, fueled by the added pain in my hands for every. loving. page that needs correcting.

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Ass-penny

would it be easier to start from scratch?

cruft

xcheopis posted:

I am trying to format a contract and whomever created the loving thing put a loving "section break next page" on every. single. loving page.
The page number/section pages in the footer is both terribly incorrect and were inserted as pictures.
Tables were used where they should not have been and it's not my loving job to fix that mess, so good luck with that to the reviewer.
Why were so many loving line breaks put between the titles and the signature lines? It's headed for docusign, you loving nitwits, there's plenty of loving room with just one line break. loving god drat loving moron
Why the gently caress do you need to add the address of that particular signor? You don't. It is entirely unnecessary. I hate you.
No, we do NOT want to link all footers to the previous section because, and this is clearly going to come as a surprise, each section has to have it's own section numbering. No, that does not mean you should insert a picture with "page 126/1" just because you were too stupid to understand what a loving page break is, you colossal moron.

I am consumed by the flames of rage and hate, fueled by the added pain in my hands for every. loving. page that needs correcting.

Every time you report in with what you're doing at work, it makes me want to flip a table. And the only one handy is my WFH desk. That's how mad it makes me.

Ass-penny

also, in the opinion of the thread, how unprofessional is it to submit your two weeks immediately after receiving a holiday bonus? I made a dentist appointment while I'm still on their insurance and that isn't until the end of November, I figure if I'm stuck until then I may as well see if they do holiday bonuses in December.

cruft

rear end-penny posted:

also, in the opinion of the thread, how unprofessional is it to submit your two weeks immediately after receiving a holiday bonus? I made a dentist appointment while I'm still on their insurance and that isn't until the end of November, I figure if I'm stuck until then I may as well see if they do holiday bonuses in December.

In France? That's rude as hell, maybe even illegal.

In the US? Go for it.

cruft

The job I recently left was giving me this annual retention bonus, even though the employer swears up and down they don't give bonuses. It was a significant chunk of change.

I left anyway, and I don't feel particularly bad about it. I even expected everyone to wish me well at my new job. I did what they asked me to do while I was there, and they gave me money for it, as agreed. It was time for me to try doing what somebody else asked me to do.

Everybody was happy for me and wished me well with my new career path.

xcheopis

rear end-penny posted:

would it be easier to start from scratch?

No, because (1) I'm not allowed to write contracts (and don't want to!), (2) it was already "approved" by our counsel as to wording (this person doesn't pay attention to formatting, just language), (3) this wasn't written by anyone in our program; it was written by the contractor, who is already on my poo poo list because of their stupidity around data submissions, and (4) my boss would kill me if I tried (for good reasons, as I'd just muck it up worse and it would take forever, which is a noticeable delay in my productivity).
They are so totally my mortal enemy.

xcheopis

cruft posted:

Every time you report in with what you're doing at work, it makes me want to flip a table. And the only one handy is my WFH desk. That's how mad it makes me.

I tired flipping my workstation and now I'm putting ice packs on my hands and mainlining ibuprofen. :D

xcheopis

rear end-penny posted:

Do it!

Escape From Noise

rear end-penny posted:

Yeah. gently caress it. People make a big deal about two weeks etc. etc., but if your boss wouldn't extend you the same courtesies, and the place is a mess there's basically nothing they can do. If you want to jump ship fuckin do it IMHO.

Farecoal

There he go
I got kicked off the Medicaid insurance I had while I was unemployed, and now I am so lucky to be granted health insurance through my employer that is basically worse in every way! I love having a deductible!!! gently caress this country!!!!

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

Farecoal posted:

I got kicked off the Medicaid insurance I had while I was unemployed, and now I am so lucky to be granted health insurance through my employer that is basically worse in every way! I love having a deductible!!! gently caress this country!!!!

having the FREEDOM to CHOOSE between useless healthcare, no healthcare, or unaffordable healthcare owns

The sleepiest workday you could imagine :stonk:

xcheopis

92723 posted:

The sleepiest workday you could imagine :stonk:

I so loathe being sleepy at work.

AdvilSmith

Broken! Busted! Everybody has something to repair. Before buying new, let Mighty Putty fix it for you.
It's worse when you're sleepy and it's cloudy and it feels like it could rain at any moment. Those days I really want to just make up am excuse to go home early, snug my dogs and watch movies or play games on the couch. It's also usually a good day at the shop though cause everyone seems more relaxed so I don't totally hate it but I'd still rater be at home.

So far today is going quite well. Rear door on a Chevy sonic wouldn't open from inside or out, so I had to take the panel off while the door was closed. It went unexpectedly well and the latch was removed and replaced in about an hour.

thank you RavenousScoot 🤘🐹

emSparkly

I'm open to interpretation!
Like, unless you really need to leave a job on good terms, or you actually had a good working relationship with your employer, what's the point of a 2 weeks? When I worked for Taco Bell as a teenager I just stopped showing up one day because that poo poo had me so neurotic.

