Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

They're not CW pegs. They're a similar design but a completely different size.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/TheGDPod/status/1707697768637059542

it looks like it has a german shepards head

also give us quickstrike please

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I don't know how I feel, I can't see the loving thing behind the big red text

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Now everyone is just waiting for what we really want, Transmetal Megatron.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Anora posted:

Now everyone is just waiting for what we really want, Quickstrike.

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

Anora posted:

Now everyone is just waiting for what we really want, Transmetal Megatron.

with the AUTHENTIC disintegrating plastic

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
My SS Magnus has arrived and he is a delight. A big chonky boy that is absolutely up to the job of Operation Volcano, and can join my Wreckers crew.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Non Compos Mentis posted:

https://twitter.com/TheGDPod/status/1707697768637059542

it looks like it has a german shepards head

also give us quickstrike please

gently caress yeah

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
For weirdos like me TransArt have put out renders for Silverbolt and Quickstrike. They’ve only missed once and it was a minor miss for me. They’ll be MP scale most likely.

Their TM Tarantulas is on its way from China right now.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
That Velocitron Crasher has been found at a Ross in Orlando.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Ugh, I hate Ross hunting but I did miss out on that Crasher...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Knormal posted:

Ugh, I hate Ross hunting but I did miss out on that Crasher...

Everyone did. I saw One in a Walmart in Baton Rouge and passed it up thinking this meant they were about to be everywhere

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
Mine had already been picked over. Managed to get Scourge & Buzzworthy Cliffjumper together for $25, so not a total waste. The nearby Ollie's still had the reissue BW Primal & Megatrons.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
People are finding Cosmos at Ross

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Pulse charged me for Bombshell, but they sure are taking their sweet time shipping it...

Complaining on Internet will surely solve this dilemma.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Joe Fisto posted:

People are finding Cosmos at Ross

RossCosMos

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
When the heck are they making the Dinoking gift set, they aren’t fooling anyone

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I've been staring at it here on my desk, I think Commander Ultra Magnus is bot of the year. There are others I bought that I like quite a lot, but this guy can finally deal with it I think.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Joe Fisto posted:

I've been staring at it here on my desk, I think Commander Ultra Magnus is bot of the year. There are others I bought that I like quite a lot, but this guy can finally deal with it I think.

You guys are killing me. I've got it on pre-order and I keep telling myself "You have Siege UM and Combiner Wars UM, you don't need another..."

But then, I don't really like either of those.....

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Medullah posted:

You guys are killing me. I've got it on pre-order and I keep telling myself "You have Siege UM and Combiner Wars UM, you don't need another..."

But then, I don't really like either of those.....

The Kingdom one is meh, the CW one does a good job of being the specific IDW version of Magnus it's trying to be. SS86 absolutely nails being the archetypal Magnus in both modes and the transformation has so many fun little bits to it (especially the concertina-ing arms and the incredibly satisfying way the chest basically turns inside out to make the cab). I'm with Joe, I think it's toy of the year, and that's with it sat next to Armada Prime on my table.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Ugh if anyone finds Scourge at Ross please pick one up for me

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Some new old Sunbow documents just got uploaded, and apparently Fortress Maximus almost made it into the 1985 season. And in a really weird way.

I'm guessing this is actually the Metroplex mold since it would be weird to have Fort Max that much before any other Headmasters were a thing.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Yeah that name was kicking around for a while, I think the name made it into an earlier treatment for the movie as well iirc

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I have always wondered why Reflector's toy got treated so weirdly by Hasbro after they had made him so prominent in the early media, which in turn resulted in him getting dropped later on

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

It probably cost a shitload more to produce than it would have sold for, which is why it was a mail order exclusive. Reflector has a fuckload of parts, and wouldn't sell in the numbers it would need to to be a positive ROI unlike Megatron, who also had a fuckload of parts but was the lead bad guy, so every kid wanted one.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Too bad the animation made Reflector boring, which resulted in them always getting new toys based on the animation model instead of their much cooler original toy designs

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I think Reflector was also more prominent because of how earlier on the Decepticons were really desperate to fill out their numbers earlier on. Even later on in the show, you have issues with the decepticons having less characters to fill out crowd scenes, especially as there were way more Autobots.

