Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

Pennywise the Frown posted:

What if your phone dies?

Like, you drop it 3 feet and it smashes apart? Or the battery just runs out?

A single key is much much much smaller and lighter than a smart phone.

A hidden capacitive keypad lights up on the door, you enter a code, when you get into the car it says no key detected and asks you to enter an alpha-numeric passcode on the center screen and the car starts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Here's a very long story of Glenn Howerton describing Tesla phone bullshit.

https://jalopnik.com/dennis-from-al...%20drive%20off.

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxud-F_kMWM&t=232s

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Three Olives posted:

A hidden capacitive keypad lights up on the door, you enter a code, when you get into the car it says no key detected and asks you to enter an alpha-numeric passcode on the center screen and the car starts.

I'm not a luddite in the least bit, but loving christ I hate the future of cars.

Do you have a paid subscription for your seat warmers?

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I'm not a luddite in the least bit, but loving christ I hate the future of cars.

You're going to hate the future of cars a lot more when you read this:

It’s Official: Cars Are the Worst Product Category We Have Ever Reviewed for Privacy
https://foundation.mozilla.org/en/p...ed-for-privacy/

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
the fully assembled inspector gadget happy meal toy from mcdonalds

the grabber arm can extend your reach by a good 2-3 inches, the other arm can be used as a water reservoir or to smuggle liquids. one of the legs is a flashlight and just in case the battery runs out if you take off the front of his torso and push in on his head there's an electromechanical sparkler that can generate some light. and the waistband watch is fully functional

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

It has a keyfob if you want to use that and the only reason you would use the backup method is if your phone battery died or was broken.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Just leave your key fob in your car

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Who keeps their keys outside of their pockets?

can’t stand that jingle-jangle. gotta have my stuff stowed and silenced and not all bunched up or i get real weird and anxious

the chudabiner solves these issues like so:

also keeps my yubikeys from getting all linty

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

I wrap a hair elastic thing around where my keys touch the key ring. It keeps them together so they don't jingle, and I can fan them out when I unlock things and they just fold themselves back together when I'm done.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Dick Fontaine posted:

can’t stand that jingle-jangle. gotta have my stuff stowed and silenced and not all bunched up or i get real weird and anxious

the chudabiner solves these issues like so:

also keeps my yubikeys from getting all linty

Well that I can get on board with. It seems like an easier way to pull your keys out of your pocket.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
My home doesn't have locks on it and my car can be stolen with a USB stick but crime isnt really a thing here so I guess I need an idontcarabiner

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

500excf type r posted:

My home doesn't have locks on it and my car can be stolen with a USB stick but crime isnt really a thing here so I guess I need an idontcarabiner

Not everyone lives in Canada.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I live in Connecticut, aren't you in Wisconsin? Talk about being a Canadian

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Well that I can get on board with. It seems like an easier way to pull your keys out of your pocket.

with a little practice you can quickdraw your keys in the style of revolver ocelot. extremely satisfying

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

500excf type r posted:

I live in Connecticut, aren't you in Wisconsin? Talk about being a Canadian

I've been swinging and missing on a few lot of jokes lately.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Dont be hard on yourself, you turned my frown upside down, clown

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Is it not better to step up to the plate and have a go, rather than to sit in the grandstands and talk poo poo about the players?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I live in Canada :)

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
boobs will cure what ails ya

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Why does inspector gadget look like Al gore?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Professor Shark posted:

Why does inspector gadget look like Al gore?

Because it’s Matthew Broderick

I vividly remember the advertisements for the happy meal toys, and YES I wanted a plastic Matthew Broderick, who wouldn’t???

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Not to be CARABINER GUY again, but mostly they hang out on keys that I don't use, in a backpack or tent I may want to hang on a clothing rack or hook or something, and a couple in my car's glovebox for "whatever" duty ie: securing a load in the bed of a truck (with the rope someone always has but never thinks to include attachments), snapping a pouch to a pack, tightening tent guylines, etc. The previously mentioned misphonia-anti- key-jangling trick is good too, and I actually used to do until I got rid of half my keys.

Also, y'all buy a second keyring and transfer any key you don't use in a month to it. Keep it in a safe place and use it when you need it. You don't need that key that opens that one lock on a case you haven't touched since march on your main key ring.

They're useful and

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Not to be BIDET GUY again, but I now have an adjustable high pressure washer attached to my toilet!

I figured I'd test it out at max pressure to check for leaks. All good.

My delicate anus handled the spray just fine, but I was waving it around too carelessly "down there" and briefly made contact with the left side of my scrotum.

I've had a fast-bowled cricket ball straight to the testicles one time. This was a bit like that.

I think ¼ of a turn might be the way forward for now.

:)

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Bidets are always like that, not sure why. Never owned one that couldn't hit the ceiling at max pressure, never used one above half pressure after the first time.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Time to nag my partner about getting a bidet again. I felt downright purified after using one the first time. Rejuvenate. Awoken.

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
Food $200

Data $150

Rent $800

Carabiners $3,600

Utility $150

someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

teen witch posted:

Time to nag my partner about getting a bidet again. I felt downright purified after using one the first time. Rejuvenate. Awoken.

Just order one.

It was about $39 :australia:.

Like my left testicle still hurts a little, but I feel it was worth it.

