Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lol at this poo poo. Let them fight

https://twitter.com/lozzafox/status/1707455361072976105?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

The Question IRL posted:

Laurence Fox apologises

Can't believe Laurence Fox has gone woke

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

the absolute funniest end to this stupid saga

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Coward

15mins long? not watching that

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Too soon?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

too soon

did you edit that?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

the tree was woke

or

cutting down the tree was woke

delete as applicable

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

The Question IRL posted:

If I had to bet, some Landlord decided to have the tree cut down.

But he didn't want to pay some professional Ne'er do Wells a bunch of money to do it professionally. But instead, he'd save some money by getting some local lads to do it.

While this likely happens a lot… I dunno about this. What other use would they have for the land that the tree is hindering?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

NotJustANumber99 posted:

too soon

did you edit that?

No just happened to look it up and someone else had already done it.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/e-mother-saved-send-private-school-labour-class-warfare-hurt-parents-2649454

:classiclol:

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

the kids next door go to the local private school. Dunno how. Her best mate picked her up to got to prom earlier this summer. Bugatti Veyron.

Worth it mum and dad.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Imagine being a parent, pouring your hopes and dreams into your child, putting every available bit of money together to send them to private school... and then they turn into Sebastian Payne.
Can you ask for a refund at that point?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I would have to assume that the parent wants a sebastian payne if they send their kids to private school.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

He’d have got his lunch money nicked and his briefcase smashed whatever school he went to , to be fair

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!

Can sometime time stamp the good bits? 15 mins is way too long

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

DreddyMatt posted:

Can sometime time stamp the good bits? 15 mins is way too long

There aren't any good bits. This is Laurence Fox.

It's 15 minutes of him realising the consequences of his coke binge, semi apologising without apologising, while forcing home the distorted mens-rights poo poo that he's attempting to weaponise.

He says that he's almost definitely getting sacked from GBNews tomorrow, and thinks Wootton is going too. And that's it. It's all very dull

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

fuctifino posted:

And that's it. It's all very dull

lol thx for posting

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

He said yesterday he would rather scrub toilets than back down or apologise lol

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

OwlFancier posted:

I would have to assume that the parent wants a sebastian payne if they send their kids to private school.

yeah there’s no way this man is surviving in the real world

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

Noxville posted:

While this likely happens a lot… I dunno about this. What other use would they have for the land that the tree is hindering?

There's a block of flats in London that needs a new location sharpish.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Has Laurence Fox made "many millions"? He briefly got with Billie Piper I guess so for a while it was going well for him I must admit

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Sick of breadtubers using bisexual lighting and neon signs.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

Has Laurence Fox made "many millions"? He briefly got with Billie Piper I guess so for a while it was going well for him I must admit

he started off having millions from his dad obvs. I dunno he did some telly shows?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Cocaine isn't cheap

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

hes probably get a bulk discount

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

The best summary of that Laurence Fox 15 minute monologue is this:
https://twitter.com/JimCognito2016/status/1707464144998347035

And he also made it clear that Wootton, the producers and other people knew what he was going to say in advance, and they all found it funny. This will be good for OFCOM's investigation.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

hes probably get a bulk discount

That's balanced out by his big nose

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

smellmycheese posted:

He said yesterday he would rather scrub toilets than back down or apologise lol

What's wrong with scrubbing toilets.

His bathroom must be disgusting (or is married and has his wife do it? He's odious enough I'd expect not).

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

its hilarious how quickly they all throw each other under the bus.

Like who wins out of billie pipers brainbroke ex and dan wooton who I've never heard of?

Like who cares about any of these people?

Is this russel brand firing off chaff fluppets?

I dont get any of this

I hate the tree killer. But its some dumb kid? If I was russell brand...

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

The GBNews stuff is important, because they have been active in spreading the worst type of divisive and dangerous poo poo imaginable. Overnight it's literally become the propaganda arm of the worst ERG types in government, and operating in a way that has until now mostly skirted OFCOM regulations...

i.e. tonight you had the Tory party deputy Chairman, on his own regular £100k a year GBNews show, interviewing our literal fascist Home Secretary

So when chinks appear in this fascist propaganda arm, and previously untouchable establishment cunts have their careers crumble around them, it's a good thing. It doesn't happen often.

