Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.

Neito posted:

Ah, yes, forceable tattooing, a thing that only good people in history have ever done.

... What? The fucks an Auschwitz?

"It's not the mark of the beast when WE do it!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

kik2dagroin posted:

“Remember, in the end the police aren’t there to protect the public from criminals, they’re there to protect criminals from the public. Communities dealt with crime long before police were invented, usually in rather harsh and low-due-process ways. The bargain was, let the police handle it instead. No police, no bargain.” (as stated so eloquently by someone at Instapundit)

What an absolutely insane and opposite-of-reality take. Even on Freep, that's something else.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

ZeeToo posted:

What an absolutely insane and opposite-of-reality take. Even on Freep, that's something else.

It makes perfect sense if your entire view of the American legal system comes from police procedurals/ action movies. Detective Figpucker always knows who did it but the mean old courts says he has to get a warrant first

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
When one of these pieces of poo poo says "Revelations" I always chuckle. It's "Revelation". It was one revelation, written by John of Patmos. These cows never read their own supposed holy book. They have no idea what it says or what it means and they don't give a gently caress either way.

Trump says "two Corinthians" and they line up to eat his poo poo. Lol so beyond parody.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
WATCH LIVE: The Biden Impeachment Hearings - Day 1

quote:

To: bitt

So. Are ANY of the MSM going to cover it?

3 posted on 9/28/2023, 2:19:23 PM by Gaffer
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Gaffer
Is that a serious question?

You really don’t expect “Today” with Hoda and Jenna, “Live” with Kelly and Mark, and the daily trashing of Trump on “The View” to be preempted for this nonsense, do you?/s
13 posted on 9/28/2023, 2:29:49 PM by daler
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

To: daler

Ha...no, not really.

But I do expect a House floor vote on it, regardless of media coverage. I don’t care that the Senate trial would result in an impeachment; I want him IMPEACHED. I want him to have that same asterisk stain on his legacy they tried to saddle President Trump with.

Frankly, I’d like to see him impeached more than once - I’d go for three times if possible.

26 posted on 9/28/2023, 2:48:53 PM by Gaffer
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

quote:

Apparently and per his opening statement Jamie Raskin obviously thinks it is President Trump who is the subject of this impeachment hearing. Hey clown, where’s your do-rag?

31 posted on 9/28/2023, 2:57:47 PM by drypowder

quote:

It’s about time the weak-kneed republicans finally found some cojones. The Bidens are the most corrupt family to occupy the White House in American history, and he’s more deserving of being impeached than any of his predecessors.

37 posted on 09/28/2023 8:08:24 AM PDT by jpl ("You are fake news.")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: Danie_2023

Funny how the Demonrats are only asking questions of Prof. Gerhardt who toes the line, NO EVIDENCE, HA!!

47 posted on 9/28/2023, 3:25:51 PM by Lakeside Granny (IN GOD WE TRUST with TRUMP WE STAND)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 46 | View Replies]

quote:

I do not believe any of the things Biden did, as heinous as they were, constitute evidence for impeachment as they were done when he was VPOTATOUS . The same with the so called Russia Russia. Had any of those things been done and they weren’t, it was when Trump was a candidate not POTUS.

59 posted on 09/28/2023 9:14:56 AM PDT by xkaydet65
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 54 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: xkaydet65

“I do not believe any of the things Biden did, as heinous as they were, constitute evidence for impeachment as they were done when he was VPOTATOUS . The same with the so called Russia Russia. Had any of those things been done and they weren’t, it was when Trump was a candidate not POTUS.”

You’re entitled to your opinion and beliefs. But I think the Bidens, Obama, the Clintons and a large number of other Democrats and RINOs should all be rotting in Gitmo for the rest of their miserable lives for committing high treason against America. Just so you know.

And in the good ole days, those cretins would have all been hung as traitors. Ah....the good ole days. Those people knew how to deal with problems. We don’t. Which is evidenced by the FUBAR condition the nation is currently in right now.

60 posted on 09/28/2023 9:22:56 AM PDT by Danie_2023
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 59 | View Replies ]

quote:

where is the proof of all of the money that went into Joe Biden’s bank accounts

Oh, they have it.
70 posted on 09/28/2023 9:35:18 AM PDT by ROCKLOBSTER (That IS NOT "a donkey"!!!)

quote:

To: ROCKLOBSTER

“Oh, they have it.”

