Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

S O F T

https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/status/1707600553193120101

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Danny LaFever posted:

Grit

Im on the road for work so I missed a lot

What was that halftime interview from LaFleur where he was basically crying? It seems that guys like Dan Campbell have been dunking on him his whole life.

PneumonicBook posted:

Dan Campbell is a chad and came here to eat kneecaps and that's exactly what he did.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

https://twitter.com/pff/status/1707600307474010401?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

At least Fat Mike would threaten to choke a bitch and call him a pigfucker. LaFleur has zero of the hot piss he's constantly talking about.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pete Carroll has a piece of Henry Ford's soul in a locket somewhere. I have no other explanation for how this season has unfolded so far.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Just end the gold package altogether, I do not give one single gently caress that Milwaukee hosted the Packers for like 2 seasons decades ago. They can go to the Bucks games (they won't, because all the gold package ticketholders are old and white)

Hey! those gold package tickets are the only face value tickets I can get my hands on when my relatives don't want to go to the cold November games.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

https://www.detroitlions.com/team/coaches-roster/tanner-engstrand

This guy

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

After the first half drubbing, the fact that they actually showed up in the second half was a welcome change!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dork-rear end name, dork-rear end face. I love him already.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

insane stat

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Speaking of insane stats:

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

this is very true

yeah the UP gets Green Bay TV up until like St ignace and Sault Ste Marie

Love people in this thread mentioning the Sault / Soo

:mmmhmm:

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Henchman of Santa posted:

Most of the people that live Up North and thus can get there easily are Packers fans though. I think some people just made the trip because it's an iconic stadium and this was a year they were confident in a win at Lambeau.

We were inundated with packers media via proximity. It’s part of the local broadcast network, so there aren’t even any local news stations that claim Lions broadcasts anymore. Still, there are certainly enough Yooper Lions fans to fill out the ranks of Lambeau. As an offhand guess I’d say it was 30% Yoopers, 30% trolls, 40% expats.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Pops Mgee posted:

Hey! those gold package tickets are the only face value tickets I can get my hands on when my relatives don't want to go to the cold November games.

Are you buying direct from your relatives or something? I haven't noticed a difference between green/gold re: ticket prices on the secondary market.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I loathe the Packers on a subatomic level, but as i’ve said before in these threads, the SAS Packers fans are alright with me.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Dan Campbell had all the markings of a fun one year head coach that was in way over his head, like a Tomsula or a Cullen.

Instead he’s become basically exactly what the Lions have needed for decades and has set them on a path to be the NFC North front runners for the next five years or so. It ruled to see the Bills become great, and it rules to see the Lions become great.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

MoaM posted:

Love people in this thread mentioning the Sault / Soo

:mmmhmm:

The UP is essentially Wisconsin. There's really no cultural difference at all until you cross the bridge to Mackinaw

Change my mind! What is the essential difference between Suamico and Marinette?

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Gonz posted:

the SAS Packers fans are alright with me.

All the NFC North fans here are great.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
https://twitter.com/BillHuberNFL/status/1707601587839840336

I don't know if LaFleur's "stall until Robert Saleh gets fired" plan is going to make it.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Are you buying direct from your relatives or something? I haven't noticed a difference between green/gold re: ticket prices on the secondary market.

On the seconday market I'm rarely finding tickets at or below face value unless the team is bad or I gamble and wait to buy until a couple hours before kickoff.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

MoaM posted:

No.

That's too Vikings.

If you love JJ you legitimately build around him, and I think that starts with convincing him he needs an O-Line for THE FUTURE QB.

You don't want this Mahomes / Burrow scrambling out of / maneuvring in the pocket strategy.

Just get a good Offensive Line.

Apparently the o line has been playing decently so far this year. We have stud tackles. Kirk is competent, usually, throwing the ball. Plenty of people to catch it. There is effectively no run game currently.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

All the Saints had to do was run the ball in the second half and the Packers wouldn’t have had time for a comeback. Also, lucky missed field goal.

