Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
At the end of Jason Goes to Hell, why was the cop friend able to talk while he was possessed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Pope Corky the IX posted:

At the end of Jason Goes to Hell, why was the cop friend able to talk while he was possessed?

Cause that movie has no internal logic and outside of the campsite and diner scene is bad.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Holy poo poo, Saw X so far has an 83% on RT, putting it far ahead of the rest of the series. I'm so excited to see this tomorrow.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I've sated my lust for gore by watching Samurai movies all month. It loving rules. Sunday's gonna be great I got like 6 movies to watch.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

weekly font posted:

Cause that movie has no internal logic and outside of the campsite and diner scene is bad.

the scene where the coroner eats the heart rules

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Jason goes to hell is loving awesome.

Heart Eating Scene
Jason getting blown apart by a mortar
Homoerotic Shaving Scene

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I like how after eight movies of killing people immediately he just hits that one annoying dude in the stomach with the stick end of a rake a few times.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Heavy Metal posted:

Any favs? I watched half of Yes Madam (will get back to it), and still have a couple other 80s ones on the list. I've enjoyed the 90s co-star films though etc. Actually I thought Heroic Trio wasn't so good, or just ok for me. But still, Michelle is great, that cast is great overall.

For a shlocky Maggie Cheung I like, the 80s Iceman Cometh was my jam.

There is no schlockier Maggie Cheung movie that The Seventh Curse, I will be forever thankful to this thread for introducing me to that movie.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
The boys are excited for tomorrow, gonna hit these challenges hard

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Lumbermouth posted:

There is no schlockier Maggie Cheung movie that The Seventh Curse, I will be forever thankful to this thread for introducing me to that movie.

:hai:

The skeletons attacking gets me every time.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Holy poo poo, Saw X so far has an 83% on RT, putting it far ahead of the rest of the series. I'm so excited to see this tomorrow.

I can't wait to see my bestie Amanda again <3

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

:hai:

The skeletons attacking gets me every time.

It's Chow Yun Fat ending the movie by rocket launchering the villain and immediately hard cutting to an unrelated swanky brandy party for me.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
What movie has the best skeletons? I saw Army of Darkness in the theater earlier this year and it's hard to beat.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

What movie has the best skeletons? I saw Army of Darkness in the theater earlier this year and it's hard to beat.

the box art for evil dead 2

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

harryhausen's still basically unbeatable on this front

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Yup, the objective correct answer here is Jason and the Argonauts.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Army of Darkness has so many skeletons just punching dudes in the face.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
And they’re just having so much fun.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Yup, the objective correct answer here is Jason and the Argonauts.

:colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flD5ZTC3juk

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Saw X certified fresh at 83% after 47 reviews

https://twitter.com/SLASHERDANCE/status/1707518402095403420

Heading to the theater now. Never fuckin doubted :getin: :smug:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

lmao hell yeah. It may not be the franchise for me but I'm glad fans are seemingly getting the platonic ideal of what it sometimes wanted to be. The more good horror the better.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lumbermouth posted:

It's Chow Yun Fat ending the movie by rocket launchering the villain and immediately hard cutting to an unrelated swanky brandy party for me.

Welp, adding this to the list

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i sure hope saw x doesn't expect me to watch jigsaw and sprial, i sure hope chris rock doesn't show up in a post credits scene and says he is putting a trap together

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Snooze Cruise posted:

i sure hope saw x doesn't expect me to watch jigsaw and sprial, i sure hope chris rock doesn't show up in a post credits scene and says he is putting a trap together

Lol Extra funny given rocks role in spiral

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Someone on Youtube asking the real questions, finally:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgBTxv48o5Q

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Jason is mondo cool. I'll prob rewatch 4 and 6 myself, agreed 5 is one of the most entertaining. So 80s.

Snooze Cruise posted:

holy weapon ended up being my fav thing i watched in that group. sex comedy wuxia from the 90s.

you got stuff like women falling in love with crossdressing michelle yeoh, and magical hrt medicine.. tho cw, lot of sexual assault jokes.

yes madam ultimately bore me but its interesting watching it and being like "oh this must have been a lot of people's lesbian awakening movie" lmao

Nice!

Lumbermouth posted:

Ooh, I'm gonna make that one of my watch picks for October, bonus Chow too.

Hollismason posted:

I've sated my lust for gore by watching Samurai movies all month. It loving rules. Sunday's gonna be great I got like 6 movies to watch.

I'd like to know your favs of that bunch, or of samurai movies in general too. I do enjoy G.I. Samurai.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Heavy Metal posted:

Jason is mondo cool. I'll prob rewatch 4 and 6 myself, agreed 5 is one of the most entertaining. So 80s.

Nice!

Ooh, I'm gonna make that one of my watch picks for October, bonus Chow too.

I'd like to know your favs of that bunch, or of samurai movies in general too. I do enjoy G.I. Samurai.

I've mostly been watching Lone Wolf and Cub , Zaotochi movies , and then some like more modern stuff like 13 Assassins.

I really love all of the Lone Wolf and Cub movies even though I ended up watching them out of order.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Hollismason posted:

I've mostly been watching Lone Wolf and Cub , Zaotochi movies , and then some like more modern stuff like 13 Assassins.

I really love all of the Lone Wolf and Cub movies even though I ended up watching them out of order.

Righteous! I've been meaning to see 13 Assassins too. Zatoichi rules.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Lone Wolf and Cub films are a mandatory annual rewatch for me.

It’s the greatest blend of samurai gore and endless too-red 1970s movie blood.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I've always wanted to watch LW&C, I wish I could count it toward my October challenge.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
e: wrong thread sorry >.<

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

My favorite samurai films

Hara-Kiri (1962)
Sword of Doom (1966)
Lady Snowblood (1973)*
13 Assassins (2010)
Onibaba (1964)**
Any of the Kurosawa ones honestly they're all fantastic (a bunch of different years)

*Don't remember if this contains any actual samurai but it's great.

**also a horror film

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Sep 29, 2023

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I am so excited for Phy and Heavy Metal to watch Seventh Curse for the first time, it is a loving EXPERIENCE

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

FreudianSlippers posted:

Hara-Kiri (1962)
Sword of Doom (1966)
Lady Snowblood (1973)*
13 Assassins (2010)
Onibaba (1964)**
Any of the Kurosawa ones honestly they're all fantastic (a bunch of different years)

**also a horror film

Yojimbo has some pretty impressive gore for the time period, fully severed limbs and whatnot. Also probably everybody knows, it was wholly ripped off by Leone to make Fistful of Dollars, in may places shot-for-shot.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Bless Sanjuro for accidentally creating the cool spray blood effect we all love in samurai movies.

(It was supposed to be normal blood but a coupler broke and turned it into a geyser and Kurosawa was like WAIT HELL YEAH WERE KEEPING THAT)

Edit-- this scene, god it's so good https://youtu.be/UkkF6Zz67TE?si=xa4iWGhvI1vMEHyT

Count Thrashula fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Sep 29, 2023

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

FreudianSlippers posted:

Hara-Kiri (1962)
Sword of Doom (1966)
Lady Snowblood (1973)*
13 Assassins (2010)
Onibaba (1964)**

**also a horror film

Onibaba is so loving good. Given the thread we're in, it's a huge recommend, cuz who here doesn't love witches and cursed masks and demon samurai.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

The way grass is shot in Onibaba is enchanting. I love it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Someone on Youtube asking the real questions, finally:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgBTxv48o5Q

The one they cut our. Easily

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Excited to read the synopsis for SawX (pronounced socks with a boston accent) and then say “yeah I’m good”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
they got a lot out of a character that technically died in the third movie i respect that