Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Philthy posted:

So... Anyone have any idea where episode 2 of Pariah Nexus is?

Yeah :( Don't expect GW to maintain a strict release schedule of 1 new episode a week. Episode 2 might show up in another week...maybe two? Maybe it doesn't even come out until middle of October. Who knows. What do you think this is? Netflix?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Highline
Mar 28, 2009

celewign posted:

I must be the only person that loved the ending of Seveneves. And Anathem. And Snow Crash. And the diamond age. And Zodiac

I think the ending of all those are pretty much the weakest parts of said books. But I still really enjoyed every one of them.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Philthy posted:

So... Anyone have any idea where episode 2 of Pariah Nexus is?

Coming out next week.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/09/24/sunday-preview-codex-space-marines-slams-into-action/

Do you want some books? Of course ya do!

Next week's big pre-order is Genefather by Guy Haley.

Comes in Hardback, ebook and audiobook. And the usual special edition limited to like 1200-2000 copies. Which also comes with an extra short story, which is different.

Oddly enough the number isn't actually specified this time around.

Then we have the paperback release of Wrath of the Lost by Chris Forrester.

Then we have the audiobook version of Only in Death.

Lastly, we have an AoS themed eshorts week, featuring stories by Jonathan Green, Rhuairidh James, Gary Kloster, C L Werner, and Noah Van Nguyen.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Born of Flame feels like running directly into a brick wall, and like I said earlier, I ended up loving Old Earth. Emperor give me strength.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

If anybodys been waiting for the paperback of Wrath of the lost I wouldn't bother, it's not good.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Black Griffon posted:

Born of Flame feels like running directly into a brick wall, and like I said earlier, I ended up loving Old Earth. Emperor give me strength.

I mistly enjoyed Old Earth but Born of Flame might legit be the worst story collection in the whole Heresy

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Who is reading the Only In Death audio book?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

No idea, they never mention the narrator for those in the previews. So either you'll find out on the BL page when it comes up for pre-order, or when you start listening to it. v:v:v

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Presumably it'll be Toby Longworth as he's done all the others.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Genefather looks promising but it's Guy Haley, I'm hesitant to dive in tbh.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Angry Lobster posted:

Genefather looks promising but it's Guy Haley, I'm hesitant to dive in tbh.

While the space marine side of The Great Work wasn't its most compelling, it was a good book in general I'd say with some really interesting character work. I think Guy Haley is really good when he's doing something where he doesn't have to paint by numbers sell the new models of space marine, with the marketing team breathing down his neck. He's been pretty open that being assigned the tie in novel to a product launch has way more impositions on it.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Sep 25, 2023

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Guy Haley isn’t as bad as I thought. Perturbo: Hammer of Olympia and The Lost and the Damned were good reads.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Did they lose all their artists? Those latest releases look like high school art class doodles.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Post your high school art class doodles.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Pron on VHS posted:

Guy Haley isn’t as bad as I thought. Perturbo: Hammer of Olympia and The Lost and the Damned were good reads.

i like the perturabo book. the hrud stuff kinda drags but it works with the theme the book is going for that perty could solve most of his issues by being asertive or at least doing what he wants to do but instead he just sulks and bitches and waits for someone to feed him compliments.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

The End and the Death pt 3 out on January 30th, 2024 per Barnes and Noble.

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-end-and-the-death-dan-abnett/1144084925?ean=9781804074886

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

When is 2 out ??

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

euphronius posted:

When is 2 out ??

November 7th.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

When do we reckon the preorder will be up?

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Oh poo poo I am so glad they are going to put them out so close together. I think I'm more excited about these two than I was the last game of thrones book.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
The only throne you should be excited for is the golden throne, citizen.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Hell yeah, maybe this means Bequin pt.3 also comes out in 24

Miguel Prado
Nov 5, 2008

Don't worry, like they say " It's all good! "

Telsa Cola posted:

The only throne you should be excited for is the golden throne, citizen.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Pyrolocutus posted:

The End and the Death pt 3 out on January 30th, 2024 per Barnes and Noble.

That's a tuesday though. GW doesn't release books in the middle of the week.
In which case I figure it'll maybe come out on the 27th, and then the third party retailers get it later.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/09/27/graham-mcneills-classic-storm-of-iron-returns-in-a-dazzling-hardback/

It's now Storm of Iron's time to get a reprint with a newer cover. That's about it.

Whenever this book crops up I'm reminded of a post on an old 40k fanfic forum I hung out on in aeons past, wherein someone mentioned they hated the book so much they threw it against a wall.

a shitty king
Mar 26, 2010

Cooked Auto posted:

That's a tuesday though. GW doesn't release books in the middle of the week.
In which case I figure it'll maybe come out on the 27th, and then the third party retailers get it later.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/09/27/graham-mcneills-classic-storm-of-iron-returns-in-a-dazzling-hardback/

It's now Storm of Iron's time to get a reprint with a newer cover. That's about it.

