Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

pencilhands posted:

Uhhh what about if society collapses and fiat money is rendered worthless?

Dollar bills are going to be worth way more than gold because at least you can use them to start a fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

smoobles posted:

In the post apocalypse i will live in a Costco

Solid brick

Sky light windows

Only 2 entrances

They are modern day castles.

Somebody that is good at photoshop plz help:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I asked my son (6) what kind of job he wants when he's in high school. He said "Costco".

PBUC

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

God that movie and book.

Still give me chills.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I forget, did the movie have the balls to show the baby meal?

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

God that movie and book.

Still give me chills.

they're taking us to the smokehouse!

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Well kimchi was on sale so I bought three containers.

In the usual spot, they had new packaging with single serving pouches of kimchi. Really hope they’re not transitioning to that.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Tiny Timbs posted:

I forget, did the movie have the balls to show the baby meal?

FishBowlRobot posted:

Well kimchi was on sale

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
The jug is a single serving of kimchi already

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

FishBowlRobot posted:

Well kimchi was on sale so I bought three containers.

In the usual spot, they had new packaging with single serving pouches of kimchi. Really hope they’re not transitioning to that.

i first saw that packaging in 2006ish in korea itself

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

505 is now coming in smaller jars??

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

bob dobbs is dead posted:

i first saw that packaging in 2006ish in korea itself

Oh yeah? I DON’T LIKE IT.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

bizwank posted:

Wow Costco bagels are awful. Where do they even get off calling these things bagels?? It'd probably help if they finishing baking them, for one.

wtf am I going to do with all this cream cheese now

buy bagels somewhere else, unfortunately

costco bagels are possibly the worst thing out of that whole department, which is a real shame

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
Costco bagels are at least better than Thomas's

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Aren't costco bagels one of those things like toilet paper where there are regional differences?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Cithen posted:

I was about to ask that.

I do online pickup at my grocery store, and last week they gave me somebody else's bag by accident. Inside was a bag of Panera everything bagels and Thomas's plain bagels. I'm a fukin NYC native, we're weird about bagels, I would never buy that garbage.

So of course I kept the bag, and since I didn't have bagels in my house I ate them anyway. The Panera ones were pretty decent. The Thomas's bagels were bread.

DeusIgnis
Jan 17, 2010

I swear, Costco intentionally designs their parking lots so poorly. It’s always like a mad chaos just to get a parking spot.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Cithen posted:

They actually aren't though, at least not the ones I got from store #1. They're about the furthest thing from a bagel that I've ever eaten and oh boy have I eaten a lot of bad bagels

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

DeusIgnis posted:

I swear, Costco intentionally designs their parking lots so poorly. It’s always like a mad chaos just to get a parking spot.

double lines tho

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Ror posted:

double lines tho

Love the double lines to give me space from fellow parishioners praise mobiles to enjoy that killer hot dog combo for $1.50 with free refill in my car before driving home.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Cithen posted:

This triggers me as I usually get Thomas's bagels at the grocery store except when I have gone to Costco because they are so much better than Thomas's (and I already think Thomas's is better than poo poo like Lenders). There is a local place that does NY style that I will grab from once or twice a year thats significantly better than any of that though. Each jump up in quality (at least for me) is like 2x as much in cost though.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

DeusIgnis posted:

They are some of the best around though? Larger than usual spots so you don't feel like the rear end in a top hat next to you is as likely to smash his doors into you.

The only issue is that they aren't big enough, but that's because outside of East Asia they haven't wanted to spend the money on giant multi-story parking decks.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Some of the Costco bakeries have fresh bagels and some have par baked frozen ones.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

baked bagels? oof

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

The Saucer Hovers posted:

baked bagels? oof

How do you make bagels?

DeusIgnis posted:

Must be your region? The ones in Colorado are great. The ideal move for me is to go deep right away and find a spot close to a cart corral. And not only are the double lines nice for spacing, the lanes themselves are wider than many lots I go to and I can easily pull in to a spot.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

StormDrain posted:

How do you make bagels?

Par boiled, hopefully. Costco bagels are really lovely but it's fun to occasionally have an excuse to put cream cheese on white bread for breakfast

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

oh im dumb i looked it up and parbaked ones are boiled first too

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I dunno about anyone else but I really like the bagels from Giant/Martin's/Stop-N-Shop. Yeah bakery fresh is best, but the self-serve bagels there have the exact level of firmness I'm looking for in a bagel, and I swear by them.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Please patronize your local independently owned bagel shops and buy their bags of day-olds for pennies on teh dollar thank you in advance.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Chinatown posted:

Please patronize your local independently owned bagel shops and buy their bags of day-olds for pennies on teh dollar thank you in advance.

for me i think that's walmart

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Bagel noob here. I usually get thomases. How do I get good bagels

I live in western ma if that helps

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

costco bagels are made out of compressed toilet paper

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004
Kirkland paper towels no longer come individually wrapped. While that may be good for the planet, it sucks to have paper towels get slowly moist in storage. PNW is a bitch for that.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

The Saucer Hovers posted:

oh im dumb i looked it up and parbaked ones are boiled first too

Ya, you can't just boil them.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Woodsy Owl posted:

Kirkland paper towels no longer come individually wrapped. While that may be good for the planet, it sucks to have paper towels get slowly moist in storage. PNW is a bitch for that.

Pack them next to Costco 50lb bags of rice, problem solved!

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

pencilhands posted:

Bagel noob here. I usually get thomases. How do I get good bagels

I live in western ma if that helps

They need to be freshly made. All of those bagels from companies by the commercial breads are steamed and therefore not even real bagels. You can just go to your grocery store’s bakery and get their bagels and they will be 100x better. Real bagels have a sort of outer shell with a sheen to it from the boil.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

There's a zero percent chance your local grocery store is boiling their bagels. Steaming using a steam injection oven is standard for any bakery that doesn't specialize in bagels.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

well if that’s the case then I must be misunderstanding why mass produced bagels are particularly lovely, they’re completely different

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Went to church today to get some babby clothes and eggs and coffee creamer.

Walked out with a 11 pubic foot upright freezer for $375 after tax gently caress me