Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CODChimera posted:

man how has Ukraine still not won?

Good news for CODChimera - Ukraine has already won.

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/ukraine-war-chinese-artist-unveils-painting-for-ukraine-which-has-already-won-2818839

Chinese Artist Unveils Painting For Ukraine, "Which Has Already Won"
This Article is From Mar 12, 2022

Huang was one of the pioneers of the Chinese avant-garde movement in the 1980s and a member of the same loose collective as artist Ai Weiwei.

His latest work depicts the yellow and blue Ukrainian flag sliced into quarters by lines of red and white, meant to represent Russia. At the canvas' centre is a dark circle, a reference to the "I Ching" or Book of Changes -- an ancient Chinese text.

Huang said he had applied the principles of the "I Ching" to the military situation and concluded that victory for Kyiv was inevitable.

"It's black, but in fact there's already hope. When one sees it, they know that even at the most sombre moment, Ukraine has already won," the artist told AFP.

https://lpnu.ua/en/news/mykola-buchyn-we-must-clearly-understand-ukraine-has-already-won-war

Mykola Buchyn: «We must clearly understand: Ukraine has already won this war!»
NATALIIA PAVLYSHYN, LVIV POLYTECHNIC CENTER FOR COMMUNICATION
4 APR 2022, 18:03

«We must clearly understand: Ukraine has already won this war!» – Mykola Buchyn, a politologist, scientist, professor at the Department of Political Science and International Relations, the Institute of the Humanities and Social Sciences, Lviv Polytechnic, began our conversation with such life-affirming words.

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-sees-major-defeat-ukraine-has-already-won-ex-military-leader-1741804

Russia Sees 'Major Defeat,' Ukraine Has 'Already Won': Ex-Military Leader
BY ANDREW STANTON ON 9/10/22 AT 5:47 PM EDT

Igor Girkin, a former commander of pro-Russian separatists in Ukraine, said on Saturday that Ukrainian troops have "already won" the war against Russia.

He wrote that Russia suffered a "major defeat" in Kharkiv amid reports that Russian troops fled Kupyansk, which has served as a major railway and logistics hub for the Kremlin since capturing the city in February. The British Defense Ministry said Saturday that Ukraine retaking the city would deliver a "significant blow" to Russia.

In his post, Girkin added that because Ukraine has "already won", Russia should now focus on preserving its troops.

https://risu.ua/en/ukraine-has-already-won-for-strength-lies-in-in-the-unity-of-the-nation-not-missiles---chief-rabbi-of-ukraine_n132552

"Ukraine has already won, for strength lies in the unity of the nation, not missiles," - Chief Rabbi of Ukraine
26.09.2022, 12:15

"On the one hand, I think that a tragedy is happening in Ukraine, but on the other hand, I say to all Ukrainians: let's be optimistic. The Jewish people went through terrible tragedies, got up and went further forward, and built their future. I will tell my faithful today that we are praying for victory. We are praying on our holy Torah. Here, in Ukraine, the Almighty has already performed great miracles. We see that Ukraine has survived, although everyone said that it will not survive for more than three days, and Ukraine has survived and is only going on a counter-offensive. It has already won. It only needs to consolidate its victory against the great aggressor," said Moshe Reuven Asman.

https://www.rferl.org/a/estonian-military-chief-ukraine-has-won-russia-war-invasion/32150777.html

Former Estonian Military Chief: 'Ukraine Has Already Won' In War With Russia
By Vazha Tavberidze
November 27, 2022 10:35 GMT

Riho Terras is an Estonian politician and former high-ranking military officer who has served as a member of the European Parliament since February 1, 2020. He was the commander of the Estonian Defense Forces from 2011 to 2018.

RFE/RL: Russia seems to be targeting civilians and Ukraine's infrastructure in a bid to lower Ukrainian morale by drastically diminishing their living standards. Can that work? Do you see that happening?

Terras: Well, I think it has had a very big influence on the morale of Ukrainians: They now hate the Russians even more. It has worked the other way around. It is again another assumption from the Russian side, which is completely wrong. If they think that if they keep bombing and that the Ukrainians will start to lose their faith in the government, I have not seen that. And the polls are not saying that. It's more that every Ukrainian now is very angry with the Russians.

