Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Going over these data sharing pages, it looks like everyone spent the last year running commissions in Liyue and grinding for dendro artifacts..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

AParadox posted:

I wonder if C0 Neuv takes the "Most shield dependent character" title from Wanderer, ever 2 layers of stagger resist barely help. His damage is really nice at least and so much aoe.

Why is he close enough to get hit? His max range is long enough to avoid any hits to back up, unless you're using a team that requires melee?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I started a new account in May, played nearly every day, and finally completed the last two mondstat achievements two days ago (Both the Sneznaya ones, although I think bc I didn't write them down I might've repeated both of them once)

Now I'm set on Inazuma and going to spend another 6-12 months attempting to just *unlock* world quests for no other reason than dumb completionism reasons

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I've got Ingenuity

https://hoyo.link/6SWeFCAL?m_code=GBDUXURK6N&utm_source=game&utm_medium=html&utm_campaign=homeshare

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Furina's outfit is very cute btw. Love the short shorts.

I wanna cosplay her!!!!!

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Tae posted:

Why is he close enough to get hit? His max range is long enough to avoid any hits to back up, unless you're using a team that requires melee?

Most new(and many old) elites either shoot or can close the distance very quickly or instantly, since inazuma most bosses can hit you at any distance and many of the best buffers require you to get close at some point.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

I'll spoil this because some people are super sensitive about leaks but more Furina stuff (character related, not story) One of her friends has a tophat and she also changed forms with charged attacks giving her either long hair or short hair + slightly different colored outfit

I don't really like the Fontaine gimmick of using health as a resource at all bc it was my least favorite part about Hu Tao, and I haven't done any Archon quests in Fontaine at all so I know nothing about her at all but I still think Furina is cool.

Completely unrelated but I was looking for something earlier and saw a bunch of speculation that Yelan was "Madame Ping's younger form" before she launched and lol

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Tampa Bae posted:

I'll spoil this because some people are super sensitive about leaks but more Furina stuff (character related, not story) One of her friends has a tophat and she also changed forms with charged attacks giving her either long hair or short hair + slightly different colored outfit

I don't really like the Fontaine gimmick of using health as a resource at all bc it was my least favorite part about Hu Tao, and I haven't done any Archon quests in Fontaine at all so I know nothing about her at all but I still think Furina is cool.

Completely unrelated but I was looking for something earlier and saw a bunch of speculation that Yelan was "Madame Ping's younger form" before she launched and lol
Its more convoluted than that - we saw young madame ping holding her bell in the god of the stove cutscene, then leakers saw references to a character named "yelan" and thought it was her. The rumors of them being the same character were dead before yelan's role or model were ever known.

Speaking of madame ping there are leakers who claim 4.4 is cloud retainer and leakers who claim 4.4 is madame ping. This is the ONLY way I would be angry about a madame ping rate up.

In any case both of them allegedly have kits under development.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

No Wave posted:

Its more convoluted than that - we saw young madame ping holding her bell in the god of the stove cutscene, then leakers saw references to a character named "yelan" and thought it was her. The rumors of them being the same character were dead before yelan's role or model were ever known.

Speaking of madame ping there are leakers who claim 4.4 is cloud retainer and leakers who claim 4.4 is madame ping. This is the ONLY way I would be angry about a madame ping rate up.

In any case both of them allegedly have kits under development.

I have never played bayonetta but Cloud Retainer's human form is it for me, especially bc of how awkward she is around Shenhue and I need more of that awkward bird woman

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So just focusing on the mainstat, who was it that needed/wanted an HP sword if you didn't get Nilou's? Her, Layla and Kirara? With dendro being an element now, I assume giving Kuki Shinobu an EM sword is the way to go now right?