As for Laurence Fox's relationship status, he was meant to have married a few months ago, but his fiancee ditched him in June due to his toxic views on trans people

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Sep 29, 2023

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
What is the matter with all these 'entitled' famous blokes? Just read in the Heil something about David Walliams. Admittedly, his comments on Britain's Got no Talent were not supposed to be public but they got leaked:

quote:

In one incident, an older performer engaged in light-hearted banter with the judges in which he made a jibe about Walliams, an expose by The Guardian claimed.
After the audition, the pensioner left, after which Walliams is said to have described him as a 'c**t' three times.

quote:

In a separate incident, after a female contestant had walked off stage, Walliams remarked: 'She's like the slightly boring girl you meet in the pub that thinks you want to f*** them, but you don't.' He later added: 'I know, she's just like: 'Oh, f*** off!' I was saying, she thinks you want to f*** her, but you don't.
'It's the last thing on your mind, but she's like: 'Yep, I bet you do!'
'No I don't! I had a bit of a b***r, but now it's going, it's now shrivelled up inside my body.

https://archive.ph/QcwJa

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Sep 29, 2023

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Unfortunately that's just what a lot of people are like.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
They're censoring b***r now?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

fuctifino posted:

Cocaine isn't cheap

Cocaine hasn’t gone up in price in my entire lifetime. It’s stuck ruthlessly to 50 a gram. If anything it’s come down a bit, albeit for dogshit quality

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

What is the matter with all these 'entitled' famous blokes? Just read in the Heil something about David Walliams. Admittedly, his comments on Britain's Got no Talent were not supposed to be public but they got leaked:

https://archive.ph/QcwJa

These comments don't really seem as bad as I expected. It's obviously embarassing to have them leaked but I wonder if there's worse, or if the company just really wanted him gone.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

It's what happens when this:

OwlFancier posted:

Unfortunately that's just what a lot of people are like.

Meets a corporate machine with clear capital motives to protect them, then they live in that bubble for years being enabled to abuse without any real consequences

walliams is known for worse, as are others

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

smellmycheese posted:

Cocaine hasn’t gone up in price in my entire lifetime. It’s stuck ruthlessly to 50 a gram. If anything it’s come down a bit, albeit for dogshit quality

You must be somewhere cheap

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
50 a gram is council grade, it doesn't get good until maybe 80 a gram and up.

Scotrail is trialling off-peak only fares for the next six months :toot:

https://www.scotrail.co.uk/off-peak-fares-all-day-long

quote:

Going by train is on with Off-Peak fares all day for six months from 2 October 2023.

The six-month trial is funded by the Scottish Government, to make public transport more accessible and affordable, and encourage people to ditch the car and travel by train.

We recognise that the rail fare structure can seem complicated and often a barrier for customers, and this trial will make rail fares simpler, and often cheaper. Simplicity and affordability are key considerations in travel decisions, and we are looking forward to offering both to our customers during this trial.
What does this mean for customers?

Customers will be able to travel at any time of the day on Off-Peak tickets, enjoying huge savings. For example, train tickets for travel during traditional peak times between Edinburgh and Glasgow will drop from £28.90 to £14.90.

keep punching joe fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Sep 29, 2023

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
€100/g in Dublin, but the quality has gotten better over the years

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
The drug market in the UK is particularly good at the moment because of Brexit - with so much chaos at the border it’s easier and therefore cheaper to get more through for importers. I used to sit firm on my commitment to only taking 80+ a gram gear but these days 50 is actually fine. Likewise ket has got good again. It’s a great time to be a drug user in the UK!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

keep punching joe posted:

Scotrail is trialling off-peak only fares for the next six months :toot:

https://www.scotrail.co.uk/off-peak-fares-all-day-long

I'm probably just being too cynical, but how much of a difference is this likely to make folk ride the train more.

I'm lucky I WFH but the train to work on the morning was often rammed during peak, with you having to squeeze in like those videos you see of trains in India.

That price they highlighted of £28 a ticket is nuts, but £14 is too.

I'm not knowledgeable enough about petrol prices but does that actually make it cheaper to commute by train every morning vs driving (not that I'd want to drive from Edinburgh to Glasgow every day).