Yes, let’s see it. I yearn for the leftie heads exploding experience (schadenfreude).

82 posted on 09/28/2023 9:58:10 AM PDT by Danie_2023
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 70 | View Replies ]

quote:

WHY ARE REPUBLICANS NOT HAMMERING HOME THE FACT THAT IT IS FEDERAL LAW THAT USING YOUR OFFICIAL POSITION TO BENEFIT FAMILY MEMBERS IS AN ETHICAL VIOLATION.

It does not make a difference if Joe Biden made a cent off of any of the payments to Hunter or James Biden. If he knowingly did anything extraordinary in order to benefit his son or brother, he has broken the law.

79 posted on 9/28/2023, 4:55:01 PM by XRdsRev (Justice for Bernell Trammell, Trump supporter, murdered in 2020)

quote:

To: NautiNurse

Just once I’d like see a Republican get up, walk over to the living ahole and beat him senseless.

125 posted on 9/28/2023, 7:06:34 PM by Fledermaus (It's time to get rid of the Three McStooges; Mitch, Kevin and Ronna!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Fledermaus

They used to do that.....

Sumner began his political activism as a member of various anti-slavery groups, leading to his election to the U.S. Senate in 1851 as a member of the Free Soil Party; he soon became a founding member of the Republican Party. In the Senate, he devoted his efforts to opposing the “Slave Power,”[1] which culminated in a vicious beating by Representative Preston Brooks on the Senate floor in 1856; Sumner’s severe injuries and extended absence from the Senate made him a symbol of the anti-slavery cause. Though he did not return to the Senate until 1859, Massachusetts reelected him in 1857, leaving his empty desk as a reminder of the incident, which polarized the nation as the Civil War approached.

129 posted on 9/28/2023, 7:11:06 PM by Lakeside Granny (IN GOD WE TRUST with TRUMP WE STAND)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 125 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Rusty0604

If it can be proven that Biden used the DoJ to protect his miserable offspring, that would IMHO be grounds for impeachment. But too many here on FR spend their efforts looking for frontier justice and once our side is reduced to that then no matter who wins the country and Constitution are lost. There is no killing the Constitution in order to save it. The Dems know that and don’t care. We must.

148 posted on 9/28/2023, 9:00:43 PM by xkaydet65
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 62 | View Replies]

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Why do they watch The Today Show and The View if they don’t like what’s on those shows?

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

I AM GRANDO posted:

Why do they watch The Today Show and The View if they don’t like what’s on those shows?

Why do we read freep when we don't like what they post? I do it because I hate myself and I want to suffer, dunno about you.

Here's Trump Lawsuit Against Judge in Fraud Case Rejected by Appeals Court posted by freeper Alter Kaker

NYT posted:

A civil trial in which Donald J. Trump is accused of fraudulently inflating the values of his properties could begin as soon as Monday, after a New York appeals court rejected the former president’s attempt to delay it.

The appeals court, in a terse two-page order Thursday, turned aside a lawsuit Mr. Trump filed against the trial judge, Arthur F. Engoron, which had sought to delay the proceeding.

The ruling came two days after Justice Engoron issued an order that struck a major blow to Mr. Trump, finding him liable for having committed fraud by persistently overvaluing his assets and stripping him of control over his New York properties. Justice Engoron sided with the New York attorney general, Letitia James, who last year sued Mr. Trump, accusing him of inflating his net worth by billions of dollars to obtain favorable loan terms from banks.

:getin:

quote:

To: Alter Kaker

if this prevails-nationwide all commercial real estate crashes...wiping out downstream huge chunks of the insurance industry which is secured with said CRE.

this would be a death knell worse than the same that is presently happening in China to their RRE and CRE right now

5 posted on 9/28/2023, 12:55:36 PM by mo ("If you understand, no explanaheytion is needed; if you don't understand, no explanation is possible)

quote:

quote:

To: MCF

Hope you’re right that PDJT’s legal team has to work through the lengthy legal process.

Still, I’m quite dismayed at how ineffective they’ve been so far in getting much if not all of the preposterous charges dismissed (thrown out), especially in the 3 NY cases and the farce in Atlanta.

10 posted on 9/28/2023, 1:01:22 PM by edie1960 (7)

It's pretty shocking, actually. The legal maneuvers posted daily would have these cases dismissed if the darn lawyers would just read these threads. I've been mailing Alina Hababba a digest of links at least once a week, but so far it's crickets.