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

https://hoyo.link/6SWeFCAL?m_code=GB4UAMAXUN&utm_source=game&utm_medium=html&utm_campaign=homeshare

Gold

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm starting to see why Eimi wants the French dead so badly. Fontaine's such a nice place to look at but god almighty this place is awful. By virtue of being the only city with poor people (who aren't just enemy types) and a jail and also a hellscape of bureaucracy.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
https://hoyo.link/6SWeFCAL?m_code=GB813CH5UN&pk=1&utm_source=game&utm_medium=html&utm_campaign=pkshare

Justice, if anyone needs it!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Using Neuvillette's charge attack means not moving the camera during the charge period on a controller so he's worse on a controller therefore a big pass for me.

I did finally get Homa after two something years so hell yeah! The new 4* bow is tempting me to bring back Physchl which was my thing from the start all the way up to late Liyue so there's that too.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

So just focusing on the mainstat, who was it that needed/wanted an HP sword if you didn't get Nilou's? Her, Layla and Kirara? With dendro being an element now, I assume giving Kuki Shinobu an EM sword is the way to go now right?
Kuki wants an EM build, yeah. For the time being, Nilou, Layla, and Kirara are the only ones. (And Layla and Kirara might want Fav, depending on the team.)

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
It's Genshin Impact's Anniversary! Come share your travel data with me! Click the link to take part now~ https://hoyo.link/6SWeFCAL?m_code=GB9B6GUVUN&pk=1&utm_source=game&utm_medium=html&utm_campaign=pkshare

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
Thanks for the links y'all!
Add another Elegance to the pile: https://hoyo.link/6SWeFCAL?utm_source=game&utm_medium=html&utm_campaign=resultshare&m_code=GCC3EOTIHN

Threw a few wishes on the weapon banner on the off-chance of getting the new 4* sword... and got C1 Freminet. Still not planning to use him, but I found it amusing.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Stare-Out posted:

Using Neuvillette's charge attack means not moving the camera during the charge period on a controller so he's worse on a controller therefore a big pass for me.

I did finally get Homa after two something years so hell yeah! The new 4* bow is tempting me to bring back Physchl which was my thing from the start all the way up to late Liyue so there's that too.
Using a controller is the entire reason I started a new account because there's no drat way I was ever going to play Ganyu on one, aiming a bow on controller is the worst shooter experience I've had since the Goldeneye game on the gamecube

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Sexual Aluminum posted:

It's Genshin Impact's Anniversary! Come share your travel data with me! Click the link to take part now~ https://hoyo.link/6SWeFCAL?m_code=GB9B6GUVUN&pk=1&utm_source=game&utm_medium=html&utm_campaign=pkshare
You linked the wrong one and the "share your data with me" sounds like a threat

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Using lyney on phone to fight the seahorse is not going so well...

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Tampa Bae posted:

Using a controller is the entire reason I started a new account because there's no drat way I was ever going to play Ganyu on one, aiming a bow on controller is the worst shooter experience I've had since the Goldeneye game on the gamecube

I used to think that, then I forced myself to play through the first Uncharted on PS3 back in 2009 which had no aim assists or anything and that game taught me how to do it and after that it was smooth sailing no matter what game I was playing. Genshin is nothing in comparison, though on PS5 I currently have to use the gyro aiming to help me out purely because my Dualsense has absolutely insane stick drift issues and Genshin has no deadzone settings which makes it a pain in the rear end to play.

Also with Ganyu you can pretty much aim anywhere on the ground near an enemy and her secondary shot will wipe them out.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Blessings of Gold if anyone needs it.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I have FREE I guess?

It's Genshin Impact's Anniversary! Come share your travel data with me! Click the link to take part now~ https://hoyo.link/6SWeFCAL?m_code=GB73IICRUN&pk=1&utm_source=game&utm_medium=html&utm_campaign=pkshare

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

No Wave posted:

Using lyney on phone to fight the seahorse is not going so well...

I first did the fight with my Yoimiya team with Bennet and it turns out using the dude that self- applies pyro was a mistake.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Stare-Out posted:

In case you're not aware, Neuvillette is unique for a catalyst in that you can hold the left trigger to charge attack with him which lets you do so while moving the camera at the same time.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Danakir posted:

In case you're not aware, Neuvillette is unique for a catalyst in that you can hold the left trigger to charge attack with him which lets you do so while moving the camera at the same time.