Another thing is Russia's diplomacy and propaganda working hard and very effectively on European citizens, telling them, "Please end the war, it is a bloody war. We don't need war in Europe. Please stop, go to [negotiate]." But even Joe Biden or his administration understands that [Ukrainian President Volodymyr] Zelenskiy cannot be pushed into peace negotiations, because it will be his political death sentence for sure in Ukraine….

And the important thing that everybody needs to understand -- and what the West does not understand -- is that they think that Russians can endure, that the Russians can suffer and win, because of what they did in the Second World War, but, well, so can Ukrainians. And that is the difference: They aren't "Western softies," as Putin likes to say, but they are hard fighters….

The Ukrainians are not easy to take on -- they have spirit. [Whether] we are sending them enough weapons…[is a] problem in itself, because the European defense industry isn't geared towards that.

We are giving them what we have in stock, but we will soon run out ourselves, if we don't start producing more ourselves. But I am still a cautious optimist here. I cannot see Russia winning. Ukraine has already won, even if they will have to lose territory -- comparable to Finland in 1939, the Winter War, when they had to give up Karelia but preserved their independence.

The war for independence, Ukraine has already won. Now the question is whether we can make Russia lose, and that's another step we need to take. Europeans need to understand that one or three degrees less heat in their offices or at home will save Ukrainian lives.

https://medium.com/lessons-from-history/ukraine-has-already-won-dae2ea36e24

Ukraine Has Already Won
Lester Golden
Dec 27, 2022

If war is politics fought with other means, Russia has already lost the conflict President Vladimir Putin finally called a war. Russian failure to reach the political objective Putin published in July 2021 is guaranteed.

Russia will never erase sovereign Ukraine off the map and Ukrainian civic nationalist identity. President Volodymy Zelenskyy’s conquest of Congress seals Ukraine’s victory over Russian ethno-nationalism in the battle for the mind of the world. Now it’s just a question of sustaining Western coalition support so the military reality catches up with Russian political failure.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/01/08/ukraine-war-2023-russia-future/

Ukraine sees ‘year of victory’ but Russia has other plans
Analysis by Liz Sly
Updated January 9, 2023 at 4:37 a.m. EST
Published January 8, 2023 at 4:36 p.m. EST

But the onus is now on Ukraine to remain on the offensive, which is more difficult than defending terrain, said Rob Lee, a former U.S. Marine now with the Foreign Policy Research Institute.

Kuzia, the commander of a Ukrainian military unit, shows the rockets on a U.S.-supplied HIMARS vehicle in eastern Ukraine on July 1. (Anastasia Vlasova for The Washington Post)
Ukraine’s successes in 2022 were facilitated by Russian mistakes that are less likely to be repeated now that Russian troops are digging in for the long haul, he said. “It’s easier to defend than it is to attack, and the Russians have already set up long defensive positions,” Lee said.

In some ways, Lee said, Ukraine has already won, not only by holding off the initial Russian onslaught but taking back almost half the territory that was snatched by Russia in the first weeks of the war.

https://www.israelhayom.com/2023/02/21/putin-and-his-generals-should-take-note-ukraine-has-already-won/

Putin and his generals should take note: Ukraine has already won
By Ian Matveev
Published on 02-21-2023 10:55 Last modified: 02-26-2023 13:44

But Putin and his generals believe in the success of a long war. They see Russia as the new Soviet Union with a massive defense industry and all the resources required for a huge army. At the same time, however, Russia is incapable of providing its new recruits – even though they are relatively few – with basics like shoes. The Kremlin plans to solve these problems within a few years and believes that Western support for Ukraine will end before Russia's resources are depleted. The World War I tactics suit Putin's generals. Their "plan" is for a years-long war; they are in no rush. Their goal is to hold on to occupied territories.