The Packers might be bad. :ohdear:

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

SKULL.GIF posted:

The UP is essentially Wisconsin. There's really no cultural difference at all until you cross the bridge to Mackinaw

:stare:

I'm absolutely incapable of answering this in a non - intellectual way.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

MoaM posted:

All the NFC North fans here are great.

Absolutely 100%.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Sun God owns owns owns.

https://twitter.com/shotofms/status/1707600742423429287?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

SirPablo posted:

Apparently the o line has been playing decently so far this year. We have stud tackles. Kirk is competent, usually, throwing the ball. Plenty of people to catch it. There is effectively no run game currently.

Maybe Risner can help there?

I'm actually uncertain as to what makes a good run O-Line. I would assume it has everything to do with your blocking capability on the inside (Guards) , rather than the outside (Tackles).

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/by_JBH/status/1707600820517446105

This dude is such a fuckin' putz. He was hardcore carried by Rodgers and is super in over his head now that he's gone. Please keep him for a really long time, Packers.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

He's angry and irritated because he knows exactly why and can't say it because of bullshit pride/ego issues.

• We have a first-year quarterback
  • The offensive line is insanely injured
  • The receivers are as raw as it can possibly get
  • The defense is led by Joe Barry

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Shrimpy posted:

https://twitter.com/BillHuberNFL/status/1707601587839840336

I don't know if LaFleur's "stall until Robert Saleh gets fired" plan is going to make it.

I don’t think you can say a single thing about the defense when the offense is so ineffective. Especially since a stalled offense means the defense is out there for longer and longer periods of time getting worn down.

Aaron Jones is apparently not 100%, he was basically used as a decoy in the 1st quarter. AJ Dillon is a problem and that either needs to be fixed or he needs to be benched or put into a fullback/blocking role (he doesn’t want to be a fullback). There needs to be a better plan in place for when the offensive line is just broken, you can’t just keep letting your QB get put into awful situations.

Other that that, I have no idea what you do with Quay Walker, he’s always going to be this guy.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The OL getting their rear end kicked isn't a surprise with how deep in the depth chart it is. Neither is losing missing as many key players on both sides of the ball.

Most concerning thing on offense is if Jones was on a pitch count they completely telegraphed play calling in the first half, leading to sacks. He ran the ball...three times that I can recall playing maybe 25% of snaps? The ball moved pretty well all things considered in the second half. Losing Musgrave probably threw things for a loop given how good he's been.

Barry's decisionmaking continues to be baffling. Passing defense was fine missing CB1 and contextually CB2/CB3. Doubt he'll be fired mid-season but imagine Barry is packing his bags after the past three weeks.

Special teams is the biggest issue for me coming out of the past two weeks. Punt returned for a TD and stupid penalties?

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

SKULL.GIF posted:

Suamico and Marinette are both in Wisconsin lol. Should have said Suamico and Menominee.

And to that I would say well there's way more meth in Menominee.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/nflresearch/status/1707596540855087551?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

https://twitter.com/dantekopflem/status/1707596378195869868?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

SKULL.GIF posted:

He's angry and irritated because he knows exactly why and can't say it because of bullshit pride/ego issues.

• We have a first-year quarterback
  • The offensive line is insanely injured
  • The receivers are as raw as it can possibly get
  • The defense is led by Joe Barry

Isn’t Joe Barry his pick, though?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Isn’t Joe Barry his pick, though?

Remember what I said about bullshit pride/ego issues?

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

Gonz posted:

Speaking of insane stats:

lmao

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

PneumonicBook posted:

Suamico and Marinette are both in Wisconsin lol. Should have said Suamico and Menominee.

And to that I would say well there's way more meth in Menominee.

They're the same loving town I don't give a gently caress about the legalities. When I go up there I cross borders like 6 times in an afternoon.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm probably gonna butcher the spelling but my partner's family and their "adopted" family that is up in the les cheneaux islands are all Packers fans. That's on the Mackinaw side too.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Very interesting stat.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Congrats Detroit. Your asses have been crowned

https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/status/1707605351619518873

Best not miss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Sorry about your next 24 trips to Lambeau Lions fans. But hey, at least one of them won't be a loss!