Well gently caress me down. Wish they'd told me that.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Justice

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
ugh, first day of this I ran out to explore and got stuck in a prison for the whole day

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Stare-Out posted:

Well gently caress me down. Wish they'd told me that.

It does tell you when you do his trial, but its easy to click past that without taking it in.

Anora posted:

ugh, first day of this I ran out to explore and got stuck in a prison for the whole day

You can dip out at any time to do whatever, but it does feel like a weird choice to be the top quest in your quest log the day theres a lot of new map to explore. Especially as its a real long story quest. If you do leave to explore then swim near the outside of the prison there are search lights which track you. If you dont manage to avoid them when they turn red it teleports you back to the prison reception where the receptionist tells you not to do it again.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

SiKboy posted:

It does tell you when you do his trial, but its easy to click past that without taking it in.

Probably should read those, yeah.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MoonCrab posted:

Also got the saw claymore from weapons banner. ??? Incomprehensible. This is for who? Solo sustain hyperbloom Dori? This could have been a craftable and even then I doubt I'd ever craft it. Maybe it's foreshadowing a future unit.
also after testing it out, it is actually competitive with r1 serpent spine for c6 aggravate dori in certain comps. Specifically the main comp for aggravate dori is

Dori/Fischl/Sucrose/Dendro

if the dendro you're using isn't giving an EM buff and you don't have them on instructor, then the EM buff from saw contributes a fair bit of damage. That said, most of the time you want the dendro on instructor, and most of the dendros you'd want to use (Nahida, C6 Collei, Dendro Traveler) give an EM buff.

It can work, but I'm unsure how many people out there are in the position of having C6 Dori, wanting to run aggravate Dori, and being willing to roll for a 4* weapon on a weapon banner for her for a minor damage increase, instead of just saving for Nahida.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oh also mailed flower is probably better in that situation also

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Question to people who are done with the last archon quest. Does this part supposed to look like some kind of supernova? They are talking about stuff that I absolutely can't see and I don't know if its a bug on my end, or not even a bug. Act 4 spoilers

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

AParadox posted:

Question to people who are done with the last archon quest. Does this part supposed to look like some kind of supernova? They are talking about stuff that I absolutely can't see and I don't know if its a bug on my end, or not even a bug. Act 4 spoilers

That's absolutely a visual bug lol

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Blessing of Gold:
Happy 3rd Anniversary to Genshin Impact! I've sent out Blessings of Gold. Click on the link to claim it~ First come, first served! https://hoyo.link/6SWeFCAL?m_code=GBCHPTJWUN&utm_source=game&utm_medium=html&utm_campaign=homeshare

Also if you care about sharing stats:
Genshin Impact: I'll share my Teyvat travel memories with you~ https://hoyo.link/6SWeFCAL?utm_source=game&utm_medium=html&utm_campaign=resultshare&m_code=GBCHPTJWUN

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
One of the really cool things about Neuvillette is if you cancel his charge attacks, you can self heal with his droplets really well. It pretty easy to keep him topped off, even with no healer on the team.

His glaring weakness at C0 is getting hit during his charge attack, as it completely knocks him out of it. He moves faster in his attack state than wanderer (no dashing iframes, though) , and it usually isn't a huge problem, but some bosses with AoE or seeking missiles can just shut you down.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
In Invokation news, wanderer plays so weird (his normals attack the person in your NEXT character slot) most people don't know how to defend against him. Most of the support card changes make alot of them pretty good/fun. Dehya is also pretty good if you use her skill card, but very blah otherwise.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
That archon quest had some complete crap for gameplay. We have a weird combination of open exploration in a huge space easy to get lost in, and having it take control and force us along most of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
Being able to substitute world quests and exploration for daily commissions is a game changer.