They do not understand that Ukraine has already won. The advantage afforded by the quality of Western weaponry has been doubled by the spirit of Ukraine's soldiers who are fighting for their homeland. Putin's soldiers on the other hand are typically mercenaries or people press-ganged into recruitment and thrown onto the front lines. There are ideological zealots, but they are few. Putin may try to recruit Russian industry into the war to build more tanks, artillery pieces, and protective vests, but this plan will fail because of the corruption inbuilt into a rotten system.

https://time.com/6257285/ukraine-war-victory/

What a Victory for Ukraine Should Look Like
BY ANATOL LIEVEN
Lieven is a senior fellow of the Quincy Institute for Responsible Statecraft and author of Pakistan: A Hard Country and author of Ukraine and Russia: A Fraternal Rivalry.
FEBRUARY 22, 2023 10:30 AM EST

For the U.S. to aim at the crippling of a nuclear-armed state would be the most dangerous enterprise ever embarked on by a U.S. administration. When the Soviet Union broke up, it was for internal reasons, and the first Bush administration was careful not to be seen to be driving the process. For if the Russian elites see Crimea as an existential issue for Russia, then they will be willing to run existential risks to keep it. Is this a risk that Americans should take, when this is not an existential issue for America, and when Ukraine has already won a great and irreversible victory?

https://yes-ukraine.org/en/news/zvi...remogi-ukrayini

Liberating territories, returning people home, bringing war criminals to justice and integrating Ukraine into the Euro-Atlantic community: opinion leaders name criteria for Ukraine's victory
11 September 2023

In Niall Ferguson’s opinion, Ukraine has already won in a sense, primarily by changing dramatically the way it is perceived globally.

"We have to recognise what Ukraine has already won. First, it humiliated Russia and buried the idea that Russia is a superpower. Second, Ukraine gained the right to join the European Union and NATO. Third and most important, it has changed its reputation," he said.

fizzy has issued a correction as of 06:16 on Sep 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol rump state is on the table

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

dead gay comedy forums posted:

like holy poo poo the loving dirlewanger brigade, the goddamned hellspawn force of the SS who killed unarmed civilians by tens of thousands by means such as, for example, locking people on barns, setting them on fire and machine-gunning anyone who tried to escape

dirlewanger was considered to be worse than loving heydrich by some in the loving SS

Wait a second are you telling me Mel Gibson's The Patriot alleged that the British did to Americans what the SS did to Slavs

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
Mel Gibson put a machine gun in the patriot?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the patriot is historical fact, friend

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
I’ve never seen it, other than clips of the cannonball scene

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
i stan patriot, patriot 3-D

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

dead gay comedy forums posted:

like holy poo poo the loving dirlewanger brigade, the goddamned hellspawn force of the SS who killed unarmed civilians by tens of thousands by means such as, for example, locking people on barns, setting them on fire and machine-gunning anyone who tried to escape
uh about that

quote:

In the winter and spring of 1944, the SS-Galizien participated in the destruction of several Polish villages, including the village of Huta Pieniacka. About five hundred civilians were murdered.[7] The Polish historian Grzegorz Motyka has stated that the Germans formed several SS police regiments (numbered from 4 to 8) which included "Galizien" in their name. Those police regiments joined the division in Spring 1944. On 23 February 1944, before being incorporated into the division,[15] the 4th and 5th police regiments had participated in anti-guerrilla action at Huta Pieniacka,[49] against Soviet and Polish Armia Krajowa partisans in the village of Huta Pieniacka, which had also served as a shelter for Jews and as a fortified centre for Polish and Soviet guerrillas.[46] Huta Pieniacka was a Polish self-defence outpost,[50] organized by inhabitants of the village and sheltering civilian refugees from Volhynia.[51] On 23 February 1944, two members of a detachment of the division were shot by the self-defense forces.[52] Five days later, a mixed force of Ukrainian police and German soldiers shelled the village before entering it and ordering all the civilians to gather together. In the ensuing massacre, the village of Huta Pienacka was destroyed, and between 500[53] and 1,000 of the inhabitants were killed. According to Polish accounts, civilians were locked in barns that were set on fire, while those attempting to flee were killed.

Polish witness accounts state that the soldiers were accompanied by Ukrainian nationalists (paramilitary unit under Włodzimierz Czerniawski's command), which included members of the UPA, as well as inhabitants of nearby villages who took property from households.[55]

The NASU Institute of History of Ukraine of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine concluded that the 4th and 5th SS Galizien Police regiments did kill the civilians within the village, but added that the grisly reports by eyewitnesses in the Polish accounts were "hard to come up with" and that the likelihood was "difficult to believe". The institute also noted that, at the time of the massacre, the police regiments were not under 14th division command, but rather under German police command (specifically, under German SD and SS command of the General Government).[56] The Polish Institute of National Remembrance stated: "According to the witness' testimonies, and in the light of the collected documentation, there is no doubt that the 4th battalion 'Galizien' of the 14th division of SS committed the crime".