14 posted on 9/28/2023, 1:11:04 PM by Observator

quote:

To: Observator

but so far it’s crickets

It’s been indeed frustrating and exasperating how some interlocutory appeals haven’t been invoked to apply somewhat of a pause to all this insanity.

Also, it doesn’t help that PDJT probably isn’t able to retain the consummate attorneys he needs because of Project 65 which threatens to disbar those who otherwise would step forward to defend him.

22 posted on 9/28/2023, 2:01:16 PM by edie1960 (7)
They're talking about The 65 Project

quote:

The 65 Project is a bi-partisan effort to protect democracy and preserve the rule of law by deterring future attacks on our electoral system. We are holding accountable Big Lie Lawyers who bring fraudulent and malicious lawsuits to overturn legitimate election results, and working with bar associations to revitalize the disciplinary process so that lawyers, including public officials, who subvert democracy will be punished.

quote:

quote:

To: edie1960

How are they going to get anything thrown out when the judges, at these levels, are all in on everything.

The Atlanta case is a RICO case, where the parties are supposed to know each other and worked together to accomplish the same goal. That was never the case. She doesn’t have a RICO case.

Hell, the machines she said that were broken into...the county invited folks to come inspect them, in writing.

35 posted on 9/28/2023, 4:12:46 PM by qaz123

Excellent assessment! It really is tragic how thoroughly corrupt our nation has become when good honest Americans have no redress when targeted for political prosecution, etc.

Even, SCOTUS refused to grant hearings to those seeking to challenge the obviously stolen 2020 election(s) by denying standing.

This has been an extremely distressing day, making it much harder to cling to the fervent hopes that (not even) President Trump may be able to turn things around.

40 posted on 9/28/2023, 4:57:23 PM by edie1960 (7)

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Fetterman trolls James Comer by gifting him a case of Bud Light to drink during impeachment inquiry posted by freeper DallasBiff

cw: this post is about the r-word. Which r-word, you ask?

quote:

To: DallasBiff

Can we still use the word retard, because this guy is a retard.

2 posted on 9/28/2023, 12:55:56 PM by 1Old Pro

I have a special relationship with this word, having then undiagnosed ADHD and autism and having to deal with idiots at school using it to describe me. Because I hate it so much, here's a bunch of it!

quote:

Go get depressed again senator retard.

5 posted on 9/28/2023, 12:58:40 PM by toddausauras (Trump Lake 2024....Go down swinging!)

quote:

To: 1Old Pro

The kind of retard that makes you cringe....

[gif omitted]

6 posted on 9/28/2023, 12:59:11 PM by Magnum44 (...against all enemies, foreign and domestic... )

Look at this amazing two-for-one deal!

quote:

Yes this Retard sucks down Tranny Fluid. Must have sent the “gift” from his personal stash.

15 posted on 9/28/2023, 1:05:22 PM by OHPatriot (Si vis pacem, para bellum)

quote:

every time this retard speaks the stupid hurts.

20 posted on 9/28/2023, 1:07:09 PM by TexasFreeper2009

quote:

To: Flaming Conservative

Fetterman decides to open the door to personal attacks....time to go after the disabled mental gimp.

35 posted on 9/28/2023, 1:28:04 PM by juggernaut

They really, really hate people being people.

quote:

A US Senator acting like a goofy high school freshman. He's a laugh a minute.

38 posted on 9/28/2023, 1:33:21 PM by ProtectOurFreedom (“Occupy your mind with good thoughts or your enemy will fill them with bad ones.” ~ Thomas More)

quote:

Fetty has become a major league azho. Not bad for a retarded, sick guy.

44 posted on 9/28/2023, 1:49:39 PM by FlingWingFlyer (And the invasion of America continues while the RAT Party worries about the Ukraine.)

quote:

He’s special kind of retard, he’s a “Tard”

47 posted on 9/28/2023, 2:03:44 PM by fightin kentuckian

The mildest in the thread.

quote:

Not only a slob, he’s an ogre.