Taking the characters from already existing toys and deciding to split them by altmode makes vague sense, but very quickly that becomes a problem when there's far, far more cars than there are planes. I don't know if they purposefully held back characters to have dedicated episodes or if they just didn't have them ready at the time they were making the pilot.

And weirdly I don't think there's ever any story relevance to the Autobots being mainly cars and the Decepticons having all the planes outside of the stunticon and aerialbot episodes and that one time Galvatron says Autobots can't fly. Even when IDW had stories about the prewar society being divvied up by alt-mode, it never commented on planes v. cars, it just focused on the lowest class workers being mining equipment.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

SlothfulCobra posted:

I think Reflector was also more prominent because of how earlier on the Decepticons were really desperate to fill out their numbers earlier on. Even later on in the show, you have issues with the decepticons having less characters to fill out crowd scenes, especially as there were way more Autobots.
Yep, the 1984 Decepticons in the toy catalog were literally 10 guys, 5 of whom were cassettes. Leading to situations like this:

I don't think I've ever heard a firm reason why Reflector became a mail-in though. Production cost would make sense with all the accessories. He also had a fair amount of diecast for if I remember right.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

SlothfulCobra posted:

Taking the characters from already existing toys and deciding to split them by altmode makes vague sense, but very quickly that becomes a problem when there's far, far more cars than there are planes. I don't know if they purposefully held back characters to have dedicated episodes or if they just didn't have them ready at the time they were making the pilot.

And weirdly I don't think there's ever any story relevance to the Autobots being mainly cars and the Decepticons having all the planes outside of the stunticon and aerialbot episodes and that one time Galvatron says Autobots can't fly. Even when IDW had stories about the prewar society being divvied up by alt-mode, it never commented on planes v. cars, it just focused on the lowest class workers being mining equipment.

There's a reason I made that post a while ago speculating which of the 84 & 85 Autobot molds would have been Decepticons instead if they had been more concerned with the factions being more equal in numbers rather than segregating them by Alt Mode

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Eh, everybody knows the Good Guys get a sales boost, making all the cool vehicles be the villains is just good marketing

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

flavor.flv posted:

Eh, everybody knows the Good Guys get a sales boost, making all the cool vehicles be the villains is just good marketing

:hmmyes:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Some company in Japan is building an Insecticon.

https://www.reuters.com/technology/japan-startup-develops-gundam-like-robot-with-3-mln-price-tag-2023-10-02/

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The new TF comic sure does hit the ground running.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I enjoyed it. I like DWJ and he made Optimus do a back body slam on Starscream so I’m in.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/tfw2005/status/1709634135596450040?t=p8YudEL1aNIr42JOvsvnow&s=19

I like that rattrap just looks the same

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Pulse cancelled my Bombshell.

They cancelled my Nacelle.

Hmm.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Knormal posted:

Yep, the 1984 Decepticons in the toy catalog were literally 10 guys, 5 of whom were cassettes. Leading to situations like this:

I don't think I've ever heard a firm reason why Reflector became a mail-in though. Production cost would make sense with all the accessories. He also had a fair amount of diecast for if I remember right.

Kinda shocked we haven't had ten million orange, yellow and teal repaints of rumble/frenzy

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Two of them could be called Crumble and Envy. One's made out of Gold Plastic and the other has a real chip on his shoulder about never getting a toy.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Pulse cancelled my Bombshell.

They cancelled my Nacelle.

Hmm.

Here's the rumor mill:

"According to the people I've talked to what they're hearing was that the pallets that bombshell and bludgeon came on suffered horrific damage. They won't say if it was water, crushing, or something else. Only that they've been trying to salvage what few figures they could but most of them simply are not going to cut it. And they have no ETA of when they'll be able to get more in to replace these so they're just going to cancel all the orders"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1709934115695571379?s=20