Pidkamin and Palikrowy
Main articles: Pidkamin massacre and Palikrowy massacre
The village of Pidkamin was the site of a monastery where Poles sought shelter from the encroaching front. On 11 March 1944, around 2,000 people, the majority of whom were women and children, were seeking refuge there when the monastery was attacked by the Ukrainian Insurgent Army (unit under Maksym Skorupsky command), allegedly cooperating with an SS-Galizien unit.[8] The next day, 12 March, the monastery was captured and civilians were murdered (part of the population managed to escape at night). From 12 to 16 March, other civilians were also killed in the town of Pidkamin.

Estimates of victims range from 150, by Polish historian Grzegorz Motyka,[8] to 250, according to the researchers of the Institute of History of the Ukrainian Academy of Sciences.[46]

Members of another SS-Galizien sub-unit also participated in the execution of Polish civilians in Palykorovy, located in the Lwów area (Lviv oblast) near Pidkamin (former Tarnopol Voivodeship). It is estimated that 365 ethnic Poles were murdered, including women and children.[8]

Canadian Deschênes Commission

Military cemetery of the SS-Galizien division in Chervone, Lviv Oblast, western Ukraine
The Canadian Deschênes Commission of October 1986, by the Honourable Justice Jules Deschênes, concluded that in relation to membership in the Galicia Division:

56- The Galicia Division (14.Waffengrenadierdivision der SS [gal. Nr. 1) should not be indicted as a group.

57- The members of the Galicia Division were individually screened for security purposes before admission to Canada.

58- Charges of war crimes against members of the Galicia Division have never been substantiated, either in 1950 when they were first preferred, or in 1984 when they were renewed, or before this Commission.

59- Further, in the absence of evidence of participation in or knowledge of specific war crimes, mere membership in the Galicia Division is insufficient to justify prosecution.[9]

Torpor has issued a correction as of 06:15 on Sep 29, 2023

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

Wait a second are you telling me Mel Gibson's The Patriot alleged that the British did to Americans what the SS did to Slavs

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Mel Gibson put a machine gun in the patriot?

while I am all for well-executed stylistic choices for a better narrative I think the brits having machine guns in a movie about the american war of independence would maybe push things a bit too much

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I’ve never seen it, other than clips of the cannonball scene

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Ytlaya posted:

In the mentions this guy says that the Soviets killed 10 million Ukrainian civilians

Do these people just keep adding a couple million every time this topic comes up?

literally yes and the idea is to reach parity with the Holocaust and then eventually eclipse it, double genocide bay-bee!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

CODChimera posted:

man how has Ukraine still not won?

i keep saying that the CIA might as well have planted a stooge as russian president if youre gonna get this level of performance

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Torpor posted:

uh about that

oh so the dude was part of a detachment that got to copycat the "you know if we did some cosmetic surgery on them we could show them to himmler as proof that we managed to summon cursed beings from an infernal abyss" unit

lol and indeed lmao that the parliament of canada applauded a guy who quite probably participated of mass murder of children by immolation

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Ardennes posted:

Yeah they are still talking about that admiral like he hasn’t shown up on video.

I saw people talking about how he was probably dead or at least laying in a hospital bed(hence the pillow) lol

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Ardennes posted:

Yeah they are still talking about that admiral like he hasn’t shown up on video.

it's called a deepfake sweaty

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

CODChimera posted:

I saw people talking about how he was probably dead or at least laying in a hospital bed(hence the pillow) lol

The man got hit with three missiles. He deserves a day off.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

hmmm, i dunno. could they rephrase it in fourteen words or so?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

literally yes and the idea is to reach parity with the Holocaust and then eventually eclipse it, double genocide bay-bee!

~20 years from now~

"Actually, we are all dead. No one has ever lived. The Soviets have killed every human who has ever existed or will ever exist in the future."