54 posted on 9/28/2023, 2:31:20 PM by Shady (The Force of Liberty must prevail for the sake of our Children and Grandchildren...)

quote:

RETARD

58 posted on 9/28/2023, 3:02:13 PM by ronnie raygun

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣:smithicide:

quote:

To: PGR88

Abe Normal. 🤣

60 posted on 9/28/2023, 3:04:55 PM by cowboyusa (YESHUA IS KING OF AMERICA! DEATH TO MARXISM AND GLOBALISM! Trump 2024, NO more Mr Nice)

quote:

To: juggernaut

Fetterman decides to open the door to personal attacks...

He did that when he publicly called the House Republicans 'jagoffs.' So I don't consider the term 'retard' off-limits when directed at him. Fire at will.

62 posted on 9/28/2023, 3:09:51 PM by GenXFreedomFighter (End of quote. Repeat the line. )

quote:

You can’t use Retard when referring to Fetterman. Because he’s not smart enough to be considered a Retard.

63 posted on 9/28/2023, 3:24:17 PM by cquiggy

quote:

To: DouglasKC

quote:

Fetterman is too brain damaged to do any of this. It’s a staffer or a dnc troll.

I'm glad I tried to read all (or most) of the posts before I posted as I was going to type exactly what you did here.

Fetterman is a true retard; a brain damaged human and doesn't have more than a handful of Synapses left firing. He is not capable of doing this by himself and I agree that one of his staff had to come up with this idiocy.

72 posted on 9/28/2023, 6:46:33 PM by OldMissileer (Atlas, Titan, Minuteman, PK. Winners of the Cold War)

I loving loathe these people.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I read freep (via this thread) to remind myself how utterly unrepentant these people are. It reminds me to never waste any effort on trying to convince these fascists that fascism is bad.

There was a time that I devoted a lot of effort and energy into trying to dissuade these types away from their dog whistling and obviously contradictory beliefs. All of that time was completely wasted and I get a much better return on my investment by reading this thread for a few minutes a week.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

quote:

The Bidens are the most corrupt family to occupy the White House in American history
Bbbbutt what about Hillary? Are all her countless crimes already forgotten?

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

freep posted:

The legal maneuvers posted daily would have these cases dismissed if the darn lawyers would just read these threads. I've been mailing Alina Hababba a digest of links at least once a week, but so far it's crickets.

Oh this is just precious :allears:

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa

McGlockenshire posted:

Why do we read freep when we don't like what they post? I do it because I hate myself and I want to suffer, dunno about you.

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

Yeah I read freep (via this thread) to remind myself how utterly unrepentant these people are. It reminds me to never waste any effort on trying to convince these fascists that fascism is bad.

I sometimes question why I read this thread (and why I've had a couple of trips over to its subject website in the past). I'm not even American. I guess there's a car crash element to it, to see how awful humans can be. I'm sure there's a masochistic dimension to it. I find myself reading the rejected parents and r/relationships threads too, which are brimming with awful fuckers.

I'd say it was informative, but I don't think it is - I'm already aware how what their unpleasant reactions will be to any given topic, and there's little in the way of cohesive arguments to absorb and understand in the way that might be useful if you were debating people you disagreed with but had a somewhat rational perspective you could actually grapple with.

There's definitely a bit of schadenfreude involved, too, seeing them impotently stewing about consequences for lovely actions. I'd be less (read, not at all) likely to go on there if, god forbid Trump were to somehow win next year.

I sometimes find myself wondering if stupidity or awfulness is the greater in these American Christian far right types; both elements seem to be there in such large quantities with them.

OneSizeFitsAll fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Sep 29, 2023

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

raminasi posted:

This is why everyone with a public facing email has a crank folder.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
I know it is Freep, but let's assume that all of their theories are 100% true.

How is Biden taking a $60,000 bribe from China to do [unspecified favorable thing for China] when he wasn't even in office and taking a $25,000 to $600,000 [depending on how you are calculating] bribe from Russian oligarchs to do [unspecified pro-Russian thing] and protect Hunter Biden from prosecution in Ukraine worse than Hillary Clinton literally having 20+ people secretly murdered, purposefully allowing 4 Americans (including a U.S. Ambassador) to die and dozens to be seriously injured by allowing the Benghazi attack, stealing hundreds of millions of dollars in taxpayer money, being a closet lesbian who molested straight women, ordered the FBI to detain dozens of innocent Americans who just wanted to live in the woods without the government telling them what to do (and plan white supremist terrorist attacks - which were false flags anyway), doing her emails, and attempting to suspend the Constitution?

