Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

floppyspud posted:

For the dumbass who was complaining about posting enemies in the last thread this really isn’t a good look. Give it up buddy.

Just when I thought you weren't posting like a pubbie you go ahead and do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Sickening posted:

Just when I thought you weren't posting like a pubbie you go ahead and do this.

You’re so boring

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
please stop posting like dog rear end both of you

:thanks:

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

i did a little gaming

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

World's Strongest Smelly Hobo
Wormholes are great because the only space chore is scanning out chains and it's heaven compared to grinding ADMs.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ulesi
Aug 30, 2023

WilWheaton posted:

Being good at eve online: the second genesis (2003) is maybe not a skill to boast about

Sometimes I'm baffled that this game has been such a huge part of my life. I'll probably still be thinking about it as the heart attack takes me.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

psilocybin laden posted:

i did a little gaming

You killed 3 marauders in an oracle? What the gently caress?

Oh duh, not solo, but that is a fun evening at least.

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023

Andohz posted:

Wormholes are great because the only space chore is scanning out chains and it's heaven compared to grinding ADMs.

My brother and I are living alone in a C4. It has C3 and C2 statics. We mostly ignore the C2's and farm the C3's. It's really nice, chill content. Huffing gas sites, pirate relic sites, C3 combat anomalies and the occasional ghost site... seems like there's always something to do.

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

World's Strongest Smelly Hobo

Dirac Fourier posted:

My brother and I are living alone in a C4. It has C3 and C2 statics. We mostly ignore the C2's and farm the C3's. It's really nice, chill content. Huffing gas sites, pirate relic sites, C3 combat anomalies and the occasional ghost site... seems like there's always something to do.

C2 is a great way to get a HS connection, just roll until you get a C2 with a HS static and you're golden. Ours is a C5 static meaning we get to roll until we find a C5 connected to something other than the C5 highway.

EDIT: but yeah, the new-day, new-chain thing is why I'm still playing tbh. Whatever happened yesterday is in the past.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
gonna make my money making navy dreads, but gently caress me it would be easier if pyerite was easier to obtain in null

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
I lived in a c5-c5 for a while and getting HS/LS exits was hit or miss but being able to carrier roll the static was so nice. I don't miss loving around with multiple BS and a HIC.

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021
I lived in a C2 with a high sec static for a while, mostly solo but with a few relatively fresh noobs. I really liked living there, the logistics were fairly easy to handle myself and there was plenty of low effort content. I do think we would have been better off in low sec or something though just because wormhole knowledge adds a whole extra layer of complexity onto an overwhelming game.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I've always wanted to daytrip into a hole to make some dank iskies, but good lord trying to find any sort of reliable guide for someone who doesn't know where the gently caress to start

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

I used to be scared of holes but living in the nest for a while cured me of my holephobia

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Ashy put up a basic passive drake fit that was good for C2s, but then Ashy did the thing so their blog is now permanently offline

Elchimpster
Mar 22, 2012
I had great success using 2 remote cap rattlesnakes to run c5 sites. For c3 I used a legion or tengu

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

I lived in a really great c2-4/hs solo with 3 accounts in a pos for maybe 10 days? It was really cool, but pretty slow for my at the time very active play style.

I would say 2 accounts with decent sp minimum, another 1 lower sp account is recommended, and then anything more than that is better. I looked a couple days ago with a character I left in there and a Russian group moved in with an Astra, kinda sad if I want to go back there any time. But their kb is super red so eh.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Ashy put up a basic passive drake fit that was good for C2s, but then Ashy did the thing so their blog is now permanently offline

It's back as of a couple of days ago at least.

You live in brave land right? Easiest way to get some hole cash is look for holes and multibox huff.

If you wanna shoot stuff look for c3s, ideally with a lot of anoms stored up and no/not many other holes in system. C3s only have one static (wormhole that respawn as soon as it dies instead of randomly whenever bob feels like it) and a null static c3 is rarely wanted by people that live in holes. Wait till you find one with few holes or roll them.

Then take a t3c, find a fit online, praxis, ishtar, or whatever multibox setup you like and clean it out for about 200- 300m/h depending on clear speed. Bring mtus and bookmark them.

Bingo bango, die to some random gang or make some blue loot bank.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

so there's no bounties, just drop an mtu then scoop the loot?

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Yeah, nearly all the value is in blue loot that sells to npcs.

Salvage can be alright too.

Also if you do a combat site with relics/data cans look for Tacoma battleship or other class of ships they often have a lot of isk in them.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Kaysette posted:

I lived in a c5-c5 for a while and getting HS/LS exits was hit or miss but being able to carrier roll the static was so nice. I don't miss loving around with multiple BS and a HIC.