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

That guy’s Twitter av looks exactly like whatever the Finnish-Estonian version of Vaczeslav the Jewslayer would be

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/newchapterfinn/status/1706182831003648440

Elias Simojoki? Never heard of him. Let's see what we can find:

oh okay this dude is just an out-and-out fascist

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Still can't get over people thinking siding with Germany against the USSR was ever justifiable. The Germans literally wanted to steal the land for themselves, enslave the people to work the land, and then kill them all once enough sufficiently-German people had colonized the place. They straight up declared their intent to do to Eastern Europeans what the USA did to the Native Americans. Whatever you can say about their execution, at least the USSR's stated goal was to bring them into the fold and invest in the people.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Phigs posted:

Still can't get over people thinking siding with Germany against the USSR was ever justifiable. The Germans literally wanted to steal the land for themselves, enslave the people to work the land, and then kill them all once enough sufficiently-German people had colonized the place. They straight up declared their intent to do to Eastern Europeans what the USA did to the Native Americans. Whatever you can say about their execution, at least the USSR's stated goal was to bring them into the fold and invest in the people.

The message is that some people deserve to be exterminated and enslaved and the real problem is the people otherwise getting in their way.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/newchapterfinn/status/1706182831003648440

Elias Simojoki? Never heard of him. Let's see what we can find:

oh okay this dude is just an out-and-out fascist

died because he just had to strap on his skis and go kill a horse while under enemy fire in no man's land, loving lmao.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Ardennes posted:

The message is that some people deserve to be exterminated and enslaved and the real problem is the people otherwise getting in their way.

But if you're Ukrainian you are the people to be exterminated!

I guess no right winger ever thinks the right are talking about them.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Phigs posted:

every single one of these defenses of Hunka and of Ukrainian (and Baltic) nationalists in general comes down "it's okay to participate in the Holocaust if you think you have a really good reason for it"

I wanted to stop the post there, and maybe I should have, but there's another thread I wanted to tug on, because it has to do with the liberal conception of racism and discrimination. In Harry Potter (oy, what a segue!), one of the racism analogies is the "pureblood" wizards discriminating against the "mudbloods", or people with magical ability despite not having wizard parents, with the character of Hermione being poster child for the example

the way JK Rowling frames this issue is that the purebloods look down on the mudbloods and believe that they cannot perform magic well, or at all. Rowling disproves this by having the mudblood character be really intelligent and really good at magic

at first glance, this seems like a just-so story, but if you think about it for more than five seconds, there's a glaring flaw: the way it's framed, the issue is not that mudbloods are discriminated against at all, but rather that their beliefs about the mudbloods are false, or incorrect. Ergo, if people without wizard parents really weren't good at magic, then therefore what the purebloods thought of them would be true! Essentially, Rowling doesn't actually believe that it's wrong to discriminate, she just thinks the discrimination has to have some kind of basis in fact

if you bring this back to the discourse at hand, it becomes easy to see how liberals can gas themselves up into supporting genocide: the Nazis exterminated Jewish people, the Roma, the infirm, members of the LGBT community, and so on, for no good reason. But the Ukrainians, they suffered at the hands of the Soviets, and so they had "factual" reason to want to engage in an exterminationist war, and that makes it okay

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Phigs posted:

But if you're Ukrainian you are the people to be exterminated!

I guess no right winger ever thinks the right are talking about them.

A part of Generalplan OST was portions of the Slavic population were going to be "Germanized." I think the expectations was that the Galicians would become "honorary Aryans" and lord over neighboring Polish/Belarussian/Ukrainian/Russian populations. Croats had a similar expectation.

gradenko_2000 posted:

if you bring this back to the discourse at hand, it becomes easy to see how liberals can gas themselves up into supporting genocide: the Nazis exterminated Jewish people, the Roma, the infirm, members of the LGBT community, and so on, for no good reason. But the Ukrainians, they suffered at the hands of the Soviets, and so they had "factual" reason to want to engage in an exterminationist war, and that makes it okay

I wouldn't even say that about modern-day Europeans and the Roma tbh.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 07:25 on Sep 29, 2023

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Ardennes posted:

It also means after this war, there will be a untold number of alumni of the current conflict in random places around the world.

“How did all these political types show up on the streets of Taipei all of a sudden!?!”