Seems like no matter what your value system is that the Clintons are objectively the most criminal by a huge mile.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Sep 29, 2023

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
You forgot the recency bias crimes-multiplier. Hunter is what Fox is blaring into their idiot-holes right now, so all of that needs to be multiplied by X, where X is any value necessary to make this thing right in front of them the most bigliest scandal and horrible crime-doing ever.

Until Fox yells about the next one.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

I feel like Biden needs to raise his bribery prices too.

Menendez was a Senator from New Jersey and he got almost 12x as much in bribes from Egypt and a Halal meat shop than Biden did from China.

I guess he technically wasn't holding any public office at the time, so maybe he had to sell for a steep discount.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
Senator Diane Feinstein has died. Get ready for some Freep assholishness at this news.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

The Dark Project posted:

Senator Diane Feinstein has died. Get ready for some Freep assholishness at this news.

Pretty sure we could just read CSPAM

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

McGlockenshire posted:

It's pretty shocking, actually. The legal maneuvers posted daily would have these cases dismissed if the darn lawyers would just read these threads. I've been mailing Alina Hababba a digest of links at least once a week, but so far it's crickets.

raminasi posted:

Is this my new favorite Freep post? There is no other word for it but precious.

An attorney following freep advice? Ahhhhhh. I don't think I could survive reading a story about an attorney getting disbarred for calling a judge a 'Dindu Gibmedat.'

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Part of what makes Freep funny is there's still there's lingering conceit that they matter.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Tony Phillips posted:

Is this my new favorite Freep post? There is no other word for it but precious.

An attorney following freep advice? Ahhhhhh. I don't think I could survive reading a story about an attorney getting disbarred for calling a judge a 'Dindu Gibmedat.'
I'm picturing Charlie Kelly pretending to be a lawyer, but a lot more racist.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Lord Hydronium posted:

Bird law is not governed by reason, but neither is Charlie. This is how he understands it.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

raminasi posted:

Oh I see the problem. Her name is actually Alina Habba so he must be sending the emails to the wrong address.

Lord Hydronium posted:

Trump's next lawyer

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Sasha Obama curls up with a book and a coffee at a café in LA while flashing her cherry-print shorts in a pair of baggy overalls

quote:

To: simpson96

I think we should be generally leaving the kids along. If they turn criminal, like Hunter, that’s different. Otherwise, ignore them, let them live their lives, good or bad, in peace.

54 posted on 9/29/2023, 7:32:43 AM by Reno89519 (DeSantis 2024. Successful Governor, Honorable Veteran, Respectful, Respected. No Baggage, No Drama.)

quote:

She looks like a field negro

30 posted on 9/29/2023, 4:08:12 AM by NWFree (Sigma male 🤪)

quote:

To: NWFree

She looks like a field negro.

The cotton for the overalls doesn’t pick itself.

65 posted on 09/29/2023 4:08:56 AM PDT by nesnah (Infringe - act so as to limit or undermine [something]; encroach on)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 30 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: Mears

Statement jewelry is a large, unique piece that stands out. Anyone who sees it knows it belongs to you. If done right, it will be tasteful, elegant, and draw knowing looks.

Unlike the nouveau riche that slap bling on everything including their teeth, old money goes for simplicity. For ladies: stud earrings, necklace, bracelet, watch, wedding ring and maybe another ring on the other hand (typically an heirloom). Usually the necklace, bracelet, or ring are the statement piece - but not all at the same time, that’s tacky!

You would never see someone like Melania Trump blinged out like a gangster. She wears her engagement ring, wedding band, eternity ring, and an occasional bracelet. When she dresses up, her diamond studs take center stage.

Some of the young women buy faux pieces hoping for the same effect. Very few can pull it off.

48 posted on 9/29/2023, 6:05:41 AM by TheWriterTX (Trust not in earthly princes....!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 27 | View Replies]

quote:

Sheesh. A whole novella, including pics, about the “style” of a piece of ghetto trash.

Melania never had this much written about her.

64 posted on 9/29/2023, 11:01:57 AM by MayflowerMadam (Normal" is never coming back.)

Senator Diane Feinstein Dead

quote:

Safe and effective.

3 posted on 9/29/2023, 12:49:46 PM by DoodleBob (Gravity's waiting period is about 9.8 m/s²)

quote:

As I say, when people make it their purpose in life to DESTROY the country that I grew up in and make it unlivable for my kids and grandkids, well, then, my sympathies....(I’ll leave it at that).