I am a patient they.

Ass-penny

xcheopis posted:

No, because (1) I'm not allowed to write contracts (and don't want to!), (2) it was already "approved" by our counsel as to wording (this person doesn't pay attention to formatting, just language), (3) this wasn't written by anyone in our program; it was written by the contractor, who is already on my poo poo list because of their stupidity around data submissions, and (4) my boss would kill me if I tried (for good reasons, as I'd just muck it up worse and it would take forever, which is a noticeable delay in my productivity).
They are so totally my mortal enemy.

I mean, it sounds like formatting this document is going to be a massive productivity sink anyway, I understand not wanting to write out contracts, especially if the language has already been approved.

Ass-penny

emSparkly posted:

Like, unless you really need to leave a job on good terms, or you actually had a good working relationship with your employer, what's the point of a 2 weeks? When I worked for Taco Bell as a teenager I just stopped showing up one day because that poo poo had me so neurotic.

I don't want to burn the bridge. I don't think I will work for this company again, but it's a far aight from the worst jobs I've ever had, the main upsides being that it isn't customer facing, and that I'm wildly undersupervised. I've been quitting in my head for a while now, really polishing up what I'm going to tell management. this place maybe used to be a cool place but it isn't anymore. the vibe is super hosed up (you don't lose 8 employees in 8 months at a company this small if everything is cool), and honestly it's one guy that seems to be bringing everyone down. I've had a lotta jobs and this isn't normal "bosses suck" hate, I have never worked someplace where everyone universally has the same least favorite other person there. give them something to think about, collect another decent pay check before I figure out what the gently caress I'm doing in '24

Escape From Noise

I get it. I'm constantly on the verge of quitting but as much as I complain there are enough up sides to stop me from just looking for anything else.

cruft

rear end-penny posted:

I don't want to burn the bridge.

That's why, emSparkly. You're not required to provide 2 weeks notice, it's just considered courteous to ensure you hand off assignments and close out loose ends.

Some places (like, England and France) ask for more than 2 weeks, and it's way way way too long. I've left a whole lot of jobs, and 2 weeks is about right. Last time I gave them a month or two, thinking it would take that long to transition everything, and I was wrong and it was awful. Job before that I gave the company 4 weeks (British company requested it) and it was still too long.

Ass-penny

and in spite of all my complaining I got to make a fun simple mold yesterday and I think I like how the dense foam is playing with it.

right foam blade is only 4 pounds per... I want to say cubic foot of foam, the lower left is more like 16 pounds and the foam actually is kind of sharp on the blade, of course the mold will deteriorate with age and more castings but I'm honestly impressed with how that turned out.

Escape From Noise

Also giving more than 2 weeks in the US can be a bad idea because they might just fire you.

Escape From Noise

rear end-penny posted:

and in spite of all my complaining I got to make a fun simple mold yesterday and I think I like how the dense foam is playing with it.

right foam blade is only 4 pounds per... I want to say cubic foot of foam, the lower left is more like 16 pounds and the foam actually is kind of sharp on the blade, of course the mold will deteriorate with age and more castings but I'm honestly impressed with how that turned out.

I get it. I complain a lot but I appreciate the freedoms I have in a way.

cruft

I complain a lot

I mean, it's kind of the thread's premise, innit. I try to toss in "actually things are going okay" stories once in a while, but it feels kind of tone deaf to do that in this sea of misery.

xcheopis

When it's time for an intervention:
using the phrase "be very intentional" when discussing what works best for in-person vs virtual vs hybrid meetings

xcheopis

lol "dressing professionally" for virtual meetings

emSparkly

I'm open to interpretation!
Uuuughhh I had a racist rear end karen give me the business. Lady out here like "I don't mean anything bad by this, but some of the guys working on the line looked like, Mexican or something and maybe didn't understand English" and this bitch out here insinuating that our guys don't know how to do their jobs because they look Mexican. It took all my strength not to just go "Oh my God lady that's so drat racist."

I am a patient they.

cruft

gently caress that lady. (Not in the good way.)

I, too, have had it with work bullshit today.

Ass-penny

emSparkly posted:

Uuuughhh I had a racist rear end karen give me the business. Lady out here like "I don't mean anything bad by this, but some of the guys working on the line looked like, Mexican or something and maybe didn't understand English" and this bitch out here insinuating that our guys don't know how to do their jobs because they look Mexican. It took all my strength not to just go "Oh my God lady that's so drat racist."

sometimes you just have to throw away the whole lady and start over again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

rear end-penny posted:

sometimes you just have to throw away the whole lady and start over again

LOL