If it makes you feel better I believe I saw a story earlier about Zelensky asking EU countries to not spin up programs to integrate Ukrainian citizens so they will be pushed towards coming back home. Of course. I can't find the link now

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lmfao

https://twitter.com/STCLEMSON3/status/1707485542903111892

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

I wanted to stop the post there, and maybe I should have, but there's another thread I wanted to tug on, because it has to do with the liberal conception of racism and discrimination. In Harry Potter (oy, what a segue!), one of the racism analogies is the "pureblood" wizards discriminating against the "mudbloods", or people with magical ability despite not having wizard parents, with the character of Hermione being poster child for the example

the way JK Rowling frames this issue is that the purebloods look down on the mudbloods and believe that they cannot perform magic well, or at all. Rowling disproves this by having the mudblood character be really intelligent and really good at magic

at first glance, this seems like a just-so story, but if you think about it for more than five seconds, there's a glaring flaw: the way it's framed, the issue is not that mudbloods are discriminated against at all, but rather that their beliefs about the mudbloods are false, or incorrect. Ergo, if people without wizard parents really weren't good at magic, then therefore what the purebloods thought of them would be true! Essentially, Rowling doesn't actually believe that it's wrong to discriminate, she just thinks the discrimination has to have some kind of basis in fact

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

some prime euro flipouts from obvious badguy being called a badguy

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Phigs posted:

i mean the only reason why the west pretends to hate nazis is because the germans were literally applying the same actions they did but on white people.

remember, fascism is ok for the browns and blacks, once you apply it to whites THEN it becomes evil.

winston churchill hated communism so much he spent half his efforts in ww2 figuring out how to undermine the russians takeover of eastern europe rathee than the main task of beating germany. chang Kai Shek hated communism so much he kneecapped his own countries fight against the japanese because he hated Mao so much Chiang had to be kidnapped and forced at gunpoint to actually focus on the loving japanese who were literally raping and pillaging the country.

people hate socialism more than they love themselves! its insanity!

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 07:53 on Sep 29, 2023

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

btw,

of all criticism that can be levied to Stalin, "discrimination" is the one that the historiography can hit back pretty well by his own word and even opposition. the man was commissar of nationalities of the early USSR. A notorious example of his work there: he hit hard the Bukharinites and others for assigning agricultural production targets in regions that was pretty loving stupid to do so, such as raising pigs for meat in Muslim majority regions, savaging them as absolute morons

also

Reply to an Inquiry of the Jewish News Agency in the United States posted:

In answer to your inquiry :

National and racial chauvinism is a vestige of the misanthropic customs characteristic of the period of cannibalism. Anti-semitism, as an extreme form of racial chauvinism, is the most dangerous vestige of cannibalism.

Anti-semitism is of advantage to the exploiters as a lightning conductor that deflects the blows aimed by the working people at capitalism. Anti-semitism is dangerous for the working people as being a false path that leads them off the right road and lands them in the jungle. Hence Communists, as consistent internationalists, cannot but be irreconcilable, sworn enemies of anti-semitism.

In the U.S.S.R. anti-semitism is punishable with the utmost severity of the law as a phenomenon deeply hostile to the Soviet system. Under U.S.S.R. law active anti-semites are liable to the death penalty.

J. Stalin
January 12, 1931

First published in the newspaper Pravda, No. 329, November 30, 1936

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lmfao, i wouldn't have thought such a finnish way to die was possible

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

Al-Saqr posted:

remember, fascism is ok for the browns and blacks, once you apply it to whites THEN it becomes evil.

It's only fascism if it's in the white region of Europe, otherwise it's just sparkling colonialism.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
follow your leader but its grafitti of a guy on ski's being shot to smithereens

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Homeless Friend posted:

lmfao

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Homeless Friend posted:

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

this is just how modern liberals think about all questions re; race and immigration. The right says that immigrants should be gassed because they are poor, have low IQs and contribute nothing to society, and the only way liberalism can really push back on this is by pointing to immigrants who make above average incomes and have more CEOs and PhDs

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Al-Saqr posted:

i keep saying that the CIA might as well have planted a stooge as russian president if youre gonna get this level of performance

Come on dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

The end state of liberal credentialism as social mobility is a permanent underclass supporting the credentialed class so saying that people shouldn't be discriminated against at all goes against their fundamental beliefs. Someone has to be on the bottom and those people must necessarily deserve it.