15 posted on 09/29/2023 5:53:35 AM PDT by BobL (I own an F150 so that I can tow my boat all day Saturday and look Manly)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: billorites
Hey, has anybody checked out the new series "Foundation" based on the Isaac Asimov books?

I heard it was on Netflix but don't want to bother if it's not any good.
19 posted on 09/29/2023 5:54:23 AM PDT by Sirius Lee (They intend to murder us. Prep if you want to live and live like you are prepping for eternal life)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: Sirius Lee
I heard it was on Netflix but don't want to bother if it's not any good.

Its pretty good if you can get past the fact that all white males (and white female robot) are either evil or crazy. The heros are all black, asian, or halfricans.
44 posted on 09/29/2023 5:59:59 AM PDT by DCBryan1 (Das dicke Ende kommt noch!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: DCBryan1
Its pretty good if you can get past the fact that all white males (and white female robot) are either evil or crazy.

Freekin' obamunists ruin everything. Even sci fi classics.

I'm assuming that Harry Seldon is the guy in the beard, tho', right?

56 posted on 09/29/2023 6:03:31 AM PDT by Sirius Lee (They intend to murder us. Prep if you want to live and live like you are prepping for eternal life)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 44 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: Sirius Lee

They totally destroyed the Foundation series, the entire story line is the most woke thing I’ve ever seen and hardly matches the great story telling of Asimov. Waited for years for this to become a TV series only to have it completely destroyed.

101 posted on 09/29/2023 6:13:10 AM PDT by Empireoftheatom48 (Read The Screwtape letters, section “Screwtape Proposes a Toast”)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 56 | View Replies ]

quote:

Bless Her Little Heart

51 posted on 9/29/2023, 1:02:45 PM by vetvetdoug

quote:

To: Red Badger

Hopefully Mitch McConnell will follow Diane soon.

79 posted on 9/29/2023, 1:07:58 PM by tennmountainman (FUJB)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

Comment #106 Removed by Moderator

quote:

To: DIRTYSECRET

Well you have to remember, the way Free Republic works , we are supposed to express hatred for all political opponents.

The way Free Republic works, we are not supposed to say anything favorable, or note that someone had ever done anything that we might have approved of.

Just look at this whole thread how many people are so happy that she’s dead.

157 posted on 09/29/2023 6:50:10 AM PDT by Dilbert San Diego (.)

quote:

To: Dilbert San Diego

Having followed that career since her FS days when she “milked” her predecessor for all it was worth and then some, as a stepping stone from mayor to senator, then shamelessly pushed her leftist/communist goals for 30 + years, I hope that old crow’s tail feathers are still smoking from the Zot that took her out.

238 posted on 09/29/2023 8:39:32 AM PDT by going hot (Happiness is a Momma Deuce)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 157 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: MuttTheHoople

Wasn’t she Jewish?

161 posted on 09/29/2023 6:53:36 AM PDT by 38special (I should've said something earlier)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 156 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Bon of Babble

The California black and brown Democrat Hacks should go mano a mano to decide which ethnicity gets appointed to Feinstein’s Senate seat

207 posted on 9/29/2023, 2:55:06 PM by dennisw (Never attribute to incompetence & stupidity, that which is adequately explained by malice)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 195 | View Replies]

quote:

The first time I saw DiFi in person was when she gave a class graduation address at Stanford University. She had only been Senator for two years then, but I can still distinctly remember her listing off all the categories of people to be congratulated, with one exception. You guessed it, white males. White males didn’t count in her world even back then. It has only gotten worse in California the following 29 years, what a legacy for her to be proud of./sarc

240 posted on 9/29/2023, 3:41:56 PM by TruthBringsFreedom

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

quote:

Safe and effective.

T'was the VACCINE that killed the 90 year old woman!

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

maybe they'd like her more if they knew she flew the confederate flag above the state capital and unleashed the cops on the gay community

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Mantis42 posted:

maybe they'd like her more if they knew she flew the confederate flag above the state capital and unleashed the cops on the gay community
but she has a D next to her name so she's a commie

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Mantis42 posted:

To be fair to DiFi, the flag had been flying for decades and was part of a history of the U.S. monument with every flag flown in the U.S. since 1776. The Confederate flag was part of it and actually came down during her time as Mayor.