I found/stole an Abaddon fit that can crush a C2's nullsec static with 3 of 'em. Triple hots and it dies.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
Wormholes are great and more people should hang out in them

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

so there's no bounties, just drop an mtu then scoop the loot?

nothing quite like the thrill of flying a blockade runner with 3.5b in blue loot from a 10 person fleet that you need to get to a station to sell, and knowing that if you get popped youll have to find a way to pay people out of pocket :v:

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
It's unnatural for a bank ship to survive long enough to accrue killmarks.

im a pvp now

Also I saw a forums goon in a Delve rob but I missed saying hi.

Elchimpster
Mar 22, 2012
Is that a tengu?

Also can anyone tell me more about "cloak stabilization?" It pops up on a few of my cov ops ships. Is that from the new decloaking structure?

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
It's a Naga.

Cloak stabilization prevents you from being decloaked by the Mobile Observatory structure. It sents out pings intermittently that have a chance to decloak ships in system. Apparently it's every 10 minutes and it has a 40% chance to declaok a ship that's out of cloak stabilization. They're basically a counter to AFK cloakies. You see them on overview globally just like cynos and they take a good while to actually decloak you. They also can't be scooped back up so it's about 70 mil a pop to try it.

Elchimpster
Mar 22, 2012
Cool thanks, blops was my favorite thing to do and the idea of my covert cyno guy not being able to camp out in the hunting grounds is kinda lame

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Honestly he probably can? Nobody's going to be dropping 70 mil and spending an hour trying to decloak every invisible neutral. I've never actually seen an observatory in reality.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

I've used a few :shrug:

Once was for shits and giggles because of a blue that kept doing dumb things. That was a fun conversation to have.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

you can absolutely cloaky camp still. you just can't leave your guy logged in all day even when you arent at the computer because you might get mobod and then probed

in the situations where you're at your computer, you either decloak and recloak every 15 minutes to refresh your cloak stabilization (with a period of vulnerability to be scanned like, 10 seconds long) or you just recloak you get pinged and decloaked by the mobo. blops hunting isnt dead, but having a cloaked alt in every system in a region that you dont actively monitor is

however, most of the time mobos are used to decloak supers that are moving because they have a much longer time between recloaking after their cloak gets turned off AND can easily be one-cycled by probes

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Elchimpster posted:

Cool thanks, blops was my favorite thing to do and the idea of my covert cyno guy not being able to camp out in the hunting grounds is kinda lame

you can? just decloak and recloak every fourteen minutes, or don't be afk and recloak when if it decloaks you

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022
anyone wanna sell me some sisters of eve LP? and / or some mordus legion LP?

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Google translating local in Frat staging is very funny. We were there in a couple of frigates.

Frat posted:

> Two small boats killed many of us.

> The first time I came here to deliver goods, I was blown away~@@

> Isn't it usually safe here?

> +8 time zone is relatively safe. At this time, there are fewer Chinese and more hostility.

> I mean are there so many pirates?

This one guy kept talking about how there are so many pirates and someone needs to go kill them. The two of us were the only neutrals in system.

I got a hauler that was carrying an Ishtar. I didn't even know that would fit. It didn't drop, sadly. I would have been so confused if an Ishtar just appeared on grid that I'd probably have started shooting at it.

Elukka fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Oct 2, 2023

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Elukka posted:

Honestly he probably can? Nobody's going to be dropping 70 mil and spending an hour trying to decloak every invisible neutral. I've never actually seen an observatory in reality.

This poor fellow was trying to mid his blops bridge

https://zkillboard.com/kill/107773101/

2 observatory's later and we had him

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Elukka posted:

Google translating local in Frat staging is very funny. We were there in a couple of frigates.

This one guy kept talking about how there are so many pirates and someone needs to go kill them. The two of us were the only neutrals in system.

I got a hauler that was carrying an Ishtar. I didn't even know that would fit. It didn't drop, sadly. I would have been so confused if an Ishtar just appeared on grid that I'd probably have started shooting at it.

packaged ishtar is like 10km3. a few haulers can do that no problem

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022
i'm going to make a post on goon fleet dot com about the absolute state of this alliance

lord forgive me but its time to go back to the old me

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I heard it was an imperium, which I know is less good than a coalition.

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022
>log into eve online
>go on battleship class vessel fleet
>"load tremor"
>lose 80+% of our dps because we're "sniping with tfis with tremor"
>be the first to get primaried off the field
>instant relief

tremor is bad!!! sitting at max range with your ship sucks poo poo!!!! stop doing it!!!

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

lots of dogshit nullbrain FCs thing that if you're in an artillery ship you can sit at range

you can't for the most part! most of them suck poo poo at range!!!!!

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

lots of dogshit nullbrain FCs thing that if you're in an artillery ship you can sit at range

you can't for the most part! most of them suck poo poo at range!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

psilocybin laden posted:

>log into eve online
>go on battleship class vessel fleet
>"load tremor"
>lose 80+% of our dps because we're "sniping with tfis with tremor"
>be the first to get primaried off the field
>instant relief

tremor is bad!!! sitting at max range with your ship sucks poo poo!!!! stop doing it!!!

we have quote tags here you know