If I need to wash a circus elephant I am totally set.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

A question to carabiner guys: do you REALLY lose your keys that often that it warrants locking them to your belt? I carry keys in my back pocket and lost them exactly once in my entire lifetime

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I’m throwing out every carabiner I own thanks thread

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

teen witch posted:

Because it’s Matthew Broderick

I vividly remember the advertisements for the happy meal toys, and YES I wanted a plastic Matthew Broderick, who wouldn’t???

The guy he ran over.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Pac and Cheese posted:

the grabber arm can extend your reach by a good 2-3 inches, the other arm can be used as a water reservoir or to smuggle liquids. one of the legs is a flashlight and just in case the battery runs out if you take off the front of his torso and push in on his head there's an electromechanical sparkler that can generate some light. and the waistband watch is fully functional

I'm no huge Inspector Gadget fan, but I have to say this toy looks fantastic! Did you assemble it from individual pieces painstakingly sourced from many Happy Meals you ate, or did you buy it from a collector for like $1,000?

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Sekenr posted:

I carry keys in my back pocket

:psyduck:

Seems bad for sitting

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo

Pac and Cheese posted:

his face

this is not MY inspector gadget!

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
A bandsaw, OP.

It’s amazing to just be able to cut small pieces of wood (or plastic or even metal) into the exact shape you want. It makes annoying home maintenance tasks extremely easy, not to mention bigger projects.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Apollodorus posted:

A bandsaw, OP.

It’s amazing to just be able to cut small pieces of wood (or plastic or even metal) into the exact shape you want. It makes annoying home maintenance tasks extremely easy, not to mention bigger projects.

I definitely know about this but do not live in a bandsaw compatible situation

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Extra row of tits posted:

The guy he ran over.

Psh that’s only because he’s dead though

Anyway, bidets are cool and good, highly recommend. Carabiners, can take or leave. Can anyone recommend a decent weed gummy that doesn’t taste like diet skunk?

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo
insulated* mugs own if you drink a lot of tea

i always leave them around getting cold so this thing has just made life so nice and easy. pretty much always warm tea, even when I’ve left on the side for 30 mins while I space out on something.

Edit lolz

Crystal Thenis fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Sep 30, 2023

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
the one that i will go to is a Big Investment but it's definitely something i feel like everyone overlooks, and that's a modern bed. by which i mean a sleep number or one of its auto-adjustable knockoffs.

I resisted getting one for years because, obviously, they are expensive (thousands of dollars), and i already slept well. i have a very positive relationship with sleep after my childhood of suffering under weekly night terrors (not nightMARES), so after getting those behind me i always looked forward to sleep and rested very well, all things considered.

a modern adjustable bed is a massive gamechanger even for someone who is already sleeping 'well'. having something just automatically handle basic sleep hygiene stuff like keeping support correct, warming your feet slightly, and ensuring appropriate head/neck tilt. the overall quality of my rest is easily up 50% since i got this thing a year ago and it's almost a superpower. i can fall asleep much more reliably, and when i wake up after 7-8 hours, i'm consistently refreshed and energized. i haven't even had a sick day since i bought it because every time i start feeling under the weather, resting actually works to fend off whatever i'm fighting. on the days i need to nap because i did not sleep well for whatever reason, napping in my bed makes me so calm and chilled out that i basically feel like i popped a valium, only it lasts for hours.

yes, it was expensive, but you spend literally a third of your life in bed. getting more out of that time is a massive win for basic, fundamental health.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Crystal Thenis posted:

insulted mugs own if you drink a lot of tea

i always leave them around getting cold so this thing has just made life so nice and easy. pretty much always warm tea, even when I’ve left on the side for 30 mins while I space out on something.

gently caress you mug, you’re leaky and probably give people lead poisoning

But yeah, a good vacuum-insulated stainless steel tumbler or mug is vital whether you’re keeping things cold or hot. Yeti is pricey as hell but pretty good.

Thing is though, I think they’re only good to a certain point. I got a Yeti 20oz tumbler from work that was perfect, it kept my water properly cold all daggum day. Except 20oz wasn’t enough (that and I don’t like having company branding on my stuff), so I decided to get a 32oz; unfortunately, I think that the tumbler might be too big to keep cold water adequately chilled for an extended period. Is this a thing or is it more about the particular tumbler, or is it just me? I guess it just makes me drink up my water faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo

root beer posted:

gently caress you mug, you’re leaky and probably give people lead poisoning

But yeah, a good vacuum-insulated stainless steel tumbler or mug is vital whether you’re keeping things cold or hot. Yeti is pricey as hell but pretty good.

Thing is though, I think they’re only good to a certain point. I got a Yeti 20oz tumbler from work that was perfect, it kept my water properly cold all daggum day. Except 20oz wasn’t enough (that and I don’t like having company branding on my stuff), so I decided to get a 32oz; unfortunately, I think that the tumbler might be too big to keep cold water adequately chilled for an extended period. Is this a thing or is it more about the particular tumbler, or is it just me? I guess it just makes me drink up my water faster.

it was a choice between Stanley and Yeti and I went for the latter. my bigger 26oz yeti is great for keeping things cold and I’ve been drinking more water with the nice straw lid.

for the cup the bottle and the straw it cost not shy off £100 but they feel very nice to use. before these I guy my brand was kinto but they’re just too small.