She was still bad in a lot of other ways, but wasn't a Confederate sympathizer in San Francisco.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Wait, California wasn't a part of the Confederacy. Why would that be included in a display? Did they display the flags of other failed rebellions to happen in the country?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Terrible Opinions posted:

Wait, California wasn't a part of the Confederacy. Why would that be included in a display? Did they display the flags of other failed rebellions to happen in the country?

They had 18 different flags including some weird California-specific ones.

They went up in the 1960's. Feinstein didn't put them up. She didn't try to take it down initially either, but did take it down a few years after she became Mayor because there were protests and the first black member of city council was going to be sworn in.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I get hypothetically having a confederate flag for like a six flags over Texas deal, that is actually a part of their history. California though is displaying the flag of an enemy.

The park doesn't even have a Mexican or Spanish flags. All the other flags are flags of the Revolution, the United States proper, or Calfironia. Good lord no non-racist reason to include the Confederate flag among those. Certainly no non-racist reason to replace it in the 1980s and arrest the people who tore it down.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Feinstein was a piece of poo poo landlord who conspired with her investment broker husband to make housng in SF unafordable forever. So a rent-seeker married to a super-capitalist. You know: a commie!

Scratch Monkey fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Sep 29, 2023

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Melania Trump not being blinged out and only rocking her wedding gear, lmao

Firstly, lady is constantly blinged out, secondly, she's very obviously not in love with the golden boy and famously doesn't sleep in the same city as him, thirdly, lol lmao jesus christ

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

I get hypothetically having a confederate flag for like a six flags over Texas deal, that is actually a part of their history. California though is displaying the flag of an enemy.

The park doesn't even have a Mexican or Spanish flags. All the other flags are flags of the Revolution, the United States proper, or Calfironia. Good lord no non-racist reason to include the Confederate flag among those. Certainly no non-racist reason to replace it in the 1980s and arrest the people who tore it down.

Yeah, I'm not saying it was a good idea or anything.

I'm just saying "Feinstein was the one who flew the Confederate flag over the Capitol" is very different from "There were several art and history exhibits in a park near the Capitol that had been there for 20 years and the Confederate flag was one of 18 flags on one of the exhibits in the park and was eventually taken down by Feinstein."

There's lots to actually criticize her for so it seems silly to make something up.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Yeah it is misleading, but only so much as your statement that it was taken down by her. It was taken down each time by protestors. The city apparatus as a whole eventually stopped replacing it. Does replacing a flag count as "flying" it any less than failing to replace it once torn down count as "taken down"?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Yeah it is misleading, but only so much as your statement that it was taken down by her. It was taken down each time by protestors. The city apparatus as a whole eventually stopped replacing it. Does replacing a flag count as "flying" it any less than failing to replace it once torn down count as "taken down"?

It was taken down several times between 1964 and 1984. They didn't take it down permanently because someone else took it down again.

They took it down permanently because a black city council member asked her to. After that, Feinstein ordered that it be replaced with the "California Hundred Flag" that was a flag from a group of Californians who independently organized to leave California to fight for the Union in the Civil War.

quote:

The flag is part of an 18-flag display in front of City Hall that is designed to depict flags that played important roles in the history of the United States, according to Tom Malloy, director of the city's Recreation and Parks Department. Malloy said he will continue to fly the Confederate flag until or unless the Board of Supervisors orders it down.

Later on the day of Bradley's second arrest, Feinstein announced the Confederate flag would not be replaced again after the intervention of Doris Ward, a member of San Francisco's Board of Supervisors (akin to a City Council) who would later go on to make history as the first black person to preside over that body

Feinstein announced a new flag would fly, that of "the California Hundred," a famous group of West Coast volunteers who journeyed across the United States to fight with the Union Army in the Civil War.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Sep 29, 2023

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Compare and contrast to the Sasha Obama story from earlier.
Melania has 'quietly renegotiated her prenup' with Trump ahead of his bid for a second White House term and legal drama - and is 'most concerned' about getting a sizeable trust fund for Barron

quote:

To: FarCenter

Disgusting thread to post.

9 posted on 9/29/2023, 2:47:39 AM by dforest

quote:

This is a private matter, not faulting her, as basically a mail-order-bride, to want more. She should really be satisfied with getting American citizenship out of it.