Whenever this book crops up I'm reminded of a post on an old 40k fanfic forum I hung out on in aeons past, wherein someone mentioned they hated the book so much they threw it against a wall.

Canon alert!!! Honsou doesn't get his living metal arm until the crossovers with Uriel Ventris.

Boy I sure hope someone got fired for that blunder.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
First BL book I ever read, still has a special place in my heart.

Also, I'm legit having the shakes for more ADB fare. I know he's recovering from some health issues and wish him all the best, but I need the third Black Legion book, stat!

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Sephyr posted:

First BL book I ever read, still has a special place in my heart.

Also, I'm legit having the shakes for more ADB fare. I know he's recovering from some health issues and wish him all the best, but I need the third Black Legion book, stat!

No shade on ADB's health issues - I've seen the blog posts about his personal struggles - but I have a feeling the third Black Legion book is wrapped up in the same situation with the third Bequin book, in that I think whatever drops in EatD vol 3 opens the floodgates.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

Pyrolocutus posted:

No shade on ADB's health issues - I've seen the blog posts about his personal struggles - but I have a feeling the third Black Legion book is wrapped up in the same situation with the third Bequin book, in that I think whatever drops in EatD vol 3 opens the floodgates.
Valdor sinking his 'spear that learns about everything it pierces' into the Vengeful Spirit may turn out to be a tad misjudged.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Was Pariah Nexus animated by the same people who did the 9th Edition Trailer or the Kill Team Trailer?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

Was Pariah Nexus animated by the same people who did the 9th Edition Trailer or the Kill Team Trailer?

M2 Animation, yeah. They also did the 3rd Ed AoS Hobgrotz vs Stormcast trailer.

von Metternich
May 7, 2007
Why the hell not?

Pyrolocutus posted:

Do people think this is also the case for Horus' primarch novel? That's become kind of conspicuous by its absence.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Picked this up still sealed

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Badass!

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

D-Pad posted:

Picked this up still sealed

Very cool. I sometimes think about all of the old Warhammer stuff (both Fantasy and 40k) that I picked up in the late 90's/early 00's that would be serious nostalgia bait today if I would have had the foresight to keep it.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Well, Sons of the Forge was better than the rest of Born of Flame, if nothing else. Is the ending there the only bit in the series that flashes forward to the 41st millennium?

Abyss
Oct 29, 2011
I have a lore question that I'm unable to find a solid answer to. In the Sanction & Sin anthology, the short story "The Siege of Ismyr" by Victoria Hayward there is a captain sanctioner (patrol police) that is asked if she was military. In response, she says, "Not quite. Panthera." The other mention during the story was her use of satrophine, which they used in the Panthera at times when they were injured and needed to still keep fighting. Her role was a sniper in whatever this unit was. The only thing in wikis is that a Panthera was a star fighter in 30k and the name of a war hound titan.

It doesn't sound like planetary defense and it's not a type of enforcer sub-group that has been mentioned before. Maybe this is just some sort of para-militarum group that the author made up?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Man I want to get that hardback of The End and the Death volume 2 but volume 1 seems sold out unless I buy used for $60. Also can't find it listed anywhere except amazon.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Abyss posted:

I have a lore question that I'm unable to find a solid answer to. In the Sanction & Sin anthology, the short story "The Siege of Ismyr" by Victoria Hayward there is a captain sanctioner (patrol police) that is asked if she was military. In response, she says, "Not quite. Panthera." The other mention during the story was her use of satrophine, which they used in the Panthera at times when they were injured and needed to still keep fighting. Her role was a sniper in whatever this unit was. The only thing in wikis is that a Panthera was a star fighter in 30k and the name of a war hound titan.

It doesn't sound like planetary defense and it's not a type of enforcer sub-group that has been mentioned before. Maybe this is just some sort of para-militarum group that the author made up?

The Imperium varies wildly from planet to planet. It sounds like a local paramilitary force.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Demiurge4 posted:

Man I want to get that hardback of The End and the Death volume 2 but volume 1 seems sold out unless I buy used for $60. Also can't find it listed anywhere except amazon.

IIRC the hardbacks are limited run and not available regularly so anyone selling it on amazon or ebay is second hand or scalping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Abyss posted:

Yeah it was probably a one off the author put in for flavor.

Demiurge4 posted:

I've got a new copy I'll sell you for $40 shipped (assuming you are in the US). PM me.