Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
https://twitter.com/NathanSRuiz/status/1707535895392350559?t=9lhQD20zIMp5FH-g5XNt9Q&s=19

That was a loving stupid thing to spend 9 months delaying but the idiot failson signed the drat lease.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat

Artix posted:

https://twitter.com/NathanSRuiz/status/1707535895392350559?t=9lhQD20zIMp5FH-g5XNt9Q&s=19

That was a loving stupid thing to spend 9 months delaying but the idiot failson signed the drat lease.

He did this so he can throw out the first pitch in the ALDS

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
He signs Adley to a 10 year deal he can throw out every first pitch he wants, frankly.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

I challenge the Blue Jays to score a run this week.

One would assume the Yankees sweeping and shutting them out would eliminate them from the playoffs without a doubt but Seattle and Houston are trying really hard to suck even more, like no one wants to go to the postseason.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

this is interesting, don't think I've heard of this kinda thing happening before

https://twitter.com/THEREAL_DV/status/1707529846178431423

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

bawfuls posted:

this is interesting, don't think I've heard of this kinda thing happening before

https://twitter.com/THEREAL_DV/status/1707529846178431423

Braves announced they'd also be doing simulated games, though they'd be free for the general public. I think it's a good idea for exactly baseball only. Every other sport has too high an injury risk to do something like that, in my opinion.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Artix posted:

Good. It's a fantastic park and leaving should have never been on the table.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
better o's logo: derpy cartoon bird or realistic bird?

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
derp birb

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

agreed

first 100 win O's team since 1980 and no reason to think they won't be this good for the next several years

is bautista going to be back for the playoffs?

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

this one in particular

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i'm very excited about the orioles, a team i have definitely rooted for my entire life and not only just fully adopted this year when they finally got really good

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Intruder posted:

is bautista going to be back for the playoffs?

We don't know. Last I saw he had done a simulated game but that's still a ways off from "actually for real pitching in the playoffs". Obviously you want him back, but is, say, 80% Bautista better than Tyler Wells? Perez? I don't know that he is.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Red posted:

Do they still do game 163 tie-breakers?

yes, they do a best of 163 game tiebreakers

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Intruder posted:

Realistic bird all the way.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Patrick Spens posted:

Realistic bird all the way.

i love them both but usually carry the realistic bird. my brother's friend would get pissed at me for it though, cause that logo was usually associated with the Not Good years

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

cartoon bird is king

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug
Also let's go the Rangers!

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

Cubs are toast, fun season though.

Yeah they did much better than I expected. Gotta sign Belli though.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Yeah they did much better than I expected. Gotta sign Belli though.

They won’t.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Red posted:

I wonder if anyone is going to pitch more than 150 IP 20 years from now.
this is why I think BORGs are the new market inefficiency. you have to pitch about 1470 innings per year and guys that can give you a 105 ERA+ for 175 innings are waaay more valuable than 120 ERA+ over 130 IP, 45 IP you don't have to dip into your bullpen for means you get to dodge your bad arms and send your good arms out more often.

if I'm a GM I'm looking for fading guys that have a year left in their arms, offer them league min 1yr deals and ride them.into the ground with the promise they'll get to start. either they explode their arms or they pitch great, revitalize their career and collect a bag elsewhere

Give me every Rich Hill and Livan Hernandez I can find

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Sep 29, 2023

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Intruder posted:

I think the derpy version of any team's logo is universally better. Just some barrel bodied weirdo swingin the bat

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Sure Cabrera is finally coming off of the books and ERod is probably going to opt out, but where will they find the money?!?

I would love it if they got creative and tried to extend Riley Greene to a reasonable deal due to the injury concerns (ala early Steph Curry), but we can't have nice things.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Red posted:

I wonder if anyone is going to pitch more than 150 IP 20 years from now.

I just watched the Nolan Ryan doc and the part where he'd get genuinely offended when he got pulled seems so far away now

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Cartoon bird for sure

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I just watched the Nolan Ryan doc and the part where he'd get genuinely offended when he got pulled seems so far away now

We still see this happen from time to time. Most famously when Blake Snell was taken out by Kevin Cash in the 6th inning of game 6 in the 2020 World Series only having thrown 73 pitches.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Lets go orange birds

Such a satisfying division win

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Cartoon bird is objectively correct and I'm so glad I can stop making Oklahoma City Orioles cope jokes to my friends

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

El Gallinero Gros posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ_8QpqaWV8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXm2HJZB6hk

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

Cartoon bird 100%. You can’t get mad at that lil guy.

Also hell yes division win! The last time this happened in 2014 I was running around my house by myself hooting and hollering like a maniac, and this time I had to be very subdued about it because my six month old son was asleep on my shoulder and I didn’t want to risk waking him up.

Necronomicon fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Sep 29, 2023

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

there's a real scenario where aroldis chapman just knocked the rangers out of the playoffs (unlikely but possible)

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Intruder posted:

there's a real scenario where aroldis chapman just knocked the rangers out of the playoffs (unlikely but possible)

You love to see it

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

G O M S

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

the rangers have 30 saves and 33 blown saves on the season, that doesn't seem real. it doesn't seem possible

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug
At least if the Ranger's couldn't do their job I got to see a Chapman meltdown.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Chapman has gotta be thrown out with the garbage at this point

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

france vs gallen tomorow, yikes

maybe I shouldn't have been GOMSing tonight

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Never stop GOMSing

Kirios posted:

Good. It's a fantastic park and leaving should have never been on the table.

I've always admired Camden and would want to go to it if I ever visit the east coast again.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Angel strikes again

https://youtu.be/suRRUUGk1F0?si=9W6UjddmCYm_ZKoF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Intruder posted:

the rangers have 30 saves and 33 blown saves on the season, that doesn't seem real. it doesn't seem possible

Saves can be blown by more than just the closer, it's probably not as uncommon as you think.