12 posted on 9/29/2023, 2:52:49 AM by Reno89519 (DeSantis 2024. Successful Governor, Honorable Veteran, Respectful, Respected. No Baggage, No Drama.)

quote:

To: Reno89519

Mail order bride? it is my understanding the former first lady was a fashion model working in the US and had independent income. Mail order not needed nor desired.

Source please. Or is this your opinion?

Attacking Trump is one thing. He is in the arena. In attempting snark, you attacked Meliana’s character or rather her mindset. She is a woman who has kept a classy, and relatively low profile, a woman who organized decent projects and worked charities while First Lady, a woman who brought class and style back to the White House after the C!intons and Obamas. What you did is low. Its unworthy of a conservative.

61 posted on 09/29/2023 12:08:29 AM PDT by navymom1
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: navymom1

Reno is a leftist style agitator.

Trump hater.

68 posted on 09/29/2023 1:23:21 AM PDT by Syncro (God is Good Facts is Facts)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 61 | View Replies ]

quote:

Indications are quite clear that something is going on between the two, because she has been conspicuously absent from any public appearances for what, at least a year now?

So if she is negotiating their prenup, one must assume that it would be in her favor, and not Trumps, wouldn’t it? Why else would she renegotiate, if she was only giving him leverage, when he needs her by his side more than ever.

So if she is upping her “cash out” payoff, to me it indicates that a deal has been struck, that if she will start showing up by his side, soon, for when the likely divorce happens later, she will be well rewarded for her apparent servitude, now.

Or, the cost of the divorce will from here on will be so high, that it will serve as a form of blackmail, for lack of a better word, to keep Trump under her thumb, for whatever purposes she decides.

But make no mistake, this is an obvious capitulation from Trump, to whatever she has planned for them going ahead. You don’t just re-do prenups in a loving, wholesome marriage.

49 posted on 9/29/2023, 5:09:17 AM by Golden Eagle (Jesus 2024)

quote:

To: Golden Eagle

You have a very negative and suspicious mind to think that a man in his mid 70s with a battalion of leftists arrayed against him would not entirely naturally and prudently want to make adequate arrangements for his younger wife and young son.

She has been seen in public; you just don’t know where to look, because she does not and never has hogged the limelight as a “co-president” like Hillary or a media darling like Michelle. She has stayed home and has personally raised their son without nannies. Barron is still in high school.

77 posted on 09/29/2023 8:43:33 AM PDT by Albion Wilde (Either ‘the Deep State destroys America, or we destroy the Deep State.’ --Donald Trump)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 49 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: Reno89519

You’re so full of it, your post is a bunch of blahblahahahaablabla. Who cares about your low opinion of other women? Is that supposed to be determinative about a every woman, or this particular woman who has conducted herself with poise and discretion while under constant attack from lowlifes, and who obviously loves this country and is grateful for it? Step up your game and quit driink-posting.

82 posted on 9/29/2023, 7:00:22 PM by Albion Wilde (Either ‘the Deep State destroys America, or we destroy the Deep State.’ --Donald Trump)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 64 | View Replies]

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Absolutely mental, all of a sudden they care about civility.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
"________ isn't classy like Melania Trump " will never get old.

Woman was obviously an escort and you can see her nudes with 2 seconds of googling. There is of course nothing wrong with being an escort or posing nude, but if a Democrat had a wife with the same background they would all stroke out from rage fueled indignation.

And yeah, I get a thrill out of seeing just how completely divorced from reality these people choose to be. They aren't stupid. They are fascists. They lie to everyone all the time including themselves, and they know fully the level of their dishonesty. Their bigotries are more valuable to them than integrity or personal relationships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

"________ isn't classy like Melania Trump " will never get old.

Woman was obviously an escort and you can see her nudes with 2 seconds of googling. There is of course nothing wrong with being an escort or posing nude, but if a Democrat had a wife with the same background they would all stroke out from rage fueled indignation.

And yeah, I get a thrill out of seeing just how completely divorced from reality these people choose to be. They aren't stupid. They are fascists. They lie to everyone all the time including themselves, and they know fully the level of their dishonesty. Their bigotries are more valuable to them than integrity or personal relationships.

Speaking as a person who did porn with their partner, this poo poo where they trash people for it so gross

Like oh, disgusting, two people who love each other and looked hot... banged? on camera? and got paid for it???

hell yeah, what's the problem? that's the least worst thing about Melania Trump

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